PDA

View Full Version : Time to change the structure?

SMAXXA
04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Currently the model is there that any manager or head coach will bring in him and an assistant / coach who are expected to work with the existing coaches, Murray, Combe etc. Is this the best and most effective way, or should we be looking to clear the decks and freshen the whole place up at first team level?

Nothing against those guys btw and I understand it’s continuity but that’s not always a good thing when the business is underperforming from a first team perspective.

Can’t help but think from a players perspective if a new man is coming in he would have a cleaner slate than say one of the existing coaches shares his preconceived opinion of said player.

I personally would want a new man brining in his own coaching staff across the board, that’s personal preference tho and interested in other people’s views.

Lago
04-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Currently the model is there that any manager or head coach will bring in him and an assistant / coach who are expected to work with the existing coaches, Murray, Combe etc. Is this the best and most effective way, or should we be looking to clear the decks and freshen the whole place up at first team level?

Nothing against those guys btw and I understand it’s continuity but that’s not always a good thing when the business is underperforming from a first team perspective.

Can’t help but think from a players perspective if a new man is coming in he would have a cleaner slate than say one of the existing coaches shares his preconceived opinion of said player.

I personally would want a new man brining in his own coaching staff across the board, that’s personal preference tho and interested in other people’s views.
Hit the nail on the head

B.H.F.C
04-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Maybe time (or maybe not) to move them on as well but I’m not sure them remaining is necessarily down to the structure.

Before we had the ‘structure’ has it no been pretty common for coaches, especially goalkeeping coaches, to remain when a new manager? I’m thinking guys like Gordon Marshall would have worked under different managers.

If a new manager wanted his own guys in post, maybe we would do it?

The Captain....
04-11-2019, 06:22 PM
I'd never really given serious thought to the fact most of the coaches behind the scenes stay on after a manager goes. I imagine its cost saving measure as paying up 8 or 9 staff for a club the size of Hibs would be prohibitively expensive.

For that reason I think they'll leave it as is..from a purely personal standpoint I'd quite like to see a completely fresh approach. Our youngsters dont come thru in any numbers at a time when our first team is very poor. The first team dont appear to be particularly well drilled or impressively fit. There seems to be lots of room for.improvement.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ScottB
04-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Increasingly the model is the new guy just fits in. You see that down south a lot.

Unless there’s good reason to, do we want to burn money sacking all the coaches every 2-3 years?

Davy Mac
04-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Can't help feel Mathies promotion was the beginning of the end for Heck, has Mathie worked with any of the suggested candidates? Just a thought.

SMAXXA
04-11-2019, 06:30 PM
I'd never really given serious thought to the fact most of the coaches behind the scenes stay on after a manager goes. I imagine its cost saving measure as paying up 8 or 9 staff for a club the size of Hibs would be prohibitively expensive.

For that reason I think they'll leave it as is..from a purely personal standpoint I'd quite like to see a completely fresh approach. Our youngsters dont come thru in any numbers at a time when our first team is very poor. The first team dont appear to be particularly well drilled or impressively fit. There seems to be lots of room for.improvement.

I’ve no idea what type of employment these Permanent coaching staff have wether you would have to pay them up or not. It’s no doubt not the priority at the moment giving we need a manager but he has to have his own team for me, Jack Ross brought in Fowler, the ginger goalie coach can’t remember his name and maybe one other so seemed he had his own staff. Be interesting to see if it is him if anything changes, I suspect not though. Personally I would want my own team who I can trust a million percent I wouldn’t have that working with strangers I’ve not worked with before probably.

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Lennon seemed to have managed ok without taking anyone to Celtic.

tamig
04-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Was just going to say that.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2019, 07:34 PM

I’m maybe being dense but not sure I follow.... Do you mean that if the Hibs coaches were any great shakes he would have taken some with him?

Or that it’s an example of a new manager fitting into an existing set up? Celtic did also bring in Damien Duff to work with Lennon.

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 07:37 PM
No ,I was giving an example of a new manager going to a club without taking any side kicks.

tamig
04-11-2019, 07:42 PM
I’m maybe being dense but not sure I follow.... Do you mean that if the Hibs coaches were any great shakes he would have taken some with him?

Or that it’s an example of a new manager fitting into an existing set up? Celtic did also bring in Damien Duff to work with Lennon.

Duff was already at Celtic when NL arrived.

tonyrougier123
04-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Remember how fit the team looked when flanny was the fitness coach folks?
Think a guy like him is needed again squad looked sharp when he was at htc.

tamig
04-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Remember how fit the team looked when flanny was the fitness coach folks?
Think a guy like him is needed again squad looked sharp when he was at htc.

When did he actually leave? Take it he was the boy with the glasses?

The Captain....
04-11-2019, 07:51 PM
I’ve no idea what type of employment these Permanent coaching staff have wether you would have to pay them up or not. It’s no doubt not the priority at the moment giving we need a manager but he has to have his own team for me, Jack Ross brought in Fowler, the ginger goalie coach can’t remember his name and maybe one other so seemed he had his own staff. Be interesting to see if it is him if anything changes, I suspect not though. Personally I would want my own team who I can trust a million percent I wouldn’t have that working with strangers I’ve not worked with before probably.The trust issue is another factor no doubt..you'd want your own backroom staff youd think for obvious reasons.

It's an interesting point to consider re the coaching staff but I think at most we'll get a new HC and his assistant.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Duff was already at Celtic when NL arrived.

Didn’t realise that 👍🏻

tamig
04-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Didn’t realise that 👍🏻

Only by a month though so there might have been some influence from
NL. You never know.

Sioux
04-11-2019, 07:57 PM
The coaches will coach the players in the manner that the manager wants then to. They don't just do their own thing.