PDA

View Full Version : So Far It's Just One Game

Keith_M
10-11-2019, 07:38 PM
I'm not trying to be negative in any way, as I enjoyed yesterday's game immensely and I'm really glad I went.

It's just that it's only one game so far, against a St Johnstone side that didn't look as good as they have done on previous occasions so, to state the bleedin obvious, we're not going to get such good results every week. We're not as bad as some people have made out, conversely we're also not suddenly world beaters.

We've had loads of really positive comments on here, even people admitting players they previously derided are actually half decent after all (sorry Mr Doidge, I was wrong). I just wanted to encourage people to remember that the next time we have a poorer than expected result and cut them a bit of slack...

...which I'm sure you all will :greengrin

(hopefully this post doesn't come over the wrong way, I'm really not trying to be an Über Fan or a smart-arse)

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2019, 07:45 PM
I'm not trying to be negative in any way, as I enjoyed yesterday's game immensely and I'm really glad I went.

It's just that it's only one game so far, against a St Johnstone side that didn't look as good as they have done on previous occasions so, to state the bleedin obvious, we're not going to get such good results every week. We're not as bad as some people have made out, coversely we're also not suddenly world beaters.

We've had loads of really positive comments on here, even people admitting players they previously derided are actually half decent after all (sorry Mr Doidge, I was wrong). I just wanted to encourage people to remember that the next time we have a poorer than expected result and cut them a bit of slack...

...which I'm sure you all will :greengrin

(hopefully this post doesn't come over the wrong way, I'm really not trying to be an Über Fan or a smart-arse)

There never seems to be middle ground, it's either magic or tragic. I like you was ecstatic yesterday with the manner of the win, but things need to flourish from now. I don't believe the players gave 100% for PH, just my opinion, but we felt like a weight was removed and played with a swagger yesterday. More of the same would be welcome, 100% commitment to the jersey is the only think I ask for.

Unseen work
11-11-2019, 06:34 AM
Agree with what you’re saying.

St Johnstone are a poor team who created next to nothing going forward and a couple of individual errors cost goals.

We did play a lot better though and looked like we actually wanted to go forward and attack which looked a lot more enjoyable for our players. It was 4 but could have easily been 6.

It was a very attacking minded line up so it would be interesting to see how they would cope in a couple of weeks against Motherwell etc, i personally would fear us getting bullied a bit in the midfield of the park.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Until we Invent time travel...

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Just watched the whole game from the weekend back on HIBS TV

My overriding feeling on reflection is that we have got our team back

No more frightened rabbit caught in the headlights if we go one goal up

No more looking at the bench asking for instructions and where to stand?

Just good old fashioned HIBS up and at them without leaving the door open at the back and getting stuck in

Attack! Attack! Attack!

All for one and one for all

Need to keep this going

Oh those pesky international breaks!

stoneyburn hibs
11-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Yes it's only one game but I'm now fair looking forward to going on Saturday.
Not felt like that since the start of the season.

Spike Mandela
11-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Don’t get too excited, there will be nobody there on Saturday.:wink:

heretoday
11-11-2019, 10:54 AM
I always enjoy a managerless run. There's a wild, unfettered feel to it.

oldbutdim
11-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Just watched the whole game from the weekend back on HIBS TV

My overriding feeling on reflection is that we have got our team back

No more frightened rabbit caught in the headlights if we go one goal up

No more looking at the bench asking for instructions and where to stand?

Just good old fashioned HIBS up and at them without leaving the door open at the back and getting stuck in

Attack! Attack! Attack!

All for one and one for all

Need to keep this going

Oh those pesky international breaks!

What's the tune for that?
:confused:

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2019, 11:17 AM
What's the tune for that?
:confused:

Anything you want it to be

How about The HIBS Go Marching On by Hector Nicol :greengrin

Or is it the Battle Hymn of the Republic?

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 01:53 PM

I can guarantee you that Hibs will be undefeated on saturday!

What happens next weekend when we're actually playing, is anybody's guess

:wink: