PDA

View Full Version : LD pre match press conference

WhileTheChief..
08-11-2019, 03:46 PM
https://youtu.be/YmzAR4YIaG8

Bob Box Fish
08-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Interesting that she still perceives the summer transfer window as being successful and we just need a bit more depth.

Three poor successive windows and a lack of succession planning looks more like we need the best part of a squad rebuild.

As a minimum I would say:

Central defensive midfielder
Two strikers
Left back
Right back
Centre back

Lago
08-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Recruitment was ok with only a few gaps, maybe Hecky wasn't to blame.

Iain G
08-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Interesting that she still perceives the summer transfer window as being successful and we just need a bit more depth.

Three poor successive windows and a lack of succession planning looks more like we need the best part of a squad rebuild.

Two strikers
Left back
Right back
Centre back

We need that deep sitting midfielder who can break up play and protect the defence, unless we get a.amage who works out three at the back will work with what we have!

And yes we need a striker.

We have Four right backs and no one to challenge Lewis. That needs rebalanced.

Since452
08-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Be interesting to see if another manager gets more out of the players

Cataplana
08-11-2019, 04:31 PM
We need that deep sitting midfielder who can break up play and protect the defence, unless we get a.amage who works out three at the back will work with what we have!

And yes we need a striker.

We have Four right backs and no one to challenge Lewis. That needs rebalanced.

Is that what people call The Matty Jack Role?

bingo70
08-11-2019, 04:31 PM
She’s just trying to defend the new signings as she’s got to do really.

No good would come from her chucking them under the bus now.

JimBHibees
08-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Thought she answered the questions very well. Glad she is at the club.

Smartie
08-11-2019, 04:35 PM
The centre of midfield is a mess.

It’s failure is piling pressure on other departments which under normal circumstances should be fine.

There’s not one signing that we made over the summer that I have written off as not being good enough (Vela’s been the biggest disappointment, I quite like Newell in spite of the fact he seems hot and cold).

My biggest fear with a new manager coming in is that he takes a while to suss out what Mallan can’t do. It’s cost the last 2 managers a lot of points and we need someone who is prepared to make difficult decisions there soon.

HendoDelivered
08-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Press noticeably persistent with the sacked/sacking patter.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2019, 04:37 PM
I disagreed with a lot she said about our recruitment, we spent a lot of our budget on players who will never be good enough to take Hibs into a side that will challenge for 3rd or 4th.

James nowhere near good enough and not as good as the man he's replaced. David Gray.

Jackson, an average player no better than Hanlon who's been poor most of the season.

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Naismith, a slow ponderous full back who's as average as you can get, and James it seems is keeping him out.

Middleton, average, done very little since signing, thank god Boyle is back.

Hallberg looks the best of the bunch, pass marks along with Maxwell.:thumbsup:

Doidge, a non scoring centre forward, we needed another one of them.:rolleyes:

The team needs more than luck and tweaks Leanne, but i'd not expect you to come out and say we were pish and had recruited pish.

HendoDelivered
08-11-2019, 04:38 PM
I disagreed with a lot she said about our recruitment, we spent a lot of our budget on players who will never be good enough to take Hibs into a side that will challenge for 3rd or 4th.

James nowhere near good enough and not as good as the man he's replaced. David Gray.

Jackson, an average player no better than Hanlon who's been poor most of the season.

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Naismith, a slow ponderous full back who's as average as you can get, and James it seems is keeping him out.

The team needs more than luck and tweaks Leanne, but i'd not expect you to come out and say we were pish and had recruited pish.
Can’t argue with that tbh.

One Day Soon
08-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Yes. How many of those players would we feel we would absolutely not want to lose from ER for next season? Hallberg maybe? The rest are completely dispensable.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Manager before the end of the month - to it could be a lot sooner than that. I think we know exactly who we want and are waiting on a response.

Onceinawhile
08-11-2019, 04:41 PM

I think these two are slightly unfair.

He's not as good as SDG, but I think he's only replace him because SDG hasn't been fit. I also don't think he's nowhere near good enough. He's not good enough, agreed, but I don't think he's absolutely Honking.

R.e. Jackson, I actually quite like him. The games I've seen him play (admittedly not too many) I think he's been the better CB and I'd rather have him and Porto as a pairing than any other fit combination at the moment.

bingo70
08-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Can’t argue with that tbh.

Neither would I but you can’t expect Dempster to come out and say that.

She’s got to back the people at the club and hope the new manager can get a tune out of them.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2019, 04:43 PM
I think these two are slightly unfair.

He's not as good as SDG, but I think he's only replace him because SDG hasn't been fit. I also don't think he's nowhere near good enough. He's not good enough, agreed, but I don't think he's absolutely Honking.

R.e. Jackson, I actually quite like him. The games I've seen him play (admittedly not too many) I think he's been the better CB and I'd rather have him and Porto as a pairing than any other fit combination at the moment.

For me James looks slow and overall bang average. Jackson i think looks fine without been a genuine upgrade.

Vault Boy
08-11-2019, 04:46 PM
She’s just trying to defend the new signings as she’s got to do really.

No good would come from her chucking them under the bus now.

Spot on

Hibeewilly
08-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Hallberg looks the best of the bunch, pass marks along with Maxwell.[emoji106]

The team needs more than luck and tweaks Leanne, but i'd not expect you to come out and say we were pish and had recruited pish.Spot on Blackpool my thoughts entirely

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Smartie
08-11-2019, 04:52 PM
James did fine against Celtic at Easter Road then had an absolute nightmare at Hampden. I'm not generally a fan of fullbacks who think defending is about "jockeying", formative years spent watching Gordon Hunter and Willie Miller tackling has shaped my expectations.

Once again, he looked at his worst when he had Mallan playing in front of him.

Great shot though.

I'd be inclined to give Jackson a shot as the defensive midfielder. We need someone in there who can win the ball back, and I'd like Hallberg to have a bit of freedom to play higher up the park. Jackson's a decent passer and is comfortable on the ball for a big defender, there is a wee bit of the Matty Jack about him.

yerauldda
08-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Manager before the end of the month - to it could be a lot sooner than that. I think we know exactly who we want and are waiting on a response.

Yep and her answers to the Jack Ross questioning makes me think it's him.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Watching that I could hear her say that the recruitment was fine but I think anyone watching it knows that she knows the recruitment was far from fine. Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit.
Either way, it needs fixed pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
08-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Yep and her answers to the Jack Ross questioning makes me think it's him.

I’m just taking her at face value.

I think he’s likely to be one of a number of candidates being considered.

I’m sure we’ll speak to him and some others. I think he’ll get the job in the end but I doubt it’s as far down the line as many are saying now.

Unseen work
08-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Good interview imo, seemed a lot like her old self.

Whilst the summer signings haven’t turned out to be great I like how she handled the question. I really think a couple of them will kick on once we get playing with more confidence and get a better balance about us plus 1 or 2 players added.

I see James taking a lot of stick lately but imo he’s a good player, technically he is very very good but needs to learn to press and get in the wingers face a lot quicker than giving him space to run at him. He’s still only 23 so has plenty time to learn and given this is his first season at this level I think he will learn a lot.

Hallberg and Maxwell seem good if not brilliant but again I think with Hallberg we can expect a lot more.

08-11-2019, 05:16 PM
I’m just taking her at face value.

I think he’s likely to be one of a number of candidates being considered.

I’m sure we’ll speak to him and some others. I think he’ll get the job in the end but I doubt it’s as far down the line as many are saying now.

Inclined to agree with this. Sounds like we're not going to rush but if we feel someone is the right guy e.g. JR and he is keen, then negotiations could move swiftly, if the agent doesn't d*ck us around.

Onion
08-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Excellent mid-term report. Total detach between our aspirations (Europe) and execution.

