PDA

View Full Version : NHC Poch sacked by spurs

pontius pilate
19-11-2019, 06:42 PM
As the title says i must admit to being shocked by this just who are they going to get in now

hfc rd
19-11-2019, 06:43 PM
A little surprised with that.

Stick on for either the Man Utd or Real Madrid job

McKenzie
19-11-2019, 06:44 PM
It’s a job the majority of football would want in fairness. Really good squad, incredible resources in one of the best stadiums in Europe. Mourinho will be licking his lips

Cataplana
19-11-2019, 06:45 PM
How fickle is football?

Callum_62
19-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Crikey. Surely he's walked rather than sacked?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2019, 06:46 PM
How fickle is football?

About the same as football fans.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2019, 06:47 PM
This is just madness, who could they possibly get who's better? :confused:

Ozyhibby
19-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Big decision now for Budge.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
19-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Big decision now for Budge.[emoji6]

Lol

Jambos will be thinking they could get him.

Sir David Gray
He'll be gutted it didn't come last week or he could have got the Hibs job.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Shocking decision imo, he'll go to a top Spanish club no doubt. Good luck to him.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Hecky putting his CV in as we speak. :greengrin

Hibee87
19-11-2019, 06:50 PM
If man utd are quick, it could be the manager they need to build them back up imo. No idea who spurs can think is better, the sacked Bayern boss? Can't see Jose goin, but you never know. Who else?

Hibs4185
19-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Wonder if he fancies the step up to the big team

Lancs Harp
19-11-2019, 06:52 PM
He'll be gutted it didn't come last week or he could have got the Hibs job.

Aye he could have brought Kane with him. Imagine that Kane and Kamberi up front. Double K.

I reckon Jose is lined up.

Sylar
19-11-2019, 06:55 PM
As someone said further up, how utterly fickle is the Premier League?! A great manager who'll be a benefit to whichever club he lands at next.

It's not his fault some in the Spurs squad got a bit of success last year and suddenly fancied themselves as demi-Gods.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Must be some behind the scenes trouble at Spurs. He did a remarkable job last few seasons

Paul1642
19-11-2019, 06:58 PM
I would give it to Rafa

Lancs Harp
19-11-2019, 07:02 PM
More and more football is about right here right now

Champions league final to 14th in the Premier League in 6 months. Thats how it is. Spurs have been a relative disaster this season. Hes paid the price.

HoboHarry
19-11-2019, 07:09 PM
This is just madness, who could they possibly get who's better? :confused:
Craig Levein might be tempted......

Since452
19-11-2019, 07:11 PM
The big name Budge promised. I take it all back

stokesmessiah
19-11-2019, 07:11 PM
That’s an absolute joke.

weecounty hibby
19-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Sacked or resigned to pursue the real big job in football at the moment? Is this the big name experienced manager that the Tarts have been looking for?

The 90+2
19-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Well they will live to regret this one.

Lenny anyone? Saint Brendan?

Seriously though, Eddie Howe if they want to go down the same model that they brought in Poch. Poch for Utd would be a good shout too.

Lancs Harp
19-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Sacked or resigned to pursue the real big job in football at the moment? Is this the big name experienced manager that the Tarts have been looking for?

Hearts are in talks with Messi and Ronaldo as joint player managers. We just cant compete.

Torto7
19-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Mourinho would be a disaster. Spurs run a tight ship and Maureen whined even when he had the millions Utd gave him. I think this is ridiculous btw. There must have been some serious fallouts behind the scenes.

pontius pilate
19-11-2019, 07:42 PM
I saw something earlier on sky sports today about poch and levy never quite caught it at the time. I reckon he is already on a plane to munich. Would like to see spurs go for Eddie Howe but in all honesty god knows who they have lined up for this. As previously mentioned great job but will levy loosen the purse strings as it's a massive rebuild in the summer. Can now see erikson and a few others leave for sure now

Hibeesmad
19-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Mourinho

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Poch would be the perfect man for Arsenal, he'd do a much better job than Dick Emery.

Bostonhibby
19-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Sacked or resigned to pursue the real big job in football at the moment? Is this the big name experienced manager that the Tarts have been looking for?I reckon he'll learn a lot from the wee Post-it notes that Doctor football will send him during games. Never did Cathro any harm.

Looks like it's between him Colin ****er and McPhee for the big job then.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
19-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Poch for the Arse Wenger for Spurs. Worlds turned upside down i tell yer.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Rafa for Spurs

Colr
19-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Bad decision IMO. The problem was the failure to refresh the team not the coach.

Blame lies with Levy not Poch.

Lancs Harp
19-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Poch needs a fresh challenge. Spurs need freshening up. Do them both some good I think. Spurs are currently stale. Champions league to 14th in the Prem in 6 months. A few parties can take the blame for that Poch being one of them.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Poch needs a fresh challenge. Spurs need freshening up. Do them both some good I think. Spurs are currently stale. Champions league to 14th in the Prem in 6 months. A few parties can take the blame for that Poch being one of them.

Agreed it's some fall from grace in such a short time.

HendoDelivered
19-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Shambles. Mourinho, Howe or RB Leipzig manager to get it.

jacomo
19-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Bad decision IMO. The problem was the failure to refresh the team not the coach.

Blame lies with Levy not Poch.

:agree:

Spurs needed to refresh their squad in the summer. Poch said as much but didn’t get his way.

Tobias Funke
19-11-2019, 08:48 PM
I know a Spurs fan who refers to him as “The Myth” and will be delighted he has gone.

For someone who has won f all as a manager he isn’t half held in ridiculously high regard.

Vault Boy
19-11-2019, 08:52 PM
I know a Spurs fan who refers to him as “The Myth” and will be delighted he has gone.

For someone who has won f all as a manager he isn’t half held in ridiculously high regard.

It's all about context. Incredibly unlikely to win anything at Southampton or Spurs in the current climate of English football, he did remarkably well to lift the squad they have to the UCL final when they really shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

I can't see a new manager doing any better honestly.

Newcastlehibby
19-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Poch would be the perfect man for Arsenal, he'd do a much better job than Dick Emery.

Ooh, you are awful....

jgl07
19-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Spurs have hardly signed a player in two years due to their ‘parsimonious’ chairman. They are losing players such as Rose and Aldeweireld who are running down their contracts and refusing transfers.

Spurs will have no defence left in 18 months at this rate.

Poch has done an amazing job there on a budget that is way below the other top-six teams.

Hibeesmad
19-11-2019, 08:58 PM
It's all about context. Incredibly unlikely to win anything at Southampton or Spurs in the current climate of English football, he did remarkably well to lift the squad they have to the UCL final when they really shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Only way of progression is by spending money, there is a fantastic squad there, just need to add a bit more quality and whoever comes in can push the team on to the next level. I can’t see the chairman splashing though, he’s a tight *******.

The Modfather
19-11-2019, 09:34 PM

A poor, and at times shambolic, Arsenal won 3 FA cups in the time Pochetino was at Spurs. He did an incredible job all things considered but it’s not unreasonable to have expected him to have won a domestic cup at some point. They are a nearly team, a couple of FA cup semi finals, a champions league final and, as one article I read put it, somehow finished 3rd in a two horse race the season Leicester won it, but nothing to show for their golden era.

Hibeesmad
19-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Mourinho expected to be announced Spurs manager in the next 48 hours

Hibeesmad
19-11-2019, 10:07 PM
You would think that Mourinho wouldn’t touch the Spurs job unless he was promised funds to progress. He has spoken multiple times about how it would cost money for teams to challenge City and Liverpool. I’m excited to see what he can do at Spurs, he will have a point to prove after his stint at United. This break could see him come back stronger than before. He has won trophies at every club he has been at, I hope he can add another one to his tally here.

jacomo
19-11-2019, 10:09 PM

There’s always one.

Spurs were perennial underachievers for years before Poch took over. He’s done an amazing job in challenging circumstances until the wheels fell off this summer.

They should have sold eriksen in the summer and refreshed the squad, but they didn’t back the manager.

I think this decision is going to work out a lot more expensive for them.

