PDA

View Full Version : New Manager

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mixu1875
07-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Jack Ross is the new manager of Hibs. Will be announced tomorrow or possibly Monday.

04Sauzee
07-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Jack Ross is the new manager of Hibs. Will be announced tomorrow or possibly Monday.

Even though LD said hopefully by the end of the month and the net was getting cast wide. I know tomorrow or Monday is by the end of the month but her comments would look a bit silly if we made an appointment so soon.

I'm doubting this will happen tomorrow or Monday

Dublin07
07-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Why did today's updates say it would take time and they were at a very early stage in the process

Mixu1875
07-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Even at LD said hopefully by the end of the month and the net was getting cast wide. I know tomorrow or Monday is by the end of the month but her comments would look a bit silly if we made an appointment so soon.

I thought the same but it’s a done deal.

Mixu1875
07-11-2019, 05:44 PM
I won’t outright name him but that came from a text from one of the players around 20 minutes ago.

bawheid
07-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Even though LD said hopefully by the end of the month and the net was getting cast wide. I know tomorrow or Monday is by the end of the month but her comments would look a bit silly if we made an appointment so soon.

Yeah, what a muppet she’ll look appointing well ahead of her timeline. Let’s not bother appointing the best candidate and hang around without a manager for a few weeks.

Scottie
07-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Yeah, what a muppet she’ll look appointing well ahead of her timeline. Let’s not bother appointing the best candidate and hang around without a manager for a few weeks.
How do you know he's the best candidate though? :dunno:

bawheid
07-11-2019, 05:53 PM
How do you know he's the best candidate though? :dunno:

I know everything. :agree:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 05:53 PM
I won’t outright name him but that came from a text from one of the players around 20 minutes ago.

The player just wanted to find out your username.

scoopyboy
07-11-2019, 05:55 PM

The players don't know who the manager will be.

Scottie
07-11-2019, 05:56 PM
I know everything. :agree:
You probably know as much about it as ma wife :faf::thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 05:57 PM
The players don't know who the manager will be.

They may if they know the manager

bawheid
07-11-2019, 05:58 PM
You probably know as much about it as ma wife :faf::thumbsup:

Oh, does she post here too? :greengrin

madhatter
07-11-2019, 05:58 PM

Go a new route but do the exact same thing...

Sorry I can only doubt this until it happens, it would not reflect well on the club and Leeann if they keep talking about processes, data and getting it right...to then seemingly appoint someone who was pretty much the front runner even before Heckingbottom left.

Respect to them for doing the interviews at a tough time. Hope their actions mirror their words and we are methodical about this appointment. It would be concerning to rush managerial appointment just in case someone else was interested in him. We’re hardly after Klopp or Pep so I don’t get the perceived rush.

Scottie
07-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Oh, does she post here too? :greengrin
You know she does :wink:

Hibs90
07-11-2019, 05:59 PM

"I know someone who works for the club, he told me 2 weeks ago that a decision has been made that Heckingbottom will be here until Christmas, regardless of results."

Bit of a slaver aren't you? :wink:

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Go a new route but do the exact same thing...

Sorry I can only doubt this until it happens, it would not reflect well on the club and Leeann if they keep talking about processes, data and getting it right...to then seemingly appoint someone who was pretty much the front runner even before Heckingbottom left.

Respect to them for doing the interviews at a tough time. Hope their actions mirror their words and we are methodical about this appointment. It would be concerning to rush managerial appointment just in case someone else was interested in him. We’re hardly after Klopp or Pep so I don’t get the perceived rush.

That is like saying the Fav should never win in a horse race it is too obvious :confused:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 06:00 PM

No chance.

If he's told a player before it's been formally announced he should be sacked.

bawheid
07-11-2019, 06:01 PM
You know she does :wink:

:wink:

bawheid
07-11-2019, 06:02 PM
No chance.

Well done on becoming the first poster to call for his head!

scoopyboy
07-11-2019, 06:02 PM

True.

But if that was the case my bet would be they would text fellow players first before texting fans.

They haven't.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 06:04 PM

Pwoud.

SMAXXA
07-11-2019, 06:05 PM

No it wont

Just_Jimmy
07-11-2019, 06:09 PM
No chance.

If he's told a player before it's been formally announced he should be sacked.Jack Ross worked with a couple at St Mirren?

I don't believe it's done either but it wouldn't be too hard to find the leak if that was the case.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

madhatter
07-11-2019, 06:10 PM
That is like saying the Fav should never win in a horse race it is too obvious :confused:

Are we a club that inherently have great managers or something? Think it’s pretty clear what I was saying. Using your analogy, it’s like saying “I’ll spend weeks to work out how to place a bet for a horse race” and then two days later place a sizeable bet. Consideration unfortunately always takes time. Giving someone a 2-3year contract to manage Hibs should not be rushed.

Why should the club rush because the person is the favourite? Can they not wait? I mean, I’m pretty sure a lot of people could wait 2 weeks if they were getting a salary of the amount the next manager will get...The person should really want to work at the club as well.

Can I ask, if a favourite is too obvious in the Hibs manager race, what defines or adds credence to the obviousness of the candidate?

WoreTheGreen
07-11-2019, 06:14 PM

I smell *****

Heisenberg
07-11-2019, 06:15 PM
I can’t see this being true after the stuff the club have put out today.

07-11-2019, 06:21 PM

You might be right but I don't see anything wrong with Leeann saying what she did and then appointing someone within a couple of days. If we were on the verge of getting a deal done, she's hardly going to say so is she?

Having a wide net means it isn't narrow criteria (like we want some with a lot of experience, high-profile, a good of knowledge of the Scottish game etc) it does not necessarily mean we plan to look far and wide.

I would be surprised if the board haven't had a good idea for weeks about possible candidates and then when JR became available they've moved quickly and got their number one pick.

I'd much rather this scenario with JR than the situation across the road where Budge is possibly taking until about Christmas.

GonzoReturns
07-11-2019, 06:25 PM
What are the latest odds? Surely if it was true betting would be suspended?!?!

Heisenberg
07-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Ross is still 1/5 across the board.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Are we a club that inherently have great managers or something? Think it’s pretty clear what I was saying. Using your analogy, it’s like saying “I’ll spend weeks to work out how to place a bet for a horse race” and then two days later place a sizeable bet. Consideration unfortunately always takes time. Giving someone a 2-3year contract to manage Hibs should not be rushed.

Why should the club rush because the person is the favourite? Can they not wait? I mean, I’m pretty sure a lot of people could wait 2 weeks if they were getting a salary of the amount the next manager will get...The person should really want to work at the club as well.

Can I ask, if a favourite is too obvious in the Hibs manager race, what defines or adds credence to the obviousness of the candidate?

They may have been considering this for weeks and carrying out due diligence in the background.

07-11-2019, 06:32 PM

Only if everyone on here started slapping bets on or it was officially announced.

madhatter
07-11-2019, 06:33 PM
They may have been considering this for weeks and carrying out due diligence in the background.

Something wholly disrespectful to be looking at new managers while you have a manager. Would Leeann be happy if Ron Gordon did that for her post?

based on the way they were talking and the way they looked I doubt they’ve been looking for Heckingbottoms replacement for weeks. I may be wrong though.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Something wholly disrespectful to be looking at new managers while you have a manager. Would Leeann be happy if Ron Gordon did that for her post?

based on the way they were talking and the way they looked I doubt they’ve been looking for Heckingbottoms replacement for weeks. I may be wrong though.

