PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi and Heckingbottom

Diclonius
11-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Kamberi absolutely laying into Heckingbottom's treatment of him and tactical approach in this interview (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/i-was-really-not-happy-how-i-got-treated-hibs-florian-kamberi-opens-relationship-paul-heckingbottom-921416?fbclid=IwAR0ilt7OQBUYpcUbn-UolywmcbS1HzMOPnFc-PNc4MznwydbQE4qBMjR9qw).

Stuart93
11-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Kamberi absolutely laying into Heckingbottom's treatment of him and tactical approach in this interview (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/i-was-really-not-happy-how-i-got-treated-hibs-florian-kamberi-opens-relationship-paul-heckingbottom-921416?fbclid=IwAR0ilt7OQBUYpcUbn-UolywmcbS1HzMOPnFc-PNc4MznwydbQE4qBMjR9qw).

I wonder what manager he would get along with? Seems he didn’t get on with his coach at grasshoppers, Lennon and now Heckingbottom.

Andy74
11-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Kamberi does seem to find it difficult to get on with his managers.

Lago
11-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Interesting

Allant1981
11-11-2019, 04:13 PM
3rd club, 3rd manager kamberi doesnt get on with

bigwheel
11-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Wonder if he ever reflects on his role in these failed manager relationships ?

HAZ2000
11-11-2019, 04:15 PM
I like Kamberi but he does seem to be a bit of a tit

snedzuk
11-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Think he enjoys two up front....

"Two up front is the way forward. Everybody asks me what I prefer and of course it’s two up front. Hibs should be an attacking team. We don’t want to defend, we want to attack all the time, and I think Saturday showed that two up front is a very good solution for the team."

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2019, 04:18 PM
I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell Kamberi that nobody plays 2 up front these days.:greengrin

Smartie
11-11-2019, 04:18 PM

Yes, he's making a bit of a habit of it.

Not a great thing to have a track record for if you see yourself playing at a higher level and need to impress future managers enough to make them want to look in a bit more detail at your past record.

Wilson
11-11-2019, 04:20 PM
He doesn't say too much wrong. He trains hard whether he is in the team or not. He'll try his best if he plays up front himself. He acknowledges the manager's right to make the call.

He just seems to need more 'managing' than some players. He wants to be playing. Probably believes he should be playing every week - and if he isn't he needs to be clear on what he has to do to get back in the team.

He is a talent and it is good to see him playing with a smile on his face again.

worcesterhibby
11-11-2019, 04:21 PM
I imagine almost all footballers think like this, just most of them don't say it to the press. Flo was getting dropped because he is pretty poor in a team that plays one up front. All his best performances generally come in a two man attack. Plus Heck obviously wanted "His Man" Doidge to succeed and so was less likely to drop him. As it was that failed too. Flo has a big ego I think (I'm guessing as I've never met him and just going on his public statements) which to be honest is a good thing in a footballer on the whole, so he protects his ego by making it the managers fault not his when he is dropped. Let's just hope the new manager gets the team playing like they did on Saturday most weeks, then he'll have no reason to drop him and Flo will be a happy bunny.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm sure Kamberi will have spoken out with the full backing of the club. It's no coincidence that this appears after Heckingbottom was sacked.

Kamberi was treated poorly by Lennon and that was widely acknowledged on here?

Heck clearly didn't rate or trust Kamberi to do the business on field, hence playing an out of form Doidge before him and the bizarre 2 minute cameo appearances etc, etc.

Nothing of concern in the interview. It's no surprise that he felt hard done to, players who are dropped and deployed strangely often do.

Who knows what happened at Grasshoppers, but I wouldn't be getting concerned about Kamberi and attitude on the basis of an interview with the Evening News or with his dissatisfaction with Lennon (has he ever said anything negative about Lennon anyway).

ben johnson
11-11-2019, 04:38 PM
A few players who started on Saturday seemed to relish the absence of PH. Watching Naismith you would think we had signed a new defender.
A great away day and we should be hopeful that we can carry on in this manner.

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Thank god we have a happy Kamberi and a punted Hecky.

CapitalGreen
11-11-2019, 04:39 PM

It is also the 2nd manager who has tried to play him as a lone striker when it is clear to all and sundry that he (and the team) excel when he plays with a partner. Kamberi likes to run the channels and drag defenders out wide, that’s his game - it is ineffectual when you don’t have somebody supporting him ready to take advantage of the space and opportunities created.

Both Lennon and Heckingbottom had their best periods with us when they played Kamberi in a front 2 with McLaren and McNulty respectively.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Hecky will probably come back with something along the lines of how Kamberi begged to be sold in the summer.

Torto7
11-11-2019, 04:50 PM
He's pretty much repeating what most of us feel. Hibs don't suit dour no frills football. If we get beat we get beat but we should always strive to attack. I'm a big believer in clubs having DNAs, fans most of the time get a sense when something fits and also when it doesn't.

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Do you agree or disagree with the points he was makng?

Brightside
11-11-2019, 04:52 PM
He doesn't say too much wrong. He trains hard whether he is in the team or not. He'll try his best if he plays up front himself. He acknowledges the manager's right to make the call.

He just seems to need more 'managing' than some players. He wants to be playing. Probably believes he should be playing every week - and if he isn't he needs to be clear on what he has to do to get back in the team.

