PDA

View Full Version : Jorome Slew

Unseen work
14-11-2019, 11:19 AM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18036430.hibs-scout-non-league-striker-jorome-slew-scores-fa-cup-goal-round-maldon-win-leyton-orient/

Maybe it wasn’t just Hecky wanting the lower league English players :greengrin

Vault Boy
14-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Good goal that, similar to Malonga vs Aberdeen in the cup.

Peevemor
14-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Does anyone else get the impression that our recruitment team prioritises people whose names aren't quite spelled properly.

Jorome WTF? Doidge - there's an extra 'i' isn't there?. Horgan - where did that 'r' come from?

BlackSheep
14-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Jamie Vardy... enough said.

Fuzzywuzzy
14-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Article mentioned Tommy block. How's he getting on?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Worth imparting what I gleaned from sitting at a table with Tommy and Lewis Allan at the Hibs.netsponsors evening. Lewis firstly despite knowing that he was on his way spoke highly of the club and reassure Tommy that the move for the development team away from league to playing against selected teams was a good move.

Tommy is a quiet but articulate, humble guy. He drove from Bognor in iirc Vauxhall Nova or a Micra. He’s a determined lad. Had been cut earlier (from Brighton iirc) but he knew he was determined to make it as a footballer despite the setback. I wish the world for the lad he’s made a bold move and difficult one it would have been easier to stay closer to home for a young lad but his inner belief and passion for the game will I Hope stand him in good stead. Must have been a bit disorientating to arrive get in the squad pretty much for the next game and then see Lenny disappear.

Fuzzywuzzy
14-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Worth imparting what I gleaned from sitting at a table with Tommy and Lewis Allan at the Hibs.netsponsors evening. Lewis firstly despite knowing that he was on his way spoke highly of the club and reassure Tommy that the move for the development team away from league to playing against selected teams was a good move.

Tommy is a quiet but articulate, humble guy. He drove from Bognor in iirc Vauxhall Nova or a Micra. He’s a determined lad. Had been cut earlier (from Brighton iirc) but he knew he was determined to make it as a footballer despite the setback. I wish the world for the lad he’s made a bold move and difficult one it would have been easier to stay closer to home for a young lad but his inner belief and passion for the game will I Hope stand him in good stead. Must have been a bit disorientating to arrive get in the squad pretty much for the next game and then see Lenny disappear.

Cheers for that. You kind of hope the lad will make it

Is It On....
14-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Ian Wright, and our very own King Ivan 🙂

iwasthere1972
14-11-2019, 09:34 PM

There will be a hundred duffers for every good one. We've had a fair share of the duffers.

The 90+2
14-11-2019, 10:06 PM
There will be a hundred duffers for every good one. We've had a fair share of the duffers.

I can’t think of that many players we have signed non-league. Clayton Donaldson I think maybe?

Michael
14-11-2019, 10:07 PM
I can’t think of that many players we have signed non-league. Clayton Donaldson I think maybe?

The guy that took cocaine, can't remember this name.

oneone73
14-11-2019, 10:08 PM
The guy that took cocaine, can't remember this name.

Jamie Insall

The 90+2
14-11-2019, 10:20 PM
Jamie Insall

Oh aye, won the pen to knock Killie out of Europe this year.

Forza Fred
16-11-2019, 01:19 AM
On the subject of resilience, And youngsters following their dream, former Liverpool star Craig Johnstone must come up trumps.

He tells the story of arriving at Middlesbrough From Australia as a kid for trials.

Then Manager Jackie Charlton came into the dressing room at half time and told him he was the worst player he had seen and to F off now.

Johnstone left the ground but didn’t know how to get back to his digs and eventually found them hours later.

He lived in a shed for over a year and earned money by cleaning Graham Souness’s (and other players) cars.

He persevered though, and eventually scored in an FA Cup final

He says himself he was not a great player with natural talent, but one determined to follow his dream, and that he practised, practised, and practised some more until he did.