PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful?

Jim44
04-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Does anyone think it’s disrespectful of the club to hold back announcing PH’s departure while all and sundry in the media, social media and football forums discuss the topic freely.

SMAXXA
04-11-2019, 03:35 PM
I sometimes don’t think they have a choice these things get leaked all the time even before the formalities have taken place to allow for an announcement

scooby
04-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Yup, but given the lack of communication recently it's hardly surprising.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:36 PM
I'm wondering what they're playing at. It takes a couple of minutes to put a single sentence announcement on the official site. All other business can be updated later, but at least make it the statement.

gaz1875
04-11-2019, 03:37 PM
I think its disrespectful someone's spilt the news before it can be announced by Hibs.

147lothian
04-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Does anyone think it’s disrespectful of the club to hold back announcing PH’s departure while all and sundry in the media, social media and football forums discuss the topic freely.

Nope, instant news is the way of the world today an the club could be in discussions with Stockdale

MixuMac
04-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Maybe it is out of respect to PH that official announcement as not been made. Give him time to let his family know etc.

turn and burn
04-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Both disrespectful and seemingly disorganised.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Nope, instant news is the way of the world today an the club could be in discussions with Stockdale

Very true re modern media, but clubs must know this by now. Just put a single line of information on the website and say more information will follow. Sky already seem to know who the new coaching staff will be.

Deansy
04-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Dunno - it's been some time since the club told us anything ?

Hibbyradge
I doubt Paul Heckingbottom cares in the slightest.

In any case, I would think a one or 2 liner would be much more disrespectful than holding off until everything is completed and they can make a full, professional statement.

We don't know how the press got hold of the information, but it's unlikely to have come from @hibsofficial.

The journos probably follow the Cat, right enough ...

Peevemor
FFS can you not stop moaning. You've got what you want!

Everyone has run with the story with no quotes or confirmation from Hibs. To me that says that something, somewhere isn't finalised (Stockdale?).

No need for the constant, nit picking, criticism of the club.

LancashireHibby
04-11-2019, 03:44 PM
The club should certainly be looking in to why it has been able to be so widely-reported if they weren't in a position to be first in releasing the news.

Jim44
04-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Everyone has run with the story with no quotes or confirmation from Hibs. To me that says that something, somewhere isn't finalised (Stockdale?).

Not moaning, mate. Downright accusing.

Hibs90
04-11-2019, 03:45 PM
The club should certainly be looking in to why it has been able to be so widely-reported if they weren't in a position to be first in releasing the news.

Ex-journos working for the club obviously:wink:

Hibbyradge
Very true re modern media, but clubs must know this by now. Just put a single line of information on the website and say more information will follow. Sky already seem to know who the new coaching staff will be.

That would be a horrible way to announce it, if you think about it.

"Hibs have parted company with head coach, Paul Heckingbottom. More to follow".

That would be quite hurtful and insulting, imo.

Peevemor
Not moaning, mate. Downright accusing.

Can you not give it (and us) a rest for a bit?

CentreLine
04-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Not really. Some people are just desperate to
Find fault with the club. Howling for his sacking then not happy with the finer detail of how it happens. Why can’t we all just be happy for a change 🥰

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 03:49 PM

Did you want Heckingbottom to still be in charge? If not you got what you wanted too if you wanted him to stay then thankfully the club took the sensible route.

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Not really disrespectful IMO. News moves fast, with social media, and people genuinely ITK. Was bound to get out before an official statement.

Peevemor
04-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Did you want Heckingbottom to still be in charge? If not you got what you wanted too if you wanted him to stay then thankfully the club took the sensible route.

I'm dissappointed for him but he had to go. However, is there any need for yet another thread criticising the club?

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Not really. Some people are just desperate to
Find fault with the club. Howling for his sacking then not happy with the finer detail of how it happens. Why can’t we all just be happy for a change 🥰

To quote Don Logan in Sexy Beast, "I won't let you be happy, why should I"? :greengrin

Jim44
04-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Can you not give it (and us) a rest for a bit?

That’s rich.

The Captain....
04-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Agree with OP..Find it very odd and unprofessional that there is not a statement that they have left. There is a right and wrong way to do these things and this hasn't been handled particularly well.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
04-11-2019, 03:54 PM
That’s rich.

Care to expand on that?

blackpoolhibs
Its a common theme these days at the club, they dont like communicating with us much these days, and i mean its not as if sacking the manager is bad news for them.

Fife-Hibee
That would be a horrible way to announce it, if you think about it.

"Hibs have parted company with head coach, Paul Heckingbottom. More to follow".

That would be quite hurtful and insulting, imo.

I doubt Paul Heckingbottom cares in the slightest.

So which one is it?

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 03:58 PM
No, because that is purely media rumours. The club will report it when its fact. Like everything else.

Barman Stanton
04-11-2019, 03:58 PM
I also find it odd that we have not announced it yet.

SMAXXA
04-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Its a common theme these days at the club, they dont like communicating with us much these days, and i mean its not as if sacking the manager is bad news for them.

Any excuse to moan? Be happy it’s what lots of folk have been wanting

EI255
04-11-2019, 04:01 PM
PH will definitely find another (probably English) club before long. The sacking season is almost upon us. I wish him all the best. Decent guy, just didn't work out at Hibs.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Fife-Hibee
04-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Any excuse to moan? Be happy it’s what lots of folk have been wanting

Assuming that it's actually happened. But we just don't really know, because the club haven't announced or denounced it yet.

Aim Here
04-11-2019, 04:12 PM
This is just silly.

The news has been out for a couple of hours, at most. Hibs are an employer here, who have to talk about a released employee. They have to careful that what they say doesn't get them into trouble further down the line. If they say the wrong thing - like saying he was sacked when it was a mutual consent job - that could get them sued. Hibs also probably want to get some other details sorted out, such as who is the caretaker manager for Saturday, so they can put that in the statement.

The internet has given people much higher expectations of instant news, but FFS, give it at least a few hours before you accuse Hibernian of wilful disrespect!

CentreLine
04-11-2019, 04:29 PM
To quote Don Logan in Sexy Beast, "I won't let you be happy, why should I"? :greengrin

🤣👍🏻

BoomtownHibees
04-11-2019, 04:38 PM

They have announced it:

Not So Young
04-11-2019, 04:54 PM
I would think that they are finalising the terms and will then agree a text with PH.

My bigger concern is who recommended him, who vetted him. It's only been 9 months so whoever it was got it very wrong. I think they need to consider their position as well

CMurdoch
04-11-2019, 05:11 PM
It is now on Hibs official twitter
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC

Since452
04-11-2019, 05:14 PM
I would think that they are finalising the terms and will then agree a text with PH.

My bigger concern is who recommended him, who vetted him. It's only been 9 months so whoever it was got it very wrong. I think they need to consider their position as well

He comes across very well so you can see how he persuaded the board to hire him. His background working with youth was probably a big selling point too. Think we should do some research in to why managers are sacked though as seems a carbon copy of his time at Leeds.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 05:30 PM

Which is exactly what they have now done. Should have been before the media were all over it, in my humble opinion.