PDA

View Full Version : Now we will see the calibre of Mr Gordon

greenpaper55
04-11-2019, 04:56 PM
I would think that Ron would have given Hecky a chance to show what he had got before making a move against him, Now it's Ron's move and we shall see what level of manager he brings in to the club whether it's a high profile one or another unknown from the lower leagues from god knows where. The new appointment will show us if Gordon has the will and the means to take the club to a higher level, it wouldn't be hard mind you !

Since452
04-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I would think that Ron would have given Hecky a chance to show what he had got before making a move against him, Now it's Ron's move and we shall see what level of manager he brings in to the club whether it's a high profile one or another unknown from the lower leagues from god knows where. The new appointment will show us if Gordon has the will and the means to take the club to a higher level, it wouldn't be hard mind you !

Yup. His first big test and a chance to make his mark

Diclonius
04-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Dempster will be picking the manager I expect.

Unseen work
04-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Big challenge and chance to put his money where his mouth is. Fwiw I don’t think Heckingbottom and Stockdale would have been cheap by any stretch.

where'stheslope
04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Must be a good experienced manager, not a punt on an up and coming candidate!
Think he must have Scottish football experience, and be knowledgeable in the transfer market!!!
Pity he will have to wait till the winter transfer market to maybe make his mark????

Smartie
04-11-2019, 06:01 PM

And in doing so she will be placing her neck firmly on the chopping block.

Ron won't be letting her get too many more of these wrong.

bingo70
04-11-2019, 06:05 PM
I find it hard to understand spending £6m on a club but not having an idea of who you want to run the team, even if he didn’t plan to sack Heckingbottom straight away.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if there’s a conversation Ron has had with our next manager prior to him taking over at some point.

He’s bound to have ideas of who he wants, surely.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2019, 06:06 PM

I’d have thought Mathie would be involved too, as he’s got to work with him closely

ScottB
04-11-2019, 06:11 PM
I find it hard to understand spending £6m on a club but not having an idea of who you want to run the team, even if he didn’t plan to sack Heckingbottom straight away.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if there’s a conversation Ron has had with our next manager prior to him taking over at some point.

Not necessarily, if he wants to be hands on, sure, but he doesn’t exactly have a history steeped in football.

Or he sees himself as a smart investor, and will leave the decisions in the hands of people he finds capable. STF owned us for years and I doubt he ever waded into decisions on the management, he trusted Petrie.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2019, 06:15 PM

I’m glad Heckingottom is gone but he came from jobs in one the biggest leagues in the world. Having been manager of Leeds, he was hardly an unknown.

Mikey
04-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Dempster and Mathie with pick the manager with input from George Craig. Ron Gordon will have the final say but he's unlikely to veto their choice.

Jim44
04-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Dempster and Mathie with pick the manager with input from George Craig. Ron Gordon will have the final say but he's unlikely to veto their choice.

Big and important decision for Dempster and Mathie and probably to a lesser degree, RG. However, success and quality of their decision will be determined by how much financial rope RG allows them.

iwasthere1972
04-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Maybe get Tam McCourt to pick the next manager. He has to work along side them to some degree and has outlasted so many.

Seriously hope we get the right person and not another dud.

AlbertK86
04-11-2019, 07:00 PM

Hopefully George Craig and his ego are nowhere near the decision making process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
04-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Barring signing the cheque I hope Ron stays out of it. Leeann has a decent record and can be trusted

GibbytheHibby2
04-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Must be a good experienced manager, not a punt on an up and coming candidate!
Think he must have Scottish football experience, and be knowledgeable in the transfer market!!!
Pity he will have to wait till the winter transfer market to maybe make his mark????

An up and coming candidate like Mowbray or Stubbs? Yes please.

Unsworth from the Toffees I would take.

The Captain....
04-11-2019, 07:17 PM
The.impression I've got all along is Ron is happy to leave the running of the club to Dempster etc..especially in the short term. I doubt he'll have much input on the new man in charge..other than providing funding if necessary.

I'm still a bit non plussed by his takeover tbh..I just dont see why he wanted to do it or what the end game is.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
04-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Imagine buying an American football team which you know very little about and then having to choose a head coach a couple of months later.

RG will definitely be relying on LD and GM to pick a candidate.

Smartie
04-11-2019, 07:24 PM
The.impression I've got all along is Ron is happy to leave the running of the club to Dempster etc..especially in the short term. I doubt he'll have much input on the new man in charge..other than providing funding if necessary.

I'm still a bit non plussed by his takeover tbh..I just dont see why he wanted to do it or what the end game is.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I also think that all talk of Farmer vetting prospective new owners is utter horse****.

He wanted out and took the first offer that came his way after the decision had been made to get out.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2019, 07:48 PM
I also think that all talk of Farmer vetting prospective new owners is utter horse****.

He wanted out and took the first offer that came his way after the decision had been made to get out.

I disagree. It’s just basic that if you’re going to negotiate over a period of months, the first thing you check is that the prospective buyer has the funds. What is their source of wealth? In the case of Ron Gordon, it doesn’t take a huge amount of diligence to confirm he is a credible person and not short of money.

His motivations would be more of a subjective matter and probably something Farmer and Petrie had to go with gut feel on. But... there is no ulterior play to buying Hibs - nobody is gonna do it to make money

hibeejeebies
04-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Now humming the theme tune to Gladiators.

Irish-Hibee
04-11-2019, 10:00 PM

This. I don't know what people expect from Ron Gordon. He's the majority shareholder. He pays Dempsters wages so he doesn't need to do make these decisions. The only decisions he will make concerning hibs is, how much we can spend and whether Dempster is up to the job.

matty_f
05-11-2019, 06:12 AM
This is the first real opportunity for Ron Gordon to show that he's serious about making us really competitive.