Michael
19-11-2019, 10:20 PM
The writing has been on the wall since the CL semi IMO (Poch's comments in the press about leaving if they won). Best for both parties I think. After 4/5 years you need to change the team or the manager.

Hibeesmad
19-11-2019, 10:23 PM
The writing has been on the wall since the CL semi IMO (Poch's comments in the press about leaving if they won). Best for both parties I think. After 4/5 years you need to change the team or the manager.

Similar happened to Redknapp after stating his desire to leave for the England job.

Mibbes Aye
19-11-2019, 10:33 PM
His departure has been in the post for a couple of months now and I don’t think he was reluctant.

Eddie Howe is an obvious candidate as is Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig but both are under contract.

The likes of Allegri, Ancelotti and Mourinho are all free as far as I am aware.

Hibbyradge
19-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Mourinho

That's a distinct possibility.

Swedish hibee
19-11-2019, 11:01 PM
If only Leanne had waited a few days..

Mr Grieves
19-11-2019, 11:40 PM
In a few years, I reckon Spurs will regret this decision a lot more tha Pochettino

HoboHarry
19-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Mourinho expected to be announced Spurs manager in the next 48 hours
I'd be surprised if he was. It's been a while since he took a position that didn't have a huge budget and unless Spurs are going to give him the keys to the safe I imagine it will end badly.....

MWHIBBIES
19-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Won nothing with a great squad. Best spurs side in 50 years and he wins less than the worst Arsenal in 25. Amazing how the media bummed them up despite being total bottlers.

The budget argument doesn't work either. Just because he was able to secure top players for cheap doesn't mean achieving nothing with them is acceptable. About time he moved on, as far as he was going to take them.

edinburghhibee
20-11-2019, 01:43 AM
Our issue this season is having a large number of the players wanting to move on.

Rose has wanted a move for two years yet nobody wants him for our valuation.

Toby was available for £25m however nobody touched him. Vertongen looks disinterested.

dele Ali has been brutal and barely kicked a ball since the media bigged him up after the Real Madrid game a few years back.

We have lamela getting a new bumper deal last season when let’s be honest he’s been brutal since he came in.

Christian has made no secret that he thinks he can perform at a higher level and they wonder why nothings been won.

Full clear out needed and it’s a massive job for whoever takes it on.

DJ HIBBY
20-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Mourinho now confirmed as Manager

Pretty Boy
20-11-2019, 05:43 AM
Mourinho clearly just happened to be in the club shop trying on a pair of trousers when he got the call.

BILLYHIBS
20-11-2019, 05:48 AM
Mourinho clearly just happened to be in the club shop trying on a pair of trousers when he got the call.

Trousers?

Trackie bottoms surely :greengrin

I know don’t call me Shirley

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 05:51 AM
It's a shame; he did a tremendous job at Spurs, making them Champions League regulars, reaching the final, and all whilst having a relatively small budget. I guess 25 points from the last 24 league games did for him. Rumours of splits in the camp, extra-marital affairs and all sorts of issues creating problems. He'll get an even bigger than Spurs I reckon; he's been linked with Man United a lot.

Scorrie
20-11-2019, 05:57 AM
Mourinho just been named as new spurs coach. Wow that could be a huge step backwards ...

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Mourinho just been named as new spurs coach. Wow that could be a huge step backwards ...

Well that was quick. Anyone would think they had it all planned :hmmm:

Clarence
20-11-2019, 06:05 AM

Hearts must have turned him down.😃

JimBHibees
20-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Wow that is a huge call by Levy given assuming Mourinho not popular with Spurs fans due to Chelsea past and his job at United where the style of football was tortuous.

JimBHibees
20-11-2019, 06:12 AM
His departure has been in the post for a couple of months now and I don’t think he was reluctant.

Eddie Howe is an obvious candidate as is Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig but both are under contract.

Ancelotti currently at Napoli.

Winston Ingram
20-11-2019, 06:15 AM
How fickle is football?

Tbf Spurs league form is awful in comparison to previous years. They've only won 11 all year and lost 12. They've not won an away game since Jan. There has been very little sign of things improving.

