PDA

View Full Version : responsibility of the board

familyman
05-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Well finally he has gone, sad for anyone to lose their job yet it was inevitable and had been so obvious for ages.
A lack of tactical awareness, I lack of understanding of Hibs style etc etc...
A man who had not a good track record when joining and little knowledge of Hibs and all that that means...
He was seemingly second choice so that did not help him.The fact LD came out and indicted we had had a good transfer window
remains a worry but I understand the need to show support for Heck at the time.
Jim Duffy signed lower league players and seems to me we did not learn the lesson of history again a concern.
Gordon our new owner seems keen we challenge for Europe and THIS PERHAPS is the time to push the boat out and think big..
perhaps beyond Scotland but whoever it is needs to have a proven managerial success record at a decent level....and understand why Hibs are all about!
Stubbs would be like turning the clock back and not in my view a good thing ever to do .
Make no mistake this club can be great again and we need the courage to take a leap to make it so...
The player pool is very short of quality and it seems many out of the depth ..again how we select players is a question not only for the manager..
Our summer signings were so so disappointing and showed a real lack of ambition.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO THINK BIG and invest with skill as we do not want a £10m deficit ..
The East West split has never been more obvious now and while we cannot expect to be number 1for a while yet ,we must surely expect to compete in finals and European football.

Best of luck to Board and hope they ponder with care on the future direction we take our great club.
We all make mistakes as we are human so let us learn from that and take emotion out of the appointment ,
Looking forward to a brighter future and at last moving onwards and upwards.:flag:

worcesterhibby
05-11-2019, 12:25 PM
agree with most of what you say.

To be fair though, when Leanne said we had a great transfer window, she was pointing out that we got a high proportion of the managers targets in. And in early. To be fair that was absolutely true. The team that do the contract negotiations etc, did do a good job of securing the players the manager wanted and the vast majority on here were delighted that we got our business done early. As it turns out a fair number of the players we brought in have not shown the quality that has been required..whether that was the fault of the manager or the recruitment team is up for discussion. However do we honestly think any CEO would sanction the signing of a large number of new players and then say "Well we got them in early...I just hope to god they are good enough, but only time will tell" To be fair that is the exact situation that any football club is in, no matter who you sign and how much you spend there will always be failures, but it would be barmy not to show confidence and positivity in your new signings. I really think that people knocking Leanne for that statement are being unfair.