PDA

View Full Version : Efe

Pages : [1] 2

J-C
15-11-2019, 08:45 PM
Just had a message on messenger from a very good mate saying Efe at HTC getting a medical, usually ok source but passing on what I've been told. There was a pic of a car with 4 EFY as it's reg.

California-Hibs
15-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Just had a message on messenger from a very good mate saying Efe at HTC getting a medical, usually ok source but passing on what I've been told. There was a pic of a car with 4 EFY as it's reg.

I'd be ecstatic if we got Ambrose back! He'd make the world of difference to our team!

WhileTheChief..
15-11-2019, 08:51 PM
That would be the best news I’ve heard in a long time. Here’s hoping.

JoeT
15-11-2019, 08:52 PM
At this time of night on Friday?

Jack
15-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Aye, trying to avoid the snoopers lol

bingo70
15-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Would be great.

Watched a video with Jack Ross talking tactics and he’s analysing a game against Dundee Utd that they won 3-0. They played a 3-4-3 formation and he spoke of the importance of his right sided defender that was able to step forward and find a pass into the midfield. Thought when I was listening to that it would work great with Efe and Hanlon either side of Porteous.

Since452
15-11-2019, 08:55 PM

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase - Pants, Coming, Im, In, My

Sammy7nil
15-11-2019, 08:56 PM
If he signed it would be the end for one of more of Hanlon,Jackson,McGregor,James, Stevenson,Gray or Whittiker we simply have too many who will not be quoted. Changing of the gaurd?

JoeT
Aye, trying to avoid the snoopers lol
He'll be off for one of his kebabs afterwards. I'm going to hang outside the chippy's on the walk

kinni35

don’t get my hopes up for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
15-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Could've been anytime, gets dark after 3.30, TBH I on't know how much truth is in it, just passing on.

Speedway
15-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Bogdan and Efe?

Have we finally seen sense and gone back to signing proper players?

JoeT
15-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Bogdan and Efe?

Add stokesy please.

Sammy7nil
15-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Add stokesy please.

No thanks definite no from me. Let his legend live his time has come and gone.

Speedway
Could've been anytime, gets dark after 3.30, TBH I on't know how much truth is in it, just passing on.

You're not one for making things up J-C, so hopefully your source isn't either.

bingo70
Bogdan and Efe?

Not wanting to Labour the point about Heckingbottom as he’s away now but I always got the impression he didn’t really want characters in the changing room, he wanted students that wanted to learn the game.

Could never have seen Efe enjoying his management.

Vault Boy
15-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Getting the band back together, act two

hfc rd
15-11-2019, 09:04 PM
First Bogdan re-signing, then Ross being hired as the manager, then McCann being interviewed for the yams job and now potentially Ambrose returning...... https://i.giphy.com/media/QjTAjja6qYQhi/giphy.gif

Sir David Gray
15-11-2019, 09:06 PM
This would be incredible news.

I doubt it'll happen but I'd be delighted if it does.

tonyrougier123
15-11-2019, 09:09 PM

🙌🙏🙌🙏🙌🙏 efe! 😎

HoboHarry
15-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Would love to see him back but he's going to be a loooooonnnnngggggggg way from being match fit......

Speedway
15-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Not wanting to Labour the point about Heckingbottom as he’s away now but I always got the impression he didn’t really want characters in the changing room, he wanted students that wanted to learn the game.

Could never have seen Efe enjoying his management.

It's a fine line between 'student' and 'robot' I think, bingo.

15-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Would love to see him back but he's going to be a loooooonnnnngggggggg way from being match fit......

Couldn’t agree more. He hasn’t played proper football since he left us. Will take him time to get back up to speed but I would certainly welcome back the old Eve.

CloudSquall
15-11-2019, 09:18 PM
There wouldn't be a tap to rip aff anymore if this is true.

Speedway
15-11-2019, 09:19 PM

When is Efe ever match fit?

He smokes a fag, eats a kebab, claims he's 29 when he's actually 49 and still strolls through matches with his opponent in his pocket.

Not that keen on training during the week either.

Superb!

Inconsequential
15-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Rearrange these words into a well known phrase - Pants, Coming, Im, In, MyIn my pants I'm coming? In fact I come and go everywhere in my pants. :rolleyes:

J-C
15-11-2019, 09:22 PM

This is the pic I got.

Vault Boy
15-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Ooft, this would be something else

BoomtownHibees
15-11-2019, 09:29 PM

This is the pic I got.

A 2013 BMW. Thought he was a bit more classier than that 😎

Unseen work
15-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Would be great to have him and Bogdan back.

Neither have played in 6 months though and will be lacking match fitness and sharpness, They are good professionals though so hopefully not far behind.

You would imagine Ofir would be off in January which would free up a big wage and get us a relatively decent fee.

With Ambrose coming in you’d imagine at least one of Daz, Hanlon, Porto, Jackson, Whitts, Gray, Naismith, James would be away.

The good thing is these 2 guys are quality. Get them in with Lewis Morgan and some other players lacking game time or take players on the rise.

Kyle Magennis
Dylan Mcgeouch
Stephane Omeonga
Alan Campbell
Greg Docherty

James Scott
Sherwin Seedorf
Marc McNulty
Paul McMullan
Louis Moult

Take your pick of a couple from that list and we’re looking strong :agree:

Fuzzywuzzy
15-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Fresh mot and no advisorys 🤣🤣

J-C
15-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Would be great to have him and Bogdan back.

Neither have played in 6 months though and will be lacking match fitness and sharpness, They are good professionals though so hopefully not far behind.

You would imagine Ofir would be off in January which would free up a big wage and get us a relatively decent fee.

With Ambrose coming in you’d imagine at least one of Daz, Hanlon, Porto, Jackson, Whitts, Gray, Naismith, James would be away.

The good thing is these 2 guys are quality. Get them in with Lewis Morgan and some other players lacking game time or take players on the rise.

Kyle Magennis
Dylan Mcgeouch
Stephane Omeonga
Alan Campbell
Greg Docherty

James Scott
Sherwin Seedorf
Marc McNulty
Paul McMullan
Louis Moult

Take your pick of a couple from that list and we’re looking strong :agree:

Dylan and Seedorf(has pace to burn)

Speedway
15-11-2019, 09:38 PM
I think Whitts has admitted that his time as a player is coming to a close.

I think we'll see him and James removed from the squad ASAP and Naismith signed on a permanent.

J-C
15-11-2019, 09:41 PM
I think Whitts has admitted that his time as a player is coming to a close.

I think we'll see him and James removed from the squad ASAP and Naismith signed on a permanent.

James was a weird one, just been relegated with Yeovil to 5th tier English football and Hecky felt he was good enough, painfully slow and tactically poor, did he cost us a fee?

Unseen work
15-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Dylan and Seedorf(has pace to burn)

Would be two really good signings imo, personally think we could do with a new left back/left wing back as if playing a 352 I think Lewis may struggle a bit

It’s all if buts and maybes but I don’t think we’re too far off having a strong team, getting balance to us would make the world of a diffence.

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for Stephen McGinn who was a big part of his team at St Mirren. Whilst not a big name or one many would be excited by. I think he is the exact type we’re missing and would impress a lot of folk.

J-C
15-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Would be two really good signings imo, personally think we could do with a new left back/left wing back as if playing a 352 I think Lewis may struggle a bit

It’s all if buts and maybes but I don’t think we’re too far off having a strong team, getting balance to us would make the world of a diffence.

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for Stephen McGinn who was a big part of his team at St Mirren. Whilst not a big name or one many would be excited by. I think he is the exact type we’re missing and would impress a lot of folk.

Possibly get Mackie back as he's better going forward than defending, has a sweet left peg too.

Funny but I think Lewis is better when he's allowed to go forward and get crosses in, I felt he sat very very deep under Heckingbottom's tactics.

Unseen work
15-11-2019, 09:45 PM
I have hope for James yet.

Very good technically, great range of passing, shooting, crossing and composure. However he lacks intensity and stands off wingers giving them acres of space to run at him and the defence.

Hopefully he can learn and improve defensively but I would write him off yet.

The issue is we have Naismith, Gray, Whittikar and him competing for a place, we can’t justify having 4 right backs imo.

Speedway
15-11-2019, 09:46 PM
James was a weird one, just been relegated with Yeovil to 5th tier English football and Hecky felt he was good enough, painfully slow and tactically poor, did he cost us a fee?

I don't recall there being one but I think he was a 'utility' signing as it was suggested when he arrived that he could play across the back 4 and DM.

Poor in all positions, but in a versatile way.

Nicho87
15-11-2019, 09:49 PM
Who took the pic. The security guard

lord bunberry
15-11-2019, 09:49 PM
I want to father Efe’s children.

Jones28
15-11-2019, 09:55 PM
I want to father Efe’s children.

I want to mother them

J-C
15-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Who took the pic. The security guard

Not a clue.

I just asked him how legit, he said "Yes definitely, don't divulge yet just incase but 99% true", ooops! too late haha :greengrin

Robbo6-2
15-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Pray this is true.

NC1875
15-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Good bit of money to pay for a number plate that doesn’t even spell your name!!

green with envy
15-11-2019, 10:08 PM
In my pants I'm coming? In fact I come and go everywhere in my pants. :rolleyes:

Weirdo!

heretoday
15-11-2019, 10:09 PM
Add stokesy please.

And Malonga. Come back to Easter Road!

Mr Grieves
15-11-2019, 10:13 PM
This would be amazing.

15-11-2019, 10:17 PM

He was supposed to be there at 3.30 but he's not the best at timekeeping.

04Sauzee
15-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Can't see it happening myself

JohnM1875
15-11-2019, 10:25 PM
If we get Efe back I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself!

SideBurns
15-11-2019, 10:33 PM
If we get Efe back I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself!

He ain't Efe
He's my brother

Just_Jimmy
15-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Think it might be photo shopped.
Sure that was on a roverNope. Comes back to black 2013 diesel l BMW. Taxed til march 2020 motd to Oct 2020.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Inconsequential
15-11-2019, 10:43 PM
Weirdo! Haha! How dare you! Like the major shareholder of Hibernian FC I have connections to the US. It is perfectly normal behaviour there to come and go everywhere in one's pants. But thinking about it you're probably right! :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Possibly get Mackie back as he's better going forward than defending, has a sweet left peg too.

Funny but I think Lewis is better when he's allowed to go forward and get crosses in, I felt he sat very very deep under Heckingbottom's tactics.

Mackie has not impressed at Dundee so far.

tamig
15-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Mackie will never make it here. Not a chance.

Deansy
15-11-2019, 10:52 PM
I'd take him back - 'Efe moments' - and all !!

tamig
15-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Not a clue.

I just asked him how legit, he said "Yes definitely, don't divulge yet just incase but 99% true", ooops! too late haha :greengrin

Why the hell would Ambrose be signing for Hibs on the same day we announce our new manager? Who’s doing the signing? I just can’t see it at all.

Speedway
15-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Why the hell would Ambrose be signing for Hibs on the same day we announce our new manager? Who’s doing the signing? I just can’t see it at all.

The same people who approached Bogdan while we had no manager.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2019, 11:01 PM
I smell shi..

Inconsequential
15-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Why the hell would Ambrose be signing for Hibs on the same day we announce our new manager? Who’s doing the signing? I just can’t see it at all. Indeed, Jack Ross doesn't start till next week as far as I know.

lord bunberry
15-11-2019, 11:22 PM
I want to mother them
Let’s get married.

Aim Here
15-11-2019, 11:34 PM
It might have been marginally plausible had you not included a photo of a car whose personalized number plate spelled 'Efe' wrong. And which he almost certainly wouldn't have maintained, given that he's been training in Nigeria this last couple of months. The Sun interviewed him there just the start of this month and the Evening news interviewed there in September. Did he come back to the UK just to give his car an MOT?

Your mate is having you on, sadly.

monarch
15-11-2019, 11:58 PM
Eh8

16-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Efe I love you

Hibbyradge
16-11-2019, 12:26 AM
Eh8

Cryptic 🤔

lord bunberry
16-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Cryptic 🤔
Na it’s Newington mate.

GibbytheHibby2
16-11-2019, 01:32 AM
I have hope for James yet.

Very good technically, great range of passing, shooting, crossing and composure. However he lacks intensity and stands off wingers giving them acres of space to run at him and the defence.

Hopefully he can learn and improve defensively but I would write him off yet.

The issue is we have Naismith, Gray, Whittikar and him competing for a place, we can’t justify having 4 right backs imo.

James doesn’t have it. Tries to jockey and block all the time. Naismith’s performance at Perth is the best at RB since SDG.

monktonharp
16-11-2019, 01:46 AM
It might have been marginally plausible had you not included a photo of a car whose personalized number plate spelled 'Efe' wrong. And which he almost certainly wouldn't have maintained, given that he's been training in Nigeria this last couple of months. The Sun interviewed him there just the start of this month and the Evening news interviewed there in September. Did he come back to the UK just to give his car an MOT?

Your mate is having you on, sadly.I saw this car. was not at East Mains training centre. it was at Sam Burns' scrapyard in the 'Pans .:wink:

Hibbyradge
16-11-2019, 02:03 AM
Na it’s Newington mate.

