PDA

View Full Version : Naismith

Barney McGrew
09-11-2019, 07:02 PM
No, not the horrible maroon one :greengrin

It might get lost with all the plaudits for Doige today, but Jason was my MOTM today. Totally solid from start to finish and never gave Saints wide men an inch all afternoon.

He proved the quality and ability he has, hopefully he can establish himself in the starting XI going forward from here :aok:

Wheat Hound
09-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Spot on. He was superb and looks like he's match fit now. Strong, quick and tackled excellently.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Kamberi motm for me if not Doidge for his hatty. Thought Naismith was good aswell hopefully we see a settled team and they keep improving and building relationships.

No failures in today’s team for the first time in probably all season.

hfc rd
09-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Best game so far for Hibs. He was fantastic. Got an assist too.

GibbytheHibby2
09-11-2019, 07:09 PM
He was hard as nails in that first half especially. Really enjoyed watching him today.

HibbySpurs
09-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Yep, great performance, tough tackling and a good ball to Flo in the build up to the second

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Actually think he's been good since coming in, found people calling him awful very bizarre. He was David Gray without the glass legs today. Excellent.

skyhibs
09-11-2019, 07:19 PM
I thought they were all fantastic and shows what two up front can do... imagine if playing two up front most week where would we be... my only worry was Newell.. don’t think he was great today

hfc rd
09-11-2019, 07:22 PM
I thought they were all fantastic and shows what two up front can do... imagine if playing two up front most week where would we be... my only worry was Newell.. don’t think he was great today

Disagree. I’ve been one of Joe Newell’s biggest critics on here but even I have to hold my hands up and say he worked hard today and was unlucky not to have scored two goals today as well. Much better than what we’ve seen from him so far.

Shrekko
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM
No failures today but think most people agreeing that Doidge, Kamberi and Naismith the stand outs.

I kind of knew the front 2 would do well if ever paired but Naismith’s performance was a massive bonus for many reasons. I thought he was absolutely top drawer.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM

He played well nothing wrong with his performance today, won’t get a fair assessment from some who have made their mind up on him imo

Hiber-nation
09-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Naismith was excellent today. Could've done with him last week.

Roxyhibee
09-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Best defenders performance i’ve seen in a Hibs shirt for a long while. Authoritive, aggressive, decisiveness and a really good footballer.

If he’s that good, we’ve got a real replacement for SDG.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Good to hear that he played well, what I've seen of him at ER was that he drifts so far away from right back for long periods .

B.H.F.C
09-11-2019, 07:47 PM
In the first half, probably noticed it just because he was playing in front of us, he didn’t just want to tackle the winger. He wanted to smash them out of the ground, every time. I liked that.

Ozyhibby
09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
I like Naismith as I wanted us to sign him from Ross County. Hope he comes good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
In the first half, probably noticed it just because he was playing in front of us, he didn’t just want to tackle the winger. He wanted to smash them out of the ground, every time. I liked that.

Yeah I noticed that it’s that great art for a dirty ******* wait that extra second until you put the tackle in for maximum smashidge 😂

green with envy
09-11-2019, 07:55 PM
No, not the horrible maroon one :greengrin

It might get lost with all the plaudits for Doige today, but Jason was my MOTM today. Totally solid from start to finish and never gave Saints wide men an inch all afternoon.

He proved the quality and ability he has, hopefully he can establish himself in the starting XI going forward from here :aok:

He would have been mine too but it had to be Doidge for his hat trick.

The 90+2
09-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Newell worked his socks off. It couldn’t be easy for him being in and out of squads and the boy who brings you to a new country gets punted. Good show of faith from management today and it was justified.

Naismith was outstanding today. Solid at the back and brilliant going forward, great determination to link with Flo’ before the second.

Roxyhibee
09-11-2019, 07:58 PM

😂 He had them shttng themselves to take him on after a few of those brilliant tackles. If they ran away, he followed them right up their @rses, all the way to the touch line sometimes. Hibs need defenders of this standard so badly.

Unseen work
09-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Some of his defending in 1 v 1 scenarios was fantastic. Stood up and stood his ground, was solid and looked like their winger was running out of ideas.

erin go bragh
09-11-2019, 08:56 PM
Actually think he's been good since coming in, found people calling him awful very bizarre. He was David Gray without the glass legs today. Excellent.

Hang your head ( no pun ) in shame . Sir David G is a immortal Cup sinning Legend.
Yes Naismith was good today but cmon, he’s got a fair bit to go until he reaches SDG status. 👍

Vault Boy
09-11-2019, 09:09 PM
We should be trying to keep him permanently IMO. Proven at this level, the perfect age and experience to replace the immortal Sir Dave IMO. (not as club captain of course)

Clarence
09-11-2019, 09:23 PM
Flo’s comment were really telling in the post match interview when he said the players were told to do basic stuff, not complicated stuff today. I think PHeckingbottom told the defenders to stand off attackers rather than commit to a good hearty tackle. It was probably a big relief to them to just go out and do what comes naturally.

Heisenberg
09-11-2019, 09:28 PM
We should be trying to keep him permanently IMO. Proven at this level, the perfect age and experience to replace the immortal Sir Dave IMO. (not as club captain of course)

I agree. We could get years out of Naismith, although a good season here could have Peterborough pricing us out of a move.

FifeHibs
09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
It makes such a difference when a defender tackles rather than "jockey" the winger

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2019, 09:52 PM
It makes such a difference when a defender tackles rather than "jockey" the winger

That is true today but against good wingers who will skin you if you dive in? Not so much. Its about defending each situation properly, both are important at different times. Main thing today was the help the midfield offered, allowing the fullbacks to be aggressive.

FifeHibs
09-11-2019, 09:58 PM
That is true today but against good wingers who will skin you if you dive in? Not so much. Its about defending each situation properly, both are important at different times. Main thing today was the help the midfield offered, allowing the fullbacks to be aggressive.

I appreciate that but James would happily Jockey his winger from the half way line to the 18 yard box.
Naismith looks more solid and is a very big body to have in the box.

out of curiosity who would you prefer at right back?

Also the fullbacks seemed to have more cover that Horgan and Mallan weren't on the wings.

cracking result at a venue which has been difficult for many a year

hibeerealist
09-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Agree, he was superb today.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2019, 11:59 PM
I appreciate that but James would happily Jockey his winger from the half way line to the 18 yard box.

Also the fullbacks seemed to have more cover that Horgan and Mallan weren't on the wings.

I prefer Naismith because I think he's a better player, especially physically, but that isn't because of James style. The best fullbacks do both well.

eastcoasthibby
10-11-2019, 03:39 PM

Think we are very well covered at right back all 3 vying for one position ...James can cover left back as well, I think he is a really decent player great passer and reading of the game, needs to get a grip on the physical side of the game up her and could well succeed Lewis ..!!

Great point about the better cover from midfield with no Mallan or Horgan a lot more solid and more of a presence, Mallan maybe a good footballer but he has been like a man short in every game this season he has played ...just not got the mobility or physical presence to play in a midfield role as a starter ..sub yes but that's about it !!

DetroitHibs
10-11-2019, 03:44 PM
I agree. We could get years out of Naismith, although a good season here could have Peterborough pricing us out of a move.

If his form continues, it makes a lot more sense to try and tie up a deal for him in January, rather than wait. Don’t want another situation in the summer playing cat and mouse.

RyeSloan
10-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Good to hear that he played well, what I've seen of him at ER was that he drifts so far away from right back for long periods .

He didn’t that against Ross County so many times I lost count.

Yesterday he was much more disciplined and coped with their winger very well.

Must admit though that while he played very well I kind of always thought he was gonna get skinned or half the boy with a late lunge. But on each occasion he proved me wrong by somehow getting a great block in or a toe to the ball.

So aye he contributed a lot yesterday but let’s just say I’m not convinced yet.

FifeHibs
10-11-2019, 05:32 PM
He didn’t that against Ross County so many times I lost count.

Yesterday he was much more disciplined and coped with their winger very well.

Must admit though that while he played very well I kind of always thought he was gonna get skinned or half the boy with a late lunge. But on each occasion he proved me wrong by somehow getting a great block in or a toe to the ball.

So aye he contributed a lot yesterday but let’s just say I’m not convinced yet.

Thoughthe played well yesterday. Made allot of blocks, he probably set tw tone with a big tackle in the corner at the beginning of the game. The tackle seemed to lift the crowd and the players.

At times I thought he looked a tad slow, maybe it Ian because he is such a big lad though.

Later in the game he had some very good runs with the ball in to St Johnstone half.