PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think this was Gordon's decision vs Leeann's?

California-Hibs
04-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Just putting it out there for discussion.

Thoughts?

GonzoReturns
04-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Just putting it out there for discussion.

Thoughts?

You would hope it was collective driven by Dempster otherwise her position must be on shaky ground.

GreenPJ
04-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Am sure a Dempster recommendation and validated by Gordon

Captain Trips
04-11-2019, 04:32 PM
LD was asked to comment on the original appointment of Heckingbottom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ttsa4__Ewk

Antifa Hibs
04-11-2019, 04:34 PM
You would hope it was collective driven by Dempster otherwise her position must be on shaky ground.

2nd manager she's had to pay-off in 9 months. Her position must be on shaky ground regardless.

SMAXXA
04-11-2019, 04:37 PM
No offence but does it really matter? We will never find out anyway just feels like this can be used as another way to slate her or him. I get the curiosity but likely won’t ever find out.

Fife-Hibee
04-11-2019, 04:38 PM
2nd manager she's had to pay-off in 9 months. Her position must be on shaky ground regardless.

Why? How often was Rodders in that kind of situation, yet his position was always declared untouchable?

CMac1988
04-11-2019, 04:38 PM
They'll have spoken about it but I believe it's been Leeann's intention for weeks to give him the first round of fixtures and ultimately the semi final he managed to get us too.
We may not have liked it but it was probably the right call from a business perspective when weighing up the pros and cons of Heckingbottom's position, hoping that he'd be able to turn it around.

However that's just guesswork and if Gordon did make the final call then Leeann won't be around for much longer.

Antifa Hibs
04-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Why? How often was Rodders in that kind of situation, yet his position was always declared untouchable?

Exactly. And look how that worked out for us :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Whatever happened with Lennon it wasn’t performance related was it?

Leith Green
04-11-2019, 04:41 PM
All that matters to me is that the decision has finally been made. Most fans have had him sussed for months and its not a nice situation for the club to be in. Disappointed in lack of communication from the club this season but we need to move on and move forwards

Rumble de Thump
04-11-2019, 04:45 PM

Only if you believe Keith Jackson and his "Record Sport understands..." patter.

offshorehibby
04-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Leeann's although RG probably had to rubber stamp it.

Lennon at the time was a great appointment but his time had run out with some of his antics to answer above

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 04:47 PM
The chat was that LD wanted rid last week but RG didn't authorise it.

hibbyfraelibby
04-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Has he actually gone yet though. No official announcement.

Fogzie
04-11-2019, 04:50 PM
They'll have spoken about it but I believe it's been Leeann's intention for weeks to give him the first round of fixtures and ultimately the semi final he managed to get us too.
We may not have liked it but it was probably the right call from a business perspective when weighing up the pros and cons of Heckingbottom's position, hoping that he'd be able to turn it around.

However that's just guesswork and if Gordon did make the final call then Leeann won't be around for much longer.

You are Spot On , but I would have thought that Leeann would have made the call. Maybe showing Gordon that she had grown a pair (sort of speak) https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==

CMurdoch
04-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Despite what supporters think both RG and LD will have been carefully weighing the situation up and speaking about it for some time.
Suspect the successive draws against Hamilton, Ross County & Livingston finally tipped the scales to getting rid.
They gave the guy every chance but he couldn't do the business and importantly his signings have been very poor business.

Getting rid of the manager is the easy part.
They now need to get the right person in quickly and that poor sod has to try to move on those who he believes are not good enough.
All of those signings have 18-24 months left on their deals.
I believe the new guy will get a better tune out of the squad but there will be a few he doesn't rate.

Onion
04-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Despite what supporters think both RG and LD will have been carefully weighing the situation up and speaking about it for some time.
Suspect the successive draws against Hamilton, Ross County & Livingston finally tipped the scales to getting rid.
They gave the guy every chance but he couldn't do the business and importantly his signings have been very poor business.

Getting rid of the manager is the easy part.
They now need to get the right person in quickly and that poor sod has to try to move on those who he believes are not good enough.
All of those signings have 18-24 months left on their deals.
I believe the new guy will get a better tune out of the squad but there will be a few he doesn't rate.

The more money you throw at the problem, the easier the decision and lower the risk. Ron needs to be ambitious and buy in the very best manager his money can get us, and support him with some decent funds. False economies by hoping some other English nobody can punch above his weight will only compound our problems. We need quality now.

Brooster
04-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Gordon wanted to do it weeks ago, Dempster was resisting.

3pm
04-11-2019, 05:38 PM

The opposite suggested on here last week!!

CapitalGreen
04-11-2019, 05:40 PM
The chat was that LD wanted rid last week but RG didn't authorise it.

and the week before that the chat was the opposite.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2019, 05:47 PM
It depends on if you want to undermine LD or not cos of loyalty points grudges etc.

TheMentalHibees
04-11-2019, 06:00 PM
I think this has been delayed so long because his sacking reflects poorly on a lot of people at the club. Not just the people that appointed him but the recruitment team who are ultimately responsible for the players on the park. Our structure is meant to insulate us from requiring an overhaul every time a manager leaves and yet here we are, first 11 half filled with duds on long contracts and our “biggest budget in years” spaffed up the wall. His shouldn’t be the only head that rolls here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
04-11-2019, 06:19 PM
and the week before that the chat was the opposite.

Which just shows that no one on here has any real idea of what happens behind the scenes, despite having "sources"

random sub
04-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Give Ron the chance and give Leanne the benefit of the doubt on this one. We know she’s been great for the club in other areas. Fresh start for them, new players in at Christmas, duds out and everyone’s happy!

