PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Tracey Smith

Vault Boy
07-11-2019, 04:20 PM
I thought it would be nice to have a thread purely dedicated to thanking Tracey for dedicating so much of her time and efforts to Hibernian, on behalf of all of us.

Great work Tracey, thank you.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Yep, absolutely. Difficult job to take on especially as a volunteer. That's volunteer- which some of the folk who have played their part in making her life unpleasant would do well to remember.

Trying to make a difference at her own expense.

Thanks for taking the trouble to try Tracey and hope you enjoy whatever you do next. Never give up on Hibs, there's a helluva lot more good than bad.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
07-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Yep, thanks from me too. Never had any dealings with her directly but know enough from the things she did for fans on here and Fbook that she did a bloody good job on a voluntary basis, something that these online e-cowards (and tbh most of us) would never have the energy or inclination to do.

PatHead
07-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Tracey certainly put her heart and soul into it. No one deserves to be abused and I hope she can recover soon.
She has a heart of gold and a real love for Hibs. Thanks for all your efforts Tracey.

Gerard
07-11-2019, 05:02 PM
I think she did a good job for Hibs as s director and I wish her well for the future.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2019, 05:04 PM
All the best Tracey, and to all the keyboard warriors gtf, useless excuse for being a so called hibs fan, sad life indeed.....

SouthMoroccoStu
07-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Well said OP
Couple of times I’ve spoke with her she’s been very open and honest
She’s a great credit to hibs

jax67
07-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Well done in the role Tracey! Always approachable, lovely person.👍

Speedway
07-11-2019, 05:09 PM
I think Tracey was very brave to explain the reasons for her resignation.

It’s a thank you from me too.

Blaster
07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Best wishes Tracey

Kojock
07-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Tracey was very approachable and always tried to help her fellow supporters. All the best for the future T. Don't let the minority spoil your future enjoyment of following Hibs.

Bobby Moore
07-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Thank you for all of your work on our behalf Tracey,

I really am grateful for all the time and effort you have put in

You will be missed and should be proud of the impression you have made on many people and of the help and assistance that you you have given so ably.

Power
07-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Great shout.

Thanks for everything Tracey. Keep doing what you do.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Hope you’re all good Tracey, see you and the kids at the game soon

JimBHibees
07-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Well done on no doubt the countless hours you have obviously put in to make our wonderful club a better one. Take care. :flag:

ben johnson
07-11-2019, 05:45 PM
We are used to looking after ourselves on away trips but Tracey was a welcome site in Greece after the plane debacle. Hotel was free and Tracy was on hand to help if required and i am sure she warned the only ticket office in Tripolis not to shut for a 3 hour Greek lunch as they were about to be snowed under.
Had a nice drink or two with her and Frank and she had to rush back to do her own work on the computer.
I shake my head that she has been abused and harassed.
Not deserved and picking an easy target is about the measure of these so called Hibs fans.

hibbyfraelibby
07-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Tracey you have been a star...non illegitimus caribonum.

wandering_hibee
07-11-2019, 06:12 PM
I never met Tracy but I think that anyone that takes a voluntary post in any walk of life deserves a medal and especially someone who does in a football club environment. It is terrible to think that anyone in that situation is subject to the level of abuse which resulted in her taking legal advice and speaking to the police.

I have only heard good things about her and I wish her all the best and I hope that her successor does not suffer the same vitriol.

H18S NX
07-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Thank you Tracy,best wishes.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2019, 07:20 PM
I've posted on the other thread but I'd like to repeat again my thanks to her. I had dealings with her a few months ago about a very minor query but she did the things she said she would do and gave me the answers I was looking for.

Shocked and saddened to hear of the treatment she has received.

Allant1981
07-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Not had any dealings with Tracey but all the best, it's a sign of the times unfortunately that people think they can post/email or message whatever they want to people without any come back. Hopefully the so called fans are banned from ER if they actually even attend games

Weegreenman
07-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Very sad to hear your stepping down but completely understand. Nobody should have to put up with that type of abuse. Thank you for all your effort, it’s been much appreciated by the majority of our support.

hibeerealist
07-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Tracey, a lot of respect for you on this thread and the other. You can hopefully put the awful communications to one side and get on with your life knowing there are far more good people support this great club than bad!!

:flag:

KingFranck
07-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Thank you Tracey you managed to sort out my daughters season ticket really quickly
best wishes

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Very well said all. The clowns responsible should be ashamed.

madhatter
07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Never had any interaction with Tracey. Can’t believe abuse is being sent to begin with and simply dumbfounded by the frequency and severity alleged. Absolutely ridiculous by some sections of our “support”.

Thank you for your work and all the best. Don’t lose faith in the general fan base, it’s a minority that stoop to these levels.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Of all the fans reps we have had I have probably had the least dealings with Tracey. The couple of occasions I did contact her I found her to be courteous and helpful.

My own dealings with here are neither here nor there though. She put her head above the parapet and represented the fans views to the best of her ability. For that she deserves to be thanked not abused. It really is a shameful day and anyone sending abusive messages to any member of staff, voluntary or otherwise, at Hibs is an absolute disgrace.

Thanks for your efforts Tracey and I hope you can put this behind you and enjoy being an 'ordinary punter' again.

H18 SFR
07-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Last season I couldn't go to an away game as I was on holiday. I messaged Tracey to see if she knew of a family who might not normally go to away games due to financial restraints etc and she was able to make arrangements for them to go.

A true Hibee with the best interests of all Hibs fans to the core.

Jonnyboy
07-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Don't let the braindead get you down, Tracey. I've never spoken directly to you but I see you and your girls at every away game.

Thanks for all you've done as a supporter/director

hibbie02
07-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Totally shocked that a volunteer with our best interests at heart is hounded out by brain dead morons.

I haven’t had any direct dealings with Tracey but respect and admire her for all the work she did. Anyone responsible for the abuse should be identified and banned by every Hibs based organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ray_
07-11-2019, 09:31 PM
I thank anyone who puts the benefits of our club and the fans before themselves and I can't thank Tracey enough for doing a job that is becoming more and more difficult in this day and age.

We hear plenty about the MP's that are subjected to unwarranted attention and abuse and that is bad enough, but for somebody to do so as a labour of love for their club, the community and the fans, it says far more about Tracey as a person than the clowns who made her feel that there was no other option open to her.

Thank you, Tracey.

Forza Fred
07-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Tracey was superb in any dealings we had from the other side of the world, and was a wonderful ambassador for Hibernian Football Club.

In all my dealings with her she was enthusiastic and if she said, ‘I’ll get back to you’ then you knew she would.

I know she felt honoured to hold the position, and would have thought long and hard before making this decision.

I hope her experiences don’t sour her feelings towards Hibs, and that she continues to be a frequent supporter at our games.

Thank you for your efforts on our behalf Tracey, and we still hope to see you visit us all one day.

Cardinal G
07-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Excellent efforts from Tracey, we keep talking about the Hibs Family and its a times like this that you despair when idiots undermine that feeling.

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2019, 10:35 PM
I don't know a lot about the happenings on social media but I do know that, like most clubs, we have our fair share of utter twats in our midst. It's a sad state of affairs when a fellow supporter, who is giving up their time to help the fans connect with the club, feels they have to quit because of personal abuse.
Those responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

matty_f
07-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Thanks Tracey, one of the good guys. :aok:

traceyhibs
07-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Thank you for all the lovely comments. Really appreciate it. Luckily the majority of our support are Hibs Class. This will never stop me going to games and supporting this great club. #HibsForever [emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
07-11-2019, 11:58 PM
Thank you for all the lovely comments. Really appreciate it. Luckily the majority of our support are Hibs Class. This will never stop me going to games and supporting this great club. #HibsForever [emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

💚

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2019, 12:19 AM
Always kind and helpful in my experience. Fortunately we’ll be most likely on the same page here but worth remembering that fans reps are one of us beggars belief that folks wade in.
Social media is both a blessing and a curse.
I would encourage folks that are able to attend working together and see for yourselves the people, styles, passions, personalities. Even if I’m confirmsykur thoughts you’ve seen things for yourselves. You may get insights that you’ll understand such as LWT did with things like Lotto, The Stones that to maximise impact timing plays a big part. Maybe their teaser... you also get a sense of the challenges /priorities. (I say this with only perspective from LWT and things have Movedon from then)

The 90+2
08-11-2019, 01:15 AM
Good luck Tracey, thanks very much and you shouldn’t have let fannies win.
You’re hard work is and was appreciated and you’ll be a big loss! That’s why you got voted for again; ggtth.

FilipinoHibs
08-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Thank you Tracey and for being honest about the reasons for resigning. Unfortunately if you stick your head above the trenches at a football club or are often shot down. To have abuse at games is just awful but not surprising given the rants of a small minority.

Stonewall
08-11-2019, 07:34 AM
Tracey-I hope that your honesty about the reasons you left make some of these idiots take a long hard look at their behaviour and at least something positive can come out of this sorry state of affairs.

Thank you for everything you did for the club and best of luck for whatever you turn your considerable energies to next.

Hi Heid Yin
08-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Thank you for your efforts Tracey.