:greengrin

sadtom
16-11-2019, 04:17 AM
Pretty please. :pray:

sean04
16-11-2019, 05:28 AM
I’m just wondering, has Bogdan and efe been wanting to come back but Hecky said no? Now that he’s away we can complete the deals?

J-C
16-11-2019, 05:36 AM

Your mate is having you on, sadly.

He's not having me on, he's passing on to me and then me onto here, he's not on here but prefers the bounce. I go to all home games with him, most info he gets is genuine, some true and some not true, remember people it's just a rumour, it's what keeps us going at times.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2019, 05:38 AM
Efe still has his Kebab Shop just up from The Kings :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2019, 06:02 AM

Might be match fit by August if he gets the finger oot but hey Efe never trained anyway

Efe was just Efe!

:not worth

coco mc
16-11-2019, 06:10 AM
I’m just wondering, has Bogdan and efe been wanting to come back but Hecky said no? Now that he’s away we can complete the deals?

Adam has been desperate to come back ,it’s criminal a guy with his talent and pedigree not being picked up earlier by us.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2019, 06:12 AM
Adam has been desperate to come back ,it’s criminal a guy with his talent and pedigree not being picked up earlier by us.
:agree:

Spotted him in the West at the St Mirren game at the start of the season

tonyrougier123
16-11-2019, 06:26 AM
Na it’s Newington mate.

😂👏

McKenzie
16-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Efe back to play the busquets role in midfield. Europa league here we come

greenpaper55
16-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Not for me thanks , has everyone forgotten what a bombscare he can be ?

Vault Boy
16-11-2019, 07:26 AM

I think you might have forgotten just how outstanding he was for us. Our best player last season before leaving.

J-C
16-11-2019, 07:28 AM
As I said I've not a clue how much truth there is in it but he could be seen as the DM we all wanted, strong athletic with good vision.

truehibernian
16-11-2019, 07:28 AM

Are you being serious ? He was one of our best players when here and added real quality, drive and desire. Every player has a moment - quality player.

SMAXXA
16-11-2019, 07:32 AM

Load of ***** he had very few ‘bombscare’ moment for us as you put it. He was a class act I think your trolling

Hibeesmad
16-11-2019, 07:33 AM
I really hope he signs

BoomtownHibees
16-11-2019, 07:33 AM
As I said I've not a clue how much truth there is in it but he could be seen as the DM we all wanted, strong athletic with good vision.

I know it was only one game but did you see him attempt to play that role away to Killie?

BoomtownHibees
16-11-2019, 07:34 AM

How many ‘bombscare’ moments can you name from his time with us?

J-C
16-11-2019, 07:38 AM
I know it was only one game but did you see him attempt to play that role away to Killie?

True, I always felt he had great attributes to play there.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2019, 07:41 AM
I think you might have forgotten just how outstanding he was for us. Our best player last season before leaving.

Are you being serious ? He was one of our best players when here and added real quality, drive and desire. Every player has a moment - quality player.

Load of ***** he had very few ‘bombscare’ moment for us as you put it. He was a class act I think your trolling

:doh: :tee hee:

Sir David Gray
16-11-2019, 07:43 AM

Clearly I have.

I can only remember him being one of our best players in most matches he played for us.

Can you give me some examples of these bombscare moments?

The 90+2
16-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Decent fishing trip going on there.

147lothian
16-11-2019, 08:06 AM
Clearly I have.

I can only remember him being one of our best players in most matches he played for us.

Can you give me some examples of these bombscare moments?

Don't waste your time, he's at it Trolling

stubru59
16-11-2019, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;5991775]Mackie has not impressed at Dundee so far.

Watched him a few times for Dundee and he doesn’t looks out of place in that league.

McKenzie
16-11-2019, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;5991775]Mackie has not impressed at Dundee so far.

Watched him a few times for Dundee and he doesn’t looks out of place in that league.

It is the championship in fairness... if we are putting guys out on loan they should be excelling in lower divisions ready to make the step up to first team

Slim Shady
16-11-2019, 08:27 AM

The manager doesn’t do the signings at Hibs. Hasn’t been like that for a few seasons.
Hallberg, Omeonga, McNulty, Nelom, Mavrais, Bogdan II.......

Brightside
16-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Efe on the whole was outstanding but there was plenty bombscare moments.

Nicho87
16-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Ambrose is the type of player we should be striving to sign. Played at highest level. Knows the league.

More effe, less unknown mediocrity from league 2 england. No contest. I genuinely don’t understand some hibs fans at time.

Callum_62
16-11-2019, 08:33 AM
How many ‘bombscare’ moments can you name from his time with us?Mind that time he gave a goal away at Pittodrie.

For that sole mistake he can GTF.

[emoji102][emoji848]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The Modfather
16-11-2019, 08:45 AM

He always seemed to start the season looking shaky and living up to his bombscare reputation the first few games, before getting better and better as the season went on. Off the top of my head can remember a horror show at home to Asteras and another one at home to Ross County in the cup, as well as the already mentioned Aberdeen game.

Would definitely sign him and worry later about moving on any of Hanlon, McGregor or Jackson to accommodate him.

04Sauzee
16-11-2019, 08:50 AM
The manager doesn’t do the signings at Hibs. Hasn’t been like that for a few seasons.

Our manager has the final say on signings. The recruitment team may put forward players but Ross will have the final say.

southsider
16-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Add stokesy please.

Perhaps not but LG on loan..,,,,..yes please.

villahibs
16-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Agreed. Kidding ourselves on if we think there were no bombscare moments. Generally though they were followed up by something equally brilliant. Let’s be honest, without the bombscare moments there’s not a hope in hell Hibs could ever sign a player of that ability.

Sometimes you just need to accept that, as a full back, he takes chances to create the moments of brilliance. If it doesn’t come off he’s usually the last man and it turns into a bombscare moment. Much rather watch that than James struggling with the basics every week...

SquashedFrogg
16-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Not entirely correct I'm afraid. Lennon phoned McNulty to persuade him to come. Albeit he left before the player actually arrived.

Ozyhibby
Only time I saw Efe as anywhere close to a liability was if he was played out of position at full back. The rest of the time he was outstanding.

villahibs

Agreed. Kidding ourselves on if we think there were no bombscare moments. Generally though they were followed up by something equally brilliant. Let’s be honest, without the bombscare moments there’s not a hope in hell Hibs could ever sign a player of that ability.

