PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | GRAEME MATHIE

RSS Bot
07-11-2019, 12:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10399)

Hibs90
07-11-2019, 12:41 PM
1 or 2? Certainly need more than 1 or 2 Graham.

stokesmessiah
07-11-2019, 12:42 PM
So that will be a sitting midfielder and additional forward in January then ??

worcesterhibby
07-11-2019, 12:48 PM
First time I've really listened to Mathie give a presentation...seems like a good guy and making positive statements. We all know talk is cheap and what counts are results...but to be fair it's obvious that he knows that too.

JimBHibees
07-11-2019, 12:56 PM
First time I've really listened to Mathie give a presentation...seems like a good guy and making positive statements. We all know talk is cheap and what counts are results...but to be fair it's obvious that he knows that too.

Speaks well I agree.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Says he didn’t envisage Heckingbottom getting the sack when he was appointed 3 weeks ago? Bit concerning if he didn’t see that coming.
Also fails to acknowledge how poor recruitment has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway
07-11-2019, 02:12 PM
1. Starting to learn the corporate speak of his boss

2. Thanked Paul, Robbie, Gary, Jason and Mark for their efforts.

3. Said very little else.

green with envy
07-11-2019, 02:14 PM
So that will be a sitting midfielder and additional forward in January then ??

No sure about the sitting midfielder but Griffith's is a cert for the additional forward.:greengrin

SMAXXA
07-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Says he didn’t envisage Heckingbottom getting the sack when he was appointed 3 weeks ago? Bit concerning if he didn’t see that coming.

You love a moan eh

Liam89
07-11-2019, 02:28 PM

Yawn. Your negativity is so off-putting.

Speedway
07-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Yawn. Your negativity is so off-putting.

True. Your own contributions stand without equal.

Allant1981
07-11-2019, 02:39 PM

What else was he going to say, he was never going to say that the players are rank rotten and the coaching team were rubbish as well

jacomo
07-11-2019, 02:48 PM
Speaks well I agree.

Quite impressed by what he has to say about taking personal responsibility and reflecting on what has gone wrong.

My personal reflection is that Hibs are maybe a bit too process-driven at the moment. Yes process is important, but where you had LD, Mathie and Hecky, where is the emotion? Where is the fire in the belly?

Our team lacks both balance and leadership at the moment. Our processes led us down the wrong path. We need to rediscover the killer instinct.

Speedway
07-11-2019, 02:55 PM
What else was he going to say, he was never going to say that the players are rank rotten and the coaching team were rubbish as well

And therefore the point of such communications if they are to say nothing of substance is...?

Ozyhibby
07-11-2019, 02:59 PM
You love a moan eh

Just pointing out the obvious. Today’s statements sound like middle managers going through the motions.
Like I said elsewhere, I wasn’t chomping at the bit to hear from Hibs until they had something to say and it’s clear they still don’t have anything to say.
This guy was failing at his previous job and has been rewarded with a promotion. Maybe the plan is amazing but until they are ready to put it in place I’d rather they didn’t put out nonsense like today.

green day
07-11-2019, 04:02 PM
This is important -

There is another big piece of work being done just now on recruitment. Not just in the summer but over the past five years – those that have been successful and those that haven’t worked out the way we would have hopes – so we can learn. We’re also comparing ourselves to rivals in the marketplace to make sure we’re looking in the right places for players to have a squad capable of competing at the level we want to compete at.

The Harp Awakes
07-11-2019, 04:31 PM
I think the Club updates issued today are a positive step. Good to hear Ron's thoughts and an acceptance by LD that communication emanating from the Club has not been good recently.

I'm not so impressed by GM's update. To say wholesale changes in the squad are not required and that 1 or 2 new faces are needed for January I think is vastly underestimating our current plight. Also emphasising that individual games could have went other ways is a weak point. The results and quality of performances since the last split have been rank rotten apart from the odd game.

Really does re- enforce the impression that some within the Club have gone asleep at the wheel over the last year. I really hope some are not still asleep.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2019, 04:32 PM
I think the Club updates issued today are a positive step. Good to hear Ron's thoughts and an acceptance by LD that communication emanating from the Club has not been good recently.

I'm not so impressed by GM's update. To say wholesale changes in the squad are not required and that 1 or 2 new faces are needed for January I think is vastly underestimating our current plight. Also emphasising that individual games could have went other ways is a weak point. The results and quality of performances since the last split have been rank rotten apart from the odd game.

Really does re- enforce the impression that some within the Club have gone asleep at the wheel over the last year. I really hope some are not still asleep.

Probably only 1 or 2 if no one leaves

3pm
07-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Probably only 1 or 2 if no one leaves

Swap for Vela for Dylan.

Smartie
07-11-2019, 04:55 PM

Suggesting that Paul Heckingbottom is the Howard Donald of Hibs managers is a novel argument I suppose.

Sergio sledge
07-11-2019, 05:07 PM

You're never going to be satisfied if you expect him to come out and say, "I did a crap job in the summer and all the players we signed aren't good enough."

However, if you are looking for an acknowledgement that mistakes have been made and that they perhaps were looking at the wrong level for players then I think what he says here is as close as you are going to get:

There is another big piece of work being done just now on recruitment. Not just in the summer but over the past five years – those that have been successful and those that haven’t worked out the way we would have hopes – so we can learn. We’re also comparing ourselves to rivals in the marketplace to make sure we’re looking in the right places for players to have a squad capable of competing at the level we want to compete at.

McKenzie
07-11-2019, 07:31 PM
How many good players are available in January? 3 is the maximum you’d expect, without going through huge transitions mid season. Impressed every time he speaks and think we are in good hands.