PDA

View Full Version : Club statement or press conference tomorrow?

Hibeesforever
06-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Well, the "coming days" are nearly up...what do we think the Club will say or do when they talk to the media and fans shortly.

There is a great opportunity to be bullish and lay out that there are expected standards at Hibernian Football Club...fans expect nothing less or apathy will set in!

lord bunberry
06-11-2019, 08:27 PM
I doubt there will be anything announced until after the game at the weekend. It’s the international break after Saturday and I would imagine the new manager would be in place during that.

bawheid
06-11-2019, 08:30 PM
I feel disengaged with this thread.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2019, 08:36 PM
How many are "coming days"?

04Sauzee
06-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Will May not be doing his press conference tomorrow for the St J game?

Sammy7nil
06-11-2019, 08:50 PM

It used to be them all :fibber:
Not any more :greengrin

bingo70
06-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Will May not be doing his press conference tomorrow for the St J game?

Used to always be on a Friday but think Heckingbottom changed it to a Thursday, don’t know if that means it might be back to Friday again now?

Imo he should get Murray or Whittaker to do it, if he doesn’t want the job, even as caretaker he’s not really helping anyone going out there and doing it.

Greenworld
06-11-2019, 08:55 PM
It's a great point and systematic of the disregard the club now have for the fans . The statement said more to come in the following days.
Nothing as usual from anyone

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

brianmc
06-11-2019, 09:00 PM
*****, misleading thread title.

Ffs. Stick a ? at the end of your title if you're asking a question.

Speedway
06-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Every day beyond today is a coming day.

JXM73
06-11-2019, 09:01 PM
I think the anxiety of the fans is affecting the standard of threads these days

bingo70
06-11-2019, 09:06 PM
I think it’s a valid point from the OP (apart from the lack of a ?)

Don’t really see why people are taking the piss or being pedantic about the term ‘coming days’

The club have clearly insinuated there is going to be more to say on the matter and I think it’s fair to assume it’ll be this week so I’m wondering what the club have got to say as well.

Hopefully there’ll be something interesting coming out tomorrow.

SMAXXA
06-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Don’t really see why people are taking the piss or being pedantic about the term ‘coming days’

The club have clearly insinuated there is going to be more to say on the matter and I think it’s fair to assume it’ll be this week so I’m wondering what the club have got to say as well.

I’m not as hopeful as you that we will hear anything insightful other than the standard results weren’t good enough and league position unacceptable. What else do we really think they will say over and above? Interest is overwhelming lots of high quality applications etc, again will be standard stuff imo

MacGruber
06-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Yeah I think that's fair.

Real Emerald
06-11-2019, 09:49 PM
I’m not as hopeful as you that we will hear anything insightful other than the standard results weren’t good enough and league position unacceptable. What else do we really think they will say over and above? Interest is overwhelming lots of high quality applications etc, again will be standard stuff imo

They’ve not even given a reason why PH was relieved of his duties yet. I know it’s fairly obvious why he was sacked but no reason has been officially given. Until they do that’s 2 managers in a row that have gone without explanation. For all we know there could have been a major bust up and it’s nothing to do with results. I’m saying this with tongue firmly in cheek but non the less we actually don’t know, yet!

Jim44
06-11-2019, 10:38 PM
I feel disengaged with this thread.

I’d get the ring back, if I were you. :cb

neil7908
06-11-2019, 10:58 PM

Less than many days but more than a few.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2019, 08:42 AM
They’ve not even given a reason why PH was relieved of his duties yet. I know it’s fairly obvious why he was sacked but no reason has been officially given. Until they do that’s 2 managers in a row that have gone without explanation. For all we know there could have been a major bust up and it’s nothing to do with results. I’m saying this with tongue firmly in cheek but non the less we actually don’t know, yet!

I’m still waiting to hear why Mixu left. They just said “mutual consent” iirc?

Dazzjw1875
07-11-2019, 08:45 AM
I think that new gaffer will be announced today or the morn just a feeling.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Every day beyond today is a coming day.

Hopefully

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 08:58 AM

The OP said that "the coming days are nearly up".

The dramatic, and inaccurate, nature of that comment invites comment on various levels.

What he means is PH was sacked 2 days ago and I want to know what's happening cos I have no patience.

To me, "Coming days" means anytime within the next few months.

It would be perfectly valid to say, "We'll find out what's happening with Brexit in the coming days". That doesn't mean by Saturday.

Had the club said "Next few days", we could discuss how many was a few, but they didn't.

Semantics. You gotta love 'em.

Greenworld
07-11-2019, 09:05 AM
I’m not as hopeful as you that we will hear anything insightful other than the standard results weren’t good enough and league position unacceptable. What else do we really think they will say over and above? Interest is overwhelming lots of high quality applications etc, again will be standard stuff imoYou know what for most that would in itself be welcome .
Anything would be welcome in fact I find it disgraceful the way the club has stepped back from engaging with the fans.
A little added info like we have been inundated with applications from USA managers for some reason would be interesting [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bingo70
07-11-2019, 09:12 AM
The OP said that "the coming days are nearly up".

The dramatic, and inaccurate, nature of that comment invites comment on various levels.

What he means is PH was sacked 2 days ago and I want to know what's happening cos I have no patience.

To me, "Coming days" means anytime within the next few months.

It would be perfectly valid to say, "We'll find out what's happening with Brexit in the coming days". That doesn't mean by Saturday.

Had the club said "Next few days", we could discuss how many was a few, but they didn't.

Semantics. You gotta love 'em.

To me, coming days, means the next few days.

If they were talking in months, they would have said in the coming months, same with weeks.

Anyway, it’s not really a big deal, as you say, it’s semantics but I do think the club have intimated there would be more to say this week.

GloryGlory
07-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Why is any manager given his jotters? Almost always "results, results, results".

Andy74
07-11-2019, 09:27 AM
He’s gone. Who cares what follow up chat there is on it? The next manager is the important thing, not the detail of what the club and previous manager end up agreeing what we say about his departure.

A bit different to the Lennon one as this was without much question based on our performance.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2019, 09:33 AM
To me, coming days, means the next few days.

If they were talking in months, they would have said in the coming months, same with weeks.

Anyway, it’s not really a big deal, as you say, it’s semantics but I do think the club have intimated there would be more to say this week.

I doubt very much that they've put as much thought into the statement as to intimate anything.

It was a hastily prepared one liner which they were forced to issue because of the leaks to the press.

What they should have said was "as soon as possible".

However, I'm sure we'll hear something in the next week or so, maybe even by the weekend.

You have to admit, the OP should have realised that folk would be all over a melodramatic phrase like "The coming days are nearly up".

Wasn't that a song by Florence and the Machine? :wink:

madhatter
07-11-2019, 10:25 AM
He’s gone. Who cares what follow up chat there is on it? The next manager is the important thing, not the detail of what the club and previous manager end up agreeing what we say about his departure.

A bit different to the Lennon one as this was without much question based on our performance.

I agree. Although, if club are wanting to release statement to bring the whole thing to a formal close then so be it. Sooner the better.

Also, while I know there is more to the Lennon "incident", being fair to the club they could have legitimately sacked Lennon for the form we were in near the end of his tenure.

HH81
07-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Let's hope take time and get right person in to move forward. There is no rush.

Golden Bear
07-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Let's hope take time and get right person in to move forward. There is no rush.

Exactly. If a few days turns into a few weeks then so be it. Getting right is of paramount importance in view of the position we currently find ourselves.

FilipinoHibs
07-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Think the back up plan been in operation for a while. Fact that Fowler at last two home games indicates it is Ross and announcement imminent.

overdrive
07-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Think the back up plan been in operation for a while. Fact that Fowler at last two home games indicates it is Ross and announcement imminent.

I’m not sure, but I think Fowler may be a Hibs fan. I’ve seen him walking back with his kid from Easter Road towards McDonald Road after matches a few times when Lennon was in charge.

McKenzie
07-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Plenty communication released. What has taken so long.

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 12:33 PM
So are ye all happy noo?