PDA

View Full Version : Daily Record- Keith Jackson

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 05:41 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-hibs-bosses-ann-budge-20856213

Came across an article this morning by Keith Jackson, talking about Dempster and Budge and the current mess that both clubs are in. Some of the comments he makes are abysmal.

One that I found particularly absurd-
It almost feels as if they deserve be treated more gently than all the other decision makers and shot callers up and down Scottish football simply because of their gender, which is a fundamental unfairness and a form of discrimination in itself.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Does that guy still get the benefit of oxygen on here? Or the rag for that matter? Was there not calls for banning them from ER?

Northernhibee
11-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Budge stepped in and saved them from collapsing as a club, we didn’t even have a full team when Leeann took over and has overseen promotion, a cup win, unbroken top six finishes and players like McGinn, McGeouch, Allan etc.

Patronising, outdated drivel. If the men in suits at Ibrox had her mettle and business sense then they may not be losing millions a year again.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2019, 05:50 AM
Can’t we just call out the article which are so obviously stirring it up for stirring ups sake. 8-9 out of 10 articles from that man (actually is a qualified journalist which makes his behaviour worse imo)

Robbo6-2
11-11-2019, 05:51 AM
We should of banned them after the lies they printed after cup final.

That article is ridiculous. How that made it thru editing ill never know

Barney McGrew
11-11-2019, 05:53 AM
He’s still raging about the cup final. Has he ever apologised for claiming all eleven RNgers players were attacked yet?

An absolutely imposter of a journalist.

hibbysam
11-11-2019, 06:16 AM
I’m sure we’ll invite them into HTC for another exclusive and be all pally again. ******** of a man.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2019, 06:20 AM
He’s the newspaper equivalent of a radio “shock jock”. Best ignored.

BroxburnHibee
11-11-2019, 06:43 AM
I'm not clicking on that link or any other DR link for that matter.

Pure clickbait.

Greenbeard
11-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Neeandra...
Niandrith....
Neander....

F.... it - he comes across as a backward sexist git who'd be better off being time-travelled back to the fifties.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2019, 07:03 AM
Ignore him.

He thrives on the reaction he gets from this type of thing and absolutely revels in it on Twitter.

Don't give the sad, attention seeking muppet the oxygen of publicity he so obviously craves.

Mr Grieves
11-11-2019, 07:08 AM
It almost feels as if they deserve be treated more gently than all the other decision makers and shot callers up and down Scottish football simply because of their gender, which is a fundamental unfairness and a form of discrimination in itself.

He's got that completely wrong. Women in positions of power are subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than their male counterparts.

Since452
11-11-2019, 07:11 AM
How Jackson wasn't sacked in the wake of the 2016 Scottish Cup final I'll never know

mjhibby
11-11-2019, 07:13 AM
He's an absolute roaster of the highest order. What's more annoying is he is capable of decent stuff. He seems to be a dinosaur of a guy with a particular dislike of Edinburgh. Budge and Dempster got the manager appts wrong,they have realised this and are trying to rectify it. Without budge Hertz would have been in the biggest poo possible and Stubbs said he wouldn't have taken the job if he had known how bad a state we are in. I'm amazed they let this go to print. They must be losing loads of readers in East Scotland.

Percy Vere
11-11-2019, 07:18 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-hibs-bosses-ann-budge-20856213

Came across an article this morning by Keith Jackson, talking about Dempster and Budge and the current mess that both clubs are in. Some of the comments he makes are abysmal.

You beat me to it.
I’d just copied the same paragraph.
Who feels they should be treated differently because they are women?
Obviously Keith Jackson. But he gets over his squeamishness pretty well.
This is a quite disgusting little article and he should be pilloried for it, as should the DR for printing such rubbish.
The whole tone of the article is snide and somehow full of resentment toward Hibs and Hearts. He also points to Leanne’s blunder at sacking Lennon, listening outside the door shaking her head at his language and now look he’s ripping up big European teams!
IMO that was right at the time, however sad it was. The team was in disarray (no mention of that).
He harps on that they’ve got to do something now.
Well are they not doing something Keith?
Looking for new managers, now both on the back of much needed wins!
Jeez. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
There’s lots more I’d like to say but I can’t use industrial language.

Percy Vere
11-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Neeandra...
Niandrith....
Neander....

F.... it - he comes across as a backward sexist git who'd be better off being time-travelled back to the fifties.

