PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | RON GORDON

RSS Bot
07-11-2019, 12:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10396)

GloryGlory
07-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Blimey! You hear nowt for ages and then three statements come along at once. :greengrin

Vault Boy
07-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Great to have updates from all three. Good stuff Hibs.

Gerard
07-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Good to hear from the IM.

Diclonius
07-11-2019, 12:21 PM
A good, comprehensive update from all three big players. Thanks Hibs!

One point of stands out though - Dempster mentioned we want to have someone in by the end of the month at the latest, which suggests this may be a more comprehensive search than we previously thought.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 12:22 PM
"I’d start by saying that it’s always good when ‘The Invisible Man’ makes an appearance!"

He's been reading DotNet!!!

:greengrin

Scorrie
07-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Ron Gordon’s interview pretty positive. Good to hear his views on where we are at. Will be really interesting to see the forward plan to be published in the new year

Mikey
07-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Good to see that he's leaving manager recruitment to Leeann and Graaaaam.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Good to see that he's leaving manager recruitment to Leeann and Graaaaam.

I expect he's too busy selling off the Real Estate to be bothered with such trivial matters.

Oh and who's "Graaaaam"?

Weegreenman
07-11-2019, 12:30 PM
It’s all about the the product on the field. Get that right and the supporters will flock to Easter Road.
Give us a team we can be proud of. Match day experience will take care of itself.

Onion
07-11-2019, 12:35 PM
At last, some positive comms from the Board and owner. All sounds very sensible and encouraged that they're aiming to get new man in place soon, and accept that January window needs to be used to strengthen the squad.

However words are cheap. Gordon and Dempster's silence and delay in dealing with the slomo car crash that was Paul Heckingbottom leaves them having to re-establish trust. They should be judged on the actions.

DavieRoy
07-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Good the club are finally talking but part of me always thinks that club media is always watered down and sanitised to preach to the converted. On the other hand, doing the media will allow them to sensationalise. We probably have to take each with a pinch of salt!

HFC93
07-11-2019, 12:36 PM
I expect he's too busy selling off the Real Estate to be bothered with such trivial matters.

Oh and who's "Graaaaam"?

Graeme Mathie

Power
07-11-2019, 12:38 PM
"I’d start by saying that it’s always good when ‘The Invisible Man’ makes an appearance!"

He's been reading DotNet!!!

Good to see and hear these communications. It’s been a big supporter feedback over the last few months.

Time to get stuck in and get to where we all (club, team and support) want to be.

Since452
07-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Positive stuff from Gordon. Looking forward to hearing this plan in the new year

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Didn’t really say anything more than he said when he took over. Basically a holding statement until January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
07-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Great interviews. Honest and positive.

I actually think it's exciting times for us. Ron obviously believes that his business knowledge can help take us to the next level as far as revenue is concerned and it's great to hear him say that all increased revenue will be invested in the product on the park.

By the sounds of it things will be different at ER next season as far as the Matchday experience is concerned. I wonder what that will entail ?

Fan zone ?
Standing section ?
Much improved food and merchandise ?
New PA system ?

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Right what are we complaining about next?

Sioux
07-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Good the club are finally talking but part of me always thinks that club media is always watered down and sanitised to preach to the converted. On the other hand, doing the media will allow them to sensationalise. We probably have to take each with a pinch of salt!

As per usual no matter what is said, folks will come out with 'we don't really believe you'

matty_f
07-11-2019, 12:49 PM
As per usual no matter what is said, folks will come out with 'we don't really believe you'

Or better still, cherry pick bits out of context whilst pretending not to understand what was meant at the time, so they can use to to support some tin-foil hat conspiracy theory.

matty_f
07-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Not being engaged with the statements??

danhibees1875
07-11-2019, 12:50 PM
I see they've made a point of noting that a detailed version of his vision will be the focus of the AGM. I think that had just been speculated/hoped previously. That'll go down nicely along with the pie and coffee. :greengrin

Diclonius

Why hasn't the new manager been appointed yet?

Danderhall Hibs
Not being engaged with the statements??

I think it’ll be the pies are too expensive and too hot.

Greencore

😂

southsider
07-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Didn’t really say anything more than he said when he took over. Basically a holding statement until January.

Looks like AGM will be then.

southsider
07-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Positive stuff from Gordon. Looking forward to hearing this plan in the new year

All he has to do is sign LG in the window and the fans will bow at his feet.

Keith_M

It's a bland, boring statement that doesn't tell us anything we don't already know?

:dunno:

(not my view, just giving one posibility)

Since452

Not had an update on the womans team this hour

Torto7
07-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Good stuff from the club. I've got a good feeling about RG. The fact he's taking his time and trying to get a plan together encourages me far more than someone coming in and acting the big time.

Hopefully we get the new manager in soon and with a couple of wins confidence soars and we can then recruit in Jan to fix the glaring holes left by the Yorkshire Pudding.:flag:

GreenCastle
07-11-2019, 01:01 PM

Yup.

He seems a nice guy etc.

But all 3 interviews are pretty bland and haven’t learnt anything from them except...

Plans will be outlined soon.

I would imagine / expect more specific detail the next time we hear from him / them. Not a moan just facts.

Obviously a tick box set up by club to engage with fans / try reassure fans - fine but hopefully the club can be more specific what the plans are in future - assume once manager is in place this will be a better time to announce.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 01:02 PM
It's a bland, boring statement that doesn't tell us anything we don't already know?

That’s pretty much it. There is nothing new in there. Not really complaining because I wasn’t really pushing to hear from the club unless they had something to say, which they don’t really yet.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 01:04 PM
That’s pretty much it. There is nothing new in there. Not really complaining because I wasn’t really pushing to hear from the club unless they had something to say, which they don’t really yet.

Some folk (not you) have been disengaging from the club due to the lack of statements though so this should help.

ABZHFC
07-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Good interview, like the sound of him! :flag:

scooby
07-11-2019, 01:12 PM
I think it was important that they acknowledged where we are, and that it's not where we want to be.
They were never going to spill the beans on the fine detail of their plans, but I certainly feel more comfortable that they do have a plan.
I hope that it doesn't all go quiet again, as they desperately need to keep the fans on board.
We need to hope they make the right decision regarding our new head coach, and the fans need to get right behind them and the team to provide the best chance of recovering our season.
Onwards and upwards.

Stuart93
07-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Yup.

He seems a nice guy etc.

But all 3 interviews are pretty bland and haven’t learnt anything from them except...

I would imagine / expect more specific detail the next time we hear from him / them. Not a moan just facts.

Obviously a tick box set up by club to engage with fans / try reassure fans - fine but hopefully the club can be more specific what the plans are in future - assume once manager is in place this will be a better time to announce.

Ah there we go

Power
07-11-2019, 01:15 PM
I think it was important that they acknowledged where we are, and that it's not where we want to be.
They were never going to spill the beans on the fine detail of their plans, but I certainly feel more comfortable that they do have a plan.
I hope that it doesn't all go quiet again, as they desperately need to keep the fans on board.
We need to hope they make the right decision regarding our new head coach, and the fans need to get right behind them and the team to provide the best chance of recovering our season.
Onwards and upwards.

Agree with this. Time to start winning games.

worcesterhibby
07-11-2019, 01:17 PM

The guy has taken over a business that is really quite complex, is in a sector he has never dealt in before and is in a foreign country. He has told us a couple of times now that his way of working will be to get to understand the business, assess how well we are performing in various areas, get to know the staff and their abilities and then start to make positive change after around 6 months of learning and research. To me that is eminently sensible and has to be the right approach. As fans we are impatient for change, for news, for progress and that is entirely understandable, but it would be madness for a new owner (particularly one who hasn't owned a football club before) to come in and change things on the hoof without understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the current business and staff. IMHO Ron is doing everything the right way round, I'm more than happy to wait till January to find out what his next steps will be.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 01:26 PM
The guy has taken over a business that is really quite complex, is in a sector he has never dealt in before and is in a foreign country. He has told us a couple of times now that his way of working will be to get to understand the business, assess how well we are performing in various areas, get to know the staff and their abilities and then start to make positive change after around 6 months of learning and research. To me that is eminently sensible and has to be the right approach. As fans we are impatient for change, for news, for progress and that is entirely understandable, but it would be madness for a new owner (particularly one who hasn't owned a football club before) to come in and change things on the hoof without understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the current business and staff. IMHO Ron is doing everything the right way round, I'm more than happy to wait till January to find out what his next steps will be.