He is a talent and it is good to see him playing with a smile on his face again.

He needs to stop complaining to the press.

DTS
11-11-2019, 04:57 PM

If he’s being interviewed and gets asked a question would you rather he just said , “no I was happy sitting on the bench for a team that couldn’t hit a barn door and when I played I was either on the wing or up front myself where I don’t thrive”

superfurryhibby

Do you think he gave that interview without running it by the people that matter at Hibs?

bigwheel

I disagree that he is making any of these points...get head down and work hard on his consistency. that’s what I want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
11-11-2019, 04:58 PM
I'm sure Kamberi will have spoken out with the full backing of the club. It's no coincidence that this appears after Heckingbottom was sacked.

Heck clearly didn't rate or trust Kamberi to do the business on field, hence playing an out of form Doidge before him and the bizarre 2 minute cameo appearances etc, etc.

Nothing of concern in the interview. It's no surprise that he felt hard done to, players who are dropped and deployed strangely often do.

Who knows what happened at Grasshoppers, but I wouldn't be getting concerned about Kamberi and attitude on the basis of an interview with the Evening News or with his dissatisfaction with Lennon (has he ever said anything negative about Lennon anyway).

Careful with the sensible measured post. This thread is for assuming our player is a tosser.

Saint Hibee
11-11-2019, 05:01 PM
He’s not complaining about getting dropped, he’s complaining about not being communicated any reason for being dropped. Seems a totally reasonable complaint to me.

MyJo
11-11-2019, 05:01 PM
I don't see much wrong with what he said in that interview, bearing in mind English isn't his first language.

He's basically saying he was frustrated at not being picked more often despite working hard in training and playing well when he came on as a sub. The kind of thing that's been said a million times by players who feel they should be starting games and aren't. Nothing controversial.

I think he had butted heads with managers because he has a bit of an ego and needs it massaged to get the best out of him. Lennon will have done that when things were good and we were winning but when it was all going wrong he went to the opposite end of the scale and shot Flo's confidence to pieces.

Heckingbottom seems focused on the technical aspects of coaching but not the best at actual man management and dealing with player's personalities meaning guys like Flo that need an arm around the shoulder and praise or encouragement aren't getting it.

CloudSquall
11-11-2019, 05:02 PM
""Absolutely. Two up front is the way forward. Everybody asks me what I prefer and of course it’s two up front. Hibs should be an attacking team. We don’t want to defend, we want to attack all the time, and I think Saturday showed that two up front is a very good solution for the team.""

Orgasmic reading material.

Jim44
I don’t go along with the inferences here that Kamberi was the catalyst in poor relationships with managers. PH and NL were poor man managers IMHO, PH was clearly blinkered in his insistence that a lone striker was the way to start a match. Saturday knocked that notion on it’s back. I also think that NL tended to bully players. PH and NL are no longer with us, Kamberi is, so I say give Kamberi full support and let him make his contribution now and when the new guy comes in. To the anti Kamberi lobby, I would say that, if Kamberi and the new manager don’t hit it off, there might be more conclusive evidence that he is hard work for managers but, in the meantime, give him some slack. The club and the players need a bit of harmony in the next couple of weeks.

superfurryhibby
Careful with the sensible measured post. This thread is for assuming our player is a tosser.

Aye, you could easily make the mistaken assumption that people love getting all drama queen at the drop of hat on here :wink:

Allant1981
11-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Yes I agree with some of them and disagree with some of them, should we play 2 up front every game? Personally I dont think so, there are games where we cant and shouldnt play 2 up front, but according to kamberi we should be playing it all the time, was he spoken to by the manager, absolutely no idea, and we will never know exactly what happened behind the scenes, do I think he should be coming out and blabbing, absolutely not, what happens if the next manager wants to play 1 up front, does kamberi take the huff again and start moaning and having wee digs on his Instagram because he isnt getting a game. I would like him to get the head down and build on Saturdays good performance

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 05:06 PM
I don’t go along with the inferences here that Kamberi was the catalyst in poor relationships with managers. PH and NL were poor man managers IMHO, PH was clearly blinkered in his insistence that a lone striker was the way to start a match. Saturday knocked that notion on it’s back. I also think that NL tended to bully players. PH and NL are no longer with us, Kamberi is, so I say give Kamberi full support and let him make his contribution now and when the new guy comes in. To the anti Kamberi lobby, I would say that, if Kamberi and the new manager don’t hit it off, there might be more conclusive evidence that he is hard work for managers but, in the meantime, give him some slack. The club and the players need a bit of harmony in the next couple of weeks.

Kamberi seemed to get along perfectly well with Lennon during his loan spell, he even went on to say Lennon was one of the main factors in him wanting to join us permanently, as soon as he had a dip in form and he got a bit of criticsm he goes in the huff.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Kamberi seemed to get along perfectly well with Lennon during his loan spell, he even went on to say Lennon was one of the main factors in him wanting to join us permanently, as soon as he had a dip in form and he got a bit of criticsm he goes in the huff.

It was hardly a bit of criticism, Lennon slaughtered him. Ironic, really as Lennon was the man threatening to quit the club due to lack of ambition or whatever he was spitting the dummy oot about.:confused:

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Or you could say as soon as Lennon stopped going two up top beginning at Tynie and then completely lost the plot before clearly, ripped Kamberi publicly and was wanting out the club he fell out with a number of players.