Hahaha
Well said
An absolute git of an excuse for a journalist

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 07:21 AM
Who actually reads the Daily Record?

Tragic excuse for journalism. Record GTF.

Jim44
11-11-2019, 07:23 AM

“It almost feels ........ “. to whom? Ya muppet! Even by his standards, that is the most drivel I’ve read in the media for years.

GloryGlory
11-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Neeandra...
Niandrith....
Neander....

Yep. Here we are nearly into the third decade of the 21st century and we still have an allegedly "national" newspaper allowing a voice to a sectarian, bigoted, sexist nonentity.

Percy Vere
11-11-2019, 07:27 AM

You beat me to it.
I’d just copied the same paragraph.
Who feels they should be treated differently because they are women?
Obviously Keith Jackson. But he gets over his squeamishness pretty well.
This is a quite disgusting little article and he should be pilloried for it, as should the DR for printing such rubbish.
The whole tone of the article is snide and somehow full of resentment toward Hibs and Hearts. He also points to Leanne’s blunder at sacking Lennon, listening outside the door shaking her head at his language and now look he’s ripping up big European teams!
IMO that was right at the time, however sad it was. The team was in disarray (no mention of that).
He harps on that they’ve got to do something now.
Well are they not doing something Keith?
Looking for new managers, now both on the back of much needed wins!
Jeez. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
There’s lots more I’d like to say but I can’t use industrial language.

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 08:08 AM
"it almost feels", actually means "it doesn't feel." The Man is an utter weasel.

So, while saying they don't benefit from discrimination, he makes it sound like they do.

The Man is almost a wife beating aberration of humanity, who might have pulled wings off butterflies when he was a nipper.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Yep. Here we are nearly into the third decade of the 21st century and we still have an allegedly "national" newspaper allowing a voice to a sectarian, bigoted, sexist nonentity.Nonentities everywhere will be outraged at being linked with this throwback follower of the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Always been a bottom feeder, wish we'd ban this filth from Easter road.

Antifa Hibs
11-11-2019, 08:25 AM

Dempster will probably invite him back in for another behind the scenes exclusive tour of EM

madhatter
11-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Sorry to say it but he has problems. So highly opinionated and unprofessional. He doesn't report, he invents stories. He wouldn't be in the job if it didn't entertain the clientele through in Glasgow.

Sad state of affairs when you consider a lot of people vote based on what they read in these awful pieces of toilet paper masquerading as news.

Marvellous
11-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Tabloid filth like the Daily Record are thankful a dying breed, wouldn't let my dog wipe its arse on it.

Deansy
11-11-2019, 08:46 AM

This article's noting more than a -

'Neil - look what I wrote for you, mate, I really stuck it to her just for you, Neil !!

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 08:50 AM
He's got that completely wrong. Women in positions of power are subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than their male counterparts.

Like Angie Merkel...and she's done a beter job than any British 'Leaders' recently.

Marvellous
11-11-2019, 08:53 AM

I've no doubt that this will be even more true in football. There are barely any women working in men's football and this cretin's contribution is that women are getting it too easy? What an absolute tool of a man.

Baader
11-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Jackson is a prize plum. Is that what he does when he's not bullying wee schoolboys on twitter? Probably written in crayon before getting approval from the comms dept at Ibrox.

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 09:01 AM
It's almost as if he feels inadequate in the world of the macho Glaswegian Hardman, and tries to compensate by using misogyny to cover up any failings that might be spotted by real men.

That people like him tend to also graduate to physical abuse of women, is neither here nor there, but -in a way - it could be seen as something that would be expected.

Anybody remember when they started to televise that radio phone in he was on? He showed up with rings on his fingers, a sun bed tan and tried to pretend he was the star.

Hes such a knob, he had probably put aftershave on too, forgetting he wasn't in the room with the listeners.

Actually, strike that, his ratings were so bad the only people listening were in the studio with him.

.Sean.
11-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Dempster will probably invite him back in for another behind the scenes exclusive tour of EM
What’s the story with that? Must have completely missed it. Surely no after the lies him and his rag peddled after the cup final - still infuriates me how LD never came out all guns blazing in our defence and banned them from ER.

lucky
11-11-2019, 09:03 AM
The article is not great but the reality is questions do need to be asked of LD as we all know that Hibs are going backwards on and off the pitch.

As for banning journalists, stop it, ever heard of free speech? Rangers don’t talk to the BBC, are people seriously saying we ban the second biggest selling newspaper in Scotland because we don’t like one of their columnists?

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 09:09 AM
The article is not great but the reality is questions do need to be asked of LD as we all know that Hibs are going backwards on and off the pitch.

As for banning journalists, stop it, ever heard of free speech? Rangers don’t talk to the BBC, are people seriously saying we ban the second biggest selling newspaper in Scotland because we don’t like one of their columnists?

I think we could live without the 2000 or so readers that the Record gets to that other media doesn't.

His comments are misogynistic, it's a very good reason to tell the slime ball, and his dinosaur employers to bolt.

Sir David Gray
11-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Can we have a blanket ban on any links to the Daily Record website or Twitter page etc please?

We should have nothing to do with them after the lies they published about our fans in 2016.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-11-2019, 09:14 AM

I'd normally agree with you regarding freedom of speech but KJ and The Daily Record take it too far

Printing lies about our club and supporters with no apology or retraction because it suits the narrative of the bitter west coast of Scotland supporters

And this article is yet another attempt to undermine and belittle Hibs

I genuinely don't know anyone that reads that pro Rangers rag

Marvellous
11-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Can we have a blanket ban on any links to the Daily Record website or Twitter page etc please?

We should have nothing to do with them after the lies they published about our fans in 2016.

That would be decent, I think Hibeesbounce ban Daily Record and The Sun links from their forum.

Since452
11-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Enough is enough from the Daily Record and Jackson. Sooner they are banned from Easter Road the better

CockneyRebel
11-11-2019, 09:29 AM
He’s still raging about the cup final. Has he ever apologised for claiming all eleven RNgers players were attacked yet?

An absolutely imposter of a journalist.

Has this muppet ever apologised about anything?

Not In The Know
11-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Enough is enough from the Daily Record and Jackson. Sooner they are banned from Easter Road the better
In the past I think he’s called us spoon burners on Twitter. He still can’t get over 2016.

lucky
11-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Banning journalists you disagree with is wrong, argue against their views or ignore them but banning newspapers is an extremely dangerous road to go down

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Best ignored

Since452
11-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Maybe one for KP to put to the board. I think the vast majority of fans if not all of them would like the Daily Record banned

marinello59
11-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Banning journalists you disagree with is wrong, argue against their views or ignore them but banning newspapers is an extremely dangerous road to go down

:agree:

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 09:43 AM

I think when the writer abuses their position to spread hate speech, then you are within your rights not to speak to them.

Allowing them to spread and normalise attitudes like his presents an even greater danger.

basehibby
11-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Attention seeking gutter dweller with an irrational hatred of all things Edinburgh - best ignored completely along with the dismal rag that continues to employ him.

jacomo
11-11-2019, 10:03 AM

There’s a big gap between banning a journalist and not collaborating with them.

I don’t advocate banning the DR from ER (as the Rangers did to the BBC) but we don’t need to accept interview requests or work with them beyond the minimum. This ‘newspaper’ has actively lied about our club and its fans, and are quite unapologetic about it.

oldbutdim
11-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Correct.

The The Rangers have 'banned' the BBC because they didn't agree with reporting of them. It makes Jabba and his minions just look like petulant wee dafties in the huff.
I appreciate the circumstances are entirely different (BBC reported facts, Daily Rantic made up stuff) but the action of banning journalists would make us look as bad.

Jackshun is a hired hand of the 'Old Firm' and will continue to publish Jabba's scribblings under his own moniker, and pen anti- Hibs stories at every opportunity.

Best ignored.

Jim44
11-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Correct.

The The Rangers have 'banned' the BBC because they didn't agree with reporting of them. It makes Jabba and his minions just look like petulant wee dafties in the huff.
I appreciate the circumstances are entirely different (BBC reported facts, Daily Rantic made up stuff) but the action of banning journalists would make us look as bad.

Jackshun is a hired hand of the 'Old Firm' and will continue to publish Jabba's scribblings under his own moniker, and pen anti- Hibs stories at every opportunity.

Best ignored.

I don’t think Rangers have actually banned the BBC. Do the BBC not boycott Ibrox because they have banned Chris McLaughlin?

Hibeesmad
11-11-2019, 10:15 AM
I don’t think Rangers have actually banned the BBC. Do the BBC not boycott Ibrox because they have banned Chris McLaughlin?

Following quote from BBC-

We will continue to report on Rangers and will feature match action but, until this issue is resolved, we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending press conferences

jacomo
11-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Following quote from BBC-

We will continue to report on Rangers and will feature match action but, until this issue is resolved, we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending press conferences

It’s an effective ban in my book.

BBC has to show solidarity with its journalists or they are effectively letting another company dictate who they should and shouldn’t hire.

Jones28
11-11-2019, 10:33 AM

What about when that journalist peddles lies and misinformation about your club?

HFC93
11-11-2019, 10:36 AM
I would like to think that as a club we're above banning journalists and or publications we don't like.

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 10:38 AM
It’s an effective ban in my book.

BBC has to show solidarity with its journalists or they are effectively letting another company dictate who they should and shouldn’t hire.

Should Hibs not show solidarity with their employees?

Sir David Gray
11-11-2019, 11:09 AM

I'm not sure you can call Keith Jackson a journalist.

staunchhibby
11-11-2019, 11:13 AM
There is only one difference between Keith Jackson and the measles.At least you can cure the measles

Smartie
11-11-2019, 11:17 AM
If he has spoken to any fan of either Edinburgh club this season he'd realise that there has been plenty heat on both LD and Budge this season, as it should be when the football teams have performed as they have.

This is top notch drivel from Scotland's finest drivel-merchant.

Dan Sarf
11-11-2019, 11:28 AM
If you think Keith is loathsome, try this recent shocker from the johnjames site...

Why Leeann Dempster, a dyed in the wool supporter of a former club, is their Chief Executive, is beyond me. Given that being a lesbian is currently all the rage at Holyrood, dealing with ‘people like us’ might give her a leg over up in political circles.

His italics, not mine.

Cataplana
11-11-2019, 11:31 AM
If you think Keith is loathsome, try this recent shocker from the johnjames site...

Why Leeann Dempster, a dyed in the wool supporter of a former club, is their Chief Executive, is beyond me. Given that being a lesbian is currently all the rage at Holyrood, dealing with ‘people like us’ might give her a leg over up in political circles.

His italics, not mine.

Taking paranoia to a new level.

patlowe
11-11-2019, 11:57 AM
He's one of many male tabloid journos that yearn for the days of the expense-laden, alcohol-fuelled, quid-pro-quo, female-free dinosaur 'journalism' of yesteryear. He doesn't know how to survive in the dynamic landscape of new media and resorts to this nonsense to stir up a response and get clicks. Given the barriers Dempster and Budge will have likely faced to get where they are in their professional lives, I don't think they'll be wasting too much time worrying about Keith Jackson's views.

HoboHarry
11-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Taking paranoia to a new level.
What an angry little man he has become. I enjoyed reading his stuff in the beginning but he's lost his way big time, what he seems to think passes as humour just comes across as childish (and often really nasty) name calling.

McSwanky
11-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Can't you all just leave the poor guy alone? He's clearly still hurting badly from 2016, and the fact that his "profession" seems to be fizzling out as a relevance can't help either.

Shame.

JimBHibees
11-11-2019, 12:04 PM
How Jackson wasn't sacked in the wake of the 2016 Scottish Cup final I'll never know

Because he was doing Traynors and Rangers job for them.

Jim44
11-11-2019, 12:05 PM

His italics, not mine.

This dispicable pro Celtic blogger crawled out of the the same snake pit as his Rangers counterpart, whose name escapes me.

HoboHarry
11-11-2019, 12:11 PM
This dispicable pro Celtic blogger crawled out of the the same snake pit as his Rangers counterpart, whose name escapes me.
Phil Mac is the pro-Celtic blogger. JJ claimed in the beginning that he was a lifelong Rangers fan though I think the evidence suggests otherwise.....

Kato
11-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Craig "Wealth off the Radar" White isn't female, he really took him to task.

Bobby's Cinema
11-11-2019, 12:18 PM
If this was written on .net, he'd literally be banned under the approach to online behaviour.

How has this guy got the platform to write like this. :confused:

marinello59
11-11-2019, 12:31 PM

That would be decent, I think Hibeesbounce ban Daily Record and The Sun links from their forum.

I agree about them both being odious rags. Personally I don't click on any links to them and I wish they didn't appear. However we leave that decision to individual members, we don't do censorship here.

HoboHarry
11-11-2019, 12:34 PM
I agree about them both being odious rags. Personally I don't click on any links to them and I wish they didn't appear. However we leave that decision to individual members, we don't do censorship here.
I bet you stopped reading the DR when they quit showing the page 3 girls........

:greengrin

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 12:50 PM

His italics, not mine.

Wow, that's incredible!

What a dinosaur

GreenOnions
11-11-2019, 01:30 PM
He's the second hack in recent days who seems to think we would still have had Neil Lennon as manager now if Dempster hadn't shown him the door.

The reality is that, if Lennon had not left under a cloud in January, he would have left when Celtic came calling somewhere between February and June.

Most possible scenarios would have resulted in Hibs having a new manager this season. The only difference between scenarios is the exact timing of Lennon's departure and whether or not we would have received compensation from Celtic.

Jackson's opinion pieces are normally poorly thought through with an argument in which a child could poke holes. This is no different really. An idiot with a keyboard who thinks his name is McIlvaney.

It's almost as if he learned the job with Jim Traynor

Sir David Gray
11-11-2019, 02:01 PM

Understandable but I'd be making an exception for the Daily Record after the lies they told about the cup final.

One Day
11-11-2019, 02:29 PM
We should of banned them after the lies they printed after cup final.

That article is ridiculous. How that made it thru editing ill never know

Proud to say I have never purchased, or read and article, in that paper from that day. Even refused free copies

Deansy
11-11-2019, 02:59 PM

It'd get my vote - it would be sweet if we could do this before it goes tits-up due to **** sales (huh, who'd have thought it possible - the Hun reading even less than traditionally these days !) and that people have gradually realised it's absolute garbage !

Andy74
11-11-2019, 04:09 PM
He's the second hack in recent days who seems to think we would still have had Neil Lennon as manager now if Dempster hadn't shown him the door.

The reality is that, if Lennon had not left under a cloud in January, he would have left when Celtic came calling somewhere between February and June.

Most possible scenarios would have resulted in Hibs having a new manager this season. The only difference between scenarios is the exact timing of Lennon's departure and whether or not we would have received compensation from Celtic.

Jackson's opinion pieces are normally poorly thought through with an argument in which a child could poke holes. This is no different really. An idiot with a keyboard who thinks his name is McIlvaney.

We certainly made it easy for him to join Celtic.

I don't get that it was something that was being worked by either Lennon or Celtic - we decided we didn't want him for whatever reason and they happily took him on when they then had a vacancy.

I haven't read this thing but if there's a view that as CEO LD could have managed it better to keep Lennon here then I'd agree. He's the best manager In the country and we didn't come out of that situation in better shape long term.

Not In The Know
11-11-2019, 04:16 PM

I doubt very much if we would have made the top 6 with Lennon last year.

No way Celtic would have came after him if that happened.

lyonhibs
11-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Things I most definitely won't be reading :

1) Any article in the Sun or Daily Record ever ESPECIALLY if penned by 1 Keith Jackson.

Hopefully won't be long before he's on the dole queue along with the other pseudo "journalists" from the 2 aforementioned red tops

hibstag
11-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Craig "Wealth off the Radar" White isn't female, he really took him to task.

It's the radar statement from him that proves he is a poor journalist desperate to appeal to the masses from govan the cup final stuff just underlined that despite his chronic lack of abilty this style of'journalism' has allowed to remain in post

pacoluna
11-11-2019, 04:34 PM
The online behaviour post should include an outright ban on daily record links.

Kojock
11-11-2019, 04:36 PM
I used to buy the DR but have since upgraded to the Beano as the stories are more believable. Jackshun makes Banderson look like a journalistic genius.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Nothing in this other than attention seeking. It's almost a shame.

pacoluna
11-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Like Angie Merkel...and she's done a beter job than any British 'Leaders' recently.

Nicola sturgeon surely would be the better example.

The Baldmans Comb
11-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Why would any Hibs fan care about some article in the Daily Record as we aren't its target market other than the odd slap in the chops from time to time.

The Daily Record is for self loathing Scots and is a comical knockabout football fanzine for supporters of you know you and to be fair doesn't pretend otherwise.

As a Hibs fan you must really lack self respect to clickbait on line or physically contribute to a pulication that regularly treats Hibs as a journalistic punchbag.

RoYO!
11-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Stop. Posting. DR articles.

Sammy7nil
11-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Stop. Posting. DR articles.

Keep doing what you want within the rules :aok:

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Ban the prick. Get a statement out for a change Hibs.

The 90+2
11-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Why would any Hibs fan care about some article in the Daily Record as we aren't its target market other than the odd slap in the chops from time to time.