I don’t disagree. Just pointing out that today’s statements were non events.

Barman Stanton
07-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Some folk (not you) have been disengaging from the club due to the lack of statements though so this should help.

Damn, you don't half have a bee in your bonnet about this disengaged thing!

GonzoReturns
07-11-2019, 01:38 PM
It may well be a holding statement until January but also puts himself under pressure to deliver a plan that is going to make us sit up and go wow!! Looking forward to hearing the plans.

DavieRoy
07-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Yup.

He seems a nice guy etc.

I agree. At least Budge did 20 minutes with the press and took questions from them. Okay, no doubt they wanted to get some headline but that puts things to bed for the time being.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 01:49 PM
I agree. At least Budge did 20 minutes with the press and took questions from them. Okay, no doubt they wanted to get some headline but that puts things to bed for the time being.

Can’t remember the last time Leeann did anything with the press? Always with in-house interviewer with softball questions.

The 90+2
07-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving Ron! Hear again next year.

Sioux
07-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Can’t remember the last time Leeann did anything with the press? Always with in-house interviewer with softball questions.

Why should she?

How many other club chief executives hold press conferences? Are we all supposed to bow to the the great Budgie now?

You will eventually come round to the view that simply criticising everything is a fruitless exercise - think of the fable 'The boy who cried wolf'

lyonhibs
07-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Given the calibre of the sports "journalism" we are treated to up here, I'm wholly supportive of not letting the media's OF-centric weasely emmissaries too close to our Exec management - they would just be out to put words into her mouth and seek to paint her and the club in an artifically bad light.

These statements are fairly obviously box ticking exercises because they felt they "had to" put some comms into the public sphere to assuage the braying mob of expert PR analysts that we seem to have had a ton of in our support in the last week. There's not actually a lot to say beyond "aye, Heckingbottom wasn't good enough and we're looking for someone new".

Of more interest will be what is said for targets/ambitions for the season/future and the level of £££ backing that will be forthcoming in Jan for the new man.

NAE NOOKIE
07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Pretty bland statement, but at least its communication.

What will it be at the AGM though? More statements of intent or concrete proposals regarding the things the club is actually going to do rather than a wish list.

Speedway
07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
1. He’s been trying to learn how footie works

2. He/LD/GM are presenting the ‘How to stop Hibs being soft and ***** and skint’ plan to the board in December

3. We get to learn about it in January.

DavieRoy
07-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Why should she?

How many other club chief executives hold press conferences? Are we all supposed to bow to the the great Budgie now?

You will eventually come round to the view that simply criticising everything is a fruitless exercise - think of the fable 'The boy who cried wolf'

It’s a closed environment, watered down and spin.

I agree that the press might be just as bad the opposite way but Budge took some awkward questions from what I saw online.

GreenCastle
07-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Ah there we go

All good here - will await something with substance to discuss in due course.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Damn, you don't half have a bee in your bonnet about this disengaged thing!

:agree:

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Good to hear from him.

He has had quite a lot of unjustified abuse on here imo. Some want to hear from him all the time it appears which isn’t really why he is here. He’s only been in a 4/5 months so it will take him a while to get used to how we operate, where we can improve and coming up with ideas how to improve.

He may not be in HTC or Easter Road every day but again I don’t think he needs to be, as long as he has a full understanding of what’s going on within the club. A lot of his work, I imagine will actually take place elsewhere by going and speaking to different people, companies etc to try and get them on board with supporting Hibernian.

Hes obviously not going to publicise the plans they’re working on now incase some don’t come to fruition or there are complications etc.

Hes already spent a large amount on clearing debts, injecting a 7 figure sum to the club and now paying off the Heckingbottom and Stockdale. It’s clearly not the start he wanted but I think he will come up with and I implement some very good ideas to take us forward and earn us more money commercially.

