PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game on Hibs TV

Diclonius
08-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Will there be a video feed for international subscribers?

SouthMoroccoStu
08-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Yes it is

mikewynne
08-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Will there be a video feed for international subscribers?
Yes. The website says video for international subscribers.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

hhibs
08-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Yes ,though it does say it will be with St Johnstone tv commentators

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2019, 06:43 PM
this game will also be the BBC Alba game

HibeesLA
09-11-2019, 02:27 AM

Bollocks. Why can’t we get HibsTV audio married to the picture like we used to do?

Fife-Hibee
09-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Bollocks. Why can’t we get HibsTV audio married to the picture like we used to do?

I would put it down to sync issues. There's a delay between the game in real time and the stream feed. Trying to sync a different audio signal up with a delayed stream output could be problematic. Unless Hibs TV could stream directly from the source that St Johnstone TV are streaming from, thus preventing the need for a re-stream. But there may be technical reasons as to why they can't.

Big90inOz
09-11-2019, 08:56 AM
St Johnstone commentators are pretty good with balanced views if I remember from last year

Peevemor
09-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Bollocks. Why can’t we get HibsTV audio married to the picture like we used to do?We never used to get live streams of away games unless the matches were being televised live. Now Hibs TV appears to have come to an agreement with certain clubs about using their streams.

Far from moaning, I take streams such as today's very much as a bonus, regardless who's commentating.

Vault Boy
09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
St Johnstone commentators are pretty good with balanced views if I remember from last year

That's how I remember them too.

Peevemor
09-11-2019, 10:17 AM
That's how I remember them too.To be fair, the other teams' commentators are generally very good given that they're fans like any of us. They must tone things down a bit when they know that the stream's being shared.

Diclonius
09-11-2019, 10:20 AM

I usually just turn off commentary anyway.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-11-2019, 10:22 AM
We never used to get live streams of away games unless the matches were being televised live. Now Hibs TV appears to have come to an agreement with certain clubs about using their streams.

Far from moaning, I take streams such as today's very much as a bonus, regardless who's commentating.

Well said

Apart from HunTv and RedTv (Rangers and Aberdeen)
They’re terrible and bias beyond belief
All fans tv is bias but these guys can’t see past their own team

PeeJay
09-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Can't watch the game today because of the wall thing, but I enjoy hearing the comments of other clubs when watching Hibs TV when we are playing away - they usually think we are better than most Hibs fans on here on matchday ... :greengrin

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 12:36 PM
We never used to get live streams of away games unless the matches were being televised live. Now Hibs TV appears to have come to an agreement with certain clubs about using their streams.

I'm with you Peevemor, even if there is no commentary its still a huge bonus to see it live..albeit at 2 am kick off where I am.

Changed days from when I first arrived here in the 70,s and we only got the score in the 9am Sunday morning radio news.

Miss that and you had to wait until the Monday to see the result in the newspaper.

NO tv coverage at all, until the invention and appearance of the VHS video recorders, when a week or so later video tapes of the game would be delivered by the postie and shared among friends.

No satellite coverage then either and even what was then English Division one highlights were stuck on a plane at Heathrow and a week later we got it on the telly.

These young whippersnappers don't know how good they have got it now
Better go for a cup of tea and a good lie down now, gotta be ready for the 2am kick off:greengrin

Diclonius
09-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Don't know why commentary is such a big deal anyway - you don't get commentary when you're at the game. :dunno:

Peevemor
09-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Don't know why commentary is such a big deal anyway - you don't get commentary when you're at the game. :dunno:I've often thought about this. It's harder to read and follow a match on a screen than when you're in attendance. Maybe commentary helps, or at least gives you the impression that it does?

HibeesLA
09-11-2019, 02:14 PM

I don’t take them as a bonus when I’m paying £120 for them. If we never had a product, then I would take what we have, but since we used to have our commentary over the pictures, then I want what I’m used to paying for. There is no difference between a TV video stream or a club video stream.

If it’s ok with you, i’ll continue moaning to say that the website is awful and I didn’t even have a button to allow me to watch the stream. I had to log into my phone and copy the link to my laptop to watch it.

I don’t know if Hibs have outsourced to a new streaming company, but the changes have been poor.

Yes, I’ve notified the club of both concerns.

Peevemor
09-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Well if it's OK with you I'll disagree.

We're guaranteed live streams of home games. That's it.

Anything else is a bonus.

Moan if you want, I don't care.

Diclonius
09-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Stream was great today, never cut out once nor did the video quality go down.

Peevemor
09-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Stream was great today, never cut out once nor did the video quality go down.Perfect for me too which is surprising given that it's been pishing down all afternoon and my wifi is dodgy at the best of times.