The Daily Record is for self loathing Scots and is a comical knockabout football fanzine for supporters of you know you and to be fair doesn't pretend otherwise.

As a Hibs fan you must really lack self respect to clickbait on line or physically contribute to a pulication that regularly treats Hibs as a journalistic punchbag.

Probably because they are expressing their views to other people in the country.

Since452
11-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Ban the prick. Get a statement out for a change Hibs.

Here here

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Oh to see the look on his face to know that with one only click cut and paste the rest of the revenues generated are for Hibs.net

11-11-2019, 06:54 PM
It's like he's had his laptop out whilst listening to Sportsound at the weekend and just regurgitated what the pundits said, then put his own stamp on it by adding the sexist slant.

NAE NOOKIE
12-11-2019, 01:06 AM
The difference here is that if LD or Budge for that matter had been what Jackson has been used to over the years the article would have read 'first real test for Dempster and Budge' or something similar. Instead its nothing less than an attack on their ability to lead, even though especially in Dempster's case she has shown she can make difficult decisions and even now more good than bad ones. As others have pointed out Neil Lennon was all over the place by the time he left Hibs and it would be a lie to suggest that any other manager wouldnt have been looking over his shoulder given the way we were playing at the time, not just Neil Lennon

His suggestion that NL was sidelined, sacked, whatever you want to call it because he swore at the players is utter pish and he knows it ... there was clearly far more involved than that .... The inference he clearly makes is that because Dempster is a woman she is unable to hold her own in the macho world of professional football, to the extent that she finds a manager swearing at players shocking ... utter patronising drivel that makes a mockery of his disclaimer about sexism at the start of the article.

Lennon getting his team to achieve home and away wins against a top flight Italian team is without doubt notable ... To suggest as he does that, that indicates he could have turned Hibs into a Scottish football powerhouse is laughable ... He had achieved similar notable European results in his first term at Celtic and by the time he left us it didnt look in any way as if we were going to turn into such a team in spite of those prior achievements.

No matter how he tries to dress it up the article reads like 'I told you so' ...the mans an utter plank :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2019, 04:11 AM
Nicola sturgeon surely would be the better example.

by giving her an award the EU obviously think so :agree:

FilipinoHibs
12-11-2019, 05:30 AM
The difference here is that if LD or Budge for that matter had been what Jackson has been used to over the years the article would have read 'first real test for Dempster and Budge' or something similar. Instead its nothing less than an attack on their ability to lead, even though especially in Dempster's case she has shown she can make difficult decisions and even now more good than bad ones. As others have pointed out Neil Lennon was all over the place by the time he left Hibs and it would be a lie to suggest that any other manager wouldnt have been looking over his shoulder given the way we were playing at the time, not just Neil Lennon

His suggestion that NL was sidelined, sacked, whatever you want to call it because he swore at the players is utter pish and he knows it ... there was clearly far more involved than that .... The inference he clearly makes is that because Dempster is a woman she is unable to hold her own in the macho world of professional football, to the extent that she finds a manager swearing at players shocking ... utter patronising drivel that makes a mockery of his disclaimer about sexism at the start of the article.

Lennon getting his team to achieve home and away wins against a top flight Italian team is without doubt notable ... To suggest as he does that, that indicates he could have turned Hibs into a Scottish football powerhouse is laughable ... He had achieved similar notable European results in his first term at Celtic and by the time he left us it didnt look in any way as if we were going to turn into such a team in spite of those prior achievements.

No matter how he tries to dress it up the article reads like 'I told you so' ...the mans an utter plank :aok:

Great post.

Jim44
12-11-2019, 10:21 AM

Grudging credit to Lennon for his achievements with Celtic but, for me, only to a limited degree. Every Celtic manager can rely on bricks and mortar to build with but give him sticks and straw and he’ll struggle.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2019, 10:44 AM
I would have thought Jackshun would be spending his time gloating about how brilliant his beloved Rangers are, and what a genius Gerrard is. The other members of the laptop loyal must have that covered.

oldbutdim
12-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Sorry Jim, just got back to this.
You're quite right. Hence the reason I used 'banned' rather than er.......... banned.
It was the The Rangers who banned a specific journo who dared to veer away from the Jabba scripts, and the Beeb responded by saying they wouldn't send someone of the The Rangers choosing. Quite rightly.

It's an effective ban in my book, but I accept your point totally.