If they had not at least talked about i think they would not have been doing their job. You, I and everyone else has known for weeks he was a dead man walking.

GonzoReturns
07-11-2019, 06:39 PM

At the same time they would probably be reviewing the situation privately recognising results were poor. They wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they hadn’t been doing background succession work. Yes they would be hoping results would improve and are gutted they have had to remove the management team but the club is more important.

madhatter
07-11-2019, 06:42 PM
If they had not at least talked about i think they would not have been doing their job. You, I and everyone else has known for weeks he was a dead man walking.

Talked about sacking Heckingbottom fair enough, sitting discussing his replacement while he is in post is very poor and I don’t think happened. They all looked quite tired and a bit upset so again, I cannot see them freely discussing replacements for a guy they clearly respected before the guy had left his post.

madhatter
07-11-2019, 06:50 PM
At the same time they would probably be reviewing the situation privately recognising results were poor. They wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they hadn’t been doing background succession work. Yes they would be hoping results would improve and are gutted they have had to remove the management team but the club is more important.

The club is more important but we are fixating on a shortlist made up before most people knew there was a job to do be had? Don’t understand that logic. Background succession work based on what? Scottish guy been sacked down south and could come back up to Scotland? Is that the analytics going on because it certainly seems the analysis by quite a few fans. The notion of going with a candidate that to most looks like “we better sack our manager as he’s available” and doing so after releasing interviews with “wide net” and “take our time” used when discussing the identification process is disingenuous. So I doubt the authenticity of this Ross rumour. Certainly doubt anything will be announced tomorrow.

KinchHibee
07-11-2019, 06:52 PM
If you listen to Mathie's interview today he very briefly touches on the current process with the club which includes identifying potential future head coaches while the current HC is in post.

They might not have actively been shopping for Heckingbottom's replacement but they will have a list of people they are interested in.

Robbo6-2
07-11-2019, 07:32 PM
There is no way there gonna appoint Ross so quickly after todays press release.

I can see it being some from left field

SMAXXA
07-11-2019, 07:36 PM
I heard yesterday Ron wants none other than Juergen Klinsmann, some rumours you hear are brilliant

Wilson
07-11-2019, 07:37 PM

Neil Barnes or Paul Daley?

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 07:42 PM

Pat Fenlon 16\1 lump on :greengrin and
£5 each way on Shergar :wink:

madhatter
07-11-2019, 07:46 PM
If you listen to Mathie's interview today he very briefly touches on the current process with the club which includes identifying potential future head coaches while the current HC is in post.

They might not have actively been shopping for Heckingbottom's replacement but they will have a list of people they are interested in.

Finding a manager is not formulating a shopping list, I’ve still yet to see anyone legitimately tell me why Ross would even be on that shortlist beyond “he’s Scottish and is free” or “he knows our game”. Most fans seem to think our shortlist should be made up of “he knows our game”. In other words, we want to play free flowing passing football but in all likelihood we’ll have a shortlist dominated by hoof ball merchants.

We need to be better than “our game” if we want regular European football. We need to be able to manage our game but need to think bigger and more long term. Us, Aberdeen and Hearts should be quite a bit ahead of the other clubs in this league based on number of fans and spending power but in truth there is either no gap or the gap is minimal.

I fear if our club is making a shortlist before sacking a manager, its very insular and it gets the feeling of “jobs for the boys”. I pray the club don’t use the same ways of determining potential candidates. I mean “he knows our game” is surface level fluff.

I’ll support Ross if he gets the gig but if this is announced any time soon I will find it very hard to trust club communications. A lot of talk about processes, discussions, DNA and everything else so to just go “Ross has been sacked by Sunderland, we better sack our manager and get on the phone” route...

brog
07-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Pat Fenlon 16\1 lump on :greengrin and
£5 each way on Shergar :wink:

Shergar's still faster than Vela!

GonzoReturns
07-11-2019, 07:51 PM
The club is more important but we are fixating on a shortlist made up before most people knew there was a job to do be had? Don’t understand that logic. Background succession work based on what? Scottish guy been sacked down south and could come back up to Scotland? Is that the analytics going on because it certainly seems the analysis by quite a few fans. The notion of going with a candidate that to most looks like “we better sack our manager as he’s available” and doing so after releasing interviews with “wide net” and “take our time” used when discussing the identification process is disingenuous. So I doubt the authenticity of this Ross rumour. Certainly doubt anything will be announced tomorrow.

Totally agree would be very surprised if anything is announced. Sorry it was more the point that succession planning will be continually taking place but in this instance it was probably even more focused based on the way the season was going.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Finding a manager is not formulating a shopping list, I’ve still yet to see anyone legitimately tell me why Ross would even be on that shortlist beyond “he’s Scottish and is free” or “he knows our game”. Most fans seem to think our shortlist should be made up of “he knows our game”. In other words, we want to play free flowing passing football but in all likelihood we’ll have a shortlist dominated by hoof ball merchants.

We need to be better than “our game” if we want regular European football. We need to be able to manage our game but need to think bigger and more long term. Us, Aberdeen and Hearts should be quite a bit ahead of the other clubs in this league based on number of fans and spending power but in truth there is either no gap or the gap is minimal.

I fear if our club is making a shortlist before sacking a manager, its very insular and it gets the feeling of “jobs for the boys”. I pray the club don’t use the same ways of determining potential candidates. I mean “he knows our game” is surface level fluff.

I’ll support Ross if he gets the gig but if this is announced any time soon I will find it very hard to trust club communications. A lot of talk about processes, discussions, DNA and everything else so to just go “Ross has been sacked by Sunderland, we better sack our manager and get on the phone” route...

Well they never used that process last time they went for someone who knew nothing about our game. Maybe they will do the same again let's just wait and see.

04Sauzee
07-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Ah ok I wasn't aware he was the best candidate. Obviously makes sense now

timewilltell
07-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Stop making things up. Try getting out ,,,,,,

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2019, 07:59 PM
I tried to put a couple of hundred on the new Ross County manager being Owen Coyle, he'd actually signed the paperwork the night before and had gone home to get his gear and travel back up to Dingwall the next day.

He was either 4/1 or 7/2 cant quite remember, but none of the bookies would take the bet, and i only managed to get bets of under £10 on about 4 bookies in total.

Is this normall in this market, as it is quite easy to exploit?

WoreTheGreen
07-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Shergar's still faster than Vela!

Every time I see a fry bentos steak pie it makes me think of Shergar

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Every time I see a fry bentos steak pie it makes me think of Shergar

I'm the same but it makes me think of Vela.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 08:04 PM
I tried to put a couple of hundred on the new Ross County manager being Owen Coyle, he'd actually signed the paperwork the night before and had gone home to get his gear and travel back up to Dingwall the next day.

He was either 4/1 or 7/2 cant quite remember, but none of the bookies would take the bet, and i only managed to get bets of under £10 on about 4 bookies in total.

It's always about £10 max

Phil MaGlass
07-11-2019, 08:04 PM
28 posts not bad

Gordy M
07-11-2019, 08:05 PM

Think that is quite common, as obviously there will be people who know before the bookies, therefore its open for exploitation.....however there was a Sunderland fan, who writes a blog, who said he had put £200 on Ross getting the job...someone put a link up a few days ago....so not sure if there is a limit.

malcolm
07-11-2019, 08:15 PM

They would be very unlikely to have a shortlist but as a business it ought to have a ‘what if’ contingency planning list that would sensibly have been reviewed and revised from time to time with a bit more care and depth gone into as circumstances dictate.. such as would apply recently. And being professional that would not be a closed list either just a contribution to the recruitment process when it begins.

Having a list of possibles seems unlikely to be populated by a jobs for the boys approach. The club can’t win - take their time and some would complain we were not ready or taking too long, do it swiftly and it would be a mistake, a rush, a knee jerk reaction or involving some unprofessional behind the scenes activity behind the incumbent’s back..... but nothing that attacking football and winning ways won’t sort out:greengrin

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Really hope this is true however would seem a bit odd given Leanne’s comments today.

However maybe it was a case of the job was offered to Jack Ross and he was considering it etc, whilst he is doing that the club would have put together a shortlist and began the process. If Jack Ross declined then the whole process and candidate would be completed and in place by the end of the month?

Even if they were confident of Ross taking it I can’t imagine them coming out and saying it will be done by tomorrrow etc as that leaves us wide open to looking silly.

Hopefullly Ross lifted the phone tonight saying he wants it :greengrin

Colr
07-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Really hope this is true however would seem a bit odd given Leanne’s comments today.

However maybe it was a case of the job was offered to Jack Ross and he was considering it etc, whilst he is doing that the club would have put together a shortlist and began the process. If Jack Ross declined then the whole process and candidate would be completed and in place by the end of the month?

Even if they were confident of Ross taking it I can’t imagine them coming out and saying it will be done by tomorrrow etc as that leaves us wide open to looking silly.

Hopefullly Ross lifted the phone tonight saying he wants it :greengrin

Hearts will want to put in a counter-offer first!

madhatter
07-11-2019, 08:31 PM
They would be very unlikely to have a shortlist but as a business it ought to have a ‘what if’ contingency planning list that would sensibly have been reviewed and revised from time to time with a bit more care and depth gone into as circumstances dictate.. such as would apply recently. And being professional that would not be a closed list either just a contribution to the recruitment process when it begins.

Having a list of possibles seems unlikely to be populated by a jobs for the boys approach. The club can’t win - take their time and some would complain we were not ready or taking too long, do it swiftly and it would be a mistake, a rush, a knee jerk reaction or involving some unprofessional behind the scenes activity behind the incumbent’s back..... but nothing that attacking football and winning ways won’t sort out:greengrin

Agreed, attacking entertaining football with wins would be the remedy regardless of who stands in the dugout. I understand contingency planning, my problem with it is how do you even form that potential candidates list while you don’t have a vacancy. You could feasibly add names that have absolutely no interest managing Hibs. The other big problem is, if you put out feelers to formulate a more meaningful list, you’ve already started to narrow down favourable personnel - was their agent polite, was their agent keen, was the potential candidate eager? That’s why I’m worried about Ross being potentially lined up immediately. It’s less than a week since the job became available, the chances are some potential candidates haven’t even heard that the position is available yet/decided if it’s something they are interested in.

I’m quite relaxed as I don’t think this rumour will come true. If it does, I’ll worry a little bit because I don’t think club communications would match actions.

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 08:47 PM
https://safcblog.com/jack-ross-appointed-new-hibs-manager/

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 08:56 PM
Jack Ross is second favourite for the hearts job.

Paisley Hibby
07-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Talked about sacking Heckingbottom fair enough, sitting discussing his replacement while he is in post is very poor and I don’t think happened. They all looked quite tired and a bit upset so again, I cannot see them freely discussing replacements for a guy they clearly respected before the guy had left his post.

If he'd been doing really well then it would have been right for them to be thinking about who they would want to bring in when his inevitable move back down south materialised. So same applies when it looked like they'd need to sack him. Simple good governance if you ask me - as long as they didn't discuss with the potential candidates while PH was still in post I don't see the problem?

Speedway
07-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Jack Ross is second favourite for the hearts job.

No surprise given he met with Budge today.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Yip seen them sharing a vegan sausage roll and a ribena in Greggs at the Kirkgate around 12:30

malcolm
07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Agreed, attacking entertaining football with wins would be the remedy regardless of who stands in the dugout. I understand contingency planning, my problem with it is how do you even form that potential candidates list while you don’t have a vacancy. You could feasibly add names that have absolutely no interest managing Hibs. The other big problem is, if you put out feelers to formulate a more meaningful list, you’ve already started to narrow down favourable personnel - was their agent polite, was their agent keen, was the potential candidate eager? That’s why I’m worried about Ross being potentially lined up immediately. It’s less than a week since the job became available, the chances are some potential candidates haven’t even heard that the position is available yet/decided if it’s something they are interested in.

I’m quite relaxed as I don’t think this rumour will come true. If it does, I’ll worry a little bit because I don’t think club communications would match actions.

At best (or worst :wink:) maybe there were indirect comms to one or other potential candidates - someone speaking to an agent about possible interest should a vacancy arise while not offering anyone anything, may remove the chance of barking up the wrong trees if a hunt is required. I’m sure in football such conversations happen all the time but it’s a bit like what is said about action and intent before the whistle blows. Things change and all bets are off after the game begins . That said it is hard to criticise forward planning .. bit like checking to see if those trousers on the rack are your size before even thinking about seeing what they look like on... If comms suit the best interests and outcome for the club then even if say actual events have run ahead of that, I’d not be that bothered.

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Someone on kickback also saying he’s heard from a source (friend of hibs player) that Ross will be announced for us tomorrow.

tonyrougier123
07-11-2019, 09:25 PM

I canny see this being the case so soon.

Hibs will dig deep here to make a very informed approach to anyone.

I don't doubt jack ross is on the top of the list,I just doubt he's been appointed yet.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Be very surprised.....

Bostonhibby
07-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Yip seen them sharing a vegan sausage roll and a ribena in Greggs at the Kirkgate around 12:30Were they holding hands?

If not we're still in with a chance.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

madhatter
07-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Someone on kickback also saying he’s heard from a source (friend of hibs player) that Ross will be announced for us tomorrow.

Have I Quantum Leaped forward a couple of weeks?

How have we even managed to do interviews?

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 09:31 PM

No idea quite a few saying we’ve spoke to him for a while, another is saying we spoke to him today and also want to speak to Nathan Jones.

It’s all rumours I imagine and guess work. Quite a few not saying he will be announced tomorrow though so it’s interesting

FRes Hibbie
07-11-2019, 09:32 PM
"I know someone who works for the club, he told me 2 weeks ago that a decision has been made that Heckingbottom will be here until Christmas, regardless of results."

Bit of a slaver aren't you? :wink:

No-one want to address this, either to debunk the quote or agree it discredits the info?

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Seriously? Interviews don't take long. It is not like we would post out invitations! Clubs sack managers and appoint a new one in hours. Remember Jim Jefferies waiting in the bog?

madhatter
07-11-2019, 09:34 PM
No idea quite a few saying we’ve spoke to him for a while, another is saying we spoke to him today and also want to speak to Nathan Jones.

It’s all rumours I imagine and guess work. Quite a few not saying he will be announced tomorrow though so it’s interesting

Nathan Jones would match up with the current Welsh influx we’ve had...

As you say, I think there’s a lot of guess work at the moment.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 09:34 PM
No-one want to address this, either to debunk the quote or agree it discredits the info?

Does anyone believe any rumours on here ? 99% are pish the odd one is correct. Let's just wait and see.

madhatter
07-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Seriously? Interviews don't take long. It is not like we would post out invitations! Clubs sack managers and appoint a new one in hours. Remember Jim Jefferies waiting in the bog?

A club that has chronically underachieved...always soothes my concerns when I hear how fast we can bash through interviews. I’m pleased to report I do not recall Jim Jeffries waiting in a toilet. Strange place for them to hold interviews.

Jim44
07-11-2019, 09:44 PM

:agree: I’ve no idea of the present position re interviews or applications but, if Ross is the guy LD and her team want, and Ross is happy to accept the job, I doubt that they would delay the appointment, just to give the impression to the fans that they were drawing out the process, being thorough and looking to be considering all possibilities. I wouldn’t be surprised if an appointment is made fairly soon. On the other hand, the rumours about Ross being favourite could be a lot of tosh.

07-11-2019, 09:44 PM

No doubt we should expect at some stage down the line she'll reveal that she met with him but he wasn't of the required standard. Of course she won't come straight out and say it, it'll be delivered in a snidey way with an obvious verbal wink to the Hearts fans so that even the thickest of them gets what she is saying.

CapitalGreen
07-11-2019, 09:45 PM

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1192571308883795968?s=21

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2019, 09:53 PM

He's been gone too long.

Deansy
07-11-2019, 10:06 PM

:faf:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 10:17 PM
:faf:

Whoosh much? :wink:

HappyAsHellas
07-11-2019, 10:19 PM
He's been gone too long.

Supreme!

HoboHarry
07-11-2019, 11:14 PM
He's been gone too long.
You're on fire today mate :greengrin

SteveHFC
08-11-2019, 12:02 AM
We've spoke to Jack Ross and approached Nathan Jones.

Hibeesmad
08-11-2019, 12:09 AM
We've spoke to Jack Ross and approached Nathan Jones.

Nathan Jones did fantastically well at Luton, pretty shocking form at Stoke though.

Mixu1875
08-11-2019, 01:05 AM

Yes I said that, yes it was true at the time. I asked him and he said things changed. My opinion is we were forced into action by that lot punting Levein.

People can choose to believe me, call me a slaver or whatever they want. It’s really no skin off my nose as it won’t be the case when he gets announced.

ScottB
08-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Nathan Jones did fantastically well at Luton, pretty shocking form at Stoke though.

Stoke seems to have become a Sunderland style managerial graveyard...

Scorrie
08-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Stoke seems to have become a Sunderland style managerial graveyard...

Yep and now they’re about to get Michael O’Neill...

The Leith Dutch
08-11-2019, 10:37 AM
I heard yesterday Ron wants none other than Juergen Klinsmann, some rumours you hear are brilliant

This did the rounds elsewhere too based on some rumoured connection in the US.
That'd certainly create a buzz that maybe some of the others wouldn't but I have to say I'd be surprised.

Good managerial record although not much experience and nothing for 3 years.
Solid mid 50% win rate and average 2 goals scored per game albeit Germany and Bayern are pretty big teams so maybe below expectation there.

The one thing I would say is that there's something to be said for having a "Name" manager - doesn't always work out but I feel we were a very different team under NL than we might have been under a manager with better skills but no rep.

The Leith Dutch
08-11-2019, 10:54 AM

It's at the root of my problem with a lot of these "scoops".

There's a way of putting it that I'm fine with - where someone is clearly passing on information they've heard.
The tone is an easy going shrug of "might be true, might not" and the poster sounds like they're not doing it
to make themselves look great and most on here are fine with that.

Then there's the ones that are "This is 100% true" where the poster takes huge insult at someone saying they
don't buy it ("None of yous will be laughing on <insert definitive time of event> when I'm right") and you know
it's all about them getting an ITK badge (was it Bleeds Green a year or two ago that had some very precise set
of predictions with timelines to the hour?).

From the years I've been on here there are very, very few people who I'd back as properly ITK and they're usually
quite humble about it not least because no matter what your source it can always fall apart at the last minute.

Heisenberg
08-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Jack Ross to meet with both Edinburgh clubs over the next week. We rarely win in these circumstances when facing competition from Aberdeen/Hearts. Hopefully if we really want him we get him and Gordon shows he means business.

Greenbeard
08-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Whether true, informed rumour, speculation or just a dream, my only hope is that my own dream last night is not a premonition.
Ross's first game as manager at a sparsely attended ER. Playing an unidentified, but lowly team. Losing and missing chance after chance.
Ross comes on the park midway through the second half, stops the game, and starts to take a shooting practice session.
As much chance of that happening as Ross getting announced today.

Diclonius
08-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Their first choice is Robinson and ours is Ross. I expect they'll be who the two of us appoint.

The Green Goblin
08-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Jack Ross is the new manager of Hibs. Will be announced tomorrow or possibly Monday....it´s Rebekah Vardy´s account!

MikeyS
08-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Jack Ross to meet with both Edinburgh clubs over the next week. We rarely win in these circumstances when facing competition from Aberdeen/Hearts. Hopefully if we really want him we get him and Gordon shows he means business.

Press already reporting weve met with him. I think if they wanted him they would've acted quicker already.

For what it's worth, I know a few connected to Hertz and it was Budge, not Levein, that binned him previously for his "conduct" & they will be quite surprised of she goes back on that.

Also mentioned that she was quite impressed by Pressley the last time when Cathro left. Here's hoping he gets another interview!!

heretoday
08-11-2019, 01:05 PM
What about James McPake for manager?

08-11-2019, 01:06 PM
...it´s Rebekah Vardy´s account!

That makes you Wagatha Christie.

Stuart93
08-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Not for me

Not as if dundee have been firing on all cylinders

Up The Bracket
08-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Someone saying Mark Robins on Twitter, anyone heard anything?

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2019, 01:27 PM
McPhee now front runner for them on Skybet

Peevemor
08-11-2019, 01:28 PM
McPhee now front runner for them on Skybet

She's had another one of her moments hasn't she? "Then we realised that the person we needed was already here"... :thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
08-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Someone saying Mark Robins on Twitter, anyone heard anything?

Is he not the Coventry boss?

Callum_62
08-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Someone saying Mark Robins on Twitter, anyone heard anything?He's at Coventry isn't he? Be surprised

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Greenworld
08-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Jack Ross to meet with both Edinburgh clubs over the next week. We rarely win in these circumstances when facing competition from Aberdeen/Hearts. Hopefully if we really want him we get him and Gordon shows he means business.We have already met with Jack R and he has spoke to Ron Gordon which unless we serious would not of happened.
Makes sense to do the same with a few others but I like others will be surprised if Ross is not announced next week .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2019, 01:32 PM
She's had another one of her moments hasn't she? "Then we realised that the person we needed was already here"... :thumbsup:

Hope so!!

Rumble de Thump
08-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Is he not the Coventry boss?

He signed a new contract at Coventry the other week after Sunderland tried to sign him. He stated he didn't want leave. Someone on Twitter has probably mentioned this.

The Leith Dutch
08-11-2019, 01:52 PM

While novice managers sometimes work out for us I generally feel Hibs is a job for an experienced manager with a reputation if we want to get to challenging top 4 regularly.

SMAXXA
08-11-2019, 01:55 PM
While novice managers sometimes work out for us I generally feel Hibs is a job for an experienced manager with a reputation if we want to get to challenging top 4 regularly.

Your spot on far too early in his managerial career Jim Goodwin is more fitted and he’s still along way to go.

ancient hibee
08-11-2019, 01:58 PM

What happened about his court case?

SteveHFC
08-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Still to go to court

JXM73
08-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Wasn't quantum leap parallel universes and no time travel?

Anyway, who's got the job?

Sammy7nil
08-11-2019, 02:14 PM

Stoke asks permission to speak to O'Neill yesterday appointed today. Interview done and dusted in hours.

Col2
08-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Jack Ross won’t go to Hearts. Not while Budge is in charge and Levein still has a role reporting to the executive.

bingo70
08-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Jack Ross won’t go to Hearts. Not while Budge is in charge and Levein still has a role reporting to the executive.

That’s what everyone said about Yogi not going to Hibs while Petrie was here.

If it’s a deal that suits both parties, they’ll look past any previous fall out and make up.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Stoke asks permission to speak to O'Neill yesterday appointed today. Interview done and dusted in hours.

When you've got tons of money, you can cherry pick. O'Neill's interview would have been more about what Stoke had to offer him in terms of budget and freedom to operate, as well as personal terms.

He wouldn't have gone through a selection process like we conduct because his credentials are already obvious.

Can you ever imagine Guardiola going to an interview not knowing if he would given the job or not?

Hamish
08-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Your spot on far too early in his managerial career Jim Goodwin is more fitted and he’s still along way to go.

Yeah probably right. I did think Stevie Crawford might have got a mention but perhaps a year or 2 early.

Plus he might want to bring in Sandy Clark as a coach.

Diclonius
08-11-2019, 02:59 PM

?

CRAZYHIBBY
08-11-2019, 03:08 PM
If Jack ross needs to speak to both clubs then he should be told to bolt.....2 bags of sweeties

SteveHFC
08-11-2019, 03:11 PM
If Jack ross needs to speak to both clubs then he should be told to bolt.....2 bags of sweeties

Agree

Since452
08-11-2019, 03:13 PM

He'd be stupid not to listen to both

IWasThere2016
08-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Still to go to court

?

He has been to Court - homophobic abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50304702

From what I've heard (not from DFC) it is clearly evident from the CCTV footage

Percy Vere
08-11-2019, 03:23 PM
No chance.

Jeez
Sacked before he’s even in the job.
And of course nobody ever knows about job appointments internally before they are announced. Get real.

GonzoReturns
08-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Only if we offered him the job if not and we are interviewing others then he’s got every right to speak to other clubs.

Jim44
08-11-2019, 03:33 PM
He'd be stupid not to listen to both

I believe he prefers the Hibs job.

Mick O'Rourke
08-11-2019, 03:39 PM

Local Sunderland newspaper sports reporter says that too.
He wrote that JR would snub them if approached.
Certainly not while CL is still there in a lurking capacity, as a former Hearts player commented as to Levien remaining at the club.

1/5 odds now after initial talks with Hibernian.

Since452
08-11-2019, 03:39 PM
I believe he prefers the Hibs job.

Who wouldn't? 😉

CRAZYHIBBY
08-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Only if we offered him the job if not and we are interviewing others then he’s got every right to speak to other clubs.

We need someone who thinks "thats the job for me I want to go there and make a difference"....instead of "ill see what they have to offer and pick one of the two"....just my thoughts

GonzoReturns
08-11-2019, 03:59 PM
We need someone who thinks "thats the job for me I want to go there and make a difference"....instead of "ill see what they have to offer and pick one of the two"....just my thoughts

Get what you are saying 👍

Diclonius
08-11-2019, 04:25 PM

We're two underperforming decent sized clubs with a fair bit of money to spend and an okay squad on paper.

If I didn't support either one of them then I'd speak to both too.

Moulin Yarns
08-11-2019, 04:45 PM
I heard Robbie Neilson was doing a decent job, would be worth a punt. 🤔

where'stheslope
08-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Do you mean, give him a job or just get rid of him?????

Moulin Yarns
08-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Do you mean, give him a job or just get rid of him?????

Ha, ha. I actually think he might be decent. But then we have some of our fans....

SouthMoroccoStu
08-11-2019, 05:50 PM

He knows how to kill off a derby for a money earning replay so I’d be up for it!

Seriously, he only lost his job because they lost to us and we won the cup, they’re a narrow minded bunch over there

Moulin Yarns
08-11-2019, 05:55 PM
He knows how to kill off a derby for a money earning replay so I’d be up for it!

Seriously, he only lost his job because they lost to us and we won the cup, they’re a narrow minded bunch over there

I'm looking at what he is doing at Dundee United. OK money is being thrown at them, but he still needs to get the team organised, and looks like he has done that.

bingo70
08-11-2019, 08:33 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domènec_Torrent

New York City’s manager has just quit. Had never heard of him but certainly got an interesting CV.

I don’t know why I’m bothering posting names like that as it’ll never happen but I do enjoy throwing a random name in to consider

04Sauzee
08-11-2019, 08:50 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domènec_Torrent

New York City’s manager has just quit. Had never heard of him but certainly got an interesting CV.

I don’t know why I’m bothering posting names like that as it’ll never happen but I do enjoy throwing a random name in to consider
Seems like they have emptied a full team of staff

bingo70
08-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Seems like they have emptied a full team of staff

From what I can tell he’s binned them as they’re a shambles, sounds like he did a great job there but got frustrated with the club and the league.

Unseen work
08-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Whoever it is they’ve a big job of bringing in some real quality and exciting players. We need European football back and a team that we can be proud of and have the swagger and ability to succeed.

Jack Hendry
Lewis Morgan
Youssef Mulumbu - Allegedly close to Aberdeen
Efe Ambrose
Jason Kerr
Dylan McGeouch
Greg Docherty
Marc McNulty - On loan at Sunderland but not doing the best
Stephane Omeonga - Similar to McNulty

Clearly we wouldn’t be able to sign all of them but imo that’s the sort of players we should be going for. Up and coming players, once that have lost their way a bit and some experience.

Sign some of the above and we’re sorted. Easy :greengrin

Iggy Pope
08-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Ha, ha. I actually think he might be decent. But then we have some of our fans....

We need to keep some of those fans you know.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2019, 09:44 PM
She's had another one of her moments hasn't she? "Then we realised that the person we needed was already here"... [emoji106]Imagine getting in there first and nicking him from right under her nose?

Nah, me neither.

C'mon Mrs doctor Budge give us something to smile about. Stick McPhee on the escalator to nowhere, obviously after a thorough scrutiny of all the top managers available worldwide.

bingo70
08-11-2019, 10:02 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4932784/harry-kewell-hibs-liverpool-job-st-johnstone/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Harry Kewell anyone?

Nah, not for me either.

Vault Boy
08-11-2019, 10:04 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4932784/harry-kewell-hibs-liverpool-job-st-johnstone/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Harry Kewell anyone?

Nah, not for me either.

Agreed, it always fun to see these names pop up though.

The 90+2
08-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Harry Kewell anyone?

Nah, not for me either.

Not a chance. Hopefully.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Jeez
Sacked before he’s even in the job.
And of course nobody ever knows about job appointments internally before they are announced. Get real.

Whoosh much? :hilarious

judas
09-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Who wouldn't? 😉

I don’t know.

Managing a team with 400,000 fans would be an overwhelming enticement.

If you combine that with the Hearts innovative practice of Yamonomics, then the Skys the limit really.

It actually surprises me a great deal that Sir Alex Ferguson is not coming out of retirement to pitch for this job.

In fact, with some of the names suggested in the early stages on Kickback, one can only assume that this has already happened.

Brooster
09-11-2019, 08:18 AM
I would be tempted to ask Steve Clarke if he fancies it. He's obviously not enjoying the Scotland job.

BoyledEgg
09-11-2019, 08:20 AM
I would be tempted to ask Steve Clarke if he fancies it. He's obviously not enjoying the Scotland job.

He just turned down the Stoke job.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 08:24 AM
I don’t know.

Managing a team with 400,000 fans would be an overwhelming enticement.

If you combine that with the Hearts innovative practice of Yamonomics, then the Skys the limit really.

It actually surprises me a great deal that Sir Alex Ferguson is not coming out of retirement to pitch for this job.

In fact, with some of the names suggested in the early stages on Kickback, one can only assume that this has already happened.And they do chips as well.

Forever in their shadow.

Hibeesmad
09-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Harry Kewell anyone?

Nah, not for me either.

Funnily enough I was watching him on The Debate the other night and was wondering what he was up to these days. Would be very surprised if he got the job, but I hope he enjoys watching us.

Speedway
09-11-2019, 09:16 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Steve Austin
09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Beginning to think I'd rather have Diana Ross!!!:greengrin.

Speedway
09-11-2019, 09:19 AM

All that would do is kick of a chain reaction of negative results.

J-C
09-11-2019, 09:23 AM
All that would do is kick of a chain reaction of negative results.

Tish boom!

Greenworld
09-11-2019, 09:36 AM
I don't think we will have to long to wait someone will be announced before next Friday .
Jack ross is obviously red hot favourite having already met LD and GM and also met Ron Gordon separately .
The list has been whittled down to just 4 and given the club have been through the process not to long ago personally I thong he rest are courtesy discussions.

southsider
09-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Sun reporting Harry Kewell will be at game today in Perth. Fantastic player but I doubt he knows much about Scottish football but would be headline news if appointed. Thoughts ?

James70
09-11-2019, 10:08 AM

I'm still waiting!

pontius pilate
09-11-2019, 10:12 AM
I dont get all this chat that the new manager in should know scottish football. Did Guardiola or Klopp know english football did Gerrard know scottish football? Surely if the new manager is the best candidate that's all that matters. Also how would the new guy in get any experience of scottish football if he doesn't get the chance.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Sun reporting Harry Kewell will be at game today in Perth. Fantastic player but I doubt he knows much about Scottish football but would be headline news if appointed. Thoughts ?

Can't think of any reason why we'd consider him. Sacked at two 4th tier English clubs.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-11-2019, 10:13 AM
What happened to Karanka being appointed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
09-11-2019, 10:14 AM

I often wonder if coaches/managers without a club use situations like this to their advantage? They go to games with a managerial vacancy, putting themselves in the shop window when they don’t have any intention of actually applying for the vacant managers job of the club they’re watching.

Speedway
I dont get all this chat that the new manager in should know scottish football. Did Guardiola or Klopp know english football did Gerrard know scottish football? Surely if the new manager is the best candidate that's all that matters. Also how would the new guy in get any experience of scottish football if he doesn't get the chance.

9 figure transfer budgets make up for that.

Robbo6-2
Can't think of any reason why we'd consider him. Sacked at two 4th tier English clubs.

Sometimes managers are suited to manage at Higher level.

Notts county are a total basket case of a club and Crawley are pish.

Hes played at the highest level and with some top managers. I wouldnt turn my nose up

Speedway
09-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Shelley Kerr at the game today.

madhatter
09-11-2019, 10:31 AM
I don't think we will have to long to wait someone will be announced before next Friday .
Jack ross is obviously red hot favourite having already met LD and GM and also met Ron Gordon separately .
The list has been whittled down to just 4 and given the club have been through the process not to long ago personally I thong he rest are courtesy discussions.

Who’s on the list of 4?

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 10:41 AM

NO way!

Great player on his day maybe, but not cutting it as a manager.

Was youth coach at Watford got a gig at Crawley, where he was not a success by any means then mangd to get a job at NOtts county, where he was emptied after only a few games.

Knows as much about Scottish football as Hecky did, probably less.

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Sometimes managers are suited to manage at Higher level.

Notts county are a total basket case of a club and Crawley are pish.

Hes played at the highest level and with some top managers. I wouldnt turn my nose up

Well, let's hope Hearts sign him, then we'll both be happy..

Brightside
09-11-2019, 10:43 AM

Hibs team will be full of Glasgow city players after Jan then.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 10:48 AM
NO way!

Great player on his day maybe, but not cutting it as a manager.

Was youth coach at Watford got a gig at Crawley, where he was not a success by any means then mangd to get a job at NOtts county, where he was emptied after only a few games.

Knows as much about Scottish football as Hecky did, probably less.Let's hope he's driving round the highlands looking for the city of St. Johnstone and doesn't make the game[emoji6]

theonlywayisup
09-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Apologies if already posted, but from the BBC website:

Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster hints that a foreign coach is the priority to replace sacked manager Paul Heckingbottom. (Scotsman)

Australia legend Harry Kewell is the latest shock name in the frame for the Hibs job and could be at McDiarmid Park today to watch the Edinburgh side. (Sun)

Joe6-2
09-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Luke Shanley getting at LD’s comment on PH signings being good, he said the dogs in the street laughing at that one! 😂

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster hints that a foreign coach is the priority to replace sacked manager Paul Heckingbottom. (Scotsman)

Australia legend Harry Kewell is the latest shock name in the frame for the Hibs job and could be at McDiarmid Park today to watch the Edinburgh side. (Sun)

Absolutely NO chance whatsoever.

I'd rather have Hecky.

bingo70
09-11-2019, 10:56 AM

I’ve looked online but can’t find the full story about us wanting a foreign manager.

Anyone been able to find it?

Hibeesmad
09-11-2019, 10:57 AM
I’ve looked online but can’t find the full story about us wanting a foreign manager.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-chief-leeann-dempster-hints-that-a-foreign-coach-is-the-priority-to-replace-paul-heckingbottom-1-5042583

pontius pilate
09-11-2019, 10:59 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-chief-leeann-dempster-hints-that-a-foreign-coach-is-the-priority-to-replace-paul-heckingbottom-1-5042583

Reading that I'm telling you its Klinnsman 😂😂

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Afraid I don't agree with Leeann when she says... ""Unless they were really impressive, we wouldn’t necessarily be thinking about someone who has no understanding of the British game"

I don't get this "British Game" thing.

There is a difference between the Scottish game and the English game......I think most agree that one of our last manager's faults was a lack of knowledge of the Scottish game,,,and indeed made frequent comments about how things were different in Scotland to England.

lucky
09-11-2019, 11:16 AM
I don’t want any ex Old Firm player of any nationality as they will continually be linked with them if he does ok and constantly asked about their former club by the Scottish press. I think we need a manager with Scottish football experience. Jack Ross, Tommy Wright, Steve Robinson would be ideal candidates. But I don’t think Hibs will pay compensation to another club to get their man.

Unseen work
09-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Where has the mention of Karanka came from?

Im still adamant that the new man will need knowledge of the Scottish game in some capacity. If he doesn’t he needs to have an infectious, highly enthusiastic and motivating style they the fans can relate too and engage with.

Greenworld
09-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Who’s on the list of 4?No idea JR is the only one who has met RG
He wants positioned filled before next Friday .

Box 17
09-11-2019, 11:43 AM
I don’t want any ex Old Firm player of any nationality as they will continually be linked with them if he does ok and constantly asked about their former club by the Scottish press. I think we need a manager with Scottish football experience. Jack Ross, Tommy Wright, Steve Robinson would be ideal candidates. But I don’t think Hibs will pay compensation to another club to get their man.

Certainly agree with Tommy Wright. Great experience and a proven track record in Scotland.

But going to the other extreme as far as experience is concerned, would be very keen on getting in Shaun Maloney, if he's interested. Currently working as coach with the Belgian national side under Martinez. Comes accross as an intelligent guy and obviously knows Scottish football well. Agree that if he was successful he would be getting touted as the next Celtic boss.

Cabbage-Patch
09-11-2019, 11:45 AM

I can confirm I will also be at the game. Will wait and see if Dempster offers me the job whilst I'm there. I would want at least 5 months severance pay however.

09-11-2019, 11:46 AM
No idea JR is the only one who has met RG
He wants positioned filled before next Friday .

How do you know this and how do you know there's a shortlist of 4?

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2019, 11:46 AM

that would be supreme.

Since452
09-11-2019, 11:48 AM

If thats the case it looks like we've moved for Ross quickly.

Greenworld
09-11-2019, 12:14 PM
How do you know this and how do you know there's a shortlist of 4?Let's just say hotels have eyes and ears ..

09-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Let's just say hotels have eyes and ears ..

Ah, the old listening through a glass on the wall trick or Scooby Doo style eye holes in the painting. :wink:

madhatter
09-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Let's just say hotels have eyes and ears ..

Did the hotels see or hear the 4 names on the list?

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Kewell seems to think he has an option according to the bbc article.

Based on who knows what.

McKenzie
09-11-2019, 03:36 PM
I’ve heard Karanka has a hibs football manager save so has plenty knowledge of Scottish game.

Heisenberg
09-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Based on who knows what.

I saw that. Seems to have a high opinion of himself for a man with such a dreadful record.

Since452
09-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Whoever it is will be taking on a more than capable squad. We've been threatening to do this for a while

Jack Hackett
09-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Based on who knows what.

His ego. I'm getting Joey Barton vibes.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 04:11 PM
His ego. I'm getting Joey Barton vibes.Sounds painful [emoji16]

WestCoastHibby
09-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Since when did Remembrance Sunday become “ the end of the month”
Some real poppycock on this thread

Hibeesmad
09-11-2019, 04:17 PM

Based on who knows what.

Don’t think Mathie and Dempster would even consider a guy who won 18 out of 57 games with Crawley Town

H18S NX
09-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Based on who knows what.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk...Kinda worried when the camera's at Perth showed him taking notes today.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 04:23 PM
...Kinda worried when the camera's at Perth showed him taking notes today.Hopefully it's directions south. Not sure why we would be interested

bingo70
09-11-2019, 04:24 PM

Based on who knows what.

Kewell said on an interview with sky sports he was there for a friend so I think he was working for someone else.

No way he’s getting the job and no other reason he’d be there taking notes.

bingo70
09-11-2019, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1193181789973622785?s=21

Harry Kewell interview for anyone that’s not seen it.

madhatter
09-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Kewell said on an interview with sky sports he was there for a friend so I think he was working for someone else.

No way he’s getting the job and no other reason he’d be there taking notes.

Scouting Kamberi for Gerrard? Morelos will likely be going shortly.

Could also have attended to generate interest in himself. Who knows.

BigKev
09-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Was there not an English manager who turned up at one of our games after JC was sacked and looked odds on to be appointed.

stantonhibby
09-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Was there not an English manager who turned up at one of our games after JC was sacked and looked odds on to be appointed.

Paul Simpson

Scottie
09-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Asked if he's had any contact with anyone from Hibs and wouldn't comment. Oh I hope not :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 04:32 PM

No way he’s getting the job and no other reason he’d be there taking notes.Here's a quote from the BBC article

"Former Liverpool forward Harry Kewell has described Hibernian as "another option" as he watched the managerless side take on St Johnstone."

BigKev
09-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Paul Simpson

That’s the one.

Excellent memory recall btw 😂

bingo70
09-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Asked if he's had any contact with anyone from Hibs and wouldn't comment. Oh I hope not :rolleyes:

I just don’t think that passes the common sense test.

There’s no way he’ll be considered for the main job and if he was, turning up today and attracting the media attention he has would have blown his chances out the water.

I think he’s working with someone and is looking at potentially coming in as assistant or coach for someone else.

The guy Redfearn was at Leeds (possibly Liverpool too?) could there be a connection there?

stantonhibby
09-11-2019, 04:40 PM
That’s the one.

Excellent memory recall btw 😂

Cheers......or sad you could say! Pretty sure it was at Love St just to go for the full anorak

BigKev
09-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Cheers......or sad you could say! Pretty sure it was at Love St just to go for the full anorak

I think you’re 100% correct!

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Possibly there to have a look at Boyle for the Aussies?

bingo70
09-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Possibly there to have a look at Boyle for the Aussies?

He was seen taking notes on what was happening.

He wouldn’t need to do that if he was just watching Boyle.

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Probably writing down to check if the goal machine Doidgey has an Aussie Granny.

WoreTheGreen
09-11-2019, 04:54 PM

Maybe writing a Emerdale script

bingo70
09-11-2019, 05:03 PM
https://www.thesackrace.com/news/24th-october-2019/exclusive-harry-kewell-opens-up-about-notts-county-crawley-town-lee-bowyer-and-his-next-step-in-management

Quite an interesting wee interview with Kewell.....

No two jobs are the same and I’m a big believer that some managers will just be a good fit at certain clubs. Would Guardiola be a good manager for Albion Rovers for example? Not sure he would.

I’m not as against the idea as I was 5 minutes ago.

eastmainsmsh
09-11-2019, 05:33 PM
wonder if Graham Arnold interested this time again with kewell a coach if anything in this

Scorrie
09-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Has Eddie May definitely ruled himself out? I know it’s only one game but he seems to know how to improve the current players we have and set the team up properly, which is what we want from a manager

Jones28
09-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Has Eddie May definitely ruled himself out? I know it’s only one game but he seems to know how to improve the current players we have and set the team up properly, which is what we want from a manager

He had according to the radio.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 05:54 PM

Huge difference in being a caretaker manager working with players who need picked up than signing your own players and being a day to day manager, for me there is no chance Eddie will get the job and I don’t want him to either. There will be better equipped out there.

Jack Hackett
09-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Sounds painful [emoji16]

I'm good... I have a cream I discovered in Spain :aok:

Sammy7nil
09-11-2019, 06:17 PM
https://www.thesackrace.com/news/24th-october-2019/exclusive-harry-kewell-opens-up-about-notts-county-crawley-town-lee-bowyer-and-his-next-step-in-management

No two jobs are the same and I’m a big believer that some managers will just be a good fit at certain clubs. Would Guardiola be a good manager for Albion Rovers for example? Not sure he would.

Not for me I don't fancy a hand full of league two players

Jim44
09-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Alan Preston was quite adamant that Kewell would be of no interest to Hibs.

04Sauzee
09-11-2019, 06:44 PM

Alan Preston is the biggest slaver of pish I know.

I don't think Kewell will get the gig just seem strange he was there and didn't distance himesel from the job

Itsnoteasy
09-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Would Pep be a good manager without loads of cash?

Billy Whizz
09-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Alan Preston is the biggest slaver of pish I know.

I don't think Kewell will get the gig just seem strange he was there and didn't distance himesel from the job

Kewell just managed to get himself a hell of a lot of publicity

bingo70
09-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Not for me I don't fancy a hand full of league two players

I’m just trying to play devils advocate, I understand the concerns too.

I think we’re looking for a coach to work in our structure which is why we’re looking foreign this time. With that being the case I don’t think signing of league 2 players would be an issue.

MikeyS
09-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Kewell just managed to get himself a hell of a lot of publicity

This is spot on, he has played a blinder today in trying to force someone else's hand. Wouldn't be surprised to see him be announced somewhere down south in next week.

Since452
09-11-2019, 07:11 PM

I agree with him

greenlex
09-11-2019, 07:56 PM
I think it could be Newall. LD in her interview during the week hinted an opportunity to do things a little differently. Maybe a good coach with little say in recruitment just to solely coach the first team. Perhaps our new football director will be charged with football style/philosophy and recruitment.

greenlex
09-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Could be Hibs paid Newall to do that wee stunt today to force/panic their no 1 target who was also mulling over the
Tynecastle gig into an early signature.

Slavers
09-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Would Pep be a good manager without loads of cash?

Yes did he no come through the coaching ranks at Barca? Barcelona B manager before the first team suggests he's a brilliant coach and manager.

CD69
09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Jack Ross odds dropped to 10/11, with Kewell odds being slashed to 11/10 on skybet.

Can’t understand the appeal of Kewell personally. On paper it looks like a step backwards from hecky. Pretty worrying stuff. Hopefully bookies are just jumping the gun

Forza Fred
09-11-2019, 09:01 PM

For once he’s right.

Harry Kewell is NOT the man for Hibs.

Callum_62
09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Kevin Muscat?

Could explain Kewell being there

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
09-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Harry Kewell stole Marlon Dingles girl

Bostonhibby
09-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Harry Kewell stole Marlon Dingles girlAll this emmerdale talks got me thinking.

If we're thinking of appointing another dull boring Yorkshireman we could do worse than Seth Armstrong.

Being dead isn't necessarily a handicap.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/5103f0c9f710bf26e52cce9cf012cc83.jpg

Heisenberg
09-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Ross meeting with Hibs on Tuesday according to the Sunday Mail. Also being “lined up” for an interview at Hearts as well apparently.

Topographic Hibby
09-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Is it just me or isn't the phrase "an option" from Kewell at bit cart-before-the-horse and rather disrespectful to Hibs?

At this point in time, the Hibs job isn't "an option" for him. He can apply and he may or may not be considered. He then becomes "an option" for the Hibs recruitment team, not the other way round.

Has been getting my goat since I read it. Fair spoiled what should have been an enjoyable, winning Sat night...!!! :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Is it just me or isn't the phrase "an option" from Kewell at bit cart-before-the-horse and rather disrespectful to Hibs?

At this point in time, the Hibs job isn't "an option" for him. He can apply and he may or may not be considered. He then becomes "an option" for the Hibs recruitment team, not the other way round.

Has been getting my goat since I read it. Fair spoiled what should have been an enjoyable, winning Sat night...!!! :rolleyes:

Probably more a case of he’s trying to keep himself relevant and in the spotlight for a managers job, and fair play to him for doing that. He’s been out on the spot which you would expect given the attention about him going to the game he’s probably tried to diplomatically answer the questions don’t think there is anything more or presumptive in it

Stuart93
09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Ross meeting with Hibs on Tuesday according to the Sunday Mail. Also being “lined up” for an interview at Hearts as well apparently.

Let’s hope he impresses on Tuesday and we sign him up

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 09:50 PM
Let’s hope he impresses on Tuesday and we sign him up

I hope no

Topographic Hibby
09-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Probably more a case of he’s trying to keep himself relevant and in the spotlight for a managers job, and fair play to him for doing that. He’s been out on the spot which you would expect given the attention about him going to the game he’s probably tried to diplomatically answer the questions don’t think there is anything more or presumptive in itI suppose the devil is in the detail or rather the facts of it.

In other words, what was the question asked of him, what was his response and the how have the journalist(s) spun it to make their headline. He could have said that applying for the job was "an option" for him (an entirely fair comment). Then its reported without the "applying" bit.

I'm probably making up 5 from a 2+2 question.

Unseen work
09-11-2019, 09:59 PM

This will be his second interview with us so you’d imagine a decision will be made by the end of next week?

Stuart93
09-11-2019, 10:00 PM
I hope no

How come? I think he’d be a great fit for us

ScottB
09-11-2019, 10:03 PM

He’s been an unemployed for a year, yet by turning up in Perth he’s gotten himself some good coverage on the BBC.

Successful day out for him, all round.

SMAXXA
09-11-2019, 10:11 PM
How come? I think he’d be a great fit for us

I don’t fancy him simply on the basis of how he has his Sunderland team play, and quite honestly I think they were very similar to how Hecky set us up. If he does get the job I will support him like anyone else but I honestly think we will end up with someone else and he will end up at hearts, regardless if his previous.

Id like to see us go down the route of a foreign manager personally, different dynamic as we all know regardless if cv or nationality it guarantees you nothing so we all will have a preference based on gut feel.

Speedway
09-11-2019, 10:14 PM
This will be his second interview with us so you’d imagine a decision will be made by the end of next week?

3rd

Unseen work
10-11-2019, 12:20 AM
3rd

Reallt? Never knew that. Will surely be him getting the job then.

joebakerforever
10-11-2019, 01:51 AM
All this talk of a foreign manager with NO first hand experience of Scottish football does not convince me that this would be the right road.

Apart from few exceptions outwith the OF, most have been disasters (László, Bonetti, Skovdahl, etc.), and I think we are sometimes dazzled by assuming because they are foreign, they will be better than an indigenous native.

Given that it was an all-Scottish triumvirate that managed our best result of the Season today, I'd prefer to have a Caledonian managerial team in place.

As Eddie May has no desire to become Manager, instead look at either Billy Reid/Ian Murray/Jack Ross/Gary Holt to join Grant Murray & Steven Whittaker as our new management team.

judas
10-11-2019, 04:52 AM

Wait a minute.

Are you saying Pep Gaurdiola has been approached by Albion Rovers?

bingo70
10-11-2019, 05:42 AM
Wait a minute.

He was at their game yesterday but the Rovers fans are going mental as he’s not got any experience of Scottish football.

Clarence
10-11-2019, 06:21 AM
He’s been an unemployed for a year, yet by turning up in Perth he’s gotten himself some good coverage on the BBC.

Successful day out for him, all round.

I wonder if his wife is looking for work on River City. The transition from Erinsborough to ErinGoBragh might be too much for her.

LancsHibs
10-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Wait a minute.

Yup Manchester City have reported ARFC for an illegal approach.