PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still floating since y'day's announcement?

Greenbeard
05-11-2019, 09:44 AM
.....and I don't mean due to consumption of anything doidgy.
Been quietly singing happy Hibee songs to myself round the house. Less quietly in the car.
Same feeling as after a huge win, or when a great weight is lifted from your shoulders.

Steve20
05-11-2019, 09:49 AM
No. It was more of a relief that he was away because it clearly wasn't going to work.

And today is just hoping we make the right appointment.

Jones28
05-11-2019, 09:50 AM
It feels more like scoring to snatch a draw than getting a big win, same feeling I had after the Livingston game.

California-Hibs
05-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Been quietly singing happy Hibee songs to myself round the house. Less quietly in the car.
Same feeling as after a huge win, or when a great weight is lifted from your shoulders.

Im with you. Got that spring back for sure and I was pretty ecstatic when I read the news he'd been sacked!

Joe6-2
05-11-2019, 10:32 AM
No. It was more of a relief that he was away because it clearly wasn't going to work.

This is how I feel. Happy but with the position we are in it’s so important we replace him with much better and someone who can hit the ground running

FilipinoHibs
05-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Woke up to the good news here in the in the Philippines. A huge weight of our shoulders. Looking forward to Satuday's game and interested to see the team selected.

Joe6-2
05-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Woke up to the good news here in the in the Philippines. A huge weight of our shoulders. Looking forward to Satuday's game and interested to see the team selected.

Dare we hope for two up front?!

FilipinoHibs
05-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Dare we hope for two up front?!

Shaw and Flo I hope.

Onion
05-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Just sleeping a bit better :aok:

Col2
05-11-2019, 11:16 AM
I was working from home and heard the news mid afternoon just when the kids were coming home from school.

I then proceeded to chant “Oh Heckingottom’s gone” over and over and over and over, bringing the kids into it and up to a point where I had whipped them up into a frenzy and they were out of control!!!

If Mrs Col2 had walked in then it would have been carnage!

My teenage daughter with no interest in football texted me earlier today to say she can’t get that chant out of her head at school.

It’s sad but it was a good day yesterday!!!

HibeeHibernian4
05-11-2019, 11:20 AM
It's genuinely going to be quite funny to watch your hope turn to despair when you realise that Heckingbottom was merely a symptom.

The fact that some folk think all Hibs' problems (a board who doesn't give a toss about its fans, has a shambles of a recruitment policy etc) are gone now that one Yorkshireman has left the club is baffling.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Who said all of Hibs' problems are gone now that he's away? I've not seen anyone post that.

You must be gutted that so many of us are pleased he's away.

HibeeHibernian4
05-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Who said all of Hibs' problems are gone now that he's away? I've not seen anyone post that.

You must be gutted that so many of us are pleased he's away.

People "floating" about it is utterly ****ing pathetic, and seems to suggest they think everything's rosy again. Just letting you know that.

lyonhibs
05-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Relieved but it's what the future holds that is of interest to me. Heckingbottom is gone and good riddance to him. We now move onwards and surely upwards but the new management team or manager when appointed won't be a miracle worker.

Lancs Harp
05-11-2019, 11:32 AM
I would say its a sense of opportunity.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2019, 11:56 AM
People "floating" about it is utterly ****ing pathetic, and seems to suggest they think everything's rosy again. Just letting you know that.

So nobody thinks all our problems have been solved by him leaving, which is the opposite to what you said before!

allezsauzee
05-11-2019, 12:01 PM
I'll be floating when we start signing some quality players again. Say what you like about managers, tactics and systems but it's players that make the difference. Clearly our recruitment wasn't good in the summer but I'm not convinced that was entirely the managers fault. He wanted Omeonga and Sparky back but we couldn't compete financially so we ended up with inadequate replacements. Lennon wasn't allowed to sign certain players that he'd identified as well. Looking at the team we had 2 seasons ago , the players that we still have from then are injured and/or not at that level now and we haven't come remotely close to replacing SJM, Dylan & McLaren who were huge players for us. We desperately need quality on the park if we are to be challenging for the top 4 again.

Sioux
05-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Thanks very much for your expert opinion.

Aim Here
05-11-2019, 12:14 PM

doidgy; adjective: Expensive and unfit for it's intended purpose

CraigHibee
05-11-2019, 12:18 PM
The gloom has been lifted for me, i have never felt so unmotivated to attend games in my life, just couldnt be arsed, now hecks away i really do hope we can make the right appointment, going to take a couple of transfer windows to properly sort us out i think

Hiber-nation
05-11-2019, 12:27 PM

Same for me but I don't know if I trust the Board to make the right appointment after reading Spiers' article.

Keith_M
05-11-2019, 01:10 PM

That's pretty much how I feel.

green with envy
05-11-2019, 01:51 PM

I'm no floating but by **** i'm in a much better place knowing that the impostor that he was is no longer.

we are hibs
05-11-2019, 01:57 PM
It's genuinely going to be quite funny to watch your hope turn to despair when you realise that Heckingbottom was merely a symptom.

The fact that some folk think all Hibs' problems (a board who doesn't give a toss about its fans, has a shambles of a recruitment policy etc) are gone now that one Yorkshireman has left the club is baffling.

Genuinely funny? Your sense of humour must be great if thats the kind of thing that amuses you.

green with envy
05-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Do you remember what happened after one man from Suffolk left the club? or did the board not give a toss back then either?

Greenbeard
05-11-2019, 03:08 PM
doidgy; adjective: Expensive and unfit for it's intended purpose
:thumbsup:

Vela good; Sarcastic term emanating from Leith: Not good at all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Just sleeping a bit better :aok:

Is that genuinely true? Dearie me. 😴

Daydreamer
05-11-2019, 04:40 PM
I know that there are reasons why a new manager can't be appointed immediately after someone being relieved of their duties (SACKED) but surely the board knew higginbottom was on borrowed time and discussions have already taken place with the new man already. We cannot wait till after the international break to appoint some one new. The three guys in charge for Saturday fill me with fear after the progression of the development squad over the last 3 years. I hope to god he is in place by Saturday!

worcesterhibby
05-11-2019, 05:04 PM

troll