BILLYHIBS
20-11-2019, 06:15 AM

Heckys free! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2019, 06:17 AM
Spurs rightly or wrongly are supposed to be a team that play exciting attacking football, the special one wont deliver that, but could win one of the domestic cups.

I wonder how the Spurs fans will feel about that? :greengrin

Didn't George Graham do that for them?

Winston Ingram
20-11-2019, 06:18 AM

Spurs needed to refresh their squad in the summer. Poch said as much but didn’t get his way.

They spent around £150m on Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke. That's a decent refresh.

Brightside
20-11-2019, 07:41 AM

A fantastic coach. Amazed he’s taken the Spurs gig.

WhileTheChief..
20-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Will be good to see Jose back in the game, Man Utd should never have let him go.

JimBHibees
20-11-2019, 08:02 AM
A fantastic coach. Amazed he’s taken the Spurs gig.

When has he last got a team playing well? Style of play is awful to watch and hugely negative.

hibsbollah
20-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Ive been away from football news for a while and when I read this I thought it must have been a joke.

A bizarre decision.

The Modfather
20-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Ive been away from football news for a while and when I read this I thought it must have been a joke.

A bizarre decision.

From Spurs perspective I can see why they’ve done it. Don’t have the stats to hand, but there league form in 2019 is horrendous and the champions league run papered over those cracks. They wouldn’t have made the top 4 if things were to continue IMO, and Pochetino has made noises about leaving anyway, so if someone like Jose is available now us maybe the time to accelerate a parting of the ways that seemed inevitable. Gives them a better chance of making the top 4 and getting Jose in before someone else does.

It’s still a massive gamble though and I’d rather have a manager like Pochetino, who is on the way up, doing a rebuild than someone like Mourinho who is arguably on the way down. I’d actually quite enjoy watching the irony of Mourinho turning into Wenger and being left behind by the times.

jacomo
20-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Will be good to see Jose back in the game, Man Utd should never have let him go.

He’s a massive prick who looks finished as a top coach.

His ‘pragmatic’ style of play is anathema to Spurs traditions. I can’t see this going well.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 09:27 AM
From Spurs perspective I can see why they’ve done it. Don’t have the stats to hand, but there league form in 2019 is horrendous and the champions league run papered over those cracks. They wouldn’t have made the top 4 if things were to continue IMO, and Pochetino has made noises about leaving anyway, so if someone like Jose is available now us maybe the time to accelerate a parting of the ways that seemed inevitable. Gives them a better chance of making the top 4 and getting Jose in before someone else does.

It’s still a massive gamble though and I’d rather have a manager like Pochetino, who is on the way up, doing a rebuild than someone like Mourinho who is arguably on the way down. I’d actually quite enjoy watching the irony of Mourinho turning into Wenger and being left behind by the times.

No away win in the league since January; 25 points from the last 24 games. There are problems in the camp, but I'm still surprised Poch wasn't given more time.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 09:42 AM
I've just had a quick look at Spurs forum TFC, and the news of Mourinho is receving a mixed response. A poster called Ahab:

'
**** off Mourinho. So how much are they paying that ****?
Levy you twat!' :greengrin

theonlywayisup
20-11-2019, 09:43 AM
I find Mourinho incredibly boring - both in how he speaks and how he sets up his teams.

If he was ever to manage one of the Edinburgh clubs, he'd be more "Hertz" than "Hibs".

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Mourinho’s record-

P: 909 W:589 D:186 L:134
Win ratio: 64.8%

One of the greatest managers in football history. Many managers with success always get challenged with talking over a club which isn’t already a title contender and doing a job with them to prove their quality. This is Mourinho’s time, he took this job wanting to prove to the world how good he is.

The_Exile
20-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Mourinho is excellent tactically, both in his prep and during the game, if somethings not working he'll change it, whether it be 5 minutes in or 75 minutes in. He adapts during games better than anyone I can think of off the top of my head. I have a vague recollection of his first stint at Chelsea being known for his ruthlessness and making all 3 subs before half-time! He was playing a 'minnow' in the FA Cup and he put the same prep in, handing over all his scouting and match prep documents to the opposition manager afterwards to show him the work that's needed to reach the top, this manager said it took him nearly a month to go through it all.

However, for all the good points about Jose, there's a few worrying traits. When it goes bad, it goes bad rapidly and never seems to ends well. Can't think of any youth players that he's nurtured who've gone on to be top players, i.e. he needs big money to succeed, although this wasn't the case at Uniao de Leiria or Porto, and don't think he spent much at Inter either. His style of play can be quite negative (although I don't mind that as I love watching a good defensive counter-attack team just as much as a free-flowing attacking one). I don't think that'll be the case at Spurs initially though as he has excellent attacking players to choose from.

I've followed Spurs longer than Hibs, so I know how up and down this team are, much like us to be honest. Will be interesting to see how much is spent in the summer and what kind of reaction he gets from the squad.

ekhibee
20-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Without a doubt he's an arrogant little prick, but he used to be a really top class manager. IMO he never matched his achievement of winning the CL with Porto, it's a bit different when you've got all that Russian oil money behind you at Chelski. Don't know if he's quite as good as he was, I don't really think he'll be able to make this Spurs team tick the way Pochettino used to and it could all go pear-shaped for Daniel Levy, Mourinho isn't exactly the most popular manager either, but if he gets them a European place or maybe a cup along the way I reckon the fans will put up with him. I'd be surprised if he was there for more than 2 seasons, but that's just my opinion.

Barman Stanton
20-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Mourinho’s record-

P: 909 W:589 D:186 L:134
Win ratio: 64.8%

One of the greatest managers in football history. Many managers with success always get challenged with talking over a club which isn’t already a title contender and doing a job with them to prove their quality. This is Mourinho’s time, he took this job wanting to prove to the world how good he is.

This. He literally wins things everywhere he goes. People on here talking like he is Butcher or something.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 11:14 AM
When has he last got a team playing well? Style of play is awful to watch and hugely negative.

He finished 2nd and won 2 trophies with the current United side, he said himself that was his greatest achievement. Style of play being negative is such an exaggeration. Only at United because they were really poor. His real and inter sides were excellent to watch.

hibsbollah
20-11-2019, 11:14 AM

This article gets it spot on IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/19/spurs-sacking-mauricio-pochettino-brutal-inevitable

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 11:15 AM
This. He literally wins things everywhere he goes. People on here talking like he is Butcher or something.

The media are unbelievably powerful, this thread proves it. Everyone saying exactly what the media have in the last 2 years, no one actually doing any fact checking themselves.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 11:26 AM
It will be very interesting to see how things go. Being a Chelsea legend, Mourinho has to win the Spurs fans over, yet his reputation for pragmatism at the expense of entertainment isn't something Spurs are known for. He will need to make a good start, as there seems to be a lot of affection for Poch. Given Spurs have their new stadium to pay for, he mightn't have a lot to spend, but there is an excellent squad waiting for him, even if a few want to leave.

Mourinho and Spurs aren't a combination I expected to see. It will probably be either a massive success or a car crash, with no in-between.

WhileTheChief..
20-11-2019, 12:00 PM
He’s a massive prick who looks finished as a top coach.

His ‘pragmatic’ style of play is anathema to Spurs traditions. I can’t see this going well.

Yeah, I don't see it like that at all.

I think he's brilliant and love listening to what he has to say.

He's one of the most successful managers of all time and prob still in the top 5 around just now.

If he's finished then God help almost every other manager out there.

He'll win plenty more league titles and probably Champs Leagues before he retires.

The Modfather
20-11-2019, 12:24 PM
The media are unbelievably powerful, this thread proves it. Everyone saying exactly what the media have in the last 2 years, no one actually doing any fact checking themselves.

I don’t think it’s being led by the media to question whether Mourinho is yesterday’s man. The way it ended in his second spell at Chelsea and at Man U pose questions about whether his man management still works with the players of today IMO. He did win two trophies at Man U, but is second place, a league cup and a Europa League enough for the £391m he spent on players?

It will be interesting to see how he gets on, particularly as he won’t have the same amount of money to spend as he is used to. I don’t think he will win any of the big trophies until Guardiola and Klop leave.

heretoday
20-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Mourinho will do well if Levy backs him up. Some say he's finished but even at Man Utd he won two cups and that was seen as a low point.
He's got plenty left.

Northernhibee
20-11-2019, 12:34 PM
I could see domino effect of OGS going if Man Utd think they stand a chance of appointing Poch.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 12:36 PM
I could see domino effect of OGS going if Man Utd think they stand a chance of appointing Poch.

Big decision. If they want Poch, they will sound him out to ascertain whether he's interested before sacking Ole. It's a ruthless business.

MagicSwirlingShip
20-11-2019, 12:38 PM
I don’t think it’s being led by the media to question whether Mourinho is yesterday’s man. The way it ended in his second spell at Chelsea and at Man U pose questions about whether his man management still works with the players of today IMO. He did win two trophies at Man U, but is second place, a league cup and a Europa League enough for the £391m he spent on players?

It will be interesting to see how he gets on, particularly as he won’t have the same amount of money to spend as he is used to. I don’t think he will win any of the big trophies until Guardiola and Klop leave.

2nd and Europa winners was the best he could do with that squad IMO. Considering he was up against a Man City side who finished on 100 points, that was a great achievement.

If he can convince some of Spurs top players to stick around and get Levy to loosen the purse strings, he will bring them silverware.

Biggie
20-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Its how all big clubs operate.....

Steve20
20-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I don't see it like that at all.

I think he's brilliant and love listening to what he has to say.

He's one of the most successful managers of all time and prob still in the top 5 around just now.

If he's finished then God help almost every other manager out there.

He'll win plenty more league titles and probably Champs Leagues before he retires.

Don't think he'll win anymore Champs Leagues.

Titles maybe, but that will be if he gets a job like Bayern or PSG where you can't fail to win it.

He was an excellent manager in his prime. He hasn't changed his ways to move on with the times though. He'll be sacked this time next year.

Barman Stanton
20-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Don't think he'll win anymore Champs Leagues.

Titles maybe, but that will be if he gets a job like Bayern or PSG where you can't fail to win it.

He was an excellent manager in his prime. He hasn't changed his ways to move on with the times though. He'll be sacked this time next year.

His last Champions League win was only 9 years ago. Hardly a lifetime away. I certainly wouldnt bet against him winning it again.

It really just shows you just how critical people are these days. A guy who has won everything, is talked about like he is a dud. I find it bizarre to be honest. Even where he hasnt done particularly well at a club, he still delivered silverware.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 02:01 PM

They'd kill for that now. Considering he didn't have a say on half those players or they were desperate 2nd choices, he done really well. 100x the manager Oli is.

J-C
20-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Big decision. If they want Poch, they will sound him out to ascertain whether he's interested before sacking Ole. It's a ruthless business.

Cant see Man U getting shot of Ole this quickly, they're going in a new direction with young talented players and recently they've been scintillating and a joy to watch. Ole will get another window to move on some and bring others in.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Cant see Man U getting shot of Ole this quickly, they're going in a new direction with young talented players and recently they've been scintillating and a joy to watch. Ole will get another window to move on some and bring others in.

My season ticket holding brother in law has described them to me as many things over the past month, scintillating has not been one of them.

J-C
20-11-2019, 04:51 PM
My season ticket holding brother in law has described them to me as many things over the past month, scintillating has not been one of them.

I've watched the last 3-4 games and they just seem to have clicked, getting rave reviews from Shearee etc. I think getting a system and regular team every week has made a difference, Rashford, Martial, Periera and James have been brilliant recently, plus playing some very good youngsters. I can see what they're trying to do, young hungry youngsters similar to what Lampard is trying at Chelsea.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2019, 05:05 PM
I've watched the last 3-4 games and they just seem to have clicked, getting rave reviews from Shearee etc. I think getting a system and regular team every week has made a difference, Rashford, Martial, Periera and James have been brilliant recently, plus playing some very good youngsters. I can see what they're trying to do, young hungry youngsters similar to what Lampard is trying at Chelsea.

He watches them home and away and would be more than happy to see Olly moved on, I’m loving his displeasure 😁

Just_Jimmy
20-11-2019, 05:14 PM
I've watched the last 3-4 games and they just seem to have clicked, getting rave reviews from Shearee etc. I think getting a system and regular team every week has made a difference, Rashford, Martial, Periera and James have been brilliant recently, plus playing some very good youngsters. I can see what they're trying to do, young hungry youngsters similar to what Lampard is trying at Chelsea.I watch United in person at every home game. They've flashed lately but they're still miles off anything. If potch is available and willing they should move now and never look back.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Joao Sacramento has been brought in as Jose's assistant, 29 year old who was assistant manager at Lille last season and technical assistant at Monaco the year they won Ligue 1. Luis Campos, Lille's Sporting Director has also been rumoured to be joining the club in a similar role

Sir David Gray
20-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Manchester Utd are anything but scintillating at the moment.

I don't necessarily blame Solskjær he can only play with the squad he's got. The players they have there are miles away from the standard they need.

erin go bragh
20-11-2019, 06:33 PM

Pretty sure Mourinho has won at least one trophy with every club he has managed.
The guys a winner 😉

JimBHibees
20-11-2019, 07:25 PM
He finished 2nd and won 2 trophies with the current United side, he said himself that was his greatest achievement. Style of play being negative is such an exaggeration. Only at United because they were really poor. His real and inter sides were excellent to watch.

He spent hundreds of millions at United and was punted because they were awful and terrible to watch. They were going to Anfield and parking the bus total anti football.

Callum_62
20-11-2019, 07:26 PM
He spent hundreds of millions at United and was punted because they were awful and terrible to watch. They were going to Anfield and parking the bus total anti football.Look at them go now [emoji849]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
20-11-2019, 07:33 PM
He spent hundreds of millions at United and was punted because they were awful and terrible to watch. They were going to Anfield and parking the bus total anti football.

Cannae see Jose M being anything less than a failure at Spurs

Plus he's a grade A Twat

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Because the money spent, not all by him, signed weak 2nd choice players. Only Pogba and Zlatan were top tier signings.

His United were infinitely better than Olis. Amazing he hasn't been punted yet.

The_Exile
20-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Real Madrid
Man Utd
Chelsea

Folk say he's spent massively at these clubs, name me one manager of these clubs that hasn't spent massively in the last decade? Real Madrid spend massively every season it seems, same with Man Utd, and since Abramovich took over at Chelsea he's went mad with the cash. Jose Mourinho has not gone in to these clubs and spent the money without the club knowing, that money has been available to spend so of course you're going to go out and spend it, any manager would! Allegri, Pellegrini, Guardiola, Ancelotti, all spent mammoth amounts of money on players too and nobody says they have bought success?

I'm going to predict that he'll be a big success at Spurs and he'll win something. Or he'll last a year tops. :greengrin

The Modfather
20-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Real Madrid
Man Utd
Chelsea

Folk say he's spent massively at these clubs, name me one manager of these clubs that hasn't spent massively in the last decade? Real Madrid spend massively every season it seems, same with Man Utd, and since Abramovich took over at Chelsea he's went mad with the cash. Jose Mourinho has not gone in to these clubs and spent the money without the club knowing, that money has been available to spend so of course you're going to go out and spend it, any manager would! Allegri, Pellegrini, Guardiola, Ancelotti, all spent mammoth amounts of money on players too and nobody says they have bought success?

I'm going to predict that he'll be a big success at Spurs and he'll win something. Or he'll last a year tops. :greengrin

Jose is the highest spending manager in history, spent 1.4bn

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1497946-the-10-highest-spending-managers-in-football-history-based-on-transfer-expenditure%3famp

The_Exile
20-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Jose is the highest spending manager in history, spent 1.4bn

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1497946-the-10-highest-spending-managers-in-football-history-based-on-transfer-expenditure%3famp

Yeah I'm not disputing that. But IMO he hasn't bought success any more than those other managers on that list.

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Mourinho reported to be on £15m per year, only Guardiola is on more money in Europe apparently, it’s also roughly double the amount that Pochettino earned.