PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | LEEANN DEMPSTER

RSS Bot
07-11-2019, 12:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10397)

worcesterhibby
07-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Good to have such a comprehensive update and also to have a decent outline of the timeframe we can expect the new manager to be appointed in. They obviously don't have someone already lined up, so it is likely to be a few weeks till a replacement is found. Let's hope the coaching staff can get a couple of wins out of the team in the meantime.

I liked that Leanne was happy to cover issues raised by supporters and to admit sometimes she gets it wrong.

JXM73
07-11-2019, 12:51 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10397)

Looks like lack of sleep for oor CEO

B.H.F.C
07-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Good to have such a comprehensive update and also to have a decent outline of the timeframe we can expect the new manager to be appointed in. They obviously don't have someone already lined up, so it is likely to be a few weeks till a replacement is found. Let's hope the coaching staff can get a couple of wins out of the team in the meantime.

I liked that Leanne was happy to cover issues raised by supporters and to admit sometimes she gets it wrong.

I’d like to think she was being a bit cautious with that timescale. Would expect someone in for the first game after the break.

JimBHibees
07-11-2019, 12:55 PM
I’d like to think she was being a bit cautious with that timescale. Would expect someone in for the first game after the break.

It would make sense to do that. Agree think someone will be in for the game after the internationals.

Peevemor
07-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Of course she is. Given the way that every syllable uttered is dissected, some peoples' heads would literally explode if the club were a day late in making the appointment.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Of course she is. Given the way that every syllable uttered is dissected, some peoples' heads would literally explode if the club were a day late in making the appointment.

:agree: she had to say something or would’ve been criticised. So she’s given a timescale she knows she’ll meet comfortably.

worcesterhibby
07-11-2019, 01:09 PM
:agree: she had to say something or would’ve been criticised. So she’s given a timescale she knows she’ll meet comfortably.

Plus she will be trying to keep Budgie Guessing if they are after the same man !

Billy Whizz
07-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Good and interesting interview
Wonder what she means when she says, it’s maybe an opportunity for us a to change things up
Maybe do things slightly differently?

scooby
07-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Good and interesting interview
Wonder what she means when she says, it’s maybe an opportunity for us a to change things up
Maybe do things slightly differently?

My thoughts too Billy, maybe looking at revising the team management structure?

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 01:22 PM
With hindsight, there are areas of the squad we should have strengthened.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that. Most of us could see which areas were weak, and stated it on here at the time.

Maybe she's just trying to be diplomatic about the recruitment team's failings.

JohnMcM
07-11-2019, 01:23 PM
For me, that's a very good statement. Fills us in, doesn't duck the issue, accepts her personal involvement in his appointment and is open about the way forward.

That's all I need to know and hear for the time being.

Well done LD.

:flag:

MB62
07-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Getting back to what she was always good at, communicating with the fans and telling us like it is, and not just what we want to hear.

I know some were saying her peg was getting a bit shoogly recently, but to replace her, it would take a right gid yin to step in to her shoes.

Good to see you back Leeann :thumbsup:

RossScott1991
07-11-2019, 01:40 PM
“There’s been a lot of talk about our recruitment over the summer. I think it’s fair to say, with some hindsight, that there are areas we want to strengthen. The work will be done in January to try and do that.

The challenge will be on the guys in recruitment to make the adjustments we need in January because I think it’s obvious that we need a few.”

Sounds good to me. Her way of saying some signings are rubbish!

Andy.1875
07-11-2019, 01:51 PM
“You’reconfident the right person has a lot to work with?
They’ll have a lotto work with. The structure within the club, we believe, is really strong.There’s been a lot of talk about our recruitment over the summer. I think it’sfair to say, with some hindsight, that there are areas we want to strengthen.The work will be done in January to try and do that. If we lived our life in hindsight we’d be winning the Champions League.We make choices and changes as they come towards us. The challenge will be onthe guys in recruitment to make the adjustments we need in January because Ithink it’s obvious that we need a few.”

Much as love Hibs, even with 'hindsight', I don't think we would be winning the Champions League.

Speedway
07-11-2019, 02:06 PM
1. Looks like she’s been crying

2. Corporate speak full of prevarication ‘maybe, slightly, perhaps’ etc

3. Acknowledged both comms silence and crappy recruitment.

JimBHibees
07-11-2019, 02:08 PM
1. Looks like she’s been crying

2. Corporate speak full of prevarication ‘maybe, slightly, perhaps’ etc

3. Acknowledged both comms silence and crappy recruitment.

Really?

CockneyRebel
07-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that. Most of us could see which areas were weak, and stated it on here at the time.

I think it's pretty clear what she means. Why do some folk have to see how far they can twist words around. Like most statements from most clubs this one is fairly sanitised but if you want her to slag colleagues off in a public statement - it ain't gonna happen.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 02:13 PM
I think it's pretty clear what she means. Why do some folk have to see how far they can twist words around. Like most statements from most clubs this one is fairly sanitised but if you want her to slag colleagues off in a public statement - it ain't gonna happen.

I did give the caveat that she was maybe being diplomatic.

Am I not allowed to make any comment that you perceive as too negative?

Gerard
07-11-2019, 02:14 PM
It is good to hear from our CEO. I hope we can hear on regular basis from her about things taking place at our club.:wink:

CockneyRebel
07-11-2019, 02:26 PM
I did give the caveat that she was maybe being diplomatic.

Am I not allowed to make any comment that you perceive as too negative?

Of course you are, just as I am allowed to disagree...that's the way it works. Actually IMO your caveat showed that maybe there was no need for your post in the first place. You made an assumption (guess) about what she meant and then gave a very obvious explanation as to why the statement was worded as it was.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Of course you are, just as I am allowed to disagree...that's the way it works. Actually IMO your caveat showed that maybe there was no need for your post in the first place. You made an assumption (guess) about what she meant and then gave a very obvious explanation as to why the statement was worded as it was.

So I'm allowed to post what I want but you're also saying I shouldn't have posted it.

Okaaaaayyyy.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 03:38 PM

I would like to think we are not going to spend money around the stadium until we have the team. Now is not the time to be spending money on the stadium unless it is absolutely essential. Winning games will improve the match day experience.

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2019, 03:43 PM

I would more say, the manager failed the club and team.
Its possible by changes, she might discuss with new manager that certain players/positions are expected to be filled with Recruitment say-so and not only sign players the manager wants.

I believe, this could be what adjustment they foresee.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 03:48 PM
I would like to think we are not going to spend money around the stadium until we have the team. Now is not the time to be spending money on the stadium unless it is absolutely essential. Winning games will improve the match day experience.

The stadium experience is pretty drab compared to what is available elsewhere in the world. I’m not against improving that.
Our playing budget is decent, it just needs spent better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 03:50 PM
The comment about hindsight and strengthening other areas is one I imagine will frustrate a lot of people including myself.

It was clear as day to just about every fan we were lacking a midfielder that could tackle, defensive awareness and leadership qualities.

I also think we lacked real pace and a goal scorer, which fair enough they thought they were getting in Doidge.

I just find it a bit bizarre we signed James to compete with Gray and Whittikar, then when James was injured for about a month we shipped out our only back up at left back in Mackie for Naismith.

It is all if buts and maybes but I think we missed out on some really good players in the summer and never got any balance to the squad - ones which were evident for the majority of last season.

Other than that comment it’s good to hear from Leanne and she comes across well, if a bit tired and drained which I imagine is from the pressure she’s been under!

Hope she makes the right appointment, she will certainly have my backing!

J-C
07-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Its possible by changes, she might discuss with new manager that certain players/positions are expected to be filled with Recruitment say-so and not only sign players the manager wants.

Yep that was the structure in place when Stubbs was manager and it worked well, Lennon changed it a wee bit by bringing in Players he knew like Efe and Rocky but I think they allowed Heckingbottom too much leeway re signings and it's backfired. Any new head coach will have to work under the structure in place like before, it worked.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 03:54 PM
The stadium experience is pretty drab compared to what is available elsewhere in the world. I’m not against improving that.

Have you been to Grimsby :greengrin

Unseen work
07-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Out of curiousity, what is it folk would like improved about the match day experience? Other than the match itself :greengrin

J-C
07-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Out of curiousity, what is it folk would like improved about the match day experience? Other than the match itself :greengrin

Decent food at reasonable prices.

Behind the goals better equipped with staff, prices and atmosphere.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 04:01 PM

That sounds fair enough.

Hopefully it's what actually transpires.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Decent food at reasonable prices.

Behind the goals better equipped with staff, prices and atmosphere.

I would rather have a holding midfielder and three points :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Yep that was the structure in place when Stubbs was manager and it worked well, Lennon changed it a wee bit by bringing in Players he knew like Efe and Rocky but I think they allowed Heckingbottom too much leeway re signings and it's backfired. Any new head coach will have to work under the structure in place like before, it worked.

The only thing with that is a lot of managers will want the final say otherwise they won’t take the job.

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Spot on

CLASS OF 72 -73
07-11-2019, 04:25 PM

With respect you are either having a laugh or don't go to many games if your curious . The food is dire. behind the goals inept, singing section in the wrong place, PA system crap need I go on?
:confused:

Sammy7nil
07-11-2019, 04:33 PM
With respect you are either having a laugh or don't go to many games if your curious . The food is dire. behind the goals inept, singing section in the wrong place, PA system crap need I go on?
:confused:

Seriously with a winning team and a large noisy crowd everything else would be forgotten or forgiven. Let's get the important thinks right first and tinker afterwards.