Andy74
11-11-2019, 05:21 PM

Lennon continues to be a top manager and he has poor management skills and is a bully? Is that likely?

The 'treatment' of Kamberi has grown a few arms and legs. He was criticised when he wasn't playing well. We don't know much more than that.

Kamberi can be a fantastic player which I'm sure is why managers want more from him than he often gives.

Jim44
11-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Fair enough. I wonder what caused his dip in form. Anyway, I still stand by my belief that Kamberi is the only one of the trio still at the club and therefore shouldn’t become the focus of a witch-hunt.

bigwheel
11-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Kamberi on form is our best player..we rarely see that for more than a handful of games...

Doesn’t like to play one up top...will limit the formations he gets a start in..

Never likely to be a 20 goal striker..,or even a 15..

Wouldn’t be surprised if we replace him in Jan..certain he won’t be here next season, whoever is in charge...

A manager can handle a moody star, but why bother if he is moody and most usually very average ..

Brightside
11-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Do you think he gave that interview without running it by the people that matter at Hibs?

Yes - it was an interview whilst with Albania. I dont think Kenny was in his ear :greengrin Either way in any job in life its bad patter to slag off ex bosses in public. Keep your own counsel.

Smartie
11-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Kamberi on form is our best player..we rarely see that for more than a handful of games...

Doesn’t like to play one up top...will limit the formations he gets a start in..

Wouldn’t be surprised if we replace him in Jan..certain he won’t be here next season, whoever is in charge...

A manager can handle a moody star, but why bother if he is moody and most usually very average ..

Because on his day he is immense.

Managers have egos too - lots of managers will think they have what it takes to get the best out of a talented but wayward star.

Most, of course, will fail.

bigwheel
11-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Because on his day he is immense.

Managers have egos too - lots of managers will think they have what it takes to get the best out of a talented but wayward star.

Most, of course, will fail.

Fallen out with his last three managers...if he had consistency i’d agree with you.

Sammy7nil
11-11-2019, 05:37 PM
If he’s being interviewed and gets asked a question would you rather he just said , “no I was happy sitting on the bench for a team that couldn’t hit a barn door and when I played I was either on the wing or up front myself where I don’t thrive”

How about I was part of the problem we all started the season slowly and together we can kick on.

bingo70
11-11-2019, 05:39 PM
I don’t care if that’s a few managers he’s had a problem with, I think he’s right.

Two up front was an obvious solution that was worth trying, no idea why Heckingbottom refused to consider it but imo it’s ultimately cost him his job.

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Yes I agree with some of them and disagree with some of them, should we play 2 up front every game? Personally I dont think so, there are games where we cant and shouldnt play 2 up front, but according to kamberi we should be playing it all the time, was he spoken to by the manager, absolutely no idea, and we will never know exactly what happened behind the scenes, do I think he should be coming out and blabbing, absolutely not, what happens if the next manager wants to play 1 up front, does kamberi take the huff again and start moaning and having wee digs on his Instagram because he isnt getting a game. I would like him to get the head down and build on Saturdays good performance

:aok:

I have to be honest, I'd prefer not to read about fallouts between players and manager as well, but I agree with a lot of the points he was making.

Saturday showed quite clearly that there was a better way to get the best out of the players we have, in both formation and tactics. We seem to have two strikers that revel in being a partnership and having somebody like Scott Allan (among others) helping supply them. Having a positive approach to the game was also a really obvious difference

Heckingbottom quite clearly could not see that (or maybe didn't want to admit it, I don't know), so a parting of the ways is definitely for the best.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Lennon continues to be a top manager and he has poor management skills and is a bully? Is that likely?

The 'treatment' of Kamberi has grown a few arms and legs. He was criticised when he wasn't playing well. We don't know much more than that.

Kamberi can be a fantastic player which I'm sure is why managers want more from him than he often gives.

Lennon wasn't a top manager for the last six months in charge at Hibs though, was he?

Publicly flaying your players rarely brings the desired changes, not really the mark a top manager. Sit that alongside threatening to quit after losing a match where your own crap tactics and team selection was a significant contributor. Not really seeing strong leadership.

The guys done well at Celtic, but he wasn't so wonderful at Hibs really.

judas
11-11-2019, 05:46 PM
I like Kamberi but he does seem to be a bit of a tit

😂 this.

He’s OUR tit.

Speedy
11-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Fallen out with his last three managers...if he had consistency i’d agree with you.

Don't know anything about the first of those 3 but Lennon and Hecky were both failing at Hibs so questions have to be asked.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Or you could say as soon as Lennon stopped going two up top beginning at Tynie and then completely lost the plot before clearly, ripped Kamberi publicly and was wanting out the club he fell out with a number of players.

Are you talking about the game that Kamberi got sent off? We won 4 of the 5 games prior to that with only Kamberi up top- 3-2 Killie, 3-0 Dundee, 1-0 St Mirren, 6-0 Hamilton

bigwheel
11-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Don't know anything about the first of those 3 but Lennon and Hecky were both failing at Hibs so questions have to be asked.

