PDA

View Full Version : Harry Kewell surely not

TheSouthMoroccan
10-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Surely the last thing we need right now is an inexperienced manager with no knowledge of Scottish Football. Maybe our new manager will not have both of these things, but in my opinion to be relatively inexperienced and not know much about Scottish Football is madness given where we are right now. Maybe our summer recruitment was not as bad as we thought, maybe its as simple as implied by Eddie last night, the right formation, don’t fill their heads with nonsense, keep the instructions simple and get them up for it. The last thing we therefore need is someone learning their trade in an unfamiliar environment.

Jim44
10-11-2019, 09:05 AM
I don’t think we have to worry too much about HK landing the job. From the way he spoke, I think he sniffs around certain matches to get himself in the picture and to be seen building up an image in the manager marketplace.

lucky
10-11-2019, 09:09 AM
He’d be a very bad choice, no experience of Scottish football and failed in both managerial jobs he’s had. Turning up yesterday will be frowned on by Dempster. She won’t like him trying to bounce his name into the media with behave like that.

bigwheel
10-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Not sure Eddie May would even give him a role in the academy ...

Eyrie
10-11-2019, 09:45 AM
He described the Hibs vacancy as "an option" and not as "an opportunity" so it's clear he has as much genuine interest in being the next Hibs manager as Levein does.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2019, 10:17 AM
He’d be a very bad choice, no experience of Scottish football and failed in both managerial jobs he’s had. Turning up yesterday will be frowned on by Dempster. She won’t like him trying to bounce his name into the media with behave like that.

I don’t think Dempster could care less, he went to the game, was asked why by the SKY reporter and said he was there meeting someone. Some folk haven’t half got excited by his presence.

Irish-Hibee
10-11-2019, 10:55 AM
I don’t think Dempster could care less, he went to the game, was asked why by the SKY reporter and said he was there meeting someone. Some folk haven’t half got excited by his presence.

I think the fact that he has been linked with the job before yesterday and then was at the game! Worried more than excited I would say!

WeeRussell
10-11-2019, 10:58 AM

He’s now 11/10 with skybet with Jack Ross our to 10/11

RupertsBollocks
10-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Harry Kewell is a doing what he has always done - using the media to talk up his value. He is a posionous **** in every sense of the word. Not even a pimple on the arse of Hibs Class.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
10-11-2019, 11:09 AM
He was on Alba scribbling away in a notebook. Looked purposeful.......
Milk, bread, eggs, jam, shortbread........and an XXL hat.

FilipinoHibs
10-11-2019, 11:11 AM
GTF Harry

where'stheslope
10-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Do you believe he would have said I'm here for the vacant position at Hibernian???
The post is available and he may fancy throwing his hat in the ring, it shows up well in any interview if you've done some background work!
Not sure I would fancy him here though, no Scottish football credentials!!!!

Since452
10-11-2019, 11:31 AM
St Johnstone job looks more likely for Kewell if Wright goes to Northern Ireland. Maybe doing his homework on them

Callum_62
10-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Harry Kewell is a doing what he has always done - using the media to talk up his value. He is a posionous **** in every sense of the word. Not even a pimple on the arse of Hibs Class.

Sent from my SM-A530F using TapatalkIs he? What's he done that I missed?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

stu in nottingham
10-11-2019, 11:56 AM
I see that Kewell has risen to second place in betting odds for next Hibs manager. What a dismal thought, him possibly getting the job is.

Harry Kewell was taken from Crawley Town after managing for 15 months there by idiot Notts County Chairman, Alan Hardy who paid compensation for him. He lasted just 10 weeks and his team won just 3 games in 14 matches. I was actually spectating at the home games doing his tenure and the performances were abject, believe me.

More than that, his influence at the club appeared to b a poisonous one, created by his arrogant attitude. I'm told he caused a lot of problems behind the scenes with his conceited and self-important attitude. The training sessions were said to be pantomime-like with players not understanding what was expected of them. He was also known as an unapproachable, 'my way or the highway' type but without any great managerial ability or experience to back it up.

For those that see him as a 'name' yes - as a player certainly but he has done nothing as a manager to speak of at all. The then chairman at Notts - a Liverpool fan was swayed by his own enormous ego, needing to brush shoulders with high profile people in the game. It ended in disaster in short order.

To think that Hibs might want to take a punt on this guy (and that's all it is) fills me full of dread. If the club did I'd have to ask if the club ever learns? I remember saying to many people a few similar things about Colin Calderwood after being appointed at Easter Road and after watching his team here, hearing others' opinions of him and hearing him in the media. Look how that one turned out.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Absolutely no knowledge of Scottish football and barely lasted a year at all 3 clubs he has managed. If he wants to revive his managerial career can I suggest the Evo Stick premier league south or whatever its called darn saff. :aok:

oxymoron
10-11-2019, 12:11 PM
I see that Kewell has risen to second place in betting odds for next Hibs manager. What a dismal thought, him possibly getting the job is.

Harry Kewell was taken from Crawley Town after managing for 15 months there by idiot Notts County Chairman, Alan Hardy who paid compensation for him. He lasted just 10 weeks and his team won just 3 games in 14 matches. I was actually spectating at the home games doing his tenure and the performances were abject, believe me.

More than that, his influence at the club appeared to b a poisonous one, created by his arrogant attitude. I'm told he caused a lot of problems behind the scenes with his conceited and self-important attitude. The training sessions were said to be pantomime-like with players not understanding what was expected of them. He was also known as an unapproachable, 'my way or the highway' type but without any great managerial ability or experience to back it up.

For those that see him as a 'name' yes - as a player certainly but he has done nothing as a manager to speak of at all. The then chairman at Notts - a Liverpool fan was swayed by his own enormous ego, needing to brush shoulders with high profile people in the game. It ended in disaster in short order.

To think that Hibs might want to take a punt on this guy (and that's all it is) fills me full of dread. If the club did I'd have to ask if the club ever learns? I remember saying to many people a few similar things about Colin Calderwood after being appointed at Easter Road and after watching his team here, hearing others' opinions of him and hearing him in the media. Look how that one turned out.

I suspect everything you say of him is correct. Sounds like another JC in narcissism but without the actual pedigree to deliver. This 'spotting' at St Johnstone yesterday sounds wholly contrived by Kewell, and not much more. Heckinbottom turned out to be a mistake, but again he had a reasonable pedigree to suggest he had something. LD is far from stupid and I'd credit her with more savvy than to fall for the like of Kewell given whats just happened. The low odds on Kewell right on the back of his appearance sounds like the Bookies looking to make some easy cash on those who dive in when a 'name' makes an appearance

CloudSquall
10-11-2019, 12:14 PM
The fact that he described the job as "an option" after tanking at Crawley Town and Notts County means it's a no from me.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2019, 12:20 PM
The fact that he described the job as "an option" after tanking at Crawley Town and Notts County means it's a no from me.

It might be seen as 'an option' by him, but I doubt Hibs see it that way ... or at least I hope they dont.

Gordy M
10-11-2019, 12:40 PM
I know its been said a few times but id imagine the bookies odds are reflected by folk seeing him at the game and sticking money on him. If the bookies knew who was likely to get the job, the book would probably close as its one of the few markets where someone WILL know before the bookies do.
Secondly, if Kewell was getting the job, he wouldve probably been there with LD, not just hanging around courting the attention of the media.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Do you believe he would have said I'm here for the vacant position at Hibernian???
The post is available and he may fancy throwing his hat in the ring, it shows up well in any interview if you've done some background work!
Not sure I would fancy him here though, no Scottish football credentials!!!!

Nah I’ll leave the background work to the worriers!!!!!

I don’t fancy him much either but would never write anyone off just yet.

Since452
10-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Yup. Seems like another who has their wires in a mess over the difference in standard

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Yup. Seems like another who has their wires in a mess over the difference in standard

Exactly .. his its an option comment sounds to me like 'I've failed in the arse end of English football, I had better set my sights a bit lower'

Since452
10-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Exactly .. his its an option comment sounds to me like 'I've failed in the arse end of English football, I had better set my sights a bit lower'

Aye. I'll just rock up to Scotland and get a job at the 3rd biggest supported club. Aye right on yer bike pal. He probably had his Champions League medal in his pocket just incase he bumped into Leeann

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Did he actually turn up in order to get himself in the frame the job? That would be desperate behaviour.

Iggy Pope
10-11-2019, 01:47 PM
I heard the Sportsound interview but haven’t seen the pictures. Where was he sitting, did it look remotely like the club had him there with them?

Roxyhibee
10-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Did he actually turn up in order to get himself in the frame the job? That would be desperate behaviour.

I actually think he did. Even the wink-wink vague responses seemed self contrived to make out there was something meaningful in him being there. And if that’s the case, he is, as suggested by a good few here, a d!ck of a man.

I think there’s little chance of him getting anywhere near the job, but management appointments these days are so much more random than they used to be..