This is a huge appointment for Hibs, and Gordon putting some serious cash behind getting the best possible candidate would really lay down a marker.

There's an opportunity now to show that we have a bit of financial clout and I'm looking for Hibs to be on the front foot with a very good appointment.

I think that will be our first sign that Gordon is serious.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2019, 06:14 AM

Farmer let Rod get about 5 in a row wrong before Dempster came in. She's more than earned the right to be involved in the process again.

Wembley67
05-11-2019, 06:19 AM

Why would you possibly think that? Sir Tom loves the club and Leithers as one as you know, thorough diligence would have been done guaranteed. I just find it impossible to believe he would sell us down the dodgy route.

The_Sauz
05-11-2019, 04:47 PM
I thought George Craig was to retire at the end of the year?
As he was head of recruitment, I'm wondering if he was asked to retire for his part in the players that were brought in this season?

H18 SFR
05-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I thought George Craig was to retire at the end of the year?
As he was head of recruitment, I'm wondering if he was asked to retire for his part in the players that were brought in this season?

Seems logical.

Keith_M
05-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Farmer turned down a previous bid for the club, because he thought the person behind it, Brian Kennedy, could not be trusted as an owner.

Kennedy then went on to buy another club and led them into serious financial trouble, proving Farmer right.

SunshineOnLeith
05-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Farmer turned down a previous bid for the club, because he thought the person behind it, Brian Kennedy, could not be trusted as an owner.

Kennedy then went on to buy another club and led them into serious financial trouble, proving Farmer right.

Was he the one who started posting on here and then threw his toys out of the pram?

Smartie
05-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Why would you possibly think that? Sir Tom loves the club and Leithers as one as you know, thorough diligence would have been done guaranteed. I just find it impossible to believe he would sell us down the dodgy route.

I'm not disputing that.

I just get the feeling that the time was right for Sir Tom to move on, he wanted out. Petrie had his new job and Farmer's health isn't what it was. There was a time when he might have carried out exhaustive diligence to get the right person, I just think that a fairly plausible character came forward at a time when it felt right for him to sell and Farmer was simply happy to get out without having to seriously scrutinise who was coming in.

FWIW I don't at this stage question Ron's motives, I think he seems genuine. Whether he has the deep pockets or savvy to steer us through a relegation or crowds plummeting to previous levels remains to be seen.

I don't think he's handled the Heckingbottom situation all that badly. He gave the guy a reasonable chance and a reasonable amount of time and when it became clear he wasn't up to it and that there was too far to go to get back onside with the fans, he acted.

What happens next will be interesting.

chrisski33
05-11-2019, 07:39 PM

Possibly correct. Certainly when Farmer sold Kwik fit to Ford Kwik fit struggled afterwards. Just hope that's not the case for us

500miles
05-11-2019, 07:46 PM
So far Dempster has picked 2 successful managers and 1 unsuccessful manager. If that was a manager signing record with players, we'd be sitting third no bother. Can't decide whether the haste to throw her in the firing line is because she's a woman or a hun.

bingo70
05-11-2019, 08:04 PM
So far Dempster has picked 2 successful managers and 1 unsuccessful manager. If that was a manager signing record with players, we'd be sitting third no bother. Can't decide whether the haste to throw her in the firing line is because she's a woman or a hun.

Or is it maybe for reasons other than managerial appointments?

Lack of main sponsor being the obvious one but the loyalty scheme, the closure of the bar behind the goals, poor hospitality offering and lack of decent communication recently aren’t endearing her to the supporters either.

Nothing to do with her being a woman or being a rangers fan IMO.

Smartie
05-11-2019, 08:12 PM

I think she's given him a reasonable chance to succeed then acted decisively and early to rectify a mistake that will have hurt her personally.

The best make mistakes, they acknowledge them and fix them quickly.

She may be a woman, she may be a hun, but she's also the person that took us on immediately post-relegation and turned us into a very different and far superior outfit in a very short space of time.

As a result, she deserves a bit of trust and a bit of backing to sort this out.

Her job isn't an easy one though, whichever club she's at she'll always be in the firing line and it's nothing to do with gender or club supported as a child.

Greenworld
06-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Or is it maybe for reasons other than managerial appointments?

Lack of main sponsor being the obvious one but the loyalty scheme, the closure of the bar behind the goals, poor hospitality offering and lack of decent communication recently aren’t endearing her to the supporters either.

Nothing to do with her being a woman or being a rangers fan IMO.She cut staffing levels to the bone on sponsership side of things. The first jobs that were advertised were in that area. Next jobs were finance accounts jobs .
So I think Ron is starting to put people in where he thinks needs boosted.
These are not interesting posts to us but I wonder who they will report to,might just be a realisation that Leanne was trying to do to much on the comminty side of things and took her eye of the ball on the football / stadium earning capacity side of things .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Jones28
06-11-2019, 08:22 AM

Isn’t that what LD is there for? RG will have input sure, but Dempster input will the 90% of the decision IMO

FilipinoHibs
06-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Isn’t that what LD is there for? RG will have input sure, but Dempster input will the 90% of the decision IMO

Ron, LD and Mathie deciding. Mathie will have the biggest input. LD will make the recommendation. Ron will pull the trigger.

Greenworld
06-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Possibly correct. Certainly when Farmer sold Kwik fit to Ford Kwik fit struggled afterwards. Just hope that's not the case for usRod would be the man doing all the vetting and reporting back to STF.
Like him or hate him ROD P was clearly the man in charge I'm sure LD appreciated having him around .
You could argue that in the short time he has gone LD does not get the same respect from staff it happens

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk