PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Apologies if this is in contravention of rules/regulations of the forum, please feel free to remove if this is the case.

Some of you may be aware that my wife gave birth to our daughter on Wednesday morning. Ailish Rintoul was born 15 weeks early, weighing a minuscule 1lb.

Given how early she was, and her tiny weight, she will be spending the foreseeable future in University Hospital Wishaw Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

As a result of the above, I've a Hibs season ticket for sale to any Hibee/masochist that might be interested.

Given Ailish's early arrival, and the news that Ailish will be in hospital for many months, I no longer have the time to attend games. The added expenses involved in daily hospital visits etc means any additional income at present would also be welcome.

The season ticket is still valid for at least 13 more home league games this season (possibly 14 given allocation of fixtures after the split) and will also provide the holder with first opportunity to buy tickets for away Edinburgh derbies and potential cup semi-final/final fixtures (no laughing at the back!).

Would be looking for £200 ono and that will give the holder a saving of circa £10 per fixture.

Feel free to message me should you be interested.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
I've got one mate, so I'm not interested, but I hope the wee one, you and the wife are ok.

wallpaperman
09-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Best wishes to all of you at what must be a horrendously worrying time.

Hope the result today gave you a tiny bit of relief, if only for a minute.

Might be worth contacting the club or Leanne Dempster, they may be extremely sympathetic in the circumstances?

Sergey
09-11-2019, 07:51 PM
You should donate any income to University Hospital Wishaw Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

Good luck :agree:

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 07:54 PM
You should donate any income to University Hospital Wishaw Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

Thanks Sergey, have already started a seperate fundraiser for them. I'm in absolute awe of them and all that they do.

Jones28
09-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Chorley, if you can find the time to organise it I’ll happily donate a few quid to the unit. I’ve a 6 month old girl so my time is limited too but I can’t imagine what you guys are all going through. Thought are with you all.

CMurdoch
09-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Best Wishes to you all.
Hope things improve as quickly as possible:hug:

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Best wishes to all of you at what must be a horrendously worrying time.

Hope the result today gave you a tiny bit of relief, if only for a minute.

Might be worth contacting the club or Leanne Dempster, they may be extremely sympathetic in the circumstances?

Thanks mate, did have a chuckle when I checked the full-time results. In a week of enormous shocks that was just another. Did whisper to Ailish that the results wont always be this good. 🤣

Lancs Harp
09-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Very best wishes fella to you , your family and of course the little one.

the tornadoe
09-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Very best wishes fella to you , your family and of course the little one.

Just a wee note to say my boy was born at 24 weeks and weighed just over 1lb. He is now just over 6ft and eating me out of house and home !! Just started 5th year at school after passing all his exams and yes He was there with me at Hampden on that day..
It's a tough time for you and your family just now not knowing how to think / behave / what the future holds... Hopefully you are as lucky as we were bud and give the wee one all your love.. sometimes that's all they need.

Kaff
09-11-2019, 09:19 PM

Don't think it's our place to tell him how to spend his money, bit odd?

All the best Chorley and hope your family thrive from here on, you've got your priorities right and you'll be back with another season ticket holder before too long👍

Sammy7nil
09-11-2019, 09:24 PM

Very strange post the guy has just said he needs help funding hospital visits etc. Give him a break.

Good luck i hope all goes well.

Pinkie
09-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Apologies if this is in contravention of rules/regulations of the forum, please feel free to remove if this is the case.

Some of you may be aware that my wife gave birth to our daughter on Wednesday morning. Ailish Rintoul was born 15 weeks early, weighing a minuscule 1lb.

Given how early she was, and her tiny weight, she will be spending the foreseeable future in University Hospital Wishaw Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

As a result of the above, I've a Hibs season ticket for sale to any Hibee/masochist that might be interested.

Given Ailish's early arrival, and the news that Ailish will be in hospital for many months, I no longer have the time to attend games. The added expenses involved in daily hospital visits etc means any additional income at present would also be welcome.

The season ticket is still valid for at least 13 more home league games this season (possibly 14 given allocation of fixtures after the split) and will also provide the holder with first opportunity to buy tickets for away Edinburgh derbies and potential cup semi-final/final fixtures (no laughing at the back!).

Would be looking for £200 ono and that will give the holder a saving of circa £10 per fixture.

Feel free to message me should you be interested.

I'm not able to get to games at the moment so not in the market for the ticket but I just wanted to wish you, your wife and the wee one all the very best.

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.

As someone who goes to most home and away games, a decision like this is difficult, but as someone mentioned earlier - your priorities change overnight.

I'd also like to say, that as one of the more vocal critics of our board/club, it's only correct that I'm equally as vocal when they do something charitable.

With that in mind, Kenny Millar has kindly reached out to me offering a free subscription to Hibs TV to keep up to date with games etc. I'm extremely grateful, and both my wife and I are touched by such a kind gesture.

However, I'm not so sure the staff in NICU will be as pleased given my recent outbursts at performances. 🤣

Thank you once again.

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 10:08 PM
Don't think it's our place to tell him how to spend his money, bit odd?

All the best Chorley and hope your family thrive from here on, you've got your priorities right and you'll be back with another season ticket holder before too long👍

I'm sure there was no offence intended Kaff, and thanks for your kind words.

I also understand that people may think it's right the money goes to somewhere like Wishaw NICU, and as mentioned earlier - I've already set up a separate fund raising page for just that.

It's only when a situation such as this arrives that you realise the effect it has on your life, and virtually every penny is a prisoner right now.

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 10:09 PM
Very strange post the guy has just said he needs help funding hospital visits etc. Give him a break.

Good luck i hope all goes well.

Thanks Sammy, one of the things that is helping me hold it together right now is the dream of taking Ailish to Easter Road for the first time.

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Chorley, if you can find the time to organise it I’ll happily donate a few quid to the unit. I’ve a 6 month old girl so my time is limited too but I can’t imagine what you guys are all going through. Thought are with you all.

Thanks mate, will send you a link to the fundraiser I have set up specifically.

Jones28
09-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Thanks mate, will send you a link to the fundraiser I have set up specifically.

Please do, I’d be happy to share it on social media as well, if that’s all ok with you.

monktonharp
10-11-2019, 12:00 AM
I'm sure there was no offence intended Kaff, and thanks for your kind words.

I also understand that people may think it's right the money goes to somewhere like Wishaw NICU, and as mentioned earlier - I've already set up a separate fund raising page for just that.

It's only when a situation such as this arrives that you realise the effect it has on your life, and virtually every penny is a prisoner right now.best wishes to you, your wife and wee ailish at this time mate

jellybean
10-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.

As someone who goes to most home and away games, a decision like this is difficult, but as someone mentioned earlier - your priorities change overnight.

I'd also like to say, that as one of the more vocal critics of our board/club, it's only correct that I'm equally as vocal when they do something charitable.

With that in mind, Kenny Millar has kindly reached out to me offering a free subscription to Hibs TV to keep up to date with games etc. I'm extremely grateful, and both my wife and I are touched by such a kind gesture.

However, I'm not so sure the staff in NICU will be as pleased given my recent outbursts at performances. 🤣

Thank you once again.

What a lovely gesture. Best wishes to you all, and welcome to Ailish - another Hibee for our family.👍

Chorley Hibee
10-11-2019, 08:56 AM
What a lovely gesture. Best wishes to you all, and welcome to Ailish - another Hibee for our family.👍

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Chorley Hibee
10-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Please see link below should anyone be interested in contributing towards the incredible work the University Hospital Wishaw NICU undertake.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/daniel-rintoul-ailish?utm_term=pp3GXNbqp

Chorley Hibee
10-11-2019, 10:36 AM
If admins could show me how to paste the link correctly then it would be much appreciated.

flash
10-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Good luck CH. My great niece was born seriously premature and weighing about 2 pounds. She is now sitting across from me playing on the I pad a beautiful healthy 6 year old lassie.

matty_f
10-11-2019, 11:02 AM
If admins could show me how to paste the link correctly then it would be much appreciated.

Fixed it for you. :aok:

Chorley Hibee
10-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Link now on the thread mate, much appreciated.

Keith_M
10-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Hi, did you get a buyer for your ST?

Juice-Terry
10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
All the very best to you, the missus, and - especially - the wee lassie. GGTTH!

Chorley Hibee
10-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Hi, did you get a buyer for your ST?

Hi Keith, not yet.

Allant1981
10-11-2019, 07:06 PM
All the best with the wee one, with a 5 week old who had some difficulties arriving can appreciate how you are feeling at this time, already have a ST but hopefully someone takes or off your hands

Kaff
10-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Hi Chorley, what stand is it in and I assume we can change with the club, if necessary, to another stand mid season?