I’d say those were times when your best player rolls up his sleeves and helps the team when they need it most....he largely went missing.

I’m not that bothered about what he has said, but it rings some alarm bells , and may do for his next manager.

If he gets his head down and works consistently hard, then he will be doing something we’ve yet to see him do for a season...

Since452
11-11-2019, 05:58 PM
I think Kamberi would rather play with no manager to be honest.

Hibs4185
11-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Whilst Kamberi is no doubt a bit of a prima Donna, I think to criticise him for falling out with previous managers is a bit over the top.

When Lennon was berating him, most people felt it was harsh. Lennon was a hot head and criticised him publicly every week. Most people eventually would snap.

Hecky never gave him much of a chance when all of us could see 2 upfront was the far better option. I thought Kamberi and Doidge were starting to form a good partnership in pre-season but for whatever reason Hecky would not go with 2 strikers. We all now know PH was a clown.

So one hot headed manager and a clown, it’s not all Kamberi’s fault!

Since452
11-11-2019, 06:02 PM

I don't think he's ever been a top manager. I think he's inherited one of the greatest sides in his clubs history. His last 6 months at Hibs made Heckingbottom look like Klopp.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 06:03 PM
Whilst Kamberi is no doubt a bit of a prima Donna, I think to criticise him for falling out with previous managers is a bit over the top.

When Lennon was berating him, most people felt it was harsh. Lennon was a hot head and criticised him publicly every week. Most people eventually would snap.

Hecky never gave him much of a chance when all of us could see 2 upfront was the far better option. I thought Kamberi and Doidge were starting to form a good partnership in pre-season but for whatever reason Hecky would not go with 2 strikers. We all now know PH was a clown.

So one hot headed manager and a clown, it’s not all Kamberi’s fault!

I think there was a lot more to it behind the scenes with Hecky but regardless of all that, I hope Kamberi bangs in a hat trick next Saturday :not worth

CapitalGreen
11-11-2019, 06:03 PM
Are you talking about the game that Kamberi got sent off? We won 4 of the 5 games prior to that with only Kamberi up top- 3-2 Killie, 3-0 Dundee, 1-0 St Mirren, 6-0 Hamilton

He’s talking about the game that destroyed our chance of 2nd place in May 2918.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Yes - it was an interview whilst with Albania. I dont think Kenny was in his ear :greengrin Either way in any job in life its bad patter to slag off ex bosses in public. Keep your own counsel.

Fair enough, then Flo's a loose cannon who needs reigned in a bit. I retract all I've said. It's about time the Flo fellae acquainted himself with the Scottish footballing code of omerta. Silence is golden etc, etc, talking on the pitch, blah, blah. He can save his whimsical tales of crap tactics and nae clue for a SI Ferry presents in around 15 years.

Stuart93
11-11-2019, 06:04 PM
I don't think he's ever been a top manager. I think he's inherited one of the greatest sides in his clubs history.

I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s one of the best Celtic sides in the clubs history to be honest. Maybe in recent years yes but not in their history

flash
11-11-2019, 06:10 PM
I think Kamberi would rather play with no manager to be honest.

So would I if we play like Saturday every week without one.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 06:11 PM
He’s talking about the game that destroyed our chance of 2nd place in May 2918.

But we started the next season with 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in our opening 8 games- majority of those with Kamberi alone up top, it all went down hill after he got sent off at Tynie.

Following the draw at Tynie, Lennon had 12 more matches with us, 9 of those were played with two recognised strikers.

Jones28
11-11-2019, 06:12 PM

He was singled out for weeks. It was appalling man management, proof that Lennon and Parker has lost the plot.

neil7908
11-11-2019, 06:13 PM
I don't think he said anything wrong. Just that he felt the manager didn't trust him and he wasn't told why he didn't play. Which is pretty much what all fans were saying.

He hardly tore Hecky a new one.

Some folk would have Ronaldo on the transfer list cause he has a touch of arrogance. I don't mind that in Kamberi as he generally delivers when played correctly (see the weekend).

Also, as far as I'm aware he hasn't made any public comments about Neil Lennon. Whatever happened there was behind the scenes. I haven't heard a peep out of him about Lennon's time at Hibs. Sounds pretty professional to me.

Wilson
11-11-2019, 06:16 PM
How about I was part of the problem we all started the season slowly and together we can kick on.

That's a PR drafted statement. Nothing from the heart. Nothing of the man. Bland, soulless, bollocks.

Personally I would rather not read it.

Vault Boy
11-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Don't see anything wrong with what he's said. Lennon was very hard on him in public and clearly Heckingbottom didn't favour him. Hope we'll see him flourish again and sign a new deal, he was fantastic on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
11-11-2019, 06:42 PM
I don't think he's ever been a top manager. I think he's inherited one of the greatest sides in his clubs history. His last 6 months at Hibs made Heckingbottom look like Klopp.

Really?

You might want to do a bit more research.

Heckingbottom won 15 points from his last 18 games.

Lennon won us 25 from his final 18.

Sammy7nil
11-11-2019, 06:43 PM
But we started the next season with 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in our opening 8 games- majority of those with Kamberi alone up top, it all went down hill after he got sent off at Tynie.

Following the draw at Tynie, Lennon had 12 more matches with us, 9 of those were played with two recognised strikers.

Either you have fantastic memory of too much time on your hands :greengrin

That's a PR drafted statement. Nothing from the heart. Nothing of the man. Bland, soulless, bollocks.

Personally I would rather not read it.

It is also the truth.

CapitalGreen
11-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Kamberi didn’t start in any of the first 4 games following his injury in the Europa League. He started the 5th as part of a front 2.

hibs#1
11-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Don't see much wrong with what he said.

Lennon was pretty public with his critism of Kamberi, most would agree he was over the top with it. As others have said I've seen it written or said Kamberi slating Lennon.

I saw an interview roughly around the time Lennon left us from Charlie Mulgrew who said that Lennon was great until you lost then he could be a bit of a nightmare, which tracks with what we seen with Lennon at Easter Road, Celtic don't lose very often where as Hibs had a couple of bad run with Lennon in charge, Heckingbottom I'm not so sure of certainly seems he could be quite aloof.

CapitalGreen
11-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Actually he has a poor memory.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Way too much time on my hands unfortunately, I do like a good stat though :aok:

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Actually he has a poor memory.

What did I get wrong :greengrin

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Kamberi didn’t start in any of the first 4 games following his injury in the Europa League. He started the 5th as part of a front 2.

As mentioned the wins over Killie, Dundee, St Mirren and Hamilton were all played with Kamberi up top alone in a 4-2-3-1 I believe, same happened at Celtic Park in the 4-2 defeat.

The four games that Kamberi missed we played a 3-5-2, took 5 points from a possible 12. Kamberi came back in, played a 4-2-3-1 and took 12 points from a possible 12.

Prior to all this Lennon lost the plot, led us into Europe with record points since the introduction of the new point structure, got us through 2 qualifying stages to then get knocked out away to a Molde team with a certain Erling Haland. Before a season where we sold the most season tickets in decades.

B.H.F.C
11-11-2019, 07:12 PM

No really true that. In his last five or six weeks in the job he beat Celtic and drew at Ibrox.

There was a lot wrong but he’d have improved us given he’d just signed a couple of good players in the January.

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 07:16 PM
No really true that. In his last five or six weeks in the job he beat Celtic and drew at Ibrox.

There was a lot wrong but he’d have improved us given he’d just signed a couple of good players in the January.

Omeonga and McNulty were both Lennons signings, McNulty came in after he left, but the deal was in the works while Lennon was at the club.

J-C
11-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Kamberi and Doidge are both capable of player as a lone striker but they need good quick thinking attacking midfielders and wide men around them to give support and feed off. Unfortunately Boyle has been injured, Horgan and Middleton are pretty pant and Allan is the only player with the nous to help the striker. If Hecky wanted to play his 4-2-3-1 system, he needed to have Boyle fit, Kamberi playing on the left as an inside left and Allan right behind pulling the strings, unfortunately he seemed to think it was either Doidge or Kamberi as the striker and he never had anyone else either fit or good enough to play slightly wider.

Watching all the top English teams at the weekend I noticed the majority played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 but when you look at the front 3 and the midfield 3 you can see why Hecky couldn't get his working due to not having the right players to do so. Until we get in another 2-3 players then we have to look at either 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 systems which gets Kamberi and Doidge playing but then we have the nice problem of trying to fit in Boyle when he's fully fit.

Hibbyradge
11-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Omeonga and McNulty were both Lennons signings, McNulty came in after he left, but the deal was in the works while Lennon was at the club.

When you consider what PH brought to the club, that makes me want to cry.

And don't forget, the injuries Lennon's team suffered were horrendous.

basehibby
11-11-2019, 08:11 PM

To be fair it's actually the job of a manager to get the best out of the players at his disposal - whether that be by love, fear, criticism, praise or any other psychological tool. Kamberi is a talent and worth the effort and it was a failing of Lennon AND Heckingbottom if their man management skills resulted in a drop off in form of one of our most effective players.

Andy74
11-11-2019, 08:28 PM
To be fair it's actually the job of a manager to get the best out of the players at his disposal - whether that be by love, fear, criticism, praise or any other psychological tool. Kamberi is a talent and worth the effort and it was a failing of Lennon AND Heckingbottom if their man management skills resulted in a drop off in form of one of our most effective players.

And his previous manager.

Certainly with Lennon the criticism followed the poor form rather than causing it.

He’s a good player but he also has a responsibility to deliver more often.

Employees in any role can only be managed so far. If an employees has issues with every manager they work for that might point to an issue with them rather than the managers.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2019, 08:42 PM
I'm behind Flo all the way, much rather have him at Hibs than Lennon and Hecky.

Smartie
11-11-2019, 08:48 PM

On the face of it his comments and requests aren’t unreasonable - he wants to play, he prefers to play in a pair up front and if he’s dropped he likes to be given a reason why.

Something just nags at me that he seems to be quick to put the boot into Heckingbottom and he had a fiery relationship with Lennon.

And for a player as talented as he is, too high a proportion of his performances for us have been poor or meh rather than outstanding for him to have been immune to being dropped / criticised.

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Definitely.

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 08:51 PM
On the face of it his comments and requests aren’t unreasonable - he wants to play, he prefers to play in a pair up front and if he’s dropped he likes to be given a reason why.

