PDA

View Full Version : May, Grant and Whitts

HendoDelivered
04-11-2019, 05:10 PM
To take charge until further notice according to SNN.

Onion
04-11-2019, 05:11 PM
As long as none of them become a cheap option for the job.

Aim Here
04-11-2019, 05:49 PM
I'm intrigued by the thought of Whittaker getting bumped up to management. This last couple of years, it's often looked like his brain was a few steps ahead of where his legs could take him.

J-C
04-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Was Whittaker not given a longer contract with the thought of doing his badges and moving into coaching, same as with Daz and Gray in the future.

Diclonius
04-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I really hope someone's told May not to bang on and on about how he hates being interim manager this time.

Vault Boy
04-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I really hope someone's told May not to bang on and on about how he hates being interim manager this time.

Cannae deal with that again, hopefully we have a replacement lined up more swiftly this time

Aim Here
04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Was Whittaker not given a longer contract with the thought of doing his badges and moving into coaching, same as with Daz and Gray in the future.

Nope. He's still due to be out in June.

Marvellous
04-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Do you ever stop moaning? Jesus Christ man.

Potty78
04-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Hope whitts picks the team sat🤔👍

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2019, 09:50 PM

:agree:

Shan patter

Really shan patter

Should be proud and honoured to lead our great club and most of all.... smile ! :greengrin

hibee
04-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Hope whitts picks the team sat[emoji848][emoji106]

Hope he picks himself.

IberianHibernian
04-11-2019, 09:51 PM
May already has experience of managing Hibs so no need to rush appointment . Will be disappointed if we have a new manager in next 15 days .

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Let’s all get behind them. It’s a tough situation to be in but they will know the players better than anyone.

Any chance of signing Ambrose for Sat now? :greengrin

Potty78
04-11-2019, 09:55 PM
May already has experience of managing Hibs so no need to rush appointment . Will be disappointed if we have a new manager in next 15 days .

Disappointed why? I personally think we'll have one pretty soon. Not in the know, just opinion.

Hibee Mac
04-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Can't wait to hear May have a good moan and let us all know he doesn't want to be there 😂

number9dream
05-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Let’s hope Whittaker does the media interviews - and maybe team talks too. May doesn’t strike me as an inspirational leader.
Why Whittaker as the third coach rather than Gray or McGregor? Are those two close to a return?
Would be a tough gig dropping some players then going back to sharing a dressing room.

Diclonius
05-11-2019, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure they'll have a game to take.

J-C
05-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Let’s hope Whittaker does the media interviews - and maybe team talks too. May doesn’t strike me as an inspirational leader.
Why Whittaker as the third coach rather than Gray or McGregor? Are those two close to a return?
Would be a tough gig dropping some players then going back to sharing a dressing room.

I think Whittaker has done his badges and been involved with the youth coaching, Gray and Daz have only started doing their badges.

badabing67
05-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Hope whitts picks the team sat🤔👍

So do I think he is going to be a good manager

hibbyfraelibby
05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Whitts has his badges, Daz and SDG still going theirs, but I think you can guarantee that the three senior members of the squad will be working together in best interests of the team and club, including game day selection and tactics.

MrRobot
05-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Good to see Whittaker getting a chance to step up into the management side. Possibly a coaching role for him once his contract is up, if he decides to call it time on his playing career.

jacomo
05-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Disappointed why? I personally think we'll have one pretty soon. Not in the know, just opinion.

Looking forward to another ‘thorough recruitment process’.

:rolleyes:

Jones28
05-11-2019, 10:52 AM
I think Eddie was more sick of being asked the same questions about taking the job on permanently than anything else. Must be awfully dull having to answer them again and again.

ancient hibee
05-11-2019, 05:36 PM
According to some posters Whittaker had been told that he wouldn’t be involved again and could find a new club.I wonder if this development is letting the fans know that it wasn’t all sweetness and light behind the scenes.

craigiehibs
05-11-2019, 05:46 PM
According to some posters Whittaker had been told that he wouldn’t be involved again and could find a new club.I wonder if this development is letting the fans know that it wasn’t all sweetness and light behind the scenes.
ur info is correct. whitts asked heck after celtic game why he wasnt getting more of a chance given results and heck took the huff and said he wont play again and could leave in jan. tosser

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2019, 05:34 AM
As long as none of them become a cheap option for the job.

Can we put to bed “cheap options” as an indicator of quality

See Hecky, Williamson can’t imagine Calderwood was cheap either.

Heisenberg
06-11-2019, 06:29 AM
ur info is correct. whitts asked heck after celtic game why he wasnt getting more of a chance given results and heck took the huff and said he wont play again and could leave in jan. tosser

It weird though, because Whittaker sat next to PH in the stand at the Ross County game and spoke to him throughout. They obviously didn’t fall out that badly because they seemed to get on fine.