PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

RSS Bot
04-11-2019, 06:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10392)

Vault Boy
04-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Glad it's done, very short statement though.

Never doubted ya RSS Bot...

04-11-2019, 06:03 PM
Wonder if Whittaker will pick himself.

Hermit Crab
Thank ****

Unseen work
Not one to normally care about statements but that is oddly short. What can they say in a couple of days that they can’t say now?

Kojock
04-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Abysmal statement from Hibs. A simple “thank you for their effort and wish them all the best for the future” would’ve sufficed.

BigKev
04-11-2019, 06:04 PM
No standard thanks or best wishes for the future from the club. Maybe a wee bit harsh 😂

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Typical piss poor PR as usual.

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Not one to normally care about statements but that is oddly short. What can they say in a couple of days that they can’t say now?

In discussion with new manager but not concluded?

04-11-2019, 06:06 PM

Jack Ross is the new manager perhaps?

SlickShoes
04-11-2019, 06:07 PM
It’s a weird matter of fact message, but not sure what else they were meant to say at this point.

GonzoReturns
04-11-2019, 06:07 PM
What makes this statement interesting is the lack of comment. See what comes out next few days!!

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Very strange.

It suggests a bitter parting of the ways.

Something is afoot, however.

Unseen work
04-11-2019, 06:10 PM
In discussion with new manager but not concluded?

Jack Ross is the new manager perhaps?

Hopefully it is in reference to the new manager being announced soon but I’d think it would make sense to get the Heckingbottom content out the way now rather than mention it when the new manager is announced?

Ozyhibby
04-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Not going to complain about the PR on this occasion. The right thing has been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Maybe a new manager, new structure and Ron Gordon finally telling us his masterplan in a few days?

Iain G
04-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Typical piss poor PR as usual.

They can't win can they! No statement they get criticised, issue a statement they get criticised!

This has clearly been released due to the story getting into the press early.

Diclonius
04-11-2019, 06:12 PM
I suspect they already have a replacement lined up and it's Ross, judging by the wording of that statement.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Thank God.

scooby
04-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Jeezo, how bad is our PR at the moment.

Doh Rae Me
04-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Hallelujah

Kojock
04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Not going to complain about the PR on this occasion. The right thing has been done.

Agree the right thing has been done just a couple of months too late. The PR coming out of ER is extremely disappointing. Problem stems from further up the tree.

Rumble de Thump
04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Some people will moan about absolutely anything.

J-C
04-11-2019, 06:17 PM
No standard thanks or best wishes for the future from the club. Maybe a wee bit harsh 😂

Unless things behind the scenes has turned a wee bit sour, Heckingbottom talked himself into the job and didn't produce, Leeann will be mightily pissed off at this.

Peevemor
04-11-2019, 06:18 PM
Some people will moan about absolutely anything.It's mental. This place is being ruined.

04Sauzee
04-11-2019, 06:18 PM
Some people will moan about absolutely anything.

Like people moaning 😜
Seriously though between here and social media it's crazy

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Abysmal statement from Hibs. A simple “thank you for their effort and wish them all the best for the future” would’ve sufficed.

Give me strength 😂

Tyler Durden
What do people expect the statement to say? Total nonsense.

Allant1981
Short statement but not really that big a deal, folk moaned there was no announcement, the club have given one and said there will be more in the coming days and folk still moan, cant win

Ozyhibby
04-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Unless things behind the scenes has turned a wee bit sour, Heckingbottom talked himself into the job and didn't produce, Leeann will be mightily pissed off at this.

I would say from that statement that things have definitely turned sour. There is no thank you or wishing well for the future. I think today must have been a very testing day at Easter Road.

Tricla
04-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Everybody moaning about how Hibs have communicated doing what everybody was moaning at them to do. 😂

Moaning *****!

we are hibs
04-11-2019, 06:25 PM
The moaning about moaning is far more tedious than the original moaning.

Moaning.

Hibs4185
04-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Relieved of his duties suggests he hasn’t been sacked but maybe placed on gardening leave or similar. Best way in my opinion. Still gets a wage but saves us a lump sum upfront and if he gets another job he will have to forego any compensation. Unlike Lennon who maybe got a big pay off before walking Into another job.

bigwheel
Relieved of his duties suggests he hasn’t been sacked but maybe placed on gardening leave or similar. Best way in my opinion. Still gets a wage but saves us a lump sum upfront and if he gets another job he will have to forego any compensation. Unlike Lennon who maybe got a big pay off before walking Into another job.