Leanne - I think she looks physically and emotionally shattered, it’s clearly been a rather draining experience for her the last couple of months or so and now has this pressure on top of it which I think she is feeling. She doesn’t seem as optimistic and enthusiastic before however I think it would be criticised if she was considering out league position.

Mathie - I don’t know too much about him but he certainly comes across quite well. Speaks a lot about comparing previous players and signings others teams have made so hopefully they can get a clearer picture on what works for us. To me it’s always younger Scottish guys with a swagger, guys that won’t feel intimated going to the Old Firm etc and seem to enjoy the pressure or being in the spot light.

One thing I wouldn’t mind seeing is an ex player in a higher up position who really gets the club and can keep that drive and ambition going. An actually person who has been there and done it and will focus purely on the football and getting results.

However, lets all get behind them and support whoever they appoint as manager :flag:

Irish-Hibee
07-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Good to hear from him.

Leanne - I think she looks physically and emotionally shattered, it’s clearly been a rather draining experience for her the last couple of months or so and now has this pressure on top of it which I think she is feeling. She doesn’t seem as optimistic and enthusiastic before however I think it would be criticised if she was considering out league position.

Agree. It seems to be taking it's toll on her. Lets hope she doesn't decide to walk away! I'm sure she wouldn't be short of offers.

Perd Hapley
07-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Good communication but possibly a missed opportunity to plug the community work and I am a wee bit concerned that he didn't mention the work of the foundation etc within his overall plans for the club. In saying that I'm glad cash will be directed towards the first team as a priority but I do hope Ron understands that the club's charitable side is one and the same with the identity of the club; we're a football club but for all intents and purposes we incorporate a social enterprise - one which happens to be emblazoned proudly across our shirts.

On which note, at the risk of veering wildly off-topic, I'm a big fan of the move but I think the Hibernian Community Foundation badly need a new logo that looks better on the shirt. Don't know if it's possible to change mid-season

madhatter
07-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Credit to him. I’ll admit to having the impression that he wasn’t involved as much as he should be. Wasn’t in invisible man territory but certainly downplayed his interest levels.

I’m glad we’ve heard something from the club but in truth all the interviews are much ado about nothing. Good plans take time, that’s fine and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s happening for next season. The time taken to draw up these plans suggest a grand plan that I can’t help but feel, due to the build up, may prove to be lacklustre and a bit disappointing.

Onion
07-11-2019, 11:38 PM

And the reason only ACTION will clear things up. It's been 8 months since RG took over, so not unreasonable to expect to see the impact of the change of ownership. The time for talk is over. Don;t want to hear any more promises and talk of tomorrow, want to see hard evidence of this bright new dawn for Hibs FC.

Peevemor
08-11-2019, 12:50 AM
And the reason only ACTION will clear things up. It's been 8 months since RG took over, so not unreasonable to expect to see the impact of the change of ownership. The time for talk is over. Don;t want to hear any more promises and talk of tomorrow, want to see hard evidence of this bright new dawn for Hibs FC.It's been 4 months.

FilipinoHibs
08-11-2019, 01:33 AM
Have you ever known Hibs fans to be patient?

California-Hibs
08-11-2019, 03:22 AM
Great interviews. Honest and positive.

I actually think it's exciting times for us. Ron obviously believes that his business knowledge can help take us to the next level as far as revenue is concerned and it's great to hear him say that all increased revenue will be invested in the product on the park.

By the sounds of it things will be different at ER next season as far as the Matchday experience is concerned. I wonder what that will entail ?

Fan zone ?
Standing section ?
Much improved food and merchandise ?
New PA system ?

I picked up on this too, definitely sounds like they're going to focus on the match day experience for next year with some possibly big changes. Pretty excited to hear about what its going to entail.

Niffy
08-11-2019, 05:12 AM

His big back heid coos lick. Couldn’t stop watching it during the interview.

ancient hibee
08-11-2019, 01:56 PM
And the reason only ACTION will clear things up. It's been 8 months since RG took over, so not unreasonable to expect to see the impact of the change of ownership. The time for talk is over. Don;t want to hear any more promises and talk of tomorrow, want to see hard evidence of this bright new dawn for Hibs FC.

