PDA

View Full Version : It is amazing what a win can do !

Sammy7nil
09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
So many positive comments. All the duds are now players .
Dodige and Naismith are great even Slivka is a player :greengrin

Long may it last :aok:

scooby
09-11-2019, 09:31 PM
I find it incredible that Hecky couldn't see what was wrong, what a breath of fresh air.
I think we all feel like we've been unshackled.
Onwards and upwards.

Tricla
09-11-2019, 09:34 PM
I always believed we had good players. Just something wrong with the direction.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2019, 06:43 AM
I find it incredible that Hecky couldn't see what was wrong, what a breath of fresh air.
Onwards and upwards.

Problem is I think he probably could see it but was just too stubborn to change and do anything about it.
Post match comments from the likes of Flo and Scotty tell us a lot I think about being set up to attack and not being overloaded with instructions. Think Hecky perhaps was a bit of a thinker and overloaded the players with tactics and instructions instead of allowing them to Express themselves.

neil7908
10-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Feel good factor is definitely back. Need to stay grounded, St Johnstone are the worst team in the league but still a fabulous result and shows we have a good squad.

Real shame it's another international break coming up but hopefully that gives LD and RG time to get the right man in and have a little time with the squad.

January isn't far away either. The budget might well be shot but I'd love to see us push our limits a little and bring in a couple of players. Could really do with an energetic midfielder.

neil7908
10-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Problem is I think he probably could see it but was just too stubborn to change and do anything about it.
Post match comments from the likes of Flo and Scotty tell us a lot I think about being set up to attack and not being overloaded with instructions. Think Hecky perhaps was a bit of a thinker and overloaded the players with tactics and instructions instead of allowing them to Express themselves.

That for me is the most frustrating thing about the manager. It was plain for all to see that his system wasn't working. We also generally looked good on the few times we had two up front but he was unwilling to change. Ditto for Mallan and to a lesser extent Vela.

Nicho87
10-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Hecky got himself sacked. Stubborn. Didn’t change it. Substitutions bizarre at times looking back. We both move on.

SMAXXA
10-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Hecky got himself sacked. Stubborn. Didn’t change it. Substitutions bizarre at times looking back. We both move on.

I think this is nail on the head, he was his own downfall no one else to blame bar himself.

Jack
10-11-2019, 10:37 AM
It wasn't just the win. It was the style in which we won.

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2019, 01:05 PM
It wasn't just the win. It was the style in which we won.

Correct, along with personnel changes, and a free flowing style of play, as someone mentioned above "unshackled"

Ardenttwo
10-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Correct, along with personnel changes, and a free flowing style of play, as someone mentioned above "unshackled"

Not seeing anything about Lewie Stevenson. I thought ha was brilliant today some of his balls down the wing for Flo to run on to were excellent. Head their defence terrified Maybe FLO overdid the stopovers a wee bit but otherwise had a great game also.

Since452
10-11-2019, 01:30 PM
All of a sudden things look positive again. A group of players who I'd said for a while were capable of giving someone a hiding finally clicked. Set up the right way, with the right system. Doidge off the mark, Gray and McGregor both back in contention, Boyle getting minutes, new manager incoming. Exciting times ahead!

hibeerealist
10-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Onwards and upwards.

That was his problem it was staring him in the face yet he could not or even would not, CHANGE!

Cost him his job.

Keith_M
10-11-2019, 02:42 PM
So many positive comments. All the duds are now players .
Dodige and Naismith are great even Slivka is a player :greengrin

Long may it last :aok:

The thing is, it was more than just a win, it was the manner in which we won (and played).

Aside from a few, fleeting moments, that's not the same Hibs I've been watching the last few months.

Ronniekirk
10-11-2019, 06:09 PM
The thing is, it was more than just a win, it was the manner in which we won (and played).

Aside from a few, fleeting moments, that's not the same Hibs I've been watching the last few months.

Agree Glad I made the trip Never an easy hunting ground , but we took them start at times and should of scored more
Expected the Team to get. Lift with Heck away But that level of performance was something no one could of predicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk