PDA

View Full Version : Slivka + Hallberg

RossScott1991
09-11-2019, 04:51 PM
For those at the game today , how did those two do playing together today? Did they compliment each other well in defending and getting forward?

Andy74
09-11-2019, 04:55 PM
For those at the game today , how did those two do playing together today? Did they compliment each other well in defending and getting forward?

There were 4 in midfield.

Hallberg sat deeper and Slivka, Newell and Allan played ahead with Allan largely through the middle of the other two. It worked well and they all seemed to be able to get up the pitch and rotated well.

Slivka probably didn’t do as much as the others but still getting fit.

elevengoats
09-11-2019, 05:00 PM
I think Slivka was good. A few misplaced passes but overall offers way more than Vela.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Slivka is a much better player than Vela and Mallan.

truehibernian
09-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Hallberg sat deeper and Slivka, Newell and Allan played ahead with Allan largely through the middle of the other two. It worked well and they all seemed to be able to get up the pitch and rotated well.

He's (Slivka) not the goal threat but far more athletic than Mallan and has physical presence - gave the midfield more balance and composure. Slivka is a very talented footballer in my opinion. Hopefully gives Mallan a kick up the backside that he needs to develop his all round game more - he's a top player but too complacent and switches off too easily.

I was a huge critic of Newell but he deserves a lot of plaudits today too :aok: unlucky not to have a couple of goals himself.

hfc rd
09-11-2019, 05:07 PM

It looked like a 4-1-3-2 formation with Hallberg deeper and Slivka further forward.

I thought Newell was very good today. Worked hard and unlucky not to have 2 goals for himself.

smithy_hibees
09-11-2019, 05:16 PM
He's (Slivka) not the goal threat but far more athletic than Mallan and has physical presence - gave the midfield more balance and composure. Slivka is a very talented footballer in my opinion. Hopefully gives Mallan a kick up the backside that he needs to develop his all round game more - he's a top player but too complacent and switches off too easily.

I was a huge critic of Newell but he deserves a lot of plaudits today too :aok: unlucky not to have a couple of goals himself.

Mallan a top player?

truehibernian
09-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Mallan a top player?

I think he is especially if he develops his all-round game - the defensive aspect needs a lot of work but he is a good player and has a good goal return.

Jones28
09-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Diamond or a flat 3?

Andy74
09-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Diamond or a flat 3?

More of a flat 3 ahead of Hallberg.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Diamond for me

Speedway
09-11-2019, 05:36 PM
I’ve waved a flag for Slivka since he debuted for us.

I admit he has underperformed and not been effective for much of his time with us but I still think he’s a player. Very technically gifted.

Andy74
09-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Diamond for me

It wasn’t really. The 3 played in a line when setting up. Allan was often back in full back positions linking up, certainly wasn’t always ahead of the other 2 and Newell and Slivka weren’t as narrow as they’d be in a diamond.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2019, 05:40 PM
I think he is especially if he develops his all-round game - the defensive aspect needs a lot of work but he is a good player and has a good goal return.

He had a good goal return. Poor for the last year.

He offers nothing when he isn't scoring. I just don't see it at all. Slivka is definitely better.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 05:45 PM
It wasn’t really. The 3 played in a line when setting up. Allan was often back in full back positions linking up, certainly wasn’t always ahead of the other 2 and Newell and Slivka weren’t as narrow as they’d be in a diamond.

Playing a diamond doesn’t mean the one at the top stands ahead of the others at all times especially when setting up. Setting up like that would be daft lol, see how far advanced Allan was when the game was live and when attacking compared to the other 3 and this was 100% a diamond formation albeit Allan didn’t get a free reign to just cheat as such.

Either way we are splitting hairs as both set ups can be similar depending on instructions.

truehibernian
09-11-2019, 05:45 PM
He had a good goal return. Poor for the last year.

He offers nothing when he isn't scoring. I just don't see it at all. Slivka is definitely better.

Don't disagree with you MW - I've always rated Slivka and the lack of run of games, coupled with injuries and played in different positions has affected his development. Slivka is a very good footballer.

Jones28
09-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys

Potty78
09-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Team looked well balanced today, hallberg over vila, allan over mallan slivka slotted in well. No negatives from me today👍

Carheenlea
09-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Quite simple really - Choose one of Hallberg/Vela and Mallan/Allan and you can then bring in a bit of quality in Slivka while the side looks balanced.

bigwheel
09-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Slivka had a largely ineffectual march for me today....slow to react and lost tackles and possession....he has a lot of good attributes, and gives us some physicality yet overall our poorest performer (imho). .

That said, the benchmark was much higher than previous weeks..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HendoDelivered
09-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Hallberg is a player IMO. Vicky done a good job today.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Has Slivka been called up by Lithuania

Andy74
09-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Playing a diamond doesn’t mean the one at the top stands ahead of the others at all times especially when setting up. Setting up like that would be daft lol, see how far advanced Allan was when the game was live and when attacking compared to the other 3 and this was 100% a diamond formation albeit Allan didn’t get a free reign to just cheat as such.

Either way we are splitting hairs as both set ups can be similar depending on instructions.

A diamond is generally narrow and yes, the top of the diamond usually has a player that is more advanced of a middle 2.

It is splitting hairs but I think it’s important today because they way we set up that 3 was different to what we’ve done before and it played to the strengths of everyone.

Watching it back again and Newell and Slivka are often well ahead of Allan. I think that’s definitely Newell’s best position rather than being wide in a front 3.

Whatever we call it, it worked!

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 06:50 PM
A diamond is generally narrow and yes, the top of the diamond usually has a player that is more advanced of a middle 2.

It is splitting hairs but I think it’s important today because they way we set up that 3 was different to what we’ve done before and it played to the strengths of everyone.

Watching it back again and Newell and Slivka are often well ahead of Allan. I think that’s definitely Newell’s best position rather than being wide in a front 3.

Whatever we call it, it worked!

Yeah I agree and he’s openly said it he’s not a winger playing him narrow he looked more confident and comfortable and did well. Like you say it worked 👍

lord bunberry
09-11-2019, 06:51 PM
The challenge for Slyvka is do it again in the next game, consistency has been his biggest problem since arriving. There’s no doubt that he’s got the talent.

erin go bragh
09-11-2019, 06:52 PM

I’d guess they did no too shabby 😉😂

erin go bragh
09-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Mallan a top player?

Mallan just needs to be played further forward.
Something that Heckingbottom didn’t comprehend.

Andy74
09-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Mallan just needs to be played further forward.
Something that Heckingbottom didn’t comprehend.

Mallan could play where Slivka played today. As could Vela.

They need a chance to play in a team set up with freedom and attacking intent.

Smartie
09-11-2019, 07:03 PM

I agree that Mallan is an excellent player but I think he needs to forget about improving his all-round game, focus on what he’s good at and if he doesn’t manage to dislodge Allan from the Hibs team then find a club who will play to his strengths.

He’s not a tackler, he’s not a runner and he never will be. In the right team, he’s a very good, effective team player.

For now and whilst we have Scott Allan playing well, we’re not that team.

Robbo6-2
09-11-2019, 07:25 PM
I thot Hallberg was terrific today.

His best game yet and looks a really good signing. Getting fitter and sharper.

Carheenlea
09-11-2019, 09:45 PM
The challenge for Slyvka is do it again in the next game, consistency has been his biggest problem since arriving. There’s no doubt that he’s got the talent.

Agree with this. We all know Slivka has great quality, but too often he throws in anonymous performances which ultimately puts him back out the preferred starting line up.

B.H.F.C
09-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Better balance today. Think that was more the shape than Slivka’s performance. I thought he was the poorest of the lot.

Same team deserve to go against Motherwell so hopefully he can string a few games together and contribute.

Sammy7nil
09-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Agree with this. We all know Slivka has great quality, but too often he throws in anonymous performances which ultimately puts him back out the preferred starting line up.

TBF I am not sure we do know he has great quality, yes he has shown it a few times however he has been here a long time and never been able to hold down a starting place.