Call me old fashioned but I consider sacking the manager a definite ACTION.

jacomo
08-11-2019, 02:02 PM

Yeah, it’s all a bit of a tease at the moment.

bigwheel
08-11-2019, 02:05 PM
I picked up on this too, definitely sounds like they're going to focus on the match day experience for next year with some possibly big changes. Pretty excited to hear about what its going to entail.

All for innovation ..yet the match day experience I fancy at the moment is 3 points [emoji6][emoji106]

SMAXXA
08-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Good communication but possibly a missed opportunity to plug the community work and I am a wee bit concerned that he didn't mention the work of the foundation etc within his overall plans for the club. In saying that I'm glad cash will be directed towards the first team as a priority but I do hope Ron understands that the club's charitable side is one and the same with the identity of the club; we're a football club but for all intents and purposes we incorporate a social enterprise - one which happens to be emblazoned proudly across our shirts.

On which note, at the risk of veering wildly off-topic, I'm a big fan of the move but I think the Hibernian Community Foundation badly need a new logo that looks better on the shirt. Don't know if it's possible to change mid-season

I think he’s done enough on the community and associated elements so far since he cane in, now is a time for football matters and that’s what needs the focus and rightly will be that focus. That’s not dismissing the other components that make up Hibs but priorities dictate where we need our current focus to be

SMAXXA
08-11-2019, 02:10 PM
All for innovation ..yet the match day experience I fancy at the moment is 3 points [emoji6][emoji106]

Would it enhance that if you had a tailgate before it 😉

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 06:49 PM

What is matchday experience? We have been following Hibs for years, and now have all seated stadia, I would genuinely love to hear what makes a matchday experience?

Not having a go at you M, just highlighting your point, all I am interested in seeing a decent Hibs side pick up points

The 90+2
08-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Have you ever known Hibs fans to be patient?

Yes. We sat patiently for years as we sold out best players and struggled with pap because we built stadium and training grounds and then were meant to be ahead of everyone. We then got relegated. We’re a really patient support. Hearts won cups and pumped us on a regular basis on the tick and we had to sit and watch because we thought, patiently, they would end up going bust and we would be the top team in the city having being ran right, we then got relegated with them and they went up before us. We’re always told to be patient and the good times will roll. No wonder everyone is worried we are going back to the **** old days just when we had a taste of relative success.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 07:01 PM
After hearing his interview, I am concerned by him. What were his reasons for buying, and what his plans for us are?

Suppose we will have to wait until AGM, but some things are starting to worry me.

offshorehibby
08-11-2019, 07:21 PM
After hearing his interview, I am concerned by him. What were his reasons for buying, and what his plans for us are?

Suppose we will have to wait until AGM, but some things are starting to worry me.

Not sure why you would be concerned after hearing his interview. It sounded to me he already has plans and ideas on moving Hibs forward, just needs to get them in place before presenting them to the board then the fans. I'm eagerly looking forward.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Not sure why you would be concerned after hearing his interview. It sounded to me he already has plans and ideas on moving Hibs forward, just needs to get them in place before presenting them to the board then the fans. I'm eagerly looking forward.

I'm just not convinced, I await to hear his plans. I'm not eagerly looking forward to it, gut feel is something is brewing.

offshorehibby
08-11-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm just not convinced, I await to hear his plans. I'm not eagerly looking forward to it, gut feel is something is brewing.

Only time will tell BF
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Only time will tell BF
GGTTH
:aok:

PompeyHibs
08-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Both Leeann and Ron both talk about improving the match day experience for fans!!
ER is a superb stadium, its clean, it has good views of the pitch etc.
Fan experience (and growth) will only come by winning games and playing good football!

Are they trying to separate the footballing side from the fans experience at ER.
I can only think they are wanting Hibs fans to have a match day experience like we see on tv at NFL matches; 1) tail gate parties 2) food 3) drinks 4) live music 5) cheerleaders etc

Football to most of us is all about results not about the other stuff!

Bostonhibby
08-11-2019, 07:53 PM
I'm just not convinced, I await to hear his plans. I'm not eagerly looking forward to it, gut feel is something is brewing.Am with you just now. We've had plenty chat and off pitch distractions culminating in where we are today.

When it's eventually announced and we see how it's underpinned it could be exciting.

Deeds not words for the time being.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

bigwheel
08-11-2019, 08:00 PM
What is matchday experience? We have been following Hibs for years, and now have all seated stadia, I would genuinely love to hear what makes a matchday experience?

Not having a go at you M, just highlighting your point, all I am interested in seeing a decent Hibs side pick up points

Tbh B...I was simply trying say the only difference I care about is starting to win 3 points regularly... or really bothered about match day experience change

I’m happy with current pre match fitba chat and banter ...

bigwheel
08-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Would it enhance that if you had a tailgate before it [emoji6]

Hahaha. Nope ! ;)

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Tbh B...I was simply trying say the only difference I care about is starting to win 3 points regularly... or really bothered about match day experience change

I’m happy with current pre match fitba chat and banter ...

Indeed M, wonder what grand plans are in the offing, give me HC and others moaning pre match anytime:cb

bigwheel
08-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Indeed M, wonder what grand plans are in the offing, give me HC and others moaning pre match anytime:cb

[emoji2]. Pre match , during match and on the way home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji119]

Ps. See you up there tomorrow [emoji106]

Lancs Harp
08-11-2019, 08:06 PM
I've heard we're offering Chorizo and chilli topping options on the pizza slices.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 08:08 PM
[emoji2]. Pre match , during match and on the way home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji119]

Ps. See you up there tomorrow [emoji106]

Cheers M:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2019, 08:09 PM
I've heard we're offering Chorizo and chilli topping options on the pizza slices.

Hot dogs surely?:confused:

bingo70
08-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Can only imagine how much that’ll cost

givescotlandfreedom
09-11-2019, 06:40 PM
I saw Ron before the game today. Hopefully that performance shows him what we're capable of.

ronaldo7
09-11-2019, 07:39 PM

All this, match day experience pash (ER). Get yersel along tae an away match and experience it. :aok:

Power
09-11-2019, 09:56 PM
I saw Ron before the game today. Hopefully that performance shows him what we're capable of.

Outside the main stand for a fair bit today speaking to supporters - enthusiastic as always. Seen his first Hibs win in the flesh today.

RyeSloan
09-11-2019, 09:56 PM
I think even Ron understands that a winning team and 3 points is the best ‘experience’ the fans can have.

When he says he wants to improve the match day experience I think he actually saying he wants more fans to be in the ground longer and of course spending more money.

It’s clear as day our corporate side has been lacking for some time. The stadium interiors, lounges etc are far from giving a top ‘experience’.

The club shop can’t handle the volume of people on Match day and is a total pain to get around, browse or buy anything from...just at the time where we have the biggest potential to make money from the merchandise.

The general catering is crap with long queues and over priced so that experience is pretty poor.

Behind the goals is a watered down after thought and essentially there is no proper supporters bar for the fans to congregate before the game.

The list goes on and on so when he talks about Matchday experience he’s clearly not referring to the actual game and result but everything else that goes on in and around the stadium. Stuff that matters in terms of revenue and how people perceive the club.

I’m really looming forward to hearing the plans and like the fact he’s taking the right amount of time to for them. I also like how he clearly knows the difference between wanting to make change versus ran action plan to implement it. He sounds very much like someone who has applied a lot of change into business before and that to me is very encouraging!!

18Craig75
10-11-2019, 07:38 AM
I think even Ron understands that a winning team and 3 points is the best ‘experience’ the fans can have.

When he says he wants to improve the match day experience I think he actually saying he wants more fans to be in the ground longer and of course spending more money.

It’s clear as day our corporate side has been lacking for some time. The stadium interiors, lounges etc are far from giving a top ‘experience’.

The club shop can’t handle the volume of people on Match day and is a total pain to get around, browse or buy anything from...just at the time where we have the biggest potential to make money from the merchandise.

The general catering is crap with long queues and over priced so that experience is pretty poor.

Behind the goals is a watered down after thought and essentially there is no proper supporters bar for the fans to congregate before the game.

The list goes on and on so when he talks about Matchday experience he’s clearly not referring to the actual game and result but everything else that goes on in and around the stadium. Stuff that matters in terms of revenue and how people perceive the club.

I’m really looming forward to hearing the plans and like the fact he’s taking the right amount of time to for them. I also like how he clearly knows the difference between wanting to make change versus ran action plan to implement it. He sounds very much like someone who has applied a lot of change into business before and that to me is very encouraging!!

Great post. Time for fans to relax and show a bit faith. Ron hasn’t done or said anything since he came in to cause concern. If everyone gets behind him and the plans (once revealed) there’s no doubt in my mind we’ll go to the next level.

Easter Road has been neglected for too long. Get the hospitality, conference spaces, fan spaces and supporters bars sorted and it will generate huge revenue for us that will go straight back into the team.

Gmack7
10-11-2019, 12:47 PM
He needs to attract a large % of punters out the pubs in Leith on matchdays into the stadium for a couple of hours pre and post match. including me. good beer and food competitively priced with live games on or old hibs games on big screens before and after the game. would be a start

Deansy
10-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Yes. We sat patiently for years as we sold out best players and struggled with pap because we built stadium and training grounds and then were meant to be ahead of everyone. We then got relegated. We’re a really patient support. Hearts won cups and pumped us on a regular basis on the tick and we had to sit and watch because we thought, patiently, they would end up going bust and we would be the top team in the city having being ran right, we then got relegated with them and they went up before us. We’re always told to be patient and the good times will roll. No wonder everyone is worried we are going back to the **** old days just when we had a taste of relative success.

Toatlly agree with your post - probably explains why most 30+ year-old Hibees are quick to get pissed-off !. We spent roughly 3 decades building a stadium that, once completed, we were assured that the next step was putting a team on the pitch to compliment the surrroundings - rubbing salt into our empty pockets we had the Jambos and their roughly 3 decades of basically cheating and getting away with it so it's understandable why most are quick to be unhappy !. One minute we're watching McGinn and the next we're watching Vela ffs !!. Are we back to the usual Hibs - 1-2 seasons of great football followed by 7-8 years of dross ??. Of course, the main reason (or culprit depending on your own personal viewpoint) for those 3 decades of stadium-improvements taking precedence over the football-team has gone now so it's up to Ron (and Leeann) to fulfill the previous regime's pledge so he's obviously got to be given time - arguments/debates about the corners being filled-in aside, there's no great need for any further stadium improvements so he's bought himself a club (and ground) that's got superb potential for success !

Carheenlea
10-11-2019, 08:40 PM
He needs to attract a large % of punters out the pubs in Leith on matchdays into the stadium for a couple of hours pre and post match. including me. good beer and food competitively priced with live games on or old hibs games on big screens before and after the game. would be a start

I’d still prefer the pub and wander in 5 minutes before kick off to be honest.

Nicho87
10-11-2019, 09:27 PM

What’s always been a bug bear of mine is the odd occassion I’ve arrived early and wanted to see the last bit of the early game being shown on tv. The screen size of the game is shrunk from the potential full size of tv due to local advertising. Just get a couple of big TVs and show the full screen please. Bar too :)

SMAXXA
10-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Both Leeann and Ron both talk about improving the match day experience for fans!!
ER is a superb stadium, its clean, it has good views of the pitch etc.
Fan experience (and growth) will only come by winning games and playing good football!

Are they trying to separate the footballing side from the fans experience at ER.
I can only think they are wanting Hibs fans to have a match day experience like we see on tv at NFL matches; 1) tail gate parties 2) food 3) drinks 4) live music 5) cheerleaders etc

Football to most of us is all about results not about the other stuff!

I don’t think they both have the be mutually exclusive you can still do I think without compromising the other. We all obviously want the best product on the park of course but I’m convinced there is a lot of opportunities to enhance the overall experience, not a direct example but I’m sure going to spurs for a match is much different experience off the field to attending a Hibs game or other Scottish games. I’m not saying we need to build a state of the art stadium like theirs and I get they can have a beer before etx but there are things we can do to enhance the experience for everyone imo. I’m glad this is a focus area for us, we want to be innovative and lead the way in Scotland, wether we will do this remains to be seen once we are made aware of the plans.

To be fair even if they improved the catering it would be a positive step worth doing without the need of cheerleaders 😉