PDA

View Full Version : New Scotland Home Shirt

SteveHFC
05-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Apparently this is the new home shirt

https://www.tamb.net/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_11/Screenshot_20191105-212037_Twitter.thumb.jpg.266ad3820faa28f3b3f6c1bd2 205cd27.jpghttps://www.tamb.net/forum/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_11/FB_IMG_1572983475972.thumb.jpeg.4d9ce2aed5e560598d f24ec47e848451.jpeg&key=910c1af26b91fde7087c7b8b98dd72f28f5bc98655b889 c3cec05fb625ef9734

Nice top ruined by the sleeves.

Vault Boy
05-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Not too keen on that either. We've had a few questionable ones from Adidas I think.

GreenOnions
05-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Deary me. It's like they had some extra material left from other strips and decided to use it on these sleeves instead of waste it.

Or - maybe it's supposed to hint that you're wearing a sneaky Hamilton Accies top under the Scotland one?

California-Hibs
06-11-2019, 12:57 AM
Sleeves are questionable but its better than the current top. I'll get it.

Speedway
06-11-2019, 06:40 AM
Is this yet another retro nod?

This time to Mexico ‘86?

FilipinoHibs
06-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Sleeves are questionable but its better than the current top. I'll get it.
Love the current one. A timeless classic. I will wear for the rest of my life.

Pretty Boy
06-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Do other international teams change kits as often as Scotland? There seems to be a kit launch every other week.

Yes, I know it a commercial thing before anyone jumps in but I think this is about the 7th or 8th kit in 5 years. Off the top of my head we have had the all navy with red socks, the Roseberry kit, the one with white sleeves, pink and black, current kit and yellow away kit.

Frazerbob
06-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Do other international teams change kits as often as Scotland? There seems to be a kit launch every other week.

Yes, I know it a commercial thing before anyone jumps in but I think this is about the 7th or 8th kit in 5 years. Off the top of my head we have had the all navy with red socks, the Roseberry kit, the one with white sleeves, pink and black, current kit and yellow away kit.

New kits for every campaign, or every finals to be precise. So every 2 years, same as all other nations. Unfortunately we don’t get to show ours off at the tournaments. All the Euro finalists will be sporting a new strip for the tournament. We do seem to be launching it earlier this time for some reason.

Blaster
06-11-2019, 07:43 AM
The problem is the cost. Think they are tied in with JD Sports so they set a high price and no challenge as nobody else can sell them

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2019, 07:48 AM

I think it feels like this because the home and away tops come out at different times

worcesterhibby
06-11-2019, 08:12 AM
New kits for every campaign, or every finals to be precise. So every 2 years, same as all other nations. Unfortunately we don’t get to show ours off at the tournaments. All the Euro finalists will be sporting a new strip for the tournament. We do seem to be launching it earlier this time for some reason.

hoping to sell them ahead of the play-offs as we are likely to get knocked out and not reach the tournament I should think. Personally I think it's horrible.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-11-2019, 08:41 AM
The tie dye stripes are poor (not groovy at all dude)
and the sleeves look like something from a Dundee shirt in the 1980s

It's a no from me

Just_Jimmy
06-11-2019, 08:44 AM
For £65, the, the SFA, adidas and JD sports monopoly can take a long walk off a short pier.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
06-11-2019, 09:06 AM
hoping to sell them ahead of the play-offs as we are likely to get knocked out and not reach the tournament I should think. Personally I think it's horrible.

Agreed, it’s bogging. They’re obviously hoping for some xmas sales too. Which does make sense.

Frazerbob
06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
For £65, the, the SFA, adidas and JD sports monopoly can take a long walk off a short pier.

It’ll be around £50 with SSC discount.

GreenCastle
06-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Awful shirt for an awful team.

The Modfather
06-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Bar the sleeves looks like every other home top we’ve had the last while.

Speedway
06-11-2019, 09:46 AM
It looks like ink blots on paper.

EI255
06-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Apparently this is the new home shirt

https://www.tamb.net/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_11/Screenshot_20191105-212037_Twitter.thumb.jpg.266ad3820faa28f3b3f6c1bd2 205cd27.jpghttps://www.tamb.net/forum/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_11/FB_IMG_1572983475972.thumb.jpeg.4d9ce2aed5e560598d f24ec47e848451.jpeg&key=910c1af26b91fde7087c7b8b98dd72f28f5bc98655b889 c3cec05fb625ef9734

Nice top ruined by the sleeves.Take away the Adidas logo and three stripes and is it still nice?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Purple & Green
06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
We haven't qualified for a major tournament since we ditched Umbro.

I know what I think we should do.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Looks like a hun top 😯

worcesterhibby
06-11-2019, 12:04 PM
We haven't qualified for a major tournament since we ditched Umbro.

I know what I think we should do.

Hibs should go back to Bukta too :)

KeithTheHibby
06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Totally honking. Wtf is the silly stripes across it for?

Next.

Just_Jimmy
06-11-2019, 12:52 PM
It’ll be around £50 with SSC discount.Which is fine if you're in the SSC...

65 quid is scandalous

lyonhibs
06-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Yikes, like a Scotland shirt pyjama top. Will not be getting.

#persevered
06-11-2019, 02:08 PM
It's a bit too much like a rangers home top for my liking. I'll skip this one

One Day Soon
06-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Have we ever had a top that reflected the saltire? Peru's white with the red diagonal strip is one of the best kits in the world and I don't see why we couldn't wear blue with the cross of St Andrew across the front.

BlackSheep
06-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Yuk.

wpj
06-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Still have the 1998 top for the France world cup, cant ever see me replacing it. Classic shirt

Sylar
06-11-2019, 03:20 PM
It's like a mixed Celtc/Rangers top - blue red and white with hoops...

It also looks cheap and ugly.

It sums up everything about the national side at the minute - honking and Glasgow-centric.

Wee Effen Bee
06-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Only Scotland can fk up an Adidas top! Shocking! Is the red a nod to the bad old days when the old SFA board insisted the colours of the national team were Union Jack red, white and blue? The socks were red previously!

hibbyfraelibby
06-11-2019, 04:39 PM
All Scotland football tops are bowffin.

Wrong shade of blue with overtone of weegie schemie

Since90+2
06-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Honking. Abit like the team I suppose.

SteveHFC
10-11-2019, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandnt/status/1193600828105543680?s=21

Confirmed to be the new home kit.

Carheenlea
10-11-2019, 08:15 PM
The shorts look they are from a different kit - bit of a mix mash like most of our 5’s rig outs.

Looks cheap (which of course it’s anything but)

Glory Lurker
10-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Bowfin.

Lancs Harp
10-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Wont be buying one :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Is this yet another retro nod?

This time to Mexico ‘86?

That was my first thought, the Mexico kit, though not as good. Don't like it at all.

Jones28
10-11-2019, 09:51 PM
How can you **** up a dark blue top?

Leave it to the SFA.

Bristolhibby
11-11-2019, 12:04 AM
This with Adidas stripes right down the sleeves from the neck.

White shorts, red socks. Done. An instant classic.

https://dnre29p915wg3.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/s/c/scotland-86-home-wc-emb_2_3_3_1.jpg

CloudSquall
11-11-2019, 12:16 AM
Red white and blue sleeves?

Get that Team GB nonsense directly tae ****.

JOD
11-11-2019, 01:27 AM
Why is there red in a Scotland strip.
The last time I looked at the saltire it was blue /white.

Hibernia&Alba
11-11-2019, 02:11 AM

That's what I thought, hence I never like red socks in the Scotland strip. Then again, England wear blue shorts; perhaps it's the shared Britishness :fishin:

CloudSquall
11-11-2019, 02:19 AM
They've used the same shorts and socks from the current away strip which is why they don't match with the top.

Got to ask yourself who the ... looked at this kit and approved it?

Steve-O
11-11-2019, 04:18 AM

You ever noticed that creature in the middle of the badge?

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 07:27 AM
You ever noticed that creature in the middle of the badge?

Yep, and that isn’t a Saltire, it’s the royal standard.

Only in Scotland can’t the national flag be incorporated into the strip.

The current new strip is horrible.

Diclonius
11-11-2019, 07:36 AM
£65 for another shirt we won't see at a major tournament.

I'll pass.

Coults1875
11-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Went to the launch night last night (be the first to see the new shirt) and in true SFA fashion they uploaded the new shirt to social media before the actual launch took place :rolleyes:

The top itself if actually not bad in person, i wasnt keen on it when i seen the leak above but i ended up buying it last night. Not to worried about the red as we have had red in our kits before but its the navy shorts that i don't understand. They don't even match the top :confused:

mcohibs
11-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Yep, and that isn’t a Saltire, it’s the royal standard.

Only in Scotland can’t the national flag be incorporated into the strip.

The current new strip is horrible.

Not really true in fairness. Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Northern Ireland, Australia to name a few all have strips that do not resemble their flags at all. There's a lot of other factors that go into a nation's home kit.

Red has been a consistent feature of Scotland home and away kits for years (as has yellow as they both feature in the Lion Rampant) - don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it features on the sleeves?

Springbank
11-11-2019, 12:36 PM
That's what I thought, hence I never like red socks in the Scotland strip. Then again, England wear blue shorts; perhaps it's the shared Britishness :fishin:

I'll bite...perhaps we should take it further and sing God Save the Queen at the anthems

Does anyone else know of another national anthem worldwide that has a verse saying anything like "crush the rebellious Scots", like God Save the Queen does?
It seems remarkable, that an anthem could incite the crushing of a group *within* the nation.

Unimaginable that v3 of Flower of Scotland would say "those days are past now, and in the past, they must remain, except for the Fifers, who should be crushed all over again"...

I don't feel the love from GStQ

marinello59
11-11-2019, 12:39 PM
I'll bite...perhaps we should take it further and sing God Save the Queen at the anthems

Does anyone else know of another national anthem worldwide that has a verse saying anything like "crush the rebellious Scots", like God Save the Queen does?
It seems remarkable, that an anthem could incite the crushing of a group *within* the nation.

Unimaginable that v3 of Flower of Scotland would say "those days are past now, and in the past, they must remain, except for the Fifers, who should be crushed all over again"...

A myth, that verse was never in the anthem. It only appeared in a pamphlet. The equivalent nowadays would be making up a new verse and posting it on Twitter. :greengrin

Keith_M
11-11-2019, 12:48 PM

It actually doesn't.

There was a verse added that included that line, in the late 18th century, but it's not in the current version and it's debatable if it was every in any 'official' version of the song.

However, I am a republican* and would feel queasy singing about an allegiance to our anachronistic monarchy.

* Not in relation to Irish politics, just against any form of monarchy

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Not really true in fairness. Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Northern Ireland, Australia to name a few all have strips that do not resemble their flags at all. There's a lot of other factors that go into a nation's home kit.

Red has been a consistent feature of Scotland home and away kits for years (as has yellow as they both feature in the Lion Rampant) - don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it features on the sleeves?

I said that for effect, but the German strip has the eagle on it , which is a well known symbol of imperial Germany, the Italian Strip has the Italian national colours on it's badge and the Dutch Strip traditionally incorporates a rampant lion , which features very strongly on the countries royal coat of arms. Northern Ireland is maybe a bit of a unique case and there is no way the Australian or New Zealand football tops are going to incorporate a Union Jack as part of their badge, are they?

I like the lion rampant badge, but I'm not a fan of red on the Scotland top. Searching on like, the true pedant I am, show that there was no red in the Scotland top for the whole of the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's. There was a red sleeve trim from 96-98 and again during 08-09.

My conclusion is that red has never been a consistent feature of the Scotland home top, only being present for c 4 years out of the past 70. The current top is poor regardless.

worcesterhibby
11-11-2019, 01:17 PM
I said that for effect, but the German strip has the eagle on it , which is a well known symbol of imperial Germany, the Italian Strip has the Italian national colours on it's badge and the Dutch Strip traditionally incorporates a rampant lion , which features very strongly on the countries royal coat of arms. Northern Ireland is maybe a bit of a unique case and there is no way the Australian or New Zealand football tops are going to incorporate a Union Jack as part of their badge, are they?

I like the lion rampant badge, but I'm not a fan of red on the Scotland top. Searching on like, the true pedant I am, show that there was no red in the Scotland top for the whole of the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's. There was a red sleeve trim from 96-98 and again during 08-09.

My conclusion is that red has never been a consistent feature of the Scotland home top, only being present for c 4 years out of the past 70. The current top is poor regardless.

Personally I like blue shirt, white shorts, red socks.