Think it probably just suggests they have not come to a compromise agreement yet ....

Tricla

Moaning.

Yawn 😉

Dazzjw1875
04-11-2019, 06:27 PM
It covers the basics he has been sacked which we wanted, why should they need to go into detail? For me the statement is enough

Peevemor
04-11-2019, 06:27 PM

Moaning.Believe me, it's not.

The Leith Dutch
04-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Much like statements on other areas I'm not fussed about the actual statement but what's actually happening.
In this case the right thing has been done albeit a little later than many of us would have liked.

Onion
04-11-2019, 06:30 PM
At last, but a pretty pathetic statement from the club. Makes it looks as if they'd decided to sack him at 4.55pm with he staff due to knock off at 5pm.

Can only hope a much more reflective, and prospective statement is issued shortly with a little honesty from the Board about this poor appointment and the cost to the club.

Jones28
04-11-2019, 06:30 PM

Who cares?

emerald green
04-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Heckingbottom's appointment has been a huge failure, and the summer signings mainly a waste of money.

Those responsible for sanctioning this appointment, and the disastrous summer signings, need to have a good look at themselves and must get a) the next appointment right, and b) ensure any desperately needed signings in January are of a standard to play at this level, and will at least patch up the glaring weaknesses in midfield in particular.

ehf
04-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Think it probably just suggests they have not come to a compromise agreement yet ....

That's my reading of the situation; they haven't agreed the compensation packages yet but felt compelled to issue a statement by close of business today given that the news had leaked out elsewhere. Probably gives Hecky and Stockdale the advantage in the negotiations now.

At last, but a pretty pathetic statement from the club. Makes it looks as if they'd decided to sack him at 4.55pm with he staff due to knock off at 5pm.

Can only hope a much more reflective, and prospective statement is issued shortly with a little honesty from the Board about this poor appointment and the cost to the club.

I think a statement saying what the cost to the club is would be a far worse statement than the one you are saying is pathetic.

Peevemor

Can only hope a much more reflective, and prospective statement is issued shortly with a little honesty from the Board about this poor appointment and the cost to the club.Keep hoping. What club has ever revealed how much a management team's dismissal has cost?

Diclonius
04-11-2019, 06:35 PM
"Please sack Heckingbottom"

"OK"

"No you didn't sack him the way I wanted"

Bostonhibby
04-11-2019, 06:37 PM

Moaning.Moaning's not what it used to be and I've had enough of it. When I was a lad we knew how to moan.

I think the club's statement is about right, proportionate to the misery heaped on us from the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
04-11-2019, 06:37 PM
It's for the best.

Despite the fact it hasn't worked out, he goes with my best wishes for his future career,

Deansy
04-11-2019, 06:38 PM

Wow - a statement from our club !! Wonders will never cease ...............

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Well that's that. Hopefully we can get the season back on track and start moving up the league. Points are vital now.

Thanks for trying Hecky, but it was time to end it.

Ozyhibby
Heckingbottom's appointment has been a huge failure, and the summer signings mainly a waste of money.

Those responsible for sanctioning this appointment, and the disastrous summer signings, need to have a good look at themselves and must get a) the next appointment right, and b) ensure any desperately needed signings in January are of a standard to play at this level, and will at least patch up the glaring weaknesses in midfield in particular.

Too late. We’ve already promoted the head of recruitment.

Keith_M
They can't win can they! No statement they get criticised, issue a statement they get criticised!

:agree:

It doesn't seem to matter what the club do, some folk are just never happy.

timewilltell
04-11-2019, 06:41 PM

And more speculation... people know nothing yet are full of speculation about whats happening...

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 06:44 PM
And more speculation... people know nothing yet are full of speculation about whats happening...

That's the nature of speculation. It's all guesswork.

What do you expect on a discussion forum?

JimBHibees
04-11-2019, 06:44 PM
"Please sack Heckingbottom"

"OK"

"No you didn't sack him the way I wanted"

Agree totally

BroxburnHibee
04-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Should've gone weeks ago. We all knew it yet they wasted all that time and blew a chance of a final. A small chance I admit but a chance nonetheless.

Hibs4185
04-11-2019, 06:47 PM
That's my reading of the situation; they haven't agreed the compensation packages yet but felt compelled to issue a statement by close of business today given that the news had leaked out elsewhere. Probably gives Hecky and Stockdale the advantage in the negotiations now.

If hibs has kept paying Lennon a wage instead of a pay off, he’d still be our employee and then when the Celtic Job came up, he’d then have to forfeit a severance package from hibs or refuse the Celtic Job.

I’d imagine his severance package is fair to hibs as that was seemingly the stumbling block with Appleton. I wouldn’t imagine hibs changing their stance or they would’ve got Appleton so you can assume it’s not too hefty.

Anyway glad the decisions been made and hopefully doesn’t cost us much!

emerald green
04-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Too late. We’ve already promoted the head of recruitment.

Yes, that's correct. Hopefully, he will have learned a lot of lessons. If not, he should get his jotters too.

Joe6-2
04-11-2019, 06:49 PM

Winder if they feel steamrollered by the fans?

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Should've gone weeks ago. We all knew it yet they wasted all that time and blew a chance of a final. A small chance I admit but a chance nonetheless.

True, but it's better late than never. I wonder whether the timing was influenced by Hearts' decision to sack Levein? Interesting times!

Jones28
04-11-2019, 06:50 PM

What planet are you on thinking a statement detailing the financial implications of a massive **** up is going to be released?

Roxyhibee
04-11-2019, 06:50 PM
That’s about as curt as a statement I’ve ever seen on a fitba managers sacking. Pretty strange actually..

Fife-Hibee
04-11-2019, 06:51 PM

I think it's the fact they took so long to release a statement so short.

Kind of puts the whole "they're taking their time to piece together a carefully worded statement" claim to bed.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 06:52 PM
That’s about as curt as a statement I’ve ever seen on a fitba managers sacking. Pretty strange actually..

Aye, not even the usual "thanks for your efforts" etc. Perhaps a bit of a spat?

bigwheel
04-11-2019, 06:53 PM
I think it's the fact they took so long to release a statement so short.

Kind of puts the whole "they're taking their time to piece together a carefully worded statement" claim to bed.

Their process has always to tie things up and then issued a joined up well worded agreement - it seems it was going to take longer than they hoped and had to issue a short statement in advance of agreeing the exit details with the management team

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 06:53 PM

You find me a club that has ever done that and I'll share your hopes. Standard statement when a manager is sacked, bizarre to take shots at the club. Any excuse really...

Baader
04-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Main thing is it's done.

Weegreenman
04-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Lacking in class. Not the way I like my club to do business.

04-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Certainly took longer to eventually get to this decision than it did to write that announcement but at least we've eventually got there.
Thanks for your efforts Hecky but you weren't a fit with the Hibees so best for both parties it ends now.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Maybe it’s a sign that we are fed up being nice and have toughened up a bit.

I hope we parted on bad terms.

CropleyisGod
04-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Suspect Mr Heckingbottom doesn’t do meekly throwing in the towel and has thrown his black pudding out the pram. Hecky thump!

hibbie02
04-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Lacking in class. Not the way I like my club to do business.

Totally agree. He had to go and most statements of this kind tend to aim to take a fairly neutral tone. I don’t think I’ve seen a shorter one unless there was serious issues involved. That was pretty brutal and lacked class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roxyhibee
04-11-2019, 07:08 PM

That’s certainly what it looks like. But even if there is a spat, you’d play the game with them and not show your own hand to anyone looking in.

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2019, 07:09 PM
You find me a club that has ever done that and I'll share your hopes. Standard statement when a manager is sacked, bizarre to take shots at the club. Any excuse really...

The standard statement is XXXXXX FC would like to thank XXXXXXX for his efforts and service to the club.........

Unusually short statement from Hibs without any pleasantries. Agree that there may have been a bit of a rammy over the parting of ways.

Lago
04-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Suspect Mr Heckingbottom doesn’t do meekly throwing in the towel and has thrown his black pudding out the pram. Hecky thump!
Agree, think Hecky & Stockdale are fighting their corner.

Foritza
04-11-2019, 07:11 PM
A very poor statement from our club even although there would have been a tense situation surrounding this dismissal Hibs have not been very classy or informative of their Last 2 sackings of our managers.Yes we can assume PH got sacked because 0f lack of results.,but why not say that, and at best thank him for his efforts. I m sure he gave it his all.But it was not good enough . Who put their name to this statement ? again we are treated like mushrooms. Please tell us who at this moment is running this club on a day to day basis. To the current board you don't deserve the backing of our fans. Where is Archie and Leeann ?

hfc rd
04-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Delighted it’s finally done now!

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Can't folk wait a couple of days to see what Hibs say without second guessing things and moaning. Obviously the right decision was made and it will be interesting to see what names are in the frame.

Alfiembra
04-11-2019, 07:16 PM
I think the wording is quite poignant “have been relieved of their duties” to me, as others have suggested, this has not been an amicable parting of the ways.

1 8 7 5
04-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Its incredulous people getting in a tiz about the quality of the statement!! Deary me.

Its succinct. It tells us what we have (almost) all been waiting for.

I am delighted at the statement.... though still gutted I didnt read it the monday after Ibrox.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 07:18 PM
I think the wording is quite poignant “have been relieved of their duties” to me, as others have suggested, this has not been an amicable parting of the ways.

It's certainly not a "mutual consent" thing.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 07:20 PM
The standard statement is XXXXXX FC would like to thank XXXXXXX for his efforts and service to the club.........

Unusually short statement from Hibs without any pleasantries. Agree that there may have been a bit of a rammy over the parting of ways.

I guess so but does it really matter. I doubt it would be any help to the 2 guys without jobs.

ionahibby
Maybe Dempster has gone too.

BlackSheep
Well one thing is for sure, they’re not the only ones who are relieved!

BlackSheep
04-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Also what’s cheaper... a pay off or gardening leave...?? I guess it all depends on if he gets another job sooner rather than later.

The Harp Awakes
Its incredulous people getting in a tiz about the quality of the statement!! Deary me.

Its succinct. It tells us what we have (almost) all been waiting for.

I am delighted at the statement.... though still gutted I didnt read it the monday after Ibrox.

Don't think anyone's getting into a tiz about the statement. They're just giving a view on it.

I agree with the 2nd bit. He should have gone after Ibrox which was an embarrassment and humiliation.

Onion
What planet are you on thinking a statement detailing the financial implications of a massive **** up is going to be released?

Didn't appreciate that on .net "cost" can only be expressed in a detailed financial statement :rolleyes:

Jones28
04-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Didn't appreciate that on .net "cost" can only be expressed in a detailed financial statement :rolleyes:

Do tell as to how else you express cost other than releasing financial details?

Are referring to feelings here?

Vault Boy
04-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Maybe Dempster has gone too.

Hadn't thought of that. Definitely plausible, hope it's not the case though.

1 8 7 5
04-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Don't think anyone's getting into a tiz about the statement. They're just giving a view on it.

I agree with the 2nd bit. He should have gone after Ibrox which was an embarrassment and humiliation.

Theres people on the thread commenting on Hibs' statement as being "a disgrace", "abysmal" ! I think "tiz" is being polite!

CockneyRebel
04-11-2019, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5979703]Not going to complain about the PR on this occasion. The right thing has been done.

Correct Ozy. Everyone screaming for months for him to be punted and now he's gone they are moaning about the PR! He's gone .....enjoy....look ahead.

ionahibby
04-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Hadn't thought of that. Definitely plausible, hope it's not the case though.

Either it’s a short statement because there are further sackings ie Dempster or the “relieved of their duties” suggests they are still being paid therefore gardening leave so Hibs can’t say anymore until legal stuff etc.

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Theres people on the thread commenting on Hibs' statement as being "a disgrace", "abysmal" ! I think "tiz" is being polite!

Ok. Haven't read those posts. Far from a disgrace. The wording is a bit unusual but the correct decision has been made which is all that matters.

BlackSheep
04-11-2019, 07:36 PM
All the speculation over the wording... it’s likely just a case of whomever posting it has been told to word it nicely as they could and not say “sacked”.

FitbaFolkKen
04-11-2019, 07:55 PM
“Has he been sacked yet?”

“Sack LD for not sacking him”

“Why did Ron even buy us? SACK THEM ALL!”

“That dismissal lacks class”

Cannot win! Who cares about the PR now, let’s get the new manager in.

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 07:56 PM
It’s simple.A full statement will be issued once the legals on both sides have agreed it.Just because it’s football doesn’t mean that the employment laws don’t apply.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2019, 07:58 PM
The statement says there's more to come, so lets wait and see what happens then. For me it has to be not just a reworking of what has just been said with 'thanks for your efforts, best wishes' tacked on, but a more detailed statement acknowledging that the style of football and results it failed to achieve were unacceptable and that the board cannot and will not accept anything like that from any manager.

In his very first game which IIRC was the cup tie against Celtic I still remember my anger as I watched for the first time in years a Hibs team take the field against anybody at Easter Road and look like they were afraid of the opposition, the incredibly defensive way they played that day filled me with trepidation about what Heckingbottom's mindset in big games would be, it was like the 80s and 90s all over again ... he was too timid and too cautious for me and worse than that he neither signed the players to play, or at any point that I could see tried to play, the energetic high pressing game he said was his favoured style ...... he paid for it with his job and can have no complaints that he did.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2019, 08:14 PM
The statement says there's more to come, so lets wait and see what happens then. For me it has to be not just a reworking of what has just been said with 'thanks for your efforts, best wishes' tacked on, but a more detailed statement acknowledging that the style of football and results it failed to achieve were unacceptable and that the board cannot and will not accept anything like that from any manager.

In his very first game which IIRC was the cup tie against Celtic I still remember my anger as I watched for the first time in years a Hibs team take the field against anybody at Easter Road and look like they were afraid of the opposition, the incredibly defensive way they played that day filled me with trepidation about what Heckingbottom's mindset in big games would be, it was like the 80s and 90s all over again ... he was too timid and too cautious for me and worse than that he neither signed the players to play, or at any point that I could see tried to play, the energetic high pressing game he said was his favoured style ...... he paid for it with his job and can have no complaints that he did.

You’ll be disappointed then as there’s no chance of that type of statement.

I agree on your final point. Hecky had probably the best opportunity of any new manager in the last 20 years. He had 10-12 games to see the squad and the league. Then a summer where he was backed to sign 8-10 players to fit the style he favoured. He failed to sign a single player with pace and also couldn’t get any midfielders with any aggression or legs about them. Completely his own failure.

ehf
04-11-2019, 08:43 PM
You’ll be disappointed then as there’s no chance of that type of statement.

I agree on your final point. Hecky had probably the best opportunity of any new manager in the last 20 years. He had 10-12 games to see the squad and the league. Then a summer where he was backed to sign 8-10 players to fit the style he favoured. He failed to sign a single player with pace and also couldn’t get any midfielders with any aggression or legs about them. Completely his own failure.

Or a decent striker.

J-C
04-11-2019, 08:47 PM
BBC website says he's been sacked.

kaimendhibs
04-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Really poor statement

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Really poor statement

Not knowing what's gone on, what would you expect Hibs to say?

basehibby
04-11-2019, 09:27 PM
A very brief and to the point statement - but who cares? It's the message we wanted to hear and it does promise more info to come. Lets be happy then and stop obsessing over this succinct piece of verbage - much more important things to speculate about now like who's the next manager??? :cb

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 09:28 PM
A very brief and to the point statement - but who cares? It's the message we wanted to hear and it does promise more info to come. Lets be happy then and stop obsessing over this succinct piece of verbage - much more important things to speculate about now like who's the next manager??? :cb

Exactly

kaimendhibs
04-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Not knowing what's gone on, what would you expect Hibs to say?Thanks for effort, didn't work out etc. Usual plaudits

Hi Heid Yin
04-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Can't folk wait a couple of days to see what Hibs say without second guessing things and moaning. Obviously the right decision was made and it will be interesting to see what names are in the frame.

My thoughts too.:agree:

ALF TUPPER
04-11-2019, 09:34 PM
What kept you Hibs? What kept you?

Steve88
04-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Half the folk on here crying about it being a "poor statement" when all you've wanted is PH gone. You've got what you asked, stop whinging!

Onwards and upwards!

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Really poor statement

Maybe they are being respect and sorting out everything else before a full statement? It’s obvious it was leaked to the press so they had to do something.

Lack of communication has been shocking recently but I refuse to believe they sacked Hecky then took hours to tell any of the support then came out with a short but sweet thing. I feel the announcement he has left was taken out their hands by the media.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Half the folk on here crying about it being a "poor statement" when all you've wanted is PH gone. You've got what you asked, stop whinging!

Onwards and upwards!

Did you want to keep him like? You’re making out the support was being unreasonable wanting him to leave.

Steve88
04-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Did you want to keep him like? You’re making out the support was being unreasonable wanting him to leave.

