PDA

View Full Version : A View from the Terrace Tonight - Lewis

duncs
15-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Duncan from A View From The Terrace here.

Lewis Stevenson is a guest on tonight's show, 11pm on BBC Scotland channel (2am on BBC1 Scotland) and on the iPlayer soon after.

Clip of him on the show here: https://twitter.com/BBCScotland/status/1195366453672906753

Cheers.

DM

Hibby Gav
15-11-2019, 04:00 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCScotland/status/1195366453672906753

Lewis talking about THAT day tonight at 11pm BBC Scotland :thumbsup::flag:

ggtth

Vault Boy
15-11-2019, 04:07 PM
How good is that.

- do you remember anything the fans said to you when they were on the pitch?

LS: 'I think one of them said to me 'I used to think you were pish''

😂

Green Badger
15-11-2019, 04:19 PM
"I totally understand the exuberance of the fans" :greengrin

bingo70
15-11-2019, 04:21 PM
How good is that.

- do you remember anything the fans said to you when they were on the pitch?

LS: 'I think one of them said to me 'I used to think you were pish''

😂

Brilliant.

Onceinawhile
15-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Lewis Stevenson is a guest on tonight's show, 11pm on BBC Scotland channel (2am on BBC1 Scotland) and on the iPlayer soon after.

Clip of him on the show here: https://twitter.com/BBCScotland/status/1195366453672906753

Cheers.

DM

Will have it on record for watching tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Editorial question - can we please have hyyts on doing T.H.I.S.T.L.E every week please?

duncs
15-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Will have it on record for watching tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Editorial question - can we please have hyyts on doing T.H.I.S.T.L.E every week please?

If it were up to me, yes, absolutely!

allmodcons
15-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Complete Legend.

Joe6-2
15-11-2019, 05:17 PM
"I totally understand the exuberance of the fans" :greengrin

Everyone does, especially any football fan, apart from the the’s and Glasgow press

04Sauzee
15-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Love him to bits

Jones28
15-11-2019, 09:31 PM
A living legend

15-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Lewis on now.

Gmack7
15-11-2019, 11:41 PM
that was a good watch

Vault Boy
15-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Loved that. What an absolute gem of a guy Lewis is. He had to hold back the tears just talking about it, legend.

That was some laugh too, cracked up when he was talking about Conrad Logan.

O'Rourke3
16-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Great stuff from Lewis

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mango Man
16-11-2019, 12:04 AM
They guy is an absolute gem, couldn't love him more and would want him at Hibs way beyond his playing career, the guy is the ultimate pro.

hibee_girl
16-11-2019, 12:18 AM
We’re so lucky he’s ours 💚

lord bunberry
16-11-2019, 12:28 AM
We’re so lucky he’s ours 💚
Agreed. He’s probably the last of an ever decreasing breed of footballers that spend their entire career at one club. He must never ever be allowed to leave.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2019, 01:42 AM
Typical Lewis, he said watching the game back he saw things he did wrong ... the more I watch that game the more things I see Lewis do right, he was a big part of that win and contributed massively to it. Whatever folk think of him as a player his professionalism and attitude are beyond question ... a wee legend and always will be at this club.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2019, 04:28 AM
Is it available to watch now anywhere?

FastEddieFelson
16-11-2019, 05:07 AM
Is it available to watch now anywhere?

It'll be on iplayer either today or tomorrow

Fife-Hibee
16-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Still can't believe there have been fans who have wanted him out over the years and still do. The man is a masterclass of professionalism. Sure, he can be frustrating to watch when the whole team are mince. But he's always kept his head down, got on with it and stuck through it all of these years.

Hibs most successful player in modern times and rightfully so.

007 Mickey Weir
16-11-2019, 08:11 AM
It’s a good programme that really mixes chat about all the leaves not just the Premiership. Produced by a big Hibs fan.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2019, 08:37 AM
I haven't watched it yet but I would just like to echo the sentiments about Lewis Stevenson.

Sure he's got limitations as a player and we could possibly find someone better, in an attacking sense at least.

But he brings more than just a solid performance on a Saturday. I've met him a couple of times at club functions and you honestly could not wish to meet a nicer person. He's just such a humble, down to earth guy who has time for anyone who wants to talk to him. The way he conducts himself both on and off the pitch is a credit to himself, the club and his family.

It will be a very sad day when he does finally leave the club. He is a living legend and I'm so happy it's him who became the first Hibs player to win both domestic cups.

I just can't speak highly enough of him.

WellingtonHibby
16-11-2019, 08:44 AM
If it were up to me, yes, absolutely!

Thought your Albion Rovers man came in a strong third in the Last Minute charts. Admiral Fallow first, obviously

bigwheel
16-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Just watched it....I’d encourage anyone to do so...it seems like it is the first time he has really reflected back on the day itself...seems to genuinely get a little emotional..its funny too...wonderful bit of TV...and I don’t think I’ll ever respect a modern day Hibs player more than Lewis...absolute privilege to have him at the club....huge respect..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
16-11-2019, 08:56 AM
I’ve never really listened to Mitchell’s BBC commentary of us lifting the cup / the game ending ( always been sky) and never realised how bitter it is. He’s reeling of all the derogatory time references. Not exactly an iconic piece of work.

JimBHibees
16-11-2019, 09:34 AM
I’ve never really listened to Mitchell’s BBC commentary of us lifting the cup / the game ending ( always been sky) and never realised how bitter it is. He’s reeling of all the derogatory time references. Not exactly an iconic piece of work.

Was it not Liam McLeod ?

KSA Hibee
16-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Sorry if not obvious but it’s on the Scotland channel on BBCiplayer ... a great watch and listening to Lewis makes it even better.

Its been said so many times by so many others on here but he really is a Hibs legend.

Not In The Know
16-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Was it not Liam McLeod ?

might be. Same thoughts apply tho.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Was it not Liam McLeod ?

Yes. Takes great delight in making reference to the 2012 final.

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2019, 09:56 AM
might be. Same thoughts apply tho.

I had it recorded on my old sky box and watched it a fair few times - his commentary is as good as the guys on sky. Andy Walker spoiled it for me.

Good section last night - good programme overall. Even with the number of hearts faces on screen. :aok:

Just_Jimmy
16-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Apart from the Lewis part, that show is utter dross.

I've never seen it before but do people actually watch that?

Makes off the ball seem funny.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

bigwheel
16-11-2019, 11:06 AM

Disagree actually...had not watched it for a while...but I thought some of the stuff they did was funny and also interesting.....

Would tune in again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
16-11-2019, 11:07 AM

I actually like the show as it’s not just about the Old Firm or the premiership. It’s lighthearted bit of banter about Scottish football

Just_Jimmy
16-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Disagree actually...had not watched it for a while...but I thought some of the stuff they did was funny and also interesting.....

Would tune in again

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkNo worries. It's my opinion same as it's yours.

There were a few bits of actual quick witted banter that I thought were decent. I just hate that scripted group of mates "banter" feel it had.

It felt when Lewis was on that they loosened up and relaxed a bit and it became more genuine.

It's got potential but for me it's really not good.

Each to their own though. [emoji106]

The Harp Awakes
16-11-2019, 11:10 AM

I like the show. Gives coverage to the smaller teams rather than the usual media obcession with Celtic/Rangers.

Just_Jimmy
16-11-2019, 11:10 AM
I actually like the show as it’s not just about the Old Firm or the premiership. It’s lighthearted bit of banter about Scottish footballLike I say above, no worries.

The bit with Lewis was good. It was good to get a light hearted but genuine interview that wasn't all the standard sound bites. So fair play on that.

JohnM1875
16-11-2019, 12:00 PM
First time id seen it. The Lewis bit was phenomenal. Quite enjoyed it in general.

But I hate the way Scottish folk speak on programmes like this. Always sounds so fake and scripted cause they overenunciate everything. Just speak normally and it would be so much better.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Watched the Lewis bit. Decent watch and you can see what Hibs mean to him.

My biggest issue with the show itself is there are just too many presenters involved for both the format and length of show. It's all over the place and there's no real leader. Lose 2 or 3 people and it would benefit hugely.

jacomo
16-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Cheers.

DM

Love his happy wee face when reminiscing about that weekend.

And this, talking about the pitch invasion: “I totally understand the exuberance of the fans. If I’d have been in the stands I’d have done the same thing.”

hibee_girl
16-11-2019, 12:23 PM
I actually like the show as it’s not just about the Old Firm or the premiership. It’s lighthearted bit of banter about Scottish football

:agree:

I watch it most weeks and enjoy it. It’s just a bit of fun, doesn’t take itself or football too seriously and like you say it’s not all about the old firm.

It’s 100% better than what we usually get!

HibeeHibernian4
16-11-2019, 12:28 PM
This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but Lewis Stevenson was...bad that day.

His woeful marking at a corner should've seen Rangers in front, but Kenny Miller inexplicably hit the bar with a free header.

He's even got his head in hands as Miller heads it.

He also pushed Waghorn over in the box early in the second half, which could've easily seen Rangers 2-1 up again.

Again, all the usual caveats of "yes well he tried really hard", but Stevenson's played about two or three hundred better games for Hibs than he played that day.

Glad to see Lewis agrees with my (at the time) unpopular assessment of his performance that day. :greengrin

Anyway, what more can you say about the guy than what's been put in here? Absolutely fantastic person who deserves the very best in life.

Onceinawhile
16-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Watched the Lewis bit. Decent watch and you can see what Hibs mean to him.

My biggest issue with the show itself is there are just too many presenters involved for both the format and length of show. It's all over the place and there's no real leader. Lose 2 or 3 people and it would benefit hugely.

I disagree. Telfer is the main presenter, the other 3 are mostly just jobbers.

FilipinoHibs
16-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Still can't believe there have been fans who have wanted him out over the years and still do. The man is a masterclass of professionalism. Sure, he can be frustrating to watch when the whole team are mince. But he's always kept his head down, got on with it and stuck through it all of these years.

Hibs most successful player in modern times and rightfully so.

Used to hate threads on here and lots of boo boys at the games.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Dont make a point of watching it, but I've seen it a number of times and usually enjoy it ... keeps the OF dross to a minimum and I dont think it should be judged as if it was supposed to be a comedy show.

I enjoyed the wee bit about the folk who follow Raith Rovers a lot.

bigwheel
16-11-2019, 01:54 PM
No worries. It's my opinion same as it's yours.

There were a few bits of actual quick witted banter that I thought were decent. I just hate that scripted group of mates "banter" feel it had.

It felt when Lewis was on that they loosened up and relaxed a bit and it became more genuine.

It's got potential but for me it's really not good.

Each to their own though. [emoji106]

Very true buddy [emoji106][emoji106]

Hiber-nation
16-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Agree. It's awful. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I might appreciate it 😂

easty
16-11-2019, 02:03 PM
I got a selfie with Lewis on the pitch at hampden. The guys a legend.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Agree. It's awful. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I might appreciate it 😂

I like it and I'm 60 in February ... age isnt a number, its a state of mind mate :greengrin

LancashireHibby
16-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Just caught up with it. Great segment and brings the memories flooding back. Can’t stop smiling now. A refreshing change to see a player interviewed in that sort of context and cutting loose a little bit.

Malthibby
16-11-2019, 07:44 PM
I like it and I'm 60 in February ... age isnt a number, its a state of mind mate :greengrin

I've just turned 60 & I watch it every week, but it's my mind that's a state.
Body's not up to much either, mind.
Lewis was just Lewis; just a seriously good guy.
GG

Heckys Wheel
16-11-2019, 07:56 PM
I like the show. Gives coverage to the smaller teams rather than the usual media obcession with Celtic/Rangers.

Probably an unpopular opinion but unless you’re a regular reader of the Daily Record or The Sun I don’t think there’s an obsession around the old firm any more.

However, I’ve equally as little interest in hearing about Stenhousemuir and Cove Rangers as I do hearing about Celtic and The Rangers. In fact, you’re more likely to hear references about Hibs talking about the ugly sisters than you are talking about smaller teams.

Jones28
16-11-2019, 09:36 PM

His commentary for the goal is my favourite ever piece of commentary

JXM73
16-11-2019, 09:58 PM
What an utter **** programme view from is, saved only by lewis' appearance....

Keyser Sauzee
16-11-2019, 10:21 PM
First time I’ve watched it, liked the segment with Lewis and think it has potential to be good but felt it was still a bit amateurish.

Mcpakeisgod
16-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Anyone got any advice for someone outside the uk looking to watch it ?

Sir David Gray
16-11-2019, 10:32 PM
anyone got any advice for someone outside the uk looking to watch it ?

vpn.

Greentinted
17-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Great wee segment but was Joel Sked doing a ‘pantomime villain’ or is he really that much of a prick?

Gaffer1875
17-11-2019, 06:53 AM
I get the whole Movember thing big my god that tash is horrendous on that boy Craig [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveF
17-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Well I won't be watching that again. Tried too hard to be zany and it just didn't work for me. And Joel Sked? Hearts fan aside he just isn't funny.

LancashireHibby
17-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Great wee segment but was Joel Sked doing a ‘pantomime villain’ or is he really that much of a prick?
Very much pantomime villain. He reports on Hibs quite a bit for EEN and you wouldn’t even notice he’s a Jambo.

Heisenberg
17-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Yeah the shows not really for me either. Good segment with Lewis though.

CMurdoch
17-11-2019, 01:14 PM
I get the whole Movember thing big my god that tash is horrendous on that boy Craig [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be even worse. Had a beard as well.
Looked like a kid dressed up as Santa. Will be a virgin forever if he doesn't get his **** together on the barnet front.
He is annoying but the rest of the guys are pretty good and I love the films like this weeks one about the Raith Rovers supporters. The chat about the leagues below the top league is also very interesting.
Those things make it a weekly watch for me and i rate it better than Off The Ball which goes on for too long.

Mango Man
17-11-2019, 01:28 PM
I think it's a cracking wee show, sure it has an amateurish vibe to it, but they are a bunch of mates who started a podcast together years ago, so I presume it's their first time doing the TV thing, so can cut them a bit of slack.

I love the lack of Old Firm chat.

Broken Gnome
17-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Can see how folk don't take to it or the people on it, doesn't all work but it's got enough decent moments for an hour of telly.

Craig Telfer's alright as a host and pretty funny, but its main problem is the two Evening News guys talk like they were reciting one of their articles. It comes across as way too scripted even though it's trying to be a spontaneous blether.

The Lewis bit needed at least one of the Hearts presenters to take the hump as well or it wouldn't have been as entertaining.

I've seen far too many smug tweets off the social media Jambo in the past though for him to deserve any Hibby's time, mind you.

WeeRussell
17-11-2019, 11:25 PM
Well I won't be watching that again. Tried too hard to be zany and it just didn't work for me. And Joel Sked? Hearts fan aside he just isn't funny.

Yep. I really do consider myself not one of those that take a disliking to people just because they are jambos.. but both him and the curly haired boy mean I can’t last the programme out.

Other two boys seem okay.

BILLYHIBS
18-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Yep. I really do consider myself not one of those that take a disliking to people just because they are jambos.. but both him and the curly haired boy mean I can’t last the programme out.

Other two boys seem okay.

This!

Couple of Desmonds if ever I saw one

We should have their faces as a wee emoji to signify a yam!

KWJ
18-11-2019, 01:02 PM
I like it, think it's a refreshing take on Scottish football by guys that love it for the same reasons that I do.

It doesn't get everything right but there's plenty to enjoy. The social media stuff obviously has ups and downs depending on what's been posted but it can be bloody brilliant.

The wee segments are great too and it's where all my lower league knowledge comes from now as I'm not playing a lower league FM save.

Barman Stanton
18-11-2019, 01:14 PM
I really liked the show in general. A lot more informal than the usual football programs. Felt very Scottish if that makes sense. The segments reminded me a bit of the old Saint and Greavsie days.

Not for everyone clearly, but we dont half have some miserable bassa's in our support.

Steve20
18-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Lewis was decent. That show and the podcast they have are not.

Far too many Jambos on them. Craig Fowler is ok and usually has a well balanced opinion, but Joel Sked and espcially Robert Borthwick are both unbearable.

Mcpakeisgod
18-11-2019, 01:51 PM
I don’t have VPN sorry, any other suggestions ?