Dalglish wore it, Archie Gemmill wore it. It was strip that had us playing great football and qualifying. The new shirt is horrid, but I have no issue with red socks.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Personally I like blue shirt, white shorts, red socks.

Dalglish wore it, Archie Gemmill wore it. It was strip that had us playing great football and qualifying. The new shirt is horrid, but I have no issue with red socks.

Me neither, for the reasons you mention, but I'm less keen on it featuring on the top.

mcohibs
11-11-2019, 01:35 PM

Your first paragraph only confirms my point that there is more to a team's national kit than their flag (I'm well aware of those countries' traditions you've outlined) and also that Scotland is in fact not a unique case, which you seem to have been suggesting it was - 'only in Scotland does the kit not incorporate our flag'

I never claimed that red was a consistent feature on Scotland tops (it isn't - apart from the badge), I did say that it has regularly featured in Scotland kits throughout the years (shorts, socks included) - which it has almost since inception of the national team. My point was, why are folk so opposed to the colour red now when its been part of our kit for over one hundred years? In fairness, it wasn't your post that was opposed to red, rather JOD's post below...

TelaStella
11-11-2019, 02:04 PM
I think our last two (current one especially) have been the best we’ve had for a long long time so its hard work to keep producing something better every time. I think this effort isn’t actually that bad at all but agree that the sleeves are a bit of a put off. As some have said already it doesn’t seem that long ago since the latest one was released, why change so soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
11-11-2019, 07:33 PM
We had a wee spell 10-15 years ago where we didn’t have reference to the SFA on the badge. Wish we’d go back to that. Imagine forking out £65 for the pleasure of promoting that shower of incompetents. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I used to think international strips that just had the country’s flag as the badge were lame. Turkey’s has convinced me over the years that they aren’t. I’m open to other non-SFA symbols, but I wouldn’t mind us just having the saltire - Pantone 300 saltire though, please.

Frazerbob
11-11-2019, 10:02 PM

There’s been red in plenty home shirts previously. Quick google search......

tamig
11-11-2019, 10:40 PM
There’s been red in plenty home shirts previously. Quick google search......

I don’t think so. No more than a handful. Unless you’re counting the badge of course.

iwasthere1972
11-11-2019, 10:55 PM
They're minging and that's me being kind.

Frazerbob
12-11-2019, 06:42 AM
I don’t think so. No more than a handful. Unless you’re counting the badge of course.

Believe me, there are plenty. 1997 is a good example. Can’t be arsed posting links from my phone, do your own homework lol. Then there’s the red away shirts (a couple of classics)and decades of red socks. Red has featured in our strips for longer than I’ve been alive.

The Spaceman
12-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Absolutely howfing. One of the worst home strips I have ever seen.

Since452
12-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Absolutely howfing. One of the worst home strips I have ever seen.

Good match for the national team then

superfurryhibby
12-11-2019, 07:25 AM

Believe me, there are plenty. 1997 is a good example. Can’t be arsed posting links from my phone, do your own homework lol. Then there’s the red away shirts (a couple of classics)and decades of red socks. Red has featured in our strips for longer than I’ve been alive.

One of us is wrong.

I looked on line yesterday.

tamig
12-11-2019, 08:22 AM

That’s exactly what I did. I can only recall a handful. And thats what came up in the results. Plenty red socks and away strips but you said plenty home ones. You’re wrong.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-2010-2019.html

tamig
12-11-2019, 08:25 AM
One of us is wrong.

I looked on line yesterday.

And it’s not you who is wrong 👍

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Looks like a hun top 😯

:agree:

A lot of folk on social media saying the same thing and won't be buying it for that reason.

Bristolhibby
12-11-2019, 10:23 AM
It actually doesn't.

There was a verse added that included that line, in the late 18th century, but it's not in the current version and it's debatable if it was every in any 'official' version of the song.

However, I am a republican* and would feel queasy singing about an allegiance to our anachronistic monarchy.

* Not in relation to Irish politics, just against any form of monarchy

Agreed, add to the fact that I’m an Atheist, and asking something I don’t believe in to Save someone in a position that I don’t believe should be in existence. A ridiculous anthem.

J

Frazerbob
12-11-2019, 10:44 AM
That’s exactly what I did. I can only recall a handful. And thats what came up in the results. Plenty red socks and away strips but you said plenty home ones. You’re wrong.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-2010-2019.html

Looking at your link, at least 4 home shirts in my time following Scotland have featured red and almost every year has had either red socks or red in the away kit. (The wee cartoons don’t include every little detail incidentally) I don’t recall a fuss when our France 98 shirt featured far more red than this one. Why has it become such an issue this time?

For the avoidance of doubt, I think it’s a crap strip, just not sure why folk are losing their **** because of the red bits.

tamig
12-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Looking at your link, at least 4 home shirts in my time following Scotland have featured red and almost every year has had either red socks or red in the away kit. (The wee cartoons don’t include every little detail incidentally) I don’t recall a fuss when our France 98 shirt featured far more red than this one. Why has it become such an issue this time?

For the avoidance of doubt, I think it’s a crap strip, just not sure why folk are losing their **** because of the red bits.
I’m not going to argue with you but the Historical Kits images are very good on detail. Red isn’t a common feature on Scotland home strips. Its use on the rare occasions its been used in the past has been quite subtle imo. The sleeve trims with that bright red colouring look almost like an afterthought to me. It adds nothing to the strip and looks out of place.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Deep purple instead of the red would've been much nicer. White shorts with dark blue socks (white and purple trim) would complete the look.

And no silly watermark hoops either.

Peevemor
12-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Deep purple instead of the red would've been much nicer. White shorts with dark blue socks (white and purple trim) would complete the look.

And no silly smoke on the watermark hoops either.

FTFY :greengrin

Keith_M
12-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I think that looks crap.

Plain dark blue shirt with a white collar, white shorts and red socks..

That's all we need.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2KtxjJEBL8I/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9v0AAOSwE0JY~31L/s-l300.jpg

https://www.mediastorehouse.com/p/142/soccer-world-cup-spain-82-group-scotland-12193096.jpg

Frazerbob
12-11-2019, 01:11 PM
I’m not going to argue with you but the Historical Kits images are very good on detail. Red isn’t a common feature on Scotland home strips. Its use on the rare occasions its been used in the past has been quite subtle imo. The sleeve trims with that bright red colouring look almost like an afterthought to me. It adds nothing to the strip and looks out of place.

‘I’m not going to argue but’ lol. I’m no arguing either. It’s a discussion on a forum. The fact remains that red has been used numerous times on home shirts, home shorts, home socks and away shirts over the last 30 plus years and nobody gave two hoots. I’m baffled as to why its a big deal this time.

Keith_M
12-11-2019, 01:15 PM
‘I’m not going to argue but’ lol. I’m no arguing either. It’s a discussion on a forum. The fact remains that red has been used numerous times on home shirts, home shorts, home socks and away shirts over the last 30 plus years and nobody gave two hoots. I’m baffled as to why its a big deal this time.

Didn't this all start when somebody said it was because of the SFA's desire to emulate the colours of the Union Flag?

That sounds like total paranoia to me.

Anyway, if anybody needs good examples, I've posted three above.... all at World Cup Finals :wink:

BoomtownHibees
12-11-2019, 03:38 PM

The France 98 shirt had no red in it at all. Socks were red, but nothing on the shirt

superfurryhibby
12-11-2019, 04:12 PM
The France 98 shirt had no red in it at all. Socks were red, but nothing on the shirt

You're right. The kit we wore whilst qualifying had some red trim, we changed top for the world cup matches.

Too Union Jack for me, red GTF from the top.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-1980-2000.html

Frazerbob
12-11-2019, 04:35 PM

My mistake, the France 98 qualifying kit was what I meant. The away shirts did and as has been said, the home socks were red.

NOLA
12-11-2019, 08:59 PM
It’ll be around £50 with SSC discount.

Even £50 is too much imo, it’s just a replica football jersey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
13-11-2019, 08:06 AM
Who designs these football tops, looks like a generic training top with a Scotland badge stuck on!

The 90+2
13-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Get the Euro 96 top back to Mark our return to the Euros in the summer.

Carheenlea
13-11-2019, 08:36 AM
The shirt suddenly will look so much better when Porteous pulls it on.

Keith_M
13-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Surely now that the shade of blue on the Scotland flag has been finally decided, Scotland should be switching to that.

I can't wait to see the reactions when Scotland appear in Royal Blue

;-)

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Surely now that the shade of blue on the Scotland flag has been finally decided, Scotland should be switching to that.

I can't wait to see the reactions when Scotland appear in Royal Blue

;-)

Except the colour isnt 'Royal Blue' its Pantone 300 sky blue.

I never understood how the flag ever got produced in that dark midnight blue colour anyway ... When Angus Mac Fergus looked up into the East Lothian sky in 832 to see that white cross its highly unlikely it was in the middle of the bloody night, its far more likely to have been during daytime when the sky was .... ermm, sky blue :greengrin

Now that the colour of the Saltire has been officially settled perhaps someone should tell the UK government, coz I notice union flags, including the one they fly over parliament, still doggedly stick to dark blue.

To be honest I always thought Scotland should play in purple .... thats a colour that says 'Scotland' to me far more than blue of any shade does :rolleyes:

Keith_M
14-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Except the colour isnt 'Royal Blue' its Pantone 300 sky blue.

It;s definitely not Sky Blue. The sky in Scotland is grey!

Anyway, whatever the pantone number is, it looks very Rangersy

Lancs Harp
15-11-2019, 12:02 AM
Doesnt the shade of blue of the Scotlands shirt originate from Queens Park and nothing to do with the saltire?

Scotland adopted the dark blue shirts from the first international with England when the entire team was made up of Queens park players and even used their then strip, which was blue shirts before they adopted the black and white spider strip they have since become famous for.

Greentinted
15-11-2019, 01:57 AM
Seen it in the flesh yesterday and it’s even worse looking than the pictures. Horrendous.
Won’t be attaining classic status anytime soon.

Glory Lurker
15-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Doesnt the shade of blue of the Scotlands shirt originate from Queens Park and nothing to do with the saltire?

Scotland adopted the dark blue shirts from the first international with England when the entire team was made up of Queens park players and even used their then strip, which was blue shirts before they adopted the black and white spider strip they have since become famous for.

This, apparently, is true. Red socks were introduced much later, for reasons one can only speculate about.

All the same - 'Mon the pantone 300! Beat it, red!

:-)

Keith_M
15-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Did the Scottish Rugby side just copy their football counterparts or is that just coincidence?

04Sauzee
17-11-2019, 04:58 PM
This is a fantastic mock up of an away kit

Frazerbob
17-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Seems the online world and real life are poles apart. Loads of folk wearing the new shirt in Cyprus. Looks better on TBH but still not a great shirt. Incidentals, they’re not hoops as the back is plain.

The dalmeny
17-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Seems the online world and real life are poles apart. Loads of folk wearing the new shirt in Cyprus. Looks better on TBH but still not a great shirt. Incidentals, they’re not hoops as the back is plain.

I thought it looked ok, too many folk on the outrage bus

southsider
17-11-2019, 08:30 PM
What the hell is the red stripes on the sleeves all about ? Trying to get Hun support ?

Frazerbob
17-11-2019, 11:32 PM
I thought it looked ok, too many folk on the outrage bus

Exactly. Exhibit A above.

WeeRussell
17-11-2019, 11:53 PM

I actually thought after seeing a few in Cyprus in person that it’s not so bad. Still not a huge fan and it is the sleeves I don’t quite like. Not one of our best but if we end up qualifying in it it’ll be right up there ;)

I don’t think it’s simply “red” (pardon the pun) on the top that’s irking people. It’s the red, white and blue one after the other...

JimBHibees
18-11-2019, 06:20 AM

Thought it looked fine.

Brummie_Hibs
18-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Just back from Cyprus, and I agree that it looks better in the flesh.

BTW, there are a lot of Hibees following Scotland these days.

worcesterhibby
18-11-2019, 12:12 PM

I was one of the people who said they didn't like it. The main colour looks much darker and nicer than some of the original pics and the sleeves actually don't look too bad. Probably helps seeing John McGinn in it and scoring :greengrin

NthCarolinaHibs
18-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Just back from Cyprus, and I agree that it looks better in the flesh.

BTW, there are a lot of Hibees following Scotland these days.

Aye,but a few dafties anaw..boys coming into the boozer last night an belting out a Hibs song...no need..

EI255
20-11-2019, 08:51 PM
The last time I looked at the saltire it was blue /white.Probably to please one side of Glasgow.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk