PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Lewiehas2
09-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Not seen a thread on his performance today but that was Flo back to his best. Almost untouchable at times. Their defenders will be having nightmares tonight. So unlucky not to get the goal he deserved!

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Brilliant today he had a call up or something? 😂

04Sauzee
09-11-2019, 07:07 PM
That's what does my thrupnies in about Kamberi, he was absolutely fantastic today, he needs to play like this much more often. Great game today.

The 90+2
09-11-2019, 07:08 PM

Harry Kewell scouting for Young Boys?

B.H.F.C
09-11-2019, 07:09 PM

Na, he just had someone up front with him which meant he could play instead of having to fight with two centre halves.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Great to see Doidge get his goals at last but Flo was my man of the match.

Scooter
09-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Absolutely outstanding, best player on the park

CloudSquall
09-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Amazing what happens when we're not lumping balls uo to a lone striker up against 4 defenders by themselves.

Heckys Wheel
09-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Great performance today. Must be time to impress a new manager.

Whoever we bring in will have to be very careful around Kamberi. Say something he doesn’t like and it’ll be another run of petulant performances before the transfer window opens.

The 90+2
09-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Whoever we bring in will have to be very careful around Kamberi. Say something he doesn’t like and it’ll be another run of petulant performances before the transfer window opens.

It was a great performance from Doidge too. Maybe it’s because we went back to basics and played our best players in a system and shape that gets the best out of them?

ben johnson
09-11-2019, 07:26 PM

So far off the mark.

CockneyRebel
09-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Help ma boab!

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Or maybe a case he’s starting the game with a strike partner and has had the shackles shaken off clearly played with a smile on his face. Only criticism you can direct at him is he needs to do it more often and be more consistent

erin go bragh
09-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Really!! Change your attitude and username plz !

Callum_62
09-11-2019, 11:35 PM
I've been critical of Flo but he was superb today. Ran them ragged, worked hard, 2 assists, top performance

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
10-11-2019, 12:13 AM
We all know what he can do, but he needs to start showing us it every week!

He has so many good qualities that could see him go very far in football but he needs to add consistency to his game and get back in amongst the goals.

Looked like he really enjoyed himself today and like he was proving a point.

neil7908
10-11-2019, 05:34 AM
He's one of the best players at the club. It's been obvious for so long that the system wasn't working for him or Doidge.

InchHibby
10-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Na, he just had someone up front with him which meant he could play instead of having to fight with two centre halves.

👍👍

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Amazing what happens when we're not lumping balls uo to a lone striker up against 4 defenders by themselves.

Amazing ah??? These tactics will never catch on

Wheat Hound
10-11-2019, 09:25 AM
He was tremendous yesterday, a real class. Desperate for a goal but a lot of unselfish play. Really excited to see his partnership with Doidge flourish now.

10-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Best player at hibs

Is It On....
10-11-2019, 11:19 AM
It was a great performance from Doidge too. Maybe it’s because we went back to basics and played our best players in a system and shape that gets the best out of them?

Playing to your strengths, now that's a revolutionary thought.

Shrekko
10-11-2019, 11:58 AM
If ever there was 2 players who seemed suited to playing with each other it was Kamberi and Doidge. Second half v Celtic we seemed so much more dangerous and how it’s taken this long to pair them from the start is ridiculous.

All these modern fancy one up front formations are for world class superstars... not the SPFL. Nice basic formation with 2 strikers made an absolute world of difference. Neither of these 2 guys were suited to playing up front alone despite their different talents.

Can see things improving dramatically now.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2019, 12:03 PM
If ever there was 2 players who seemed suited to playing with each other it was Kamberi and Doidge. Second half v Celtic we seemed so much more dangerous and how it’s taken this long to pair them from the start is ridiculous.

All these modern fancy one up front formations are for world class superstars... not the SPFL. Nice basic formation with 2 strikers made an absolute world of difference. Neither of these 2 guys were suited to playing up front alone despite their different talents.

Can see things improving dramatically now.
That is so far from the truth, there are so many examples of average sides playing it and doing well. It is no harder or easier to play in than any other formation, just takes execution which we were very poor at.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Outstanding yesterday ... as was Doige. Its clear both of them benefit from being alongside a partner up front, who cares if Kamberi doesnt score ( though I'm sure he does ) so long as he sets goals up the way he did yesterday.

Peevemor
10-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Outstanding yesterday ... as was Doige. Its clear both of them benefit from being alongside a partner up front, who cares if Kamberi doesnt score ( though I'm sure he does ) so long as he sets goals up the way he did yesterday.Like any player I'm sure he'll be keen to score, but he seems delighted with his assists too. After our second yesterday, you'd think Flo had scored going by his reaction.

Argylehibby
10-11-2019, 01:11 PM

Not a call up but a pal up beside him. He is never going to be a lone striker (neither is Doidge) but with a partner up there he is excellent as he was yesterday.

Shrekko
10-11-2019, 02:03 PM
That is so far from the truth, there are so many examples of average sides playing it and doing well. It is no harder or easier to play in than any other formation, just takes execution which we were very poor at.

So far from the truth and with so many examples that you’ve not given an example?

That’s your opinion- I think the players looked very uncomfortable and not just a case of poor execution ... yet yesterday they seemed to be playing with freedom and understanding.

I’m sorry - I think many folk agree that football has become overly complicated by ‘modern’ coaches like Heckingbottom. At the top level where there are fewer technical errors I can understand why coaches make it a game of chess but we need to ... as Eddie May apparently said, get back to basics.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2019, 02:31 PM
So far from the truth and with so many examples that you’ve not given an example?

That’s your opinion- I think the players looked very uncomfortable and not just a case of poor execution ... yet yesterday they seemed to be playing with freedom and understanding.

I’m sorry - I think many folk agree that football has become overly complicated by ‘modern’ coaches like Heckingbottom. At the top level where there are fewer technical errors I can understand why coaches make it a game of chess but we need to ... as Eddie May apparently said, get back to basics.

Getting back to the basics is fine, to a point. Will Hibs push on and do well in cups and Europe with a standard 442/diamond with 2 big forwards and very little pace? I dunno.

Aberdeen have generally played one forward with good success for years now, same with Clarkes Kilmarnock side. Celtic put 5 past us with 1 striker. Rangers usually rotate Defoe and Morelos. Thats just in this league.

One striker maybe isn't suited to Hibs current squad but it has had far more success than 442 at basically every level for years now.

Heckingbottom is a pretty poor example of a modern coach. If you want to be the best you have to look a little beyond the basics.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Getting back to the basics is fine, to a point. Will Hibs push on and do well in cups and Europe with a standard 442/diamond with 2 big forwards and very little pace? I dunno.

Aberdeen have generally played one forward with good success for years now, same with Clarkes Kilmarnock side. Celtic put 5 past us with 1 striker. Rangers usually rotate Defoe and Morelos. Thats just in this league.

One striker maybe isn't suited to Hibs current squad but it has had far more success than 442 at basically every level for years now.

Heckingbottom is a pretty poor example of a modern coach. If you want to be the best you have to look a little beyond the basics.

Keeping it relevant to Hibs, basically any success we’ve had post relegation has coincided with us playing two up top. Cup win, getting to the league cup final, promotion, finishing fourth. This squad is also, obviously, more suited to playing two up top.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Keeping it relevant to Hibs, basically any success we’ve had post relegation has coincided with us playing two up top. Cup win, promotion, finishing fourth. This squad is also, obviously, more suited to playing two up top.

I agree completely. Thats my point, its not the formation to blame, its our squad being ill suited to it and Hecky very poorly executing it.

H18S NX
10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Harry Kewell scouting for Young Boys?....Really? thought he was married to that Emmerdale bint!

DetroitHibs
10-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Great performance yesterday, still on the fence about him being a consistent performer for us.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Miles away from the truth.