Sometimes you just need to accept that, as a full back, he takes chances to create the moments of brilliance. If it doesn’t come off he’s usually the last man and it turns into a bombscare moment. Much rather watch that than James struggling with the basics every week...

bigwheel
16-11-2019, 08:59 AM
I’d say there were only one or two max moments that hurt us...by and large his pace got him out of any mistakes that he made. Overall he was far and away our top performer in the season he left us..tbh. Was probably still our player of the season even though he left half way through..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southsider
16-11-2019, 09:00 AM
I remember him strolling up field with the ball at his feet, gave their forward a body swerve. Jez, the guy had to pay to get back in.

stoneyburn hibs
16-11-2019, 09:11 AM

Surely you jest ?

Bob Box Fish
16-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Effe, when he left was our best player by a mile, I would take him back in a heartbeat.

16-11-2019, 09:12 AM
His bombscare moments exclusively came at Pittodrie when we got skelped 4-1. Other than that he was utter class

Pretty Boy
16-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Efe Ambrose was different class for Hibs.

His ability to carry the ball out from the back was a massive asset in itself. If he's half the player he was last time he was here and there's any way a deal can be done then it's the proverbial no brainer.

HFCdeb
16-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Don't do this to me!
Miss him every day.

tamig
16-11-2019, 09:28 AM

Thats a bit of a myth. The winter window in january this year was a different situation. No way Ambrose would be signing imminently unless JR was fully behind it.

Smartie
16-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Efe used to start the season horrendously, and once he got into his stride after a couple of months was one of our best and most consistent performers.

The midfield during Lennon’s second half of his second season get most of the credit, but Efe was a huge part of the success of that team.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Our manager has the final say on signings. The recruitment team may put forward players but Ross will have the final say.

Exactly this.

No player if forced on the manager.

southsider
16-11-2019, 09:33 AM
As far as I know he only wants a wage. Don’t think he is looking for massive money. We seem to have found some money as LD said that improvements to the squad were needed.

16-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Thinking of him dropping the shoulder gives me a semi

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Efe or James?

Efe or Jackson?

Efe or Gray?

Efe or McGregor?

Efe or Hanlon?

Efe every time for me when fit.

He has the odd clanger in him, we've all seen it ourselves, but in the main he's a 8/10 every match, and he brings so much more than defending to the team.

3pm
16-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Efe or James?

Efe or Jackson?

Efe or Gray?

Efe or McGregor?

Efe or Hanlon?

Efe every time for me when fit.

He has the odd clanger in him, we've all seen it ourselves, but in the main he's a 8/10 every match, and he brings so much more than defending to the team.

Losing him and McGinn 4 months apart was a disaster. Thought those two were top drawer at carrying the ball and moving other teams about a bit.

Hanlon decent at in when he’s playing well but those two were class.

Robbo6-2
16-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Has this rumour got any more legs.

Ambrose was brilliant for us. 1 game out of 50odd he made a mistake. Absolute class centre half and been a huge miss

Diclonius
16-11-2019, 10:12 AM

He generally made a minor mistake most games (usually from roaming up the park) but these were all wiped out by the extraordinary number of times he intercepted the ball or created a chance for us. The only bad game I remember him having for us was the 1-4 at Aberdeen.

Best CB I've ever seen at Easter Road.

147lothian
16-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Efe Ambrose was different class for Hibs.

His ability to carry the ball out from the back was a massive asset in itself. If he's half the player he was last time he was here and there's any way a deal can be done then it's the proverbial no brainer.

Efe carrying the ball from the back is the point I think a number of posters are missing, its the difference between a run of the mill defender and a class act, blootering the ball up field is the easy option but it invariably gives the ball back to the opposition.

Carrying the ball out of defence is the more difficult option and its not going to work every time but its a complete asset to the team, this is why any manager worth his salt would want a defender who can do this.

Godsahibby
16-11-2019, 10:20 AM

And most of those was against GMS when we played Aberdeen. That we rat has moved on so safe for Efe to return to Pittodrie.

Eyrie
16-11-2019, 10:31 AM
He generally made a minor mistake most games (usually from roaming up the park) but these were all wiped out by the extraordinary number of times he intercepted the ball or created a chance for us. The only bad game I remember him having for us was the 1-4 at Aberdeen.

Best CB I've ever seen at Easter Road.

That's the Hibs player I remember watching.

Alex Trager
16-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Do not feed the troll

eastmainsmsh
16-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Asteras at home he was magnificent come back efe min

greenpaper55
16-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Do not feed the troll

Not allowed an opinion now eh? i still think he was gash some of the time.

Dublin07
16-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Everyone is allowed an opinion but Efe played 68 games and had 1 bad performance.
He is as good as we can ever expect on our budget. He was a joy to watch.

jax67
16-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Get Efe signed up!! What a Xmas present that would be.
Best ball playing centre back in a Hibs shirt since King Patrick.

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2019, 12:00 PM

I cannot think of 2 footballers more different than those 2. Can't see that happening.

KeithTheHibby
16-11-2019, 12:06 PM
I would be delighted if he returned. He was quality last time round.

Strange though he hasn't had a club this season.

FilipinoHibs
16-11-2019, 12:07 PM
I cannot think of 2 footballers more different than those 2. Can't see that happening.

He does remind me of Pat. They way he strides through the midfield opening up gaps and opportunties for Hibs. When both had the ball even deep Hibs were on the front foot.

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2019, 12:09 PM

He was far more consistent than any defender he played with, including Gray, Porteous, McGregor, Lewis.

Scouse Hibee
16-11-2019, 12:10 PM

I think maybe it’s you that has memory problems over Efe.

Hiber-nation
16-11-2019, 12:14 PM
I think we're fine for right sided central defenders at the moment. Have to say Efe did have 2 or 3 really poor games for us, a derby at tynie with Daz going ballistic at him and a game at Pittodrie stick in my mind. But all in all he was excellent and a real inspiration in the 2nd half of his last season.

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2019, 12:16 PM
I think we're fine for right sided central defenders at the moment. Have to say Efe did have 2 or 3 really poor games for us, a derby at tynie with Daz going ballistic at him and a game at Pittodrie stick in my mind. But all in all he was excellent and a real inspiration in the 2nd half of his last season.

Every other defender he played with at Hibs had many more bad games than him in the time he was here. He was incredible here.

we are hibs
16-11-2019, 12:22 PM

I would be quite happy for jackson/whittaker or both to go to accommodate Efe. Whether we could shift either would be a different matter

The 90+2
16-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Unlike our defenders just now who are mainly bombs scares with a lot of bit of outstanding now and again?

CockneyRebel
16-11-2019, 12:48 PM
I would be quite happy for jackson/whittaker or both to go to accommodate Efe. Whether we could shift either would be a different matter

I have a feeling that Whittaker won't be going anywhere soon.

Golden Bear
16-11-2019, 12:50 PM
I have a feeling that Whittaker won't be going anywhere soon.

I agree. He'll continue to be involved as a back up player and then possibly in a coaching capacity.

Weegreenman
16-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Not for me. A cult .NET hero it seems but I never took to him. He had his moments last season I’ll admit but then he showed us he has no love or loyalty by leaving us the way he did. Unforgivable for me.

green with envy
16-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Hope not after the disaster he had away to Kilmarnock a couple of seasons ago. Get him back as a defender and I'll be more than happy.

Centre Hawf
16-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Efe was worthy of paying to go watch a game of football. Between McGinn leaving and Efe eventually leaving some of the games we played were absolutely turgid. But I could safely say that in every game he played Efe did something that made me turn to someone I was with and just smile with that "What is he like eh?" grin.

God I miss that man so much.

Since452
16-11-2019, 02:39 PM
He was head and shoulders the best player on the park for the majority of games he played last season. Strolled it

Tom Hart RIP
16-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Efe was worthy of paying to go watch a game of football. Between McGinn leaving and Efe eventually leaving some of the games we played were absolutely turgid. But I could safely say that in every game he played Efe did something that made me turn to someone I was with and just smile with that "What is he like eh?" grin.

God I miss that man so much.

👍

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Not for me. A cult .NET hero it seems but I never took to him. He had his moments last season I’ll admit but then he showed us he has no love or loyalty by leaving us the way he did. Unforgivable for me.

Assume you dislike Scott Allan as well then?

Heckys Wheel
16-11-2019, 03:41 PM

I despair, I really do.

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2019, 03:42 PM
I despair, I really do.

Unfortunately he’s not alone. The amount of fans around me that stuck to the old “bomb scare” line was unreal. A top player at our level

Lago
16-11-2019, 03:43 PM

That could apply to any player at any club at any level, kind of silly thing to say.

Shrekko
16-11-2019, 03:49 PM
We’ve had some decent players in the last 3/4 years and Efe is right up there with the best of them.

Bombscare is absolute nonsense. He’s brave enough to take risks to drive the team forward ... he makes mistakes like any other player.

Very few defenders can carry the ball 60/70 yards as often as he does in a game. He was a joy to watch.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2019, 03:58 PM

I'm assuming you have the same opinion of Derek Riordan?

Captain Trips
16-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Did he have "bomb scare" moments? Yes he did. However in the last 6-12 months some of our defending has not been a "bomb scare" it's just been a bomb on many many occasions. No scare just goals against.

Unseen work
16-11-2019, 04:01 PM
He always gets talked about on the ball and for having some dodgy moments. But imo we actually really miss his defending. His reading of the game, ability to stand someone up and take the ball off them with ease and he also won a hell of a lot of headers from corners and crosses.

Captain Trips
16-11-2019, 04:05 PM
If Efe takes on a forward and skins him it is not his fault if some of us have a moment of fear.

The bomb scare is in the people watching not in him. Of course at times I would rather he cleared it but I am not there on pitch seeing and knowing I can skin this guy.

KeithTheHibby
16-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Don’t get how when Efe was at fault for a goal he was a Bombscare yet when any of our other defenders are culpable no such description is used. Strange that.

sambajustice
16-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Easily the best defender since Sauzee

Fuzzywuzzy
16-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Half the fun was waiting on efes moment. Once it was out his system.....solid

Since90+2
16-11-2019, 04:33 PM

Laursen?

Scott Allan Key
16-11-2019, 04:49 PM

He's not been a 'bombscare' at all. He wasn't perfect but he was consistently good for us. McPake, Murdoch were bombscares but never got labelled as such for some reason.

Captain Trips
16-11-2019, 04:56 PM
He's not been a 'bombscare' at all. He wasn't perfect but he was consistently good for us. McPake, Murdoch were bombscares but never got labelled as such for some reason.

I do not agree with McPake being a bombscare. The team was totally rotten he and any defenders had no chance at that time. McPake was one of our better players during that period.

Hillsidehibby
16-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I got fed up arguing with hibbies in the pub who don’t go regularly calling him a Bombscare.
Hibs best defender and I loved watching him.

04Sauzee
16-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Is there actually any chance he's coming to Hibs 😂

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-11-2019, 04:59 PM
We slaughter Berra for being a hoofball merchant then complain that Efe is a "bombscare" because he is a ball playing centre half that will take risks? You can hear some in the stands when he's off on an adventure. "Clear it" "get rid" type comments. The same guys then moan when we play long.

I'd wager Efe has contributed to more goals FOR us with his strolls forward than against us. He'll have his moments the same as any other player

If he's an option, get him signed yesterday

The Captain....
16-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Such a lazy cliche to call Efe a bomb scare. He makes mistakes like any defender does but had many more outstanding performances. I really do wonder what people are watching sometimes..having a player who can calmly bring the ball out from the back is a tremendous asset in this league.

Let's hope the rumour is true..would give us the option of going back to the very attacking Lennon formation that everyone loved in the second half of that season. Especially now Boyle is almost fully fit.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Smartie
16-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Efe occasionally overplayed but was rarely punished for it.

Bamba and Efe were both regularly labelled bomb scares, totally unfairly based on what they did at Hibs. They both made mistakes at previous clubs but seldom did they lead to goals. Paul Hanlon’s mistakes are regularly punished, McKenna for Scotland seems to have the same habit.

Fife-Hibee
16-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Efe occasionally overplayed but was rarely punished for it.

Bamba and Efe were both regularly labelled bomb scares, totally unfairly based on what they did at Hibs. They both made mistakes at previous clubs but seldom did they lead to goals. Paul Hanlon’s mistakes are regularly punished, McKenna for Scotland seems to have the same habit.

Generally when a defenders mistakes aren't punished, it's because they have a strong group around them that make up for their mistakes.

eastterrace
16-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Hope not after the disaster he had away to Kilmarnock a couple of seasons ago. Get him back as a defender and I'll be more than happy. yes was thru at killie that day and he was totally overrun the first half , but had a better second half when he was put back to his best position

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2019, 05:32 PM
If true we would be very fortunate to get him

The guy is just quality

OK a couple of Efe moments but always seemed to recover and get away with it ( apart from Sheep away )

Question mark over his fitness but he should never have left a club where he was respected appreciated and loved

iwasthere1972
16-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Just passed Tynecastle and saw Efe getting in Craig Leveins Range Rover on the way to Heriot Watt. :agree:

sadtom
16-11-2019, 05:49 PM
A class apart.
His composure and willingness to keep hold of the ball, singlehandedly bought us 5 to 10 minutes possession every game that he played. Very occasionally he'd get caught out but that's not 'bombscare' just a consequence of his style/bravery (can you imagine how often any other of our defenders would lose the ball if they tried it?).

We would never have lost the leads we had in recent games with him in the team. We would have kept the ball. Not just kicked it away and surrendered possession, allowing the opposition to press us back.

Its not a case of who he would replace but who would be lucky enough to play beside him. A no brainer. Bring him back...yesterday.

RoslinInstHibby
16-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Rob Jones

Togs91
16-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Just past Tynecastle and saw Efe getting in Craig Leveins Range Rover on the way to Heriot Watt. :agree:

:fishin:

dchibs
16-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Just past Tynecastle and saw Efe getting in Craig Leveins Range Rover on the way to Heriot Watt. :agree:

Mabey he just wants to compare efys medal tally with his?

Weegreenman
16-11-2019, 06:01 PM
I'm assuming you have the same opinion of Derek Riordan?

Nope! Fail to see what the comparisons are?

Kavinho
16-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Don’t get how when Efe was at fault for a goal he was a Bombscare yet when any of our other defenders are culpable no such description is used. Strange that.

Because quite often, there was an easy option, and a hard option, and rather than take the easy option, he tried the hard option, and a good proportion of those times it ended in disaster.

PH91
16-11-2019, 06:10 PM
He had his dodgy moments and every game without fail he would try to get in front of a forward with his back to goal to nick the ball, get turned and give up a chance. We lost a few goals from it, motherwell at easter road springs to mind. Used to do my head in.

He also had a few really poor games, as all players do, most notably at tynie and pittodrie.

But i can very easily forgive him due to his quality in other aspects though, particularly his ability in possession and being able to win and carry the ball up the park from the back. Would love to see him sign and play in a back 3 with porto and hanlon, with boyle and lewis wing backs. This would bring out the best in hanlon again too imo.

kinni35
16-11-2019, 06:11 PM
anyone know if there is any actual truth in this?

Is It On....
16-11-2019, 06:15 PM

David Murphy..

superfurryhibby
16-11-2019, 06:21 PM
A class apart.
His composure and willingness to keep hold of the ball, singlehandedly bought us 5 to 10 minutes possession every game that he played. Very occasionally he'd get caught out but that's not 'bombscare' just a consequence of his style/bravery (can you imagine how often any other of our defenders would lose the ball if they tried it?).

We would never have lost the leads we had in recent games with him in the team. We would have kept the ball. Not just kicked it away and surrendered possession, allowing the opposition to press us back.

Its not a case of who he would replace but who would be lucky enough to play beside him. A no brainer. Bring him back...yesterday.

This is a very good summary of why Efe was such a vital player. His willingness to go forward stretched the opposition. It's hard to counter a defender breaking through the midfield with such poise. He created so much space for others around him.

It's so easy to play safe, pass away responsibility, keep possession to no discernible effect (but it does stop the opposition from scoring|), this is why I find the modern game to be very bloody boring!

If there is a chance of getting him back then |Hibs should be taking it. You can't get enough of that kind of quality in a side.

Finally, I find it almost laughable that anyone is daft enough to castigate him for leaving as he did. It's a short career. Players loyalties are to family and personal security, and if IRC Efe was only at Hibs for family reasons to begin with.

Franck Stanton
16-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Why do people bother posting rubbish like this ?

Golden Bear
16-11-2019, 06:44 PM
This is a very good summary of why Efe was such a vital player. His willingness to go forward stretched the opposition. It's hard to counter a defender breaking through the midfield with such poise. He created so much space for others around him.

It's so easy to play safe, pass away responsibility, keep possession to no discernible effect (but it does stop the opposition from scoring|), this is why I find the modern game to be very bloody boring!

If there is a chance of getting him back then |Hibs should be taking it. You can't get enough of that kind of quality in a side.

Finally, I find it almost laughable that anyone is daft enough to castigate him for leaving as he did. It's a short career. Players loyalties are to family and personal security, and if IRC Efe was only at Hibs for family reasons to begin with.

Excellent post.

Fife-Hibee
16-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Why do people bother posting rubbish like this ?

It was obviously a joke. Most likely parodying people who are actually serious when they post rubbish like that.

Jim44
16-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Is there actually any chance he's coming to Hibs 😂

I presume these are tongue in cheek questions. It’s great to reminisce but, c’mon, pigs have never flown.

Carheenlea
16-11-2019, 06:48 PM
A couple of high profile errors for Celtic in Europe for which he earned a reputation for calamity that was completely out of proportion for his quality as a player.
It’s rare to be entertained by a defender, and we witnessed many outrageous moments of skill from Efe Ambrose and I’d love to see him back at Easter Road.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2019, 06:48 PM
I cannot let this thread go without mentioning Efe’s final appearance for the famous green and white versus Hearts at Easter Road last New Year where he successfully retained possession repelled Yam attacks got stuck in and launched attack after attack on the Hearts goal from the right back position single handedly dragging us up the park easing the pressure on our defence

I am sure I could see a tear in his eye at the end of the game

J-C
16-11-2019, 06:52 PM

No mate, I posted it after I got a message and the car pic sent to me, I asked my mate if it was legit, he said as far as he knows but not to post anything just in case. Oops too late as I'd already done that, he doesn't come on here, so he doesn't know I did 😁 Just a rumour and we'll just wait and see, if it happens great, if not no harm done as that's how rumours work.

Alex Trager
16-11-2019, 10:10 PM
No mate, I posted it after I got a message and the car pic sent to me, I asked my mate if it was legit, he said as far as he knows but not to post anything just in case. Oops too late as I'd already done that, he doesn't come on here, so he doesn't know I did [emoji16] Just a rumour and we'll just wait and see, if it happens great, if not no harm done as that's how rumours work.

[emoji1695]

Since452
16-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Hibs were excellent for Efe and he was excellent for us. Sure he realises that now. Probably the most content time in his career. Derby opportunity was one most of us would have taken don't hold it against him especially at a time Lennon had completely lost the plot

1875Sean
16-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Efe’s talent is in no doubt but I heard Lennon gave him a lot of leeway when it came to him being a professional, he was consistently being late to training and meetings, other managers wouldn’t put up with it so no surprise he isn’t with a club

147lothian
17-11-2019, 12:24 AM
Efe’s talent is in no doubt but I heard Lennon gave him a lot of leeway when it came to him being a professional, he was consistently being late to training and meetings, other managers wouldn’t put up with it so no surprise he isn’t with a club

Could well be true Alex Ferguson continued to play Roy Keane even though its said he created merry hell in the dressing room.

Since90+2
17-11-2019, 12:38 AM

Yip. Heard the same about Efe getting away with poor timekeeping under Lennon and I'm not sure it's right for the balance of the squad.

Great player, but it's a high wage and perhaps disruption in the squad at the same time.

Carheenlea
17-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Efe would be a contender to be included in an all time best Hibs line up.

Allant1981
17-11-2019, 08:10 AM

He was good but let's not get carried away

SChibs
17-11-2019, 08:34 AM
I cannot let this thread go without mentioning Efe’s final appearance for the famous green and white versus Hearts at Easter Road last New Year where he successfully retained possession repelled Yam attacks got stuck in and launched attack after attack on the Hearts goal from the right back position single handedly dragging us up the park easing the pressure on our defence

I am sure I could see a tear in his eye at the end of the game

His nutmeg on the hearts striker a few yards outside our box summed him up. Class.

Phil MaGlass
17-11-2019, 08:43 AM
A couple of high profile errors for Celtic in Europe for which he earned a reputation for calamity that was completely out of proportion for his quality as a player.
It’s rare to be entertained by a defender, and we witnessed many outrageous moments of skill from Efe Ambrose and I’d love to see him back at Easter Road.

This, I only managed to see him a few times, and every time I watched him play he was outstanding, anyone could see he has talent.
Folk slating him for leaving need tae take a close look at themselves wtf??

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 08:45 AM
His nutmeg on the hearts striker a few yards outside our box summed him up. Class.

My Man of the Match played like he knew it was his last game for HIBS

I have been one of his biggest critics on here for his Efe moments but on reflection he almost always seemed to get away with it and he was just CLASS!

04Sauzee
17-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Papers reporting Hibs and St J are interested

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4963569/efe-ambrose-celtic-hibs-st-johnstone-transfer-news-reports/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

17-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Yip. Heard the same about Efe getting away with poor timekeeping under Lennon and I'm not sure it's right for the balance of the squad.

Great player, but it's a high wage and perhaps disruption in the squad at the same time.

I think most clubs have a structure of fines in place so with Efe we could recoup a big chunk by deducting it from his salary, instead of putting it towards their Christmas night out which I think a lot of the clubs do.

FilipinoHibs
17-11-2019, 09:12 AM

What are you smoking?

FilipinoHibs
17-11-2019, 09:13 AM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4963569/efe-ambrose-celtic-hibs-st-johnstone-transfer-news-reports/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

EFE come home🤪

17-11-2019, 09:20 AM

Surely if it is between us and St Johnstone then he'd come to us.

Greenworld
17-11-2019, 09:27 AM

I am sure I could see a tear in his eye at the end of the gameHe was superb in that right back position a class player who chipped in with the odd goal .
Exactly the quality of player we are missing

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
17-11-2019, 09:48 AM
He was superb in that right back position a class player who chipped in with the odd goal .
Exactly the quality of player we are missing

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He was superb on the right of a back 3. He wasn’t superb at right back.

04Sauzee
17-11-2019, 09:51 AM
He was superb on the right of a back 3. He wasn’t superb at right back.

That's how I rember him great in a 3 not so good as a right back. In a back 3 he was great at stepping out from the back. I wonder if we went to 3 at the back where that woukd leave Naismith or Boyle?

renato
17-11-2019, 09:55 AM
I wonder if we went to 3 at the back where that woukd leave Naismith or Boyle?

Competing for the wing back role

Jim44
17-11-2019, 10:11 AM

I’m assuming this is a live story and not their reaction to reading the number plate post. :greengrin

ABZHFC
17-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Genuinely believe if he came back, we'd be top four contenders, with the right run of form

J-C
17-11-2019, 11:21 AM
I’m assuming this is a live story and not their reaction to reading the number plate post. :greengrin

As I said Jim my mate doesn't generally give BS, I just posted what I received, I jumped the gun a bit :greengrin but he's a bounce reader so probably doesn't realise. Nowt wrong with a wee rumour now and then, some are good and some not so, no matter where they come from, it's really all we have until anything is official, just look at the new manager thread, seemingly around 5 people had a chance of being our new head coach.

lyonhibs
17-11-2019, 11:25 AM

There is always room in our squad for quality like Efe. He'd offer something none of our current CBs do, the ability to commit the opposition and truly build an attack from the back.

If it's a possibility, which it may well not be, he should be getting signed up pronto.

pollution
17-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Let the new manager chose his own players and stop hankering after the past please.

wookie70
17-11-2019, 11:32 AM
He was superb on the right of a back 3. He wasn’t superb at right back. That is my view too. The hammering at Pittodrie was one of the most abject I have seen from a right back. I'd love to see him return, great centre back

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 11:38 AM
That is my view too. The hammering at Pittodrie was one of the most abject I have seen from a right back. I'd love to see him return, great centre back

Bad day at the Office

Thank god GMS has moved on to pastures new used to love a goal against the HIBS

I am sure Colin Calderwood rejected him as a laddie for being too wee

Might be wrong

:dunno:

Tom Hart RIP
17-11-2019, 11:39 AM

In 50 plus years following Hibs only Sloop and Franck (and Pat when he played in defence) would get in my team before Efe.

MWHIBBIES
17-11-2019, 11:54 AM
I think its really telling that people can remember the one really poor game Ambrose had. Aside from that he was very good at right back and excellent at centre back. Top player.

lyonhibs
17-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Let the new manager chose his own players and stop hankering after the past please.

You realise, I assume, that this whole thread started because someone passed on info they'd received that Efe was at EM in the past couple of days? Might be horse**** of course, but if he was there it's because Jack Ross asked him to come in.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Efe has used EM a number of times to keep his fitness levels up

lyonhibs
17-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Efe has used EM a number of times to keep his fitness levels up

Presumably not uninvited though?

RossScott1991
17-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Bogdan

Efe (RCB)
Porteous (CB)
Hanlon (LCB)

Boyle (RWB)
Stevenson (LWB)

Mcgeouch (CDM)
Hallberg (CM)
Allan (CM)

Doidge (ST)
Kamberi (ST)

Just imagine.....

CockneyRebel
17-11-2019, 12:23 PM
You realise, I assume, that this whole thread started because someone passed on info they'd received that Efe was at EM in the past couple of days? Might be horse**** of course, but if he was there it's because Jack Ross asked him to come in.

He is in Nigeria just now according to an interview.

The 90+2
17-11-2019, 12:25 PM
He is in Nigeria just now according to an interview.

He’s not anymore.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Presumably not uninvited though?

Assume so LH, can't see him just pitching up

cmcd
17-11-2019, 12:55 PM
In 50 plus years following Hibs only Sloop and Franck (and Pat when he played in defence) would get in my team before Efe.

How about John Madsen - John Macnamee - Jackie Macnamara

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Bogdan

Efe (RCB)
Porteous (CB)
Hanlon (LCB)

Boyle (RWB)
Stevenson (LWB)

Mcgeouch (CDM)
Hallberg (CM)
Allan (CM)

Doidge (ST)
Kamberi (ST)

Just imagine.....

Gray and Whittaker are the only two players in our squad who should be a wing-back, if any. Neither Boyle or Stevenson are suited to it at all.

J-C
17-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Gray and Whittaker are the only two players in our squad who could be a wing-back, if any. Neither Boyle or Stevenson are suited to it at all.

Except when we nearly got 2nd under Lennon when Boyle played wingback due to Gray's injury and Stevenson the other wingback.

Allant1981
17-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Gray and Whittaker are the only two players in our squad who should be a wing-back, if any. Neither Boyle or Stevenson are suited to it at all.

Boyle played well at wing back previously

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Except when we nearly got 2nd under Lennon when Boyle played wingback due to Gray's injury and Stevenson the other wingback.

Shall we get Lennon back as well then?

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Boyle played well at wing back previously

Boyle's a quality attacking player and not a great tackler, for me it's madness to compromise his attacking play by asking him to defend. Same for Lewis, he's a solid defender and not a great attacking player, asking him to compromise his defending to get forward more often doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

MrRobot
17-11-2019, 01:19 PM

Stevenson is perfectly suited to a wing back role.

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:22 PM

He rarely beats a player and his crossing is pretty poor. He's best suited to being at left back with a left footed, left mid in front of him. He might be alright at wing back if he had a decent left mid in front of him, but if you've got three central midfielders in midfield and you're really relying on the wing backs to attack then we're pretty limited on the left side.

Since90+2
17-11-2019, 01:22 PM

I don't agree with that.Generally he's pretty solid defensively but he doesn't offer enough going forward to play as a wing back.

Speedway
17-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Do you think he could lure him?

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Do you think he could lure him?

He'll be unemployed by Christmas if you believe a few posters on here, so who knows?

1van Sprou7e
17-11-2019, 01:44 PM

Sorry but Boyle and Stevenson are a million times more suited to that role than Whittaker at this point

Whittaker is a smart versatile player, but he cannae run

Marvellous
17-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Sorry but Boyle and Stevenson are a million times more suited to that role than Whittaker at this point

Whittaker is a smart versatile player, but he cannae run

I wouldn't have any of them at wing back ideally.

Tom Hart RIP
17-11-2019, 02:13 PM
How about John Madsen - John Macnamee - Jackie Macnamara

Never saw John Mcnamee but remember the other two. Both very good players, especially Jackie but I would say Efe at least as good.

Iggy Pope
17-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Never saw John Mcnamee but remember the other two. Both very good players, especially Jackie but I would say Efe at least as good.

This is where we miss Doddie, John McNamee was a big favourite of his. Where is Doddie?

J-C
17-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Eh? What has he got to do with Boyle or Stevenson playing wingback.

The fact that we had our best spell of football in many a year when we nearly got 2nd spot was playing 3-5-2 with Boyle and Stevenson as wingbacks, shows me that the 2 of them are perfectly suited to the position.

HibbyAndy
17-11-2019, 02:55 PM
This is where we miss Doddie, John McNamee was a big favourite of his. Where is Doddie?

Where is Doddie ?

Jonnyboy
17-11-2019, 03:22 PM

I miss Doddie as we were often on the same wavelength. He waxed lyrical about big John McNamee and I was always happy to agree as big John was one of my earliest heroes at ER

BegbieHSC
17-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Announce Efe and exuberance!

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Love Efe to bits but in my book nowhere near the class of Sloop, King Paddy and Jackie Mac

John Madsen and Big Bad John were a different type of player tough physical and uncompromising

Sorry Efe!

Who is Doddie?

My old man
17-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Bogdan

Efe (RCB)
Porteous (CB)
Hanlon (LCB)

Boyle (RWB)
Stevenson (LWB)

Mcgeouch (CDM)
Hallberg (CM)
Allan (CM)

Doidge (ST)
Kamberi (ST)

Just imagine.....

mmmmm we can but dream eh🤞🤞
GGTTH

Iggy Pope
17-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Love Efe to bits but in my book nowhere near the class of Sloop, King Paddy and Jackie Mac

John Madsen and Big Bad John were a different type of player tough physical and uncompromising

Sorry Efe!

Who is Doddie?

You’ve crammed a lot of posts into your short time on here then Billy as I didn’t think Doddie posts were all that long ago in appearing. Doddie was a regular poster of a certain vintage, very much of the era you speak of, loved the Tornadoes, hated Joe Harper with a loathing and often interjected into depressing threads with reminders of happier times, even if he was a bit selective! His avatar as far as I can recall was the cola drinking Polar bear (Frothy, man!’) but he disappeared from view a while back. It’s most noticeable to me whenever the names McNamee or Harper are raised.....

PS. He did also refer to the man as ‘Big Bad John’ by the way.....

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 04:11 PM
You’ve crammed a lot of posts into your short time on here then Billy as I didn’t think Doddie posts were all that long ago in appearing. Doddie was a regular poster of a certain vintage, very much of the era you speak of, loved the Tornadoes, hated Joe Harper with a loathing and often interjected into depressing threads with reminders of happier times, even if he was a bit selective! His avatar as far as I can recall was the cola drinking Polar bear (Frothy, man!’) but he disappeared from view a while back. It’s most noticeable to me whenever the names McNamee or Harper are raised.....

PS. He did also refer to the man as ‘Big Bad John’ by the way.....
I presumed he was a fellow poster

Sounds like a man after my own heart

Doddie where are you?

Iggy Pope
17-11-2019, 04:13 PM

Doddle where are you?

You wouldn’t have disagreed on much.

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 04:20 PM

Doddie where are you?

You wouldn’t have disagreed on much.

Dunno I quite liked Wee Fat Joe I thought he was a very good player once he lost a few stane just a shame Tom Hart wanted his dough back rapido and split up an excellent side but that is a story for another thread

Iggy Pope
17-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Dunno I quite liked Wee Fat Joe I thought he was a very good player once he lost a few stane just a shame Tom Hart wanted his dough back rapido and split up an excellent side but that is a story for another thread

I liked him too. Doddie didnae.

Lago
17-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Cracking goal at ER against Liverpool. 👍

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Cracking goal at ER against Liverpool. 👍

Aye cracking weather tae goat a soaking in the old North Enclosure

Keegan wants his Mammy Keegan wants his Mammy

Remember it well

May21/05/16
17-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Alan gordon and jimmy o'Rourke were far better players than joe Harper the biggest mistake ned made at hibs his team was the best team I seen play great times

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
17-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Alan gordon and jimmy o'Rourke were far better players than joe Harper the biggest mistake ned made at hibs his team was the best team I seen play great times

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Harpers record was unbelievable though, even at Hibs he scored plenty. He almost got more career league goals than Gordon and O'Rourke combined. Not really sure they were far better players at all.