PDA

View Full Version : What's your Driving Style?

theonlywayisup
04-11-2019, 07:47 PM
And is there any relationship to how you act behind the wheel and behind your keyboard when on Hibs.net?

Let's be honest, we all have our moments behind the wheel. I personally hate the drivers that constantly drive in the outside lane and will not move over for anyone, with the result that the aggressive driver drives inches away from their rear bumper to force them to move. Or the driver who drives for miles in the middle lane on a motorway and refuse to pull over into the slow lane. And what about the HGV who takes 3 miles to overtake a fellow HGV driver - what's all that about? HGV drivers should be forced to drive between the hours of midnight and 6am.:stirrer:

It then made me think, is there any link between driving style and how we handle ourselves on Hibs.net. A well known paper gave seven driving styles and you can see the link between posting styles on Hibs.net.

The Teacher: This driver feels the need to ensure others know what they have done wrong – and expects to be recognised for their efforts.
The Know-it-all: They think that they’re surrounded by incompetent fools, so shout condescendingly at other drivers while safely cocooned in their own car.
The Competitor: They need to get ahead of other road users and become annoyed when someone gets in their way. They often accelerate when someone tries to overtake them or close a gap to prevent anyone from getting in front of them.
The Punisher: These motorists want to punish other drivers for any perceived transgressions – and sometimes even get out of their car or approach other drivers to remonstrate with them.
The Philosopher: They accept the actions of other drivers easily and try to rationally explain them away. They also manage to control their feelings in the car.
The Avoider: They consider the misbehavior of other drivers impersonally and merely dismiss them as a hazard.
The Escapee: They listen to music or talk on the phone to insulate themselves, distracting themselves so that they don’t have to relate to other road users. This strategy also helps avoid getting frustrated in the first place.

So what type of Driver (poster) are you? What type of driver annoys you?

NOTE: this thread is meant to be self deprecating and a bit of fun!! Let's be honest, we're a mix of them all.

Glory Lurker
04-11-2019, 07:59 PM
I'm not included here. Where's the Advanced/Expert Driver option?

:-)

H18 SFR
04-11-2019, 08:03 PM
The Philosopher.

One Day Soon
04-11-2019, 08:05 PM
For many years now I have been getting up sharp and driving in very early so that I can also leave early - that was so I could pick the kids up from school. As a result I was almost never drivnng on busy roads and usually quite empty ones. The consequence is that I am now almost incapable of driving during busy times without foaming at the mouth and raging about other drivers. Just saying.

BigKev
04-11-2019, 08:14 PM
What category does roll your eyes at folk genuinely trying to be funny but not succeeding fall under? Or thinking “I wonder if he gets bored of his own voice in his house?”

There’s a whole heap of know it alls on here. Most of them you wouldn’t stomach having a pint with in a pub.

Fife-Hibee
04-11-2019, 08:35 PM
The Know-it-all for sure. But that accounts for around 95% of the posters on here..... I should know. :wink:

HoboHarry
04-11-2019, 08:41 PM
I only started playing golf when I was 50 and my driving is absolutely s***e. I can hit it further with a 3 iron.....

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 09:52 PM
A real know it all doesn’t think he knows it all.He knows he knows it all.

Greenbeard
05-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Diminishing. About 220m with a slight fade.

Golden Bear
05-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Straight down the middle for me.

:greengrin

Brightside
05-11-2019, 09:53 AM
A high draw.

ArmadaleHibs
05-11-2019, 09:56 AM
What category does roll your eyes at folk genuinely trying to be funny but not succeeding fall under? Or thinking “I wonder if he gets bored of his own voice in his house?”

There’s a whole heap of know it alls on here. Most of them you wouldn’t stomach having a pint with in a pub.

Brilliantly said

FilipinoHibs
05-11-2019, 10:02 AM
And is there any relationship to how you act behind the wheel and behind your keyboard when on Hibs.net?

Let's be honest, we all have our moments behind the wheel. I personally hate the drivers that constantly drive in the outside lane and will not move over for anyone, with the result that the aggressive driver drives inches away from their rear bumper to force them to move. Or the driver who drives for miles in the middle lane on a motorway and refuse to pull over into the slow lane. And what about the HGV who takes 3 miles to overtake a fellow HGV driver - what's all that about? HGV drivers should be forced to drive between the hours of midnight and 6am.:stirrer:

It then made me think, is there any link between driving style and how we handle ourselves on Hibs.net. A well known paper gave seven driving styles and you can see the link between posting styles on Hibs.net.

The Teacher: This driver feels the need to ensure others know what they have done wrong – and expects to be recognised for their efforts.
The Know-it-all: They think that they’re surrounded by incompetent fools, so shout condescendingly at other drivers while safely cocooned in their own car.
The Competitor: They need to get ahead of other road users and become annoyed when someone gets in their way. They often accelerate when someone tries to overtake them or close a gap to prevent anyone from getting in front of them.
The Punisher: These motorists want to punish other drivers for any perceived transgressions – and sometimes even get out of their car or approach other drivers to remonstrate with them.
The Philosopher: They accept the actions of other drivers easily and try to rationally explain them away. They also manage to control their feelings in the car.
The Avoider: They consider the misbehavior of other drivers impersonally and merely dismiss them as a hazard.
The Escapee: They listen to music or talk on the phone to insulate themselves, distracting themselves so that they don’t have to relate to other road users. This strategy also helps avoid getting frustrated in the first place.

So what type of Driver (poster) are you? What type of driver annoys you?

NOTE: this thread is meant to be self deprecating and a bit of fun!! Let's be honest, we're a mix of them all.

You should try driving in the Philippines. There is only one type of driver - the completely undisciplined who has a licence but never sat a theory or or practical test or had driving lessons. You have tri-cycles, motor bikes, Jeepeys and long transport lorries.

I am the avoide as every other driver is a hazard

calumhibee1
05-11-2019, 10:13 AM
The Know-it-all for sure. But that accounts for around 95% of the posters on here..... I should know. :wink:

:greengrin

theonlywayisup
05-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Diminishing. About 220m with a slight fade.

Apparently, the world record for the longest drive in professional play is one of 515 yards at the Winterwood Golf Course in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1974. The drive went 65 yards past the flag on the par-4 fifth.

:shocked:

Sudds_1
05-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Apparently, the world record for the longest drive in professional play is one of 515 yards at the Winterwood Golf Course in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1974. The drive went 65 yards past the flag on the par-4 fifth.

:shocked:

Who was that??

theonlywayisup
05-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Who was that??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Austin_(golfer)

I'm Spartacus
05-11-2019, 12:09 PM
I would never dream of driving with my c0ck out

Greenbeard
05-11-2019, 03:12 PM
I would never dream of driving with my c0ck out
Compulsory if you duff it and don't get beyond the ladies tee is it not?