PDA

View Full Version : A happy story related to THAT day

AltheHibby
07-11-2019, 06:07 PM
After we won the cup I treated myself to one of our souvenir #persevered pens.

When we went to Australia last year I gave it to my severely dyslexic son, and told him that his story was one of perseverance and how I thought of him when I thought of us finally winning the cup.

He is doing brilliantly well in Oz, and is having his first house built for him. He has just told me that when he went along to sign his documents he insisted it had to be his Hibs pen he signed with because he was so proud of it and what it meant to us both.

As if I need another excuse for tears when I think about that day.

Thank you Hibs for giving us something special.

hibby6270
07-11-2019, 06:09 PM

When we went to Australia last year I gave it to my severely dyslexic son, and told him that his story was one of perseverance and how I thought of him when I thought of us finally winning the cup.

He is doing brilliantly well in Oz, and is having his first house built for him. He has just told me that when he went along to sign his documents he insisted it had to be his Hibs pen he signed with because he was so proud of it and what it meant to us both.

:top marks
Inspiring stuff!

H18S NX
07-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Nice one m8:aok:

Power
07-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Immense. Now that’s a heartwarming story.

brog
07-11-2019, 06:25 PM

Just a great story. Well done & best wishes to you both.

Scottie
07-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Well done and best wishes to your son. :aok:

One Day Soon
07-11-2019, 07:27 PM
That's good to hear. More of this sort of thing please.

penihibs
07-11-2019, 08:11 PM

Lovely story,good luck to your son.

AltheHibby
07-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Thank you all for your kind replies.👍

Deansy
07-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Lovely stuff !!

Jonnyboy
07-11-2019, 11:19 PM

Love it, Al. A little gift but a huge impact :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
07-11-2019, 11:27 PM
What a refreshing and lovely change to read this.

Vault Boy
07-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Wonderful story Al, thanks for sharing. I hope your son is settling in nicely to his new home.

For a day that's remembered for the collective experience of winning the Cup, it didn't half give all of us such a variety of special, individual moments to savour.

This is what it means.