Onion
08-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Watching that I could hear her say that the recruitment was fine but I think anyone watching it knows that she knows the recruitment was far from fine. Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit.
Either way, it needs fixed pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the recruitment was fine, then PH would still be with us. Pound for pound, the worst summer window we've had in many years and anyone calling it any other way is either deluded or making stuff up.

HibbyAndy
08-11-2019, 05:24 PM
If the recruitment was fine, then PH would still be with us. Pound for pound, the worst summer window we've had in many years and anyone calling it any other way is either deluded or making stuff up.

:agree:

Been a shocking transfer window , Signed utter drivel

Iain G
08-11-2019, 05:27 PM

I call it the Jarkko Wiss role....

J-C
08-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Good interview.

She isn't going to come out and say both management and his players are *****, a bit of diplomacy being used here. It was noticeable that she acknowledged the supporters concerns and spoke of a results based industry and no matter how good a coach or person, results were his downfall.

Also she mentioned end of the month for a new manager and then said of course that may come quicker than that and she's open minded about who may get the job.

Diclonius
08-11-2019, 05:28 PM

It's the Marvin Bartley role now mate.

Keith_M
08-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Totally agree with that assesment. If she does believe what she said, it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I think we've gone from no communication to too much meaningless chat. I blame all the folk moaning about lack of statements from the club, as they seem under pressure to be seen to be 'engaging' with the fans.

jacomo
08-11-2019, 05:45 PM

Two strikers
Left back
Right back
Centre back

She’s the CEO. The players are assets. If she admits they are crap it’s doing a Gerald Ratner (for those old enough to remember).

GonzoReturns
08-11-2019, 06:02 PM
She’s the CEO. The players are assets. If she admits they are crap it’s doing a Gerald Ratner (for those old enough to remember).

😂😂😂👍👍

Onion
08-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Of course she's not going to trash all the players but when asked about the summer transfer window said ..

"I don't think anything went wrong with it to be honest." (Daily Record)

Seriously ? There's a major detach between her words and what we can all see with our own eyes.

Less Gerald Ratner more Comical Ali / Bagdad Bob (for those old enough to remember).:greengrin

hhibs
08-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Deluded.

I know you do not want to throw your signings under a bus ,just say something neutral or nothing at all ,you should not embark on a line that is so clearly at odds with reality,just makes you look completely out of touch.

Not to mention, sounds to me and I think to many supporters as so much bull.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Deluded.

I know you do not want to throw your signings under a bus ,just say something neutral or nothing at all ,you should not embark on a line that is so clearly at odds with reality,just makes you look completely out of touch.

I think the delusion is on your behalf of you thought she would say anything else.

hhibs
08-11-2019, 07:30 PM
I think the delusion is on your behalf of you thought she would say anything else.

Clearly you did not read my whole post.

Silversand
08-11-2019, 07:38 PM
If Ross was close to signing, Dempster still has to maintain the "new manager by end of the month" approach, otherwise Ross' agent would just increase wage demands.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Deluded.

Not for the first time I have seen her interviews, and thought she must think we are mugs

Hi Heid Yin
08-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Pretty much how I see it too.:agree::agree:

The Harp Awakes
08-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Yup, pretty much agree with that. Clearly she can't come out and say that the recruitment has been poor, but I hope she genuinely doesn't believe it has been good. If she does we're in trouble because there's every chance they'll make the same mistakes again.

CLASS OF 72 -73
08-11-2019, 11:24 PM
I did what I done with nearlybottom's more recent post match interviews. Couldn't stomach the garbage deluded tripe so gave up after five minutes. I get she can't admit to a total recruitment failure but don't patronise us.

HFC 0-7
08-11-2019, 11:27 PM
She should really have swerved the point and not criticised or defended the players and signings. If the new manager comes in and can’t do anything with those signings then she could be in the cross hairs again.

SMAXXA
08-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Who’s the lassie that’s asking the questions? She’s there every week I think, anyone know!

Vault Boy
08-11-2019, 11:33 PM
Who’s the lassie that’s asking the questions? She’s there every week I think, anyone know!

I don't have an answer for you but I don't like her style of questioning. Since she's started attending the conferences she always tries to twist other's words and get a rise out of people IMO.

If I was a betting man I'd say she works for a red top. Complete guess*

Sir David Gray
08-11-2019, 11:59 PM
I don't believe she's being genuine when she says she doesn't feel anything went wrong with the summer recruitment. I'd say things went very wrong in the summer and the proof's in the pudding with where we find ourselves in the table.

jacomo
09-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Of course she's not going to trash all the players but when asked about the summer transfer window said ..

Seriously ? There's a major detach between her words and what we can all see with our own eyes.

Less Gerald Ratner more Comical Ali / Bagdad Bob (for those old enough to remember).:greengrin

:aok:

FilipinoHibs
09-11-2019, 01:30 AM
I never watch her TV conferences now. A load of guff.

The Harp Awakes
09-11-2019, 02:27 AM

Yes, that's up there with the 'Oli Shaw is one of the best young players in Europe' comment.

Leeann, please get a grip and go back to the CEO and breath of fresh air you were when you came to us. Please don't say things that all of us can see with our own eyes is not true.

Heisenberg
09-11-2019, 06:56 AM
LD 100% recognises there are gaps in the recruitment process and I’m sure they will be rectified when the new manager is in. Her answers yesterday were merely to protect the players we wasted money on in the summer.

JimBHibees
09-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Absolutely the bottom line. Would assume some outgoings in window also.

overdrive
09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
I don't have an answer for you but I don't like her style of questioning. Since she's started attending the conferences she always tries to twist other's words and get a rise out of people IMO.

If I was a betting man I'd say she works for a red top. Complete guess*

It was cringeworthy that she felt the need to go straight for the vasectomy topic in the Eddie May press conference.

flash
09-11-2019, 08:42 AM
I am guessing the fact she has just sacked the manager is a fairly reliable sign that summer recruitment wasn't a success.

J-C
09-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Absolutely the bottom line. Would assume some outgoings in window also.

Only if someone wanted them,I'd assume Vela and Newell are well enough known down south that someone will want them.

Allant1981
09-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Not for the first time I have seen her interviews, and thought she must think we are mugs

Not really a shocking statement though as you have made it clear you have no time for those on the board

green day
09-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Deluded.

I know what you mean, but neutral doesnt really exist in football, or football fans repertoire of words to describe players.

Most player assessment is "what a player" or "total pish" - given those polar opposites, she has to take the more positive one.

Heckys Wheel
09-11-2019, 09:16 AM
I know what you mean, but neutral doesnt really exist in football, or football fans repertoire of words to describe players.

Most player assessment is "what a player" or "total pish" - given those polar opposites, she has to take the more positive one.

I really don’t know why people read so much into these sort of statements.

Both this interview and the Hibs TV ones are months too late. They are reactionary propaganda because it got to a point where somebody had to front up and say something. The club’s been in free fall for almost a year now and nobody’s wanted to show face to answer any difficult questions.

A carefully worded interview with the clubs own TV channel where they controlled the narrative and even had a pop at “some quarters” for daring to suggest the new owner was invisible doesn’t cut it.

Dempster finally fronting up to the media and trotting out the same old cliches about standing behind the players yadda yadda.

The recruitments been a disaster. Bad signings and not a big enough squad. Not helped by the fact we failed to secure a shirt sponsor and have a deficit in the accounts that, despite what the club came out and said, has to impact somewhere.

She did admit we may need to “add a few” in January. We all knew we had to add a few in August. Why didn’t we???

JimBHibees
09-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Only if someone wanted them,I'd assume Vela and Newell are well enough known down south that someone will want them.

Would have thought so however a change of manager can sometimes improve players performance markedly. Will be interesting to see who we play today to get an idea of who is rated and who isn't at the club.

JimBHibees
09-11-2019, 09:49 AM
I really don’t know why people read so much into these sort of statements.

Both this interview and the Hibs TV ones are months too late. They are reactionary propaganda because it got to a point where somebody had to front up and say something. The club’s been in free fall for almost a year now and nobody’s wanted to show face to answer any difficult questions.

A carefully worded interview with the clubs own TV channel where they controlled the narrative and even had a pop at “some quarters” for daring to suggest the new owner was invisible doesn’t cut it.

Dempster finally fronting up to the media and trotting out the same old cliches about standing behind the players yadda yadda.

The recruitments been a disaster. Bad signings and not a big enough squad. Not helped by the fact we failed to secure a shirt sponsor and have a deficit in the accounts that, despite what the club came out and said, has to impact somewhere.

She did admit we may need to “add a few” in January. We all knew we had to add a few in August. Why didn’t we???

Don't think we have been in free fall for a year. Quality of squad isn't good enough rather than the size of.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 10:06 AM
It's the Marvin Bartley role now mate.Now he's gone there's hopefully someone at the club who recognises the value of filling this role properly.

There's a guy called Bartley at Livingston whose playing well regularly in a side above us so if we've got any of our recently increased revenue left maybe we can afford to sign him?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
09-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Well there’s a risk of that.

A bit worried that we are going through the same process as before to choose the next manager. It didn’t work very well last time did it?

Eyrie
09-11-2019, 10:49 AM
I never watch her TV conferences now. A load of guff.

I'm always surprised that anyone takes the press conferences seriously, regardless of which player/manager/executive is speaking.

These are simply opportunities for the club to spin a positive narrative and it is unrealistic to expect any genuine insight or public criticism of what is happening at the club.

Squealing pig
09-11-2019, 10:53 AM
If we get jack Ross wasn’t his recruitment process at Sunderland see who hibs r linked with and snap them up , who’s he gonna gonna listen to now ?

Eyrie
09-11-2019, 10:58 AM
If we get jack Ross wasn’t his recruitment process at Sunderland see who hibs r linked with and snap them up , who’s he gonna gonna listen to now ?

The same people he did at Sunderland - Mathie and Dempster.

Stuart93
09-11-2019, 11:02 AM

To be honest I’d be happy with the players he was looking at

Noticed he wasnt interested in any we signed in the summer, unsurprisingly

heretoday
09-11-2019, 11:31 AM
I call it the Jarkko Wiss role....

Or even the Earl Jean role?.......

overdrive
09-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Or even the Earl Jean role?.......

Earl Jean was a striker.

Ray_
09-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Spot on

If they were a bit sharper they may have been able to avoid said bus but alas I fear the worse for them.

erin go bragh
09-11-2019, 01:08 PM
25k per week for Doidge ,Vella ,Newall and Jackson . If that’s true ,we
Could have got Mulumbu, Effe and Hooper and still had change out of that .
Trying to think of a worse transfer window 🤔

w pilton hibby
09-11-2019, 02:25 PM
25k per week for Doidge ,Vella ,Newall and Jackson . If that’s true ,we
Could have got Mulumbu, Effe and Hooper and still had change out of that .
Trying to think of a worse transfer window 🤔

Where has the info regarding wages for Doidge, Vella, Newall and Jackson come from?

Vault Boy
09-11-2019, 02:28 PM
It was cringeworthy that she felt the need to go straight for the vasectomy topic in the Eddie May press conference.

Aye, you could tell Eddie didn't exactly enjoy answering it. I know he's a bit of an awkward sort with the press (it's not for everyone, don't blame him at all), but her line of questioning is so bizzare and inflammatory.

Won't be surprised if she's not invited back at some point in the future.

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Not really a shocking statement though as you have made it clear you have no time for those on the board

I don't, you are correct. It took them too long to make this decision.