McIntosh
07-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Leeann, hindsight cannot be projected into the future but experience can.

Hibee Mac
07-11-2019, 05:29 PM

The ability to buy good food without having to miss the end of the first half to get something would be a good improvement in my eyes.

CockneyRebel
07-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Leeann, hindsight cannot be projected into the future but experience can.

Hindsight is also experience.

CockneyRebel
07-11-2019, 06:23 PM
So I'm allowed to post what I want but you're also saying I shouldn't have posted it.

Okaaaaayyyy.

Because you pretty much answered yourself. Alriiiiiiiiight

The Modfather
07-11-2019, 06:27 PM
I would rather have a holding midfielder and three points :aok:

Why does it have to be either or?

MyJo
07-11-2019, 06:39 PM
The comment about hindsight and strengthening other areas is one I imagine will frustrate a lot of people including myself.

It was clear as day to just about every fan we were lacking a midfielder that could tackle, defensive awareness and leadership qualities.

I also think we lacked real pace and a goal scorer, which fair enough they thought they were getting in Doidge.

I just find it a bit bizarre we signed James to compete with Gray and Whittikar, then when James was injured for about a month we shipped out our only back up at left back in Mackie for Naismith.

It is all if buts and maybes but I think we missed out on some really good players in the summer and never got any balance to the squad - ones which were evident for the majority of last season.

Other than that comment it’s good to hear from Leanne and she comes across well, if a bit tired and drained which I imagine is from the pressure she’s been under!

I think her reference to hindsight is in allowing Heckingbottom the freedom to build the squad and have the final say on transfers which has led to a poorly balanced squad with clear areas of weakness.

She has helped put a structure and recruitment team in place over the last 5 years and if rumours are true Heckingbottom didn't utilise it and signed his own players instead.

I think the different ways of working will be not giving the head coach full control over transfers in the same way moving forward. They can collaborate with the recruitment team but won't have the overall veto and freedom to sign whoever they want like Heckingbottom had.

Lago
07-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Because you pretty much answered yourself. Alriiiiiiiiight

Will you two just shake hands, kiss & make up. :agree:

WhileTheChief..
07-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Decent statement, glad to hear her say the focus will be on the football now. Let’s hope it stays that way.

tonyrougier123
07-11-2019, 09:45 PM
This interview goes a long way with me in terms of respecting leeanns decision making,this interview would have been very hard to make no bones about it.
Recruitment I think has now been identified as an even source of the predicament we are in currently,along with the unsatisfactory coaching teams results.
There is no exact science bringing players in,but most supporters knew again early the nucleus of the team was off balanced yet again.
When you have undoubted faith in people its not an easy decision to change things up,and todays releases go a long way with me.

Hopefully the next appointment is able to put some gravy back in to the current team,and get us climbing the table again.

Thank you leeann

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Have you been to Grimsby :greengrin

Cleethorpes :wink:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 11:09 PM
The only thing with that is a lot of managers will want the final say otherwise they won’t take the job.

They won't be offered the job.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2019, 11:28 PM
Seriously with a winning team and a large noisy crowd everything else would be forgotten or forgiven. Let's get the important thinks right first and tinker afterwards.

“At what price the cheesmonger?” I hear people ask ;)

Onion
08-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Strangely, have bit of sympathy with LD and the Hibs Board here. Is it their role to question a new manager on how he sets the team up, who he recruits (other than money) and his philosophy on the game ? Once appointed, they've got to have faith that the manager/coach know what he's doing. Sadly in PH case, he didn't, so the Board are left with no other option but the sack the fool. The problem was appointing PH in the first place. The Board should have been able to ask the hard questions at that time.

monktonharp
08-11-2019, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=WhileTheChief..;5983944]Decent statement, glad to hear her say the focus will be on the football now. Let’s hope it stays that way.[/QUOTE She looked quite tired of the whole situation. hopefully her and her staff can correct things fairly soon by getting a man than turn us roond quickly. can see that being quite hard though until the window opens and we have a lot of hard games ahead before that happens.

HFC 0-7
08-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Heard on the radio LD saying that she didn’t think there was anything wrong with the player recruitment over the summer and that the players have got unfair criticism. Strange one that.

zitelli62
08-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Cleethorpes :wink:

Cleethorpes was great for a holiday.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2019, 04:14 PM
They won't be offered the job.

I know - you could argue we’re limiting our choice by doing that though.

Keith_M
08-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Will you two just shake hands, kiss & make up. :agree:

Yuck!

PompeyHibs
08-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Leeann should have acted at least 6 weeks ago and sacked Hecky!!
Poor form by Leeann!!