Not a chance I wanted this guy to stay! He's done a fantastic job..... at destroying the confidence and style of play Hibs had built up over the past few years, the ability to take games to any team on the front foot and consistently get points off the old firm

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 09:42 PM

I didn't read it that he wanted PH to stay but instead just pointing out that some folk were moaning about the statement. I think the Onwards and Upwards gave a clue.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Not a chance I wanted this guy to stay! He's done a fantastic job..... at destroying the confidence and style of play Hibs had built up over the past few years, the ability to take games to any team on the front foot and consistently get points off the old firm

No problem - should have said all we’ve wanted then 😁 apologies, it sounded like a rant of someone who gave in and done as someone wanted against your belief but it still wasn’t good enough.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:45 PM
I didn't read it that he wanted PH to stay but instead just pointing out that some folk were moaning about the statement. I think the Onwards and Upwards gave a clue.

Like I said it sounded like saying some of the support are still ungrateful by wanting more against other opinion.

Onwards and upwards is correct though. Regardless of anyone’s opinion of the manager, we move on.

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Like I said it sounded like saying some of the support are still ungrateful by wanting more against other opinion.

Onwards and upwards is correct though. Regardless of anyone’s opinion of the manager, we move on.

:aok:

Crab apple
04-11-2019, 09:51 PM
The most important thing is the board made the correct decision although it should have been done weeks ago.

Squealing pig
04-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Best news all season , let’s get right behind Eddie and co til we get the next guy in

BoomtownHibees
04-11-2019, 10:01 PM

He had a couple of games before that Celtc one and I thought we were on to a winner but that game in the cup, as early as it was in to his reign, started ringing alarm bells for me however he then went on to get another few decent results, especially our first away derby win in about 6 years. Then it was all downhill from there, sadly

houstonhibbee
04-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Probably hibs wanted them to agree to leave and not have to pay out the remainder of the contracts then PH would have saved face, and hibs coukd have stated it was by mutual consent and given their best wishes but PH refused......

Hibby Bairn
04-11-2019, 10:26 PM
All manager contracts have a termination clause which details exactly the compensation payment due. Mutual consent is just a PR job.

If Hibs want to terminate then they just pay up.

Onion
05-11-2019, 12:02 AM
Do tell as to how else you express cost other than releasing financial details?

Are referring to feelings here?

Ok, very ... very simple example .... "cost" can be expressed in terms of realistic goals for the season ahead. At the start of the season, we were realistically aiming for a top 4 position, qualifying for the Europa League plus having a realistic chance of winning a Cup - maybe even beating Hearts. Budget and stature of the club demanded that.

Now that we're 11 games into the season and the Hibs Board having held onto the hope that Heckingbottom would somehow miraculously come good, and standing 1 point off the the bottom of the table without a win in 10, what now are the realistic goals for Hibs in the season 2019/20 ? Do Hibs still believe, having yet to appoint an new manager , and with the squad we have at our disposal, still believe that these goals are achievable ? If not, what can we realistically expect for the season ahead. By deduction, that is part of the "cost" of appointing and hanging onto Heckingbottom. Granted there were no guarantees at the start of the season, but we all had realistic expectations of competing at the top end of the table and maybe sneaking a cup. I'm look for the Hibs Board (LD maybe) to take some responsibility and accept that their decision-making has cost the club. They chose the manager, they sanctioned the signings. For me, sacking Heckingbottom doesn't start to answer all the questions or show that the Board accept their role in this debacle.

For the sake of any doubt.. no one expects Hibs to publish details of the financial impact of having to sack heckingbottom :cb

Jones28
05-11-2019, 12:19 AM
Ok, very ... very simple example .... "cost" can be expressed in terms of realistic goals for the season ahead. At the start of the season, we were realistically aiming for a top 4 position, qualifying for the Europa League plus having a realistic chance of winning a Cup - maybe even beating Hearts. Budget and stature of the club demanded that.

Now that we're 11 games into the season and the Hibs Board having held onto the hope that Heckingbottom would somehow miraculously come good, and standing 1 point off the the bottom of the table without a win in 10, what now are the realistic goals for Hibs in the season 2019/20 ? Do Hibs still believe, having yet to appoint an new manager , and with the squad we have at our disposal, still believe that these goals are achievable ? If not, what can we realistically expect for the season ahead. By deduction, that is part of the "cost" of appointing and hanging onto Heckingbottom. Granted there were no guarantees at the start of the season, but we all had realistic expectations of competing at the top end of the table and maybe sneaking a cup. I'm look for the Hibs Board (LD maybe) to take some responsibility and accept that their decision-making has cost the club. They chose the manager, they sanctioned the signings. For me, sacking Heckingbottom doesn't start to answer all the questions or show that the Board accept their role in this debacle.

For the sake of any doubt.. no one expects Hibs to publish details of the financial impact of having to sack heckingbottom :cb

You’re going to be disappointed.

Ozyhibby
05-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Statement is enough for me. Now that he’s gone I don’t really need to know anymore about Paul Heckingbottom. Where he goes now or who he manages next are of no concern. So the statement cover everything I need to know.
What’s important now is the new guy gets brought in sharpish and the club start sorting themselves out and start showing there is progress happening on and off the pitch.

monktonharp
05-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Thanks Paul, for your efforts to keep Hibernian fc up there with the best of them. Bye.

FilipinoHibs
05-11-2019, 01:18 AM
What a wonderful morning in the Philippines. I wake up to a message from my son that PH has been sacked. A giant weight has been lifted off our shoulders. I breath in the fresh air and look at the beautiful palm trees and water buffalo. Is not life wonderful?

monktonharp
05-11-2019, 01:27 AM
What a wonderful morning in the Philippines. I wake up to a message from my son that PH has been sacked. A giant weight has been lifted off our shoulders. I breath in the fresh air and look at the beautiful palm trees and water buffalo. Is not life wonderful?life is indeed wonderful mate. we are about to appoint a new saviour, and he will bring us the Scottish cup sooner than you expected. God's a Hibby :scarf:

Mixu1875
05-11-2019, 02:45 AM
We’ll end up with a free agent, probably Ross or Stubbs. No way are we paying a club for their manager when we’ve through two this year and paid money for players.

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2019, 03:03 AM
Thanks for effort, didn't work out etc. Usual plaudits

What I'd expect too.

ozhibs
05-11-2019, 06:04 AM
I expect the short statement is because it’s not all done and dusted yet
GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Yes its poor PR but he’s gone as he ought to have weeks ago. Let’s move on. Who’s next for our unconditional love/paranoid vitriol?

Yorkshire HFC
05-11-2019, 06:14 AM
Yes its poor PR but he’s gone as he ought to have weeks ago. Let’s move on. Who’s next for our unconditional love/paranoid vitriol?

A new manager every 12 months is the one thing every successful football club has in common.........

confused
05-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Give me strength 😂
I agree , we even complain when we fire the guy who has been the subject of our forums for weeks ,

lucky
05-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Short statement was released about an hour after every newsfeed in the country had ran the story. Glad he’s away but something is not right at Hibs on and off the park

Real Emerald
05-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Short statement was released about an hour after every newsfeed in the country had ran the story. Glad he’s away but something is not right at Hibs on and off the park

I’m just glad he’s gone and would have been happy if the announcement had even been made in smoke signals, I just wanted rid. I do agree with you that something isn’t right though. More info may come out (or not) in the next few days but not one word from LD is very odd. It feels like there’s more going on than meets the eye, time will tell.

Mr Grieves
05-11-2019, 10:19 AM
He should never got the the job in the first place, the club ****ed up.

Mikey
05-11-2019, 11:13 AM
On the back of the EEN it says he was called at home. That explains why things have still to be finalised. Hence the brief statement.

JimBHibees
05-11-2019, 11:16 AM

You do realise this probably didn't come from Hibs.

Peevemor
05-11-2019, 11:20 AM
He should never got the the job in the first place, the club ****ed up.

Were you saying that when he immediately reversed the bad form/run we were on under Lennon?

Lancs Harp
05-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Were you saying that when he immediately reversed the bad form/run we were on under Lennon?

His appointment clearly was a mistake, you only have to glance at the league table and have witnessed some of the clueless turgid performances this season. Hecky did start well and I think many of us were a it hopeful we'd get back on track after a drop off under Lennon, but we had a wretched end to last season and this season speaks for itself. There was certainly no progression overall infact things have gone decidedly backwards. Any manager at our level in a club scuh as ours would be looking over their shoulder after 1 win in 11 games and the fanbase unhappy with the quality on offer, especially after what we had witnessed for the previous few seasons.

His appointment quite clearly was a mistake.

JOD
05-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Couldn't give a monkey about the statement and the usual pleasantries.

The last 9 months have been a disaster so good riddance maybe now we can get back on track to

where we should be in Scottish Fitba.:bye: