PDA

View Full Version : Hallberg

04Sauzee
09-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I really like this guy, thought he was fantastic today and has been one of our better performers over the last few weeks. I wonder what he'd be like if he had a proper pre-season.

lord bunberry
09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
I really like this guy, thought he was fantastic today and has been one of our better performers over the last few weeks. I wonder what he'd be like if he had a proper pre-season.
He seems to be really enjoying being here as well which helps.

Vault Boy
09-11-2019, 09:19 PM
He keeps getting better. Best all-round midfielder at the club IMO, Scotty takes the title of most talented.

He so rarely gives the ball away and it does so much for our style of play.

09-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Another standout today alongside Doidge/Flo. I also thought Naismith was excellent

Inch joe
09-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Another standout today alongside Doidge/Flo. I also thought Naismith was excellent
Top player, never hides

Robbo6-2
10-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Said it on another thread but really like Hallberg.

He is just getting better with every game he plays.

Looks a real find. He looks very comfortable at the base of diamond.

Diclonius
10-11-2019, 02:33 PM
A very McGeouchesque player.

H18 SFR
10-11-2019, 03:12 PM
One misplaced pass yesterday and instantly demanded the ball when we got it back. Perfect attitude.

eastcoasthibby
10-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Halberg is a good midfielder good all round ability, good attitude, good technically and works hard as a team player, can't wait to see how he develops as a player with us, cos I think he is one to watch.

04Sauzee
22-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Hibs just tweeted this, if you have twitter have a look

📈| Midfielder Melker Hallberg has settled in well at Easter Road since signing in the summer.

🔙 The 24-year-old caught the eye in our last game - the 4-1 away win at St Johnstone.

✅ 100 per cent pass completion.
✅ Covered more ground than anyone else on the park. https://t.co/Ar8wju0AVJ

JohnM1875
22-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Hibs just tweeted this, if you have twitter have a look

📈| Midfielder Melker Hallberg has settled in well at Easter Road since signing in the summer.

🔙 The 24-year-old caught the eye in our last game - the 4-1 away win at St Johnstone.

✅ 100 per cent pass completion.
✅ Covered more ground than anyone else on the park. https://t.co/Ar8wju0AVJ

Impressive stuff! Let's hope he continues with those kind of performances. Been a good signing so far.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 10:57 AM
And the more he plays the better he gets

I would not be surprised if the Uglies are looking at him :confused:

Hermit Crab
22-11-2019, 10:58 AM
And the more he plays the better he gets

I would not be surprised if the Uglies are looking at him :confused:

No chance.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 11:01 AM
No chance.

Better than Kamara imho at least he moves about the park :greengrin

Vault Boy
22-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Baller, could be our saving grace this season

B.H.F.C
22-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Baller, could be our saving grace

Definitely a player in there. Still not convinced he’s the holding midfielder we need. He can do that role, I think, but I think playing that position will limit him a bit. I think he’s that box to box type who can do a bit of everything.

Vault Boy
22-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Definitely a player in there. Still not convinced he’s the holding midfielder we need. He can do that role, I think, but I think playing that position will limit him a bit. I think he’s that box to box type who can do a bit of everything.

Agreed. I think there's scope to play two BTB midfielders rather than having an out and out destroyer in our midfield. I'm not sure that Slivka is combative enough to provide that, but we'll see what happens from here.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Agreed. I think there's scope to play two BTB midfielders rather than having an out and out destroyer in our midfield. I'm not sure that Slivka is combative enough to provide that, but we'll see what happens from here.

I was looking forward to Hallberg and Slivka playing together in midfield versus St Johnstone and they certainly didn’t disappoint

Vault Boy
22-11-2019, 11:17 AM
I was looking forward to Hallberg and Slivka playing together in midfield versus St Johnstone and they certainly didn’t disappoint

If they keep playing like that it'll be their position to lose Billy. :agree:

matty_f
22-11-2019, 11:23 AM
I thought he looked the part from the first game.

A good signing from the much vaunted recruitment team. :aok:

B.H.F.C
22-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Baller, could be our saving grace

Hibbyradge
22-11-2019, 11:25 AM

A good signing from the much vilified recruitment team. :aok:

Ftfy

HoboHarry
22-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Better than Kamara imho at least he moves about the park :greengrin
You know nothing. Kamara is worth 10M don't you know and English clubs are queing up for him..........

we are hibs
22-11-2019, 11:33 AM
I like what ive seen so far but i still dont think hes played in his strongest position and still dont think we have seen the best of him. Im hopeful and confident that there is more to come.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 11:36 AM
You know nothing. Kamara is worth 10M don't you know and English clubs are queing up for him..........

Entitled to my opinion Hobo after all last time I looked this was a football forum for HIBS fans to air their opinions and express their views I do not expect everyone to agree with mine

If anyone is prepared to pay 10m for Kamara good luck to them and then the Huns will be knocking on our door asking for Hallberg who once he is fully fit will be the box to box player we have been crying out for since SJM left

But hey I know nothing? :confused:

Edit:

Was that a whoosh moment?

Barman Stanton
22-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Entitled to my opinion Hobo after all last time I looked this was a football forum for HIBS fans to air their opinions and express their views I do not expect everyone to agree with mine

If anyone is prepared to pay 10m for Kamara good luck to them and then the Huns will be knocking on our door asking for Hallberg who once he is fully fit will be the box to box player we have been crying out for since SJM left

But hey I know nothing? :confused:

I think you might have missed the sarcasm there Billy.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 11:42 AM
I think you might have missed the sarcasm there Billy.

No spotted it!

Whoosh!

badabing67
22-11-2019, 11:44 AM
I like what ive seen so far but i still dont think hes played in his strongest position and still dont think we have seen the best of him. Im hopeful and confident that there is more to come.

I'm confident he will become a full International during his time at Hibs

HoboHarry
22-11-2019, 11:44 AM
No spotted it!

Whoosh!
WWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH..............................................

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2019, 11:51 AM
WWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH..............................................

:greengrin

Aye!

You got me

Stitched up like a kipper :greengrin

HoboHarry
22-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Aye!

You got me

Stitched up like a kipper :greengrin
Sorry mate, wasn't my intent. Just doing what I enjoy doing - mocking anything to do with Sevco :greengrin

J-C
22-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Let the recruitment team do their bit and Hallberg is the type they provide, proper player.

Brightside
22-11-2019, 12:12 PM

A good signing from the much vaunted recruitment team. :aok:

Anything good - recruitment team.
Anything bad - manager.

.Net fact.

Vault Boy
22-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Anything bad - manager.

.Net fact.

Pretty sure the recruitment team have gotten it tight on here plenty of times in recent months, don't think that stands up.

1 8 7 5
22-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Let the recruitment team do their bit and Hallberg is the type they provide, proper player.

Agree.

Its a part of the world I think Hibernian should look into more.

Peevemor
22-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure the recruitment team have gotten it tight on here plenty of times in recent months, don't think that stands up.

It's a cyclical thing.

MrRobot
22-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Hallberg is quality.

Godsahibby
22-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Hallberg looks a properly good footballer and he is only going to improve.

neil7908
22-11-2019, 01:07 PM

Yup. They definitely got caught up in the anger around Hecky. It was sack the manager, sack LD, sack RG and sack the recruitment team. In that order.

jacomo
22-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Anything bad - manager.

.Net fact.

Put forward the opposing argument then. Ron should have kept Hecky and emptied everyone else?

ian cruise
22-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Put forward the opposing argument then. Ron should have kept Hecky and emptied everyone else?

I don't think that's the point. Point is we have a recruitment structure and all of the players will have gone via the same scrutiny. Identified by someone (in team, manager, agent recommendations), recruitment team will scout and analyse, other options will also be considered, manager advises who he wants as his number one choice, recruitment team work to bring said player in.

Some will be a success, some will not. It's not as simple as "the bad players were down to Heckingbottom", hey we don't even know they're bad players yet. Look at Doidge and Newell in a system that suited them.

matty_f
22-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Ftfy

It was meant as a wee 'nod' to those who use that phrase sarcastically anyway, to be fair. :greengrin

matty_f
22-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Anything bad - manager.

.Net fact.

:agree:

MyJo
22-11-2019, 02:13 PM
Anything bad - manager.

.Net fact.

clearly it must have been Heckingbottom, a man who spent his entire playing and coaching career in England before signing for us, who identified the Swedish player who had been playing in Sweden, Italy, Denmark and Norway :dunno:

thegaffer12
22-11-2019, 02:52 PM
He's a player that I look forward to seeing in matches. That goal against Celtic will do wonders for his confidence too.

Stuart93
22-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Hes the pick of the bunch 100%

Good player

04Sauzee
23-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Still love this boy what a player he's looking

Wilson
23-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Yup. They definitely got caught up in the anger around Hecky. It was sack the manager, sack LD, sack RG and sack the recruitment team. In that order.

Hecky got the heat as manager. People were arguing until they were blue in the face that it was too early to judge Hecky so focus turned to the signings. Which leads to attention turning to who was responsible for the signings.

The fact is something wasn't working. We were underachieving massively. Not just underachieving - regressing as far as anyone could see. And in the face of all the frustration there was an inability to change on Heckingbottom's part and silence from those running the club.

The fans will always question everything and everyone until somebody comes up with the right answer - an entertaining and winning hibs side.

Brightside
23-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I don't think that's the point. Point is we have a recruitment structure and all of the players will have gone via the same scrutiny. Identified by someone (in team, manager, agent recommendations), recruitment team will scout and analyse, other options will also be considered, manager advises who he wants as his number one choice, recruitment team work to bring said player in.

Some will be a success, some will not. It's not as simple as "the bad players were down to Heckingbottom", hey we don't even know they're bad players yet. Look at Doidge and Newell in a system that suited them.
Spot on. The recruitment team and Lennon wanted Vela. But I’m sure he will go down as a Hecky signing. It’s a collective. Some work some don’t.

stoneyburn hibs
23-11-2019, 06:58 PM
He's getting ever more impressive.
Made a couple of errors today, one that nearly let them in but again over the piece he puts in a shift and is definitely a starter.

judas
23-11-2019, 07:06 PM
There are two threads with this title.

Mods? My posts have been merged for lesser commonalities 😬