Something just nags at me that he seems to be quick to put the boot into Heckingbottom and he had a fiery relationship with Lennon.

And for a player as talented as he is, too high a proportion of his performances for us have been poor or meh rather than outstanding for him to have been immune to being dropped / criticised.

He’s never criticised a manager publicly when they are manager and that’s to his credit surely as he obviously respected them when in charge. All bets off when they’re punted mind you.

WeeRussell
11-11-2019, 09:06 PM

It’s mental that I find myself not thinking you’re saying anything outrageous, not even being that far from agreeing with your points in this post... yet pretty much disagreeing with every single one haha..

E.g. I rate Kamberi very highly but think Allan is our best player

brog
11-11-2019, 09:36 PM

I agree pretty much with what you say here. My only caveat however is regardless of any poor treatment, Hibs pay Flo's wages & he should give 100% in every game. After seeing him on Saturday versus prior outings I think it's self evident he didn't always do that.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 09:59 PM
I agree pretty much with what you say here. My only caveat however is regardless of any poor treatment, Hibs pay Flo's wages & he should give 100% in every game. After seeing him on Saturday versus prior outings I think it's self evident he didn't always do that.

Sure, but there are fine margins in elite sport and I reckon that confidence and belief play a big part in the performance levels too. Flo probably tried too hard at times, maybe too hard in order to ram it right up Lennon. He needs deployed properly in order to play to his strengths too. When his dander's up he's impressive, that energy channelled less effectively and he's gash.

Flo's got a lot to learn still, with the right coaching and tactics he's got s lot of potential to improve and be a very good player for us, consistently.

NOLA
11-11-2019, 10:13 PM
I disagree that he is making any of these points...get head down and work hard on his consistency. that’s what I want

Hard to work on your consistency when your on the bench or played out of position

Shrekko
11-11-2019, 10:20 PM
I have never EVER seen such blind loyalty to a player at Hibs.

I like him but he is exasperatingly inconsistent ... yet seemingly it’s everyone elses fault according to so many.

Why don’t other players get the same leeway?

Flo is at a crucial stage - he needs to get his finger out to prove his undoubted potential. Saturday was absolutely magnificent and had nothing to do with where he was playing etc etc - it was just a talented footballer being unplayable. More please!!

jacomo
11-11-2019, 10:33 PM
I have never EVER seen such blind loyalty to a player at Hibs.

I like him but he is exasperatingly inconsistent ... yet seemingly it’s everyone elses fault according to so many.

Why don’t other players get the same leeway?

Flo is at a crucial stage - he needs to get his finger out to prove his undoubted potential. Saturday was absolutely magnificent and had nothing to do with where he was playing etc etc - it was just a talented footballer being unplayable. More please!!

Yeah, life’s unfair.

Flo is a very talented player and he made a great start to his career at Hibs. No wonder the fans like him.

A manager’s job is to get the best out of the talent at his disposal. Lennon fell out with his main striker every season and Hecky couldn’t get a tune out of anyone.

I want Flo to be with us for a long time so let’s hope the new guy can get the best from him.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2019, 10:40 PM

Why is he never likely to be a 15 goal striker? I think he'll be pushing 20 in all comps this season. 6 already.

Shrekko
11-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Yeah, life’s unfair.

Flo is a very talented player and he made a great start to his career at Hibs. No wonder the fans like him.

A manager’s job is to get the best out of the talent at his disposal. Lennon fell out with his main striker every season and Hecky couldn’t get a tune out of anyone.

I want Flo to be with us for a long time so let’s hope the new guy can get the best from him.
Agree with most of the sentiments but a manager can only do so much. Neil Lennon got more out of him than he’d shown in his career at first but then he stops performing ... well before the fall out.

This is what I mean - you cannot simply absolve a non performing player from any blame!

bigwheel
12-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Why is he never likely to be a 15 goal striker? I think he'll be pushing 20 in all comps this season. 6 already.

Think he’s scored max 30 goals in his total career so far ...Don’t see him being consistent enough to get near 20..

For a bit of fun , Fancy a charity wager ? 50 quid says he won’t hit 15 in the league

No stress if you don’t fancy it - just a bit of fun for a good cause ...

I’ll be happy to be wrong by the way. Could save our season !

Brightside
12-11-2019, 07:05 AM
When you consider what PH brought to the club, that makes me want to cry.

And don't forget, the injuries Lennon's team suffered were horrendous.

Both of those players were sourced by the recruitment team. Lennon hasn’t heard of Omeonga. Some crazy revisionism going on here.

Since452
12-11-2019, 07:09 AM
Both of those players were sourced by the recruitment team. Lennon hasn’t heard of Omeonga. Some crazy revisionism going on here.

I'm pretty sure McNulty was contacted after Lennon was away too

bigwheel
12-11-2019, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty sure McNulty was contacted after Lennon was away too

That bit isn’t what happened. it almost didn’t happen when Lennon left - was already agreed ...was rekindled in final hours of the window

jacomo
12-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Agree with most of the sentiments but a manager can only do so much. Neil Lennon got more out of him than he’d shown in his career at first but then he stops performing ... well before the fall out.

This is what I mean - you cannot simply absolve a non performing player from any blame!

‘Clean slate’ is the theme, no?

That must apply to Flo as much as anyone else.

Hibs90
12-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Nothing wrong with his comments. Well said Flo.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2019, 07:33 AM

Remember McNulty talking about how it was Lennon that convinced him to sign, turned up the next day, he was gone.

Diclonius
12-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Another interview in the EEN today, mostly about Albania but also very complimentary of May.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Both Flo and Doidge have a case for feeling hard done by with the way that PH set up the team. That is in the past though.

The 90+2
12-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Another interview in the EEN today, mostly about Albania but also very complimentary of May.

But I thought he hated absolutely everyone?

Albanian Hibs
12-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Husband chuffed that he has been called up for Albania 😀

CraigHibee
12-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Husband chuffed that he has been called up for Albania 😀

I think he will do well, hopefully flo has his mojo back and is ready to kick on

Since452
12-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Really?

You might want to do a bit more research.

Heckingbottom won 15 points from his last 18 games.

Lennon won us 25 from his final 18.

Depends how you spin it..

Heckingbottom amassed more points from his 24 league games than Lennon did in his last 24.

Shrekko
12-11-2019, 08:55 AM
‘Clean slate’ is the theme, no?

That must apply to Flo as much as anyone else.

This thread isn't about clean slates but be interesting to see if all our players get that. Flo doesn't need a clean slate as he gets a free pass for anything from some fans on here.

I think any Hibs fan wants our most talented player at his best as much as possible. Lets hope Saturday becomes the norm- that would be fantastic. He's potentially the best striker in the SPL outside the Old Firm and possibly Cosgrove.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Interesting comment in his latest interview.

“We didn’t work so much on tactics, it was just about doing the basic stuff and enjoying it”

Vault Boy
12-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Interesting comment in his latest interview.

“We didn’t work so much on tactics, it was just about doing the basic stuff and enjoying it”

Seemed to be very much directed at the assertion of Heckingbottom 'over coaching' the team. Now we know one player agrees with that.

Brightside
12-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Seemed to be very much directed at the assertion of Heckingbottom 'over coaching' the team. Now we know one player agrees with that.

Yet other players loved it.

The 90+2
12-11-2019, 09:03 AM

Totally, you could see it in the way they played.

Pilrig_Sauzee
12-11-2019, 09:07 AM
😂 this.

He’s OUR tit.

Which is why he’s better when we have two up front

Vault Boy
12-11-2019, 09:26 AM

Horses for courses I suppose. If Saturday's performance is anything to go by, we know who's on the right side of that debate.

BILLYHIBS
12-11-2019, 09:29 AM
This thread isn't about clean slates but be interesting to see if all our players get that. Flo doesn't need a clean slate as he gets a free pass for anything from some fans on here.

I think any Hibs fan wants our most talented player at his best as much as possible. Lets hope Saturday becomes the norm- that would be fantastic. He's potentially the best striker in the SPL outside the Old Firm and possibly Cosgrove.

Doidge is the new Cosgrove :greengrin

Centre Hawf
12-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Good post. Some people can be more difficult to manage than others for reasons other than they’re a bad egg etc.

A managers job is to manage Flo in this situation. And Flo wanting to know what he’s doing wrong and what he can do instead is something Heckingbottom clearly has neglected to do. This seems more basic football management skills not being shown as opposed to the Neil Lennon situation where it seems like there was a full on clash of personalities.

FilipinoHibs
12-11-2019, 09:49 AM
He is one of our two current class acts. Worked hard when ever selected this season. Glad PH is gone and Flo buzzing.

Brightside
12-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Horses for courses I suppose. If Saturday's performance is anything to go by, we know who's on the right side of that debate.

I dont think its that simple - no doubt the players that started on Saturday were much more up for it than recent starting 11s. The dropping of Vela and the realisation that Mallan and Allan are going to struggle to play in the same midfield 4 was probably the biggest factor for me. Plenty of the starting 11 have positive things to say about Heck and his training style. :thumbsup:

ABZHFC
12-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Just to get this right, we're all allowed to slate Heckingbottom from pillar to post for not playing two up front, but the second one of our players comes out (after he's gone) and agrees, some of our fans lay into him about having an attitude problem? :confused::confused:

Barman Stanton
12-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Just to get this right, we're all allowed to slate Heckingbottom from pillar to post for not playing two up front, but the second one of our players comes out (after he's gone) and agrees, some of our fans lay into him about having an attitude problem? :confused::confused:

Yup, I think you have that pretty much spot on. We have an odd support at times.

Unseen work
12-11-2019, 10:52 AM

You cant make it up can you :agree:

I dare say a lot of the players feel the same, Kamberi just says it publically.

eastcoasthibby
12-11-2019, 10:54 AM
The poor communication part around being dropped was that not very similar to what happened to Rocky when he got dropped for Maxwell ..? Whilst not an advocate for players taking the huff if/when dropped ..the manager has to better manage is his players seems like Hecky wasn't best at this ....

Vault Boy
12-11-2019, 11:09 AM
I dont think its that simple - no doubt the players that started on Saturday were much more up for it than recent starting 11s. The dropping of Vela and the realisation that Mallan and Allan are going to struggle to play in the same midfield 4 was probably the biggest factor for me. Plenty of the starting 11 have positive things to say about Heck and his training style. :thumbsup:

I'm sure they do underscore, but equally I'd say they're on the wrong side of that debate too, as the simplification of our training and tactical approach clearly had a positive influence on our performance. I don't think any of the players would argue with that.

