PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Gullan

Hamish
10-11-2019, 10:28 AM
After his double yesterday he is now top scorer at Raith with 5 goals.

Wonder if the new manager will recall him in January?

Wilson
10-11-2019, 10:30 AM

I noticed this yesterday and wondered if it would get a mention on here.

Well done Jamie.

southsider
10-11-2019, 10:53 AM

I hope we do & he gets a shot with first team. A bright future for the lad, I recon.

J-C
10-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Very decent youngster who should never have been sent on loan when he was ready to play more games and can play anywhere along the front line of attack, definitely better than giving a bench place to an average Rangers youngster.

CapitalGreen
10-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Very decent youngster who should never have been sent on loan when he was ready to play more games and can play anywhere along the front line of attack, definitely better than giving a bench place to an average Rangers youngster.

Playing lots of minutes for Raith will have been much better for his development than sporadic appearances off the bench for a team that had hardly been creating any chances.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Regular games will be helping him. He wouldn’t have been playing at Hibs.

Robbo6-2
10-11-2019, 11:11 AM
How old is he

J-C
10-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Playing lots of minutes for Raith will have been much better for his development than sporadic appearances off the bench for a team that had hardly been creating any chances.

There is that but just annoys me we have some pretty good youngsters on our books who should be cutting their teeth at Hibs and not on loan, I always feel 1st and 2nd Div loans are fine for youngsters to get experience but if they're starting in Championship teams and doing well, they should be here doing well for us.

J-C
10-11-2019, 11:12 AM
How old is he

Jamie's 20 now.

Greenworld
10-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Hi hopes for Jamie he is getting good game time and I feel sure when he does return he will be all the better fot the experience...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Keyser Sauzee
10-11-2019, 11:23 AM
No point in bringing him back from playing week in week out for him to get the odd sub appearance for the remainder of the season. Looks to be doing well at Raith so hopefully he gets a shot at the first team next season.

KWJ
10-11-2019, 11:25 AM
There is that but just annoys me we have some pretty good youngsters on our books who should be cutting their teeth at Hibs and not on loan, I always feel 1st and 2nd Div loans are fine for youngsters to get experience but if they're starting in Championship teams and doing well, they should be here doing well for us.

Raith are in league one.

CapitalGreen
10-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Raith are not a Championship team...

Allant1981
10-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Seems a decent player but in all honesty who is he going to replace, doidge, kamberi, shaw, horgan and boyle are our forward players, he isnt going to get game time in front of any of them so he is best getting games at another club and hopefully coming back a better player and ready to be in contention

The Modfather
10-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Seems a decent player but in all honesty who is he going to replace, doidge, kamberi, shaw, horgan and boyle are our forward players, he isnt going to get game time in front of any of them so he is best getting games at another club and hopefully coming back a better player and ready to be in contention

I’d give him a chance over Horgan, but agree with your wider point. He’s best off playing every week at Raith at the moment.

Allant1981
10-11-2019, 11:58 AM
I’d give him a chance over Horgan, but agree with your wider point. He’s best off playing every week at Raith at the moment.

Horgan has been pretty poor I'll agree but when he plays well he is a good forward player, I've only seen gullan a couple of times but dont think he is anywhere near this level yet

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2019, 12:21 PM
If Shaw can't get any minutes Gullan definitely wouldn't. Much better he's away on loan getting 30 odd games and scoring goals.

badabing67
10-11-2019, 12:29 PM

Not yet but it looks like Jamie's doing his best to get them there.

J-C
10-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Raith are in league one.

Yep so they are, my apologies, I thought they were in the championship, fair enough then maybe he's at the right place to grow then. :aok:

Malthibby
10-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Extended highlights of the Stranraer game on Raith Rovers TV, Gullan shows up well, very busy, linking, scoring & generally looking as if he's thoroughly enjoying himself..
GG

Pretty Boy
10-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Guy who lives a couple of doors down from me is a Raith ST holder.

Really likes JG and is desperate for him to be at Raith as long as possible. Reckons he would struggle at Premiership level though. Of course that's just one person's opinion and he may well continue to develop as the season goes on.

Onceinawhile
10-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Hopefully gets plenty game time, develops and is ready to kick on next season.

Would hope he's scoring a minimum of 15 in league 1 to have a shot in the top league though.

DetroitHibs
10-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Extended highlights of the Stranraer game on Raith Rovers TV, Gullan shows up well, very busy, linking, scoring & generally looking as if he's thoroughly enjoying himself..
GG

That's where I think Hibs seriously lack. Every Monday on the website should be reports from our lads out on loans and highlights wherever possible.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2019, 07:23 PM
That's where I think Hibs seriously lack. Every Monday on the website should be reports from our lads out on loans and highlights wherever possible.

There used to be a loan round up. Dried up either last season or the season before though.

Agreed it would be good to see it brought back to keep everyone updated on how all the young guys are doing.

jacomo
10-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Not at all convinced Hecky has managed the development players well but at least Jamie is getting regular game time.

GreenCastle
10-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Was impressed with Gullan in the recent Dev game against Hearts.

Direct and caused problems.

Agree Hecky really didn’t manage the youth well and damage needs repaired though I also feel we need to develop better players as currently not enough coming through.

Deansy
10-11-2019, 08:44 PM
I like Gullan, a very 'busy' player, always involved in a game - I've got high hopes for him !

Ozyhibby
10-11-2019, 09:06 PM
He’s going to have to do a lot more than score 5 goals in league 1 to make it at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveofthegame
10-11-2019, 09:20 PM
https://youtu.be/Ke6VCOzfppY

goals from yesterday at 4.00 and 7.30 in those highlights

Deansy
10-11-2019, 09:57 PM
https://youtu.be/Ke6VCOzfppY

goals from yesterday at 4.00 and 7.30 in those highlights

Cheers mate - both goals are well taken but his 2nd is a cracker !!

Jim44
10-11-2019, 10:10 PM
......... good prospect, and the sooner he gives up the piano playing and song writing the better. :greengrin

JOD
11-11-2019, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE=J-C;5986923]There is that but just annoys me we have some pretty good youngsters on our books who should be cutting their teeth at Hibs and not on loan, I always feel 1st and 2nd Div loans are fine for youngsters to get experience but if they're starting in Championship teams and doing well, they should be here doing well for us.[
Raith are league 1 not the championship 😏😅/QUOTE]

J-C
11-11-2019, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=J-C;5986923]There is that but just annoys me we have some pretty good youngsters on our books who should be cutting their teeth at Hibs and not on loan, I always feel 1st and 2nd Div loans are fine for youngsters to get experience but if they're starting in Championship teams and doing well, they should be here doing well for us.[
Raith are league 1 not the championship 😏😅/QUOTE]

A bit slow with that reply, others posted the same and I acknowledged that in an earlier post. 😁

500miles
11-11-2019, 11:02 AM
So far his record is 6 goals and 2 assists in 693 minutes. He's played mostly left wing and behind the striker, but was at centre mid on Saturday.

Ive been impressed by him in development games.