Anyway, here's hoping we can build on that performance against Saints, because that was bloody enjoyable to watch!

badabing67
12-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Wonder how he will get on with Albania.... Hope he doesn't come back injured

Weegreenman
12-11-2019, 07:12 PM
I think it’s a case of the player thinks he’s better than he actually is. There’s an old saying and it goes like this.........Do your talking on the pitch!
No manager will dare drop you if you do this. Now shut up and get on with showing us what your about.

MWHIBBIES
12-11-2019, 10:17 PM
I think it’s a case of the player thinks he’s better than he actually is. There’s an old saying and it goes like this.........Do your talking on the pitch!
No manager will dare drop you if you do this. Now shut up and get on with showing us what your about.

There is also the new, modern approach of treating people properly, communicating with them, not bullying them in the press and they'll like you and perform for you.

Clarence
12-11-2019, 10:49 PM
How can we trust anything that FK says when he comes out with the statement below one week and then slated him the next?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/florian-kamberi-issues-paul-heckingbottom-20799601

BILLYHIBS
12-11-2019, 11:03 PM
How can we trust anything that FK says when he comes out with the statement below one week and then slated him the next?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/florian-kamberi-issues-paul-heckingbottom-20799601

Hasnt been getting many win bonuses so has to make up the shortfall somehow :greengrin

Caught a headline on the back of the EEN tonight saying “ Flo says Hecky didn’t trust him.”

Who knew?

As others have said Flo needs to put up and shut up and do all his talking on the pitch

Hecky is ancient history and everyone starts with a clean slate

Oh! Flo was outstanding on Saturday much more like it

Brightside
12-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Bottom line. Kamberi has huge potential. If he finds the right manger he could be top class. But he can’t be blaming every manager when is doesn’t work out. When he played half this forum called him lazy and not the answer. A change to 2 up top will only work with some teams. Not many set up to suit it. He needs to be more than what he thinks.

turn and burn
13-11-2019, 10:51 AM
People looking to criticise our players at the slightest provocation.

I get the picture of a player who just needs to feel valued and celebrated in order to keep his confidence up. So, the lennon approach probably didn't suit (I'm assuming was direct and critical) and the hecky approach never either (I'm assuming neglectful and stand-off-ish, maybe even indifferent). The next man coming in needs to express to Flo his importance in the squad to really get him going - is that not what we want?

CapitalGreen
13-11-2019, 10:57 AM

Nowhere in the article you linked does Kamberi back PH’s managerial ability, he is saying Heckingbottom didn’t deserve the level of abuse he received from some fans which he is 100% on, some of it was over the top.

Further down the article he says:

“ To be
honest I was disappointed I didn’t start the game. I don’t know why I didn’t but I accepted it and was just ready to come on when the manager needed me.”

So last week he was saying he didn’t know why he wasn’t picked and this week he is saying PH never told him why when he wasn’t picked. Seems pretty consistent to me.

Kato
13-11-2019, 10:58 AM

It's possible to support someone on the end of verbal abuse and complain about them having poor communication skills, is it not?

Remember both statements are coming to us through the prism of the press.

familyman
13-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Kamberi has often been up and down(sometimes amazing sometimes missing ) and of course players can be influenced by all sorts of things but I would surely expect motivation on a Saturday afternoon.
John Collins fell out with one player at least I believe and so what we will require this time is an experienced man manager who can ensure commitment and hopefully avoid going to press with moans and groans...I am not saying John was not a good manager he was very driven I am sure and hard working no doubt ..It is hard to get detached from players and also be a mate..in management that does not work.
Undermining the manager only results in bad atmosphere even if that manager is not so great.There does not need to be a public announcement ,it does not impress really.
The internal systems of a club should enable grievances to be discussed and responded to without resorting to the daily press.A manager walking out means failure is not necessarily one persons fault.
The manager should in my view at all times have that autonomy even if he does not win a popularity contest he was hired for his vision and abilities. and the system in place should be clear so players etc have a clear understanding of what internal avenues they can explore if needs be..
The management structure should have a clear system of reporting any concerns without undermining authority of teams manager.
If a manager has his hands tied that will fail.He will fail by results.A manager needs to know where the boundaries are of course but that can be spelt out surely before we have chaos off or on the park.
This time we need to get it right.
Good luck in what is no easy task.:wink:

CapitalGreen
13-11-2019, 11:21 AM
hibs has often been up and down(sometimes amazing sometimes missing ) and of course players can be influenced by all sorts of things but i would surely expect motivation on a saturday afternoon.

ftfy

brog
13-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Nowhere in the article you linked does Kamberi back PH’s managerial ability, he is saying Heckingbottom didn’t deserve the level of abuse he received from some fans which he is 100% on, some of it was over the top.

Further down the article he says:

“ To be
honest I was disappointed I didn’t start the game. I don’t know why I didn’t but I accepted it and was just ready to come on when the manager needed me.”

So last week he was saying he didn’t know why he wasn’t picked and this week he is saying PH never told him why when he wasn’t picked. Seems pretty consistent to me.

Agreed,there's nothing contradictory there.