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 07:32 PM
The more money you throw at the problem, the easier the decision and lower the risk. Ron needs to be ambitious and buy in the very best manager his money can get us, and support him with some decent funds. False economies by hoping some other English nobody can punch above his weight will only compound our problems. We need quality now.

What nationality of nobody would you prefer?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 07:35 PM

Can the CEO defy the owner?

An owner who had a very convivial meal with PH only last week?

madhatter
04-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Give Ron the chance and give Leanne the benefit of the doubt on this one. We know she’s been great for the club in other areas. Fresh start for them, new players in at Christmas, duds out and everyone’s happy!

Content maybe, happy no. Club must be going through some funds for player disposal and managerial sackings. All these new initiatives while our footballing department wastes needless funds...

This season is going to be a write off. We trashed our season again with horrendous summer recruitment. Heckingbottom was sadly only part of the problem.

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 08:01 PM
As well as being owner(or at least his company is)Ron is Executive Chairman so he would be involved.

Gordy M
04-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Content maybe, happy no. Club must be going through some funds for player disposal and managerial sackings. All these new initiatives while our footballing department wastes needless funds...

This season is going to be a write off. We trashed our season again with horrendous summer recruitment. Heckingbottom was sadly only part of the problem.

How is the season a write off? We have only played one round of fixtures. Results would suggest that outwith the old firm the teams are all very close. If we can appoint the right manager and decent recruitment in Jan, there is no reason that Europe is out of reach??

madhatter
04-11-2019, 08:09 PM
How is the season a write off? We have only played one round of fixtures. Results would suggest that outwith the old firm the teams are all very close. If we can appoint the right manager and decent recruitment in Jan, there is no reason that Europe is out of reach??

How are we, as a club, going to afford yet another January window with these duds from down south on 3 year contracts and a manager to pay off? Unless we have money injection coming I dont see how we are going to have massive player turn around in January and I think Pep or Klopp would struggle with the players we currently have, especially in midfield. Hope I'm wrong but Europe is miles away, we best focus on winning a game first.

Creating debt to replace that which Ron had cleared wasnt my image of the club growing...

Gordy M
04-11-2019, 08:17 PM
How are we, as a club, going to afford yet another January window with these duds from down south on 3 year contracts and a manager to pay off? Unless we have money injection coming I dont see how we are going to have massive player turn around in January and I think Pep or Klopp would struggle with the players we currently have, especially in midfield. Hope I'm wrong but Europe is miles away, we best focus on winning a game first.

Creating debt to replace that which Ron had cleared wasnt my image of the club growing...

Well thats your opinion, i dont think we are miles off the other teams,, in fact most recent results would suggest we are at least as good as them, and we are not playing well. Obv the old firm apart. A new manager may just find a way to get us winning again and we have three quarters of the season to go. Il be mightily peed off if we have chucked the season already......

eezyrider
04-11-2019, 08:17 PM

I would believe this to be the most likely explanation. At the end of the day getting rid of him would be easy. Appointing someone who could do a job would be much harder.

EZ

Sir David Gray
04-11-2019, 08:19 PM

We are 13 points away from the automatic European places, essentially 14 points due to our vastly inferior goal difference.

That's effectively 5 wins. Obviously with 27 games still to play it's not impossible but I'd say it's highly unlikely that we will be able to claw that back.

Kilmarnock went on unbelievable form two seasons ago when Steve Clarke took over and he could only get them to 5th place despite picking up 53 points from 29 games.

If we can just get into the top 6 then I'll be relieved.

madhatter
04-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Well thats your opinion, i dont think we are miles off the other teams,, in fact most recent results would suggest we are at least as good as them, and we are not playing well. Obv the old firm apart. A new manager may just find a way to get us winning again and we have three quarters of the season to go. Il be mightily peed off if we have chucked the season already......

I dont want us to have chucked the season either. My concern is the squad isn't that great. If we get a good manager and get the normal bounce then I'm sure we will be ok but it wont be an easy job. We had an unbalanced squad last season and this one is worse so getting to January in a reasonable position will be key.

Gordy M
04-11-2019, 08:23 PM
We are 13 points away from the automatic European places, essentially 14 points due to our vastly inferior goal difference.

That's effectively 5 wins. Obviously with 27 games still to play it's not impossible but I'd say it's highly unlikely that we will be able to claw that back.

Kilmarnock went on unbelievable form two seasons ago when Steve Clarke took over and he could only get them to 5th place despite picking up 53 points from 29 games.

Not saying its easy, but we have a game in hand, so lets say we managed a win there.....10 points over 26 games. As i said il be mighty peed off if we have decided thats it, we cant claw ten points back on motherwell over 26 games?

Robbo6-2
04-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Its a stupid question because we will never know the answer.

erin go bragh
Can the CEO defy the owner?

An owner who had a very convivial meal with PH only last week?

Ron Gordon publicly backed PH last week . That’s normally the final nail in the coffin for any manager.
Fwiw he should have been sacked after the derby defeat . Rumours saying the board wanted him gone for a few weeks , so I’m guessing it’s Ron who eventually pulled the plug .

Gordy M
I dont want us to have chucked the season either. My concern is the squad isn't that great. If we get a good manager and get the normal bounce then I'm sure we will be ok but it wont be an easy job. We had an unbalanced squad last season and this one is worse so getting to January in a reasonable position will be key.

Im not impressed with all the squad but i think there is a core of a decent team in there, i know its not popular to say, but if we were so bad that we couldnt claw back the points, why were all these other teams not beating us? Surely that shows that we can compete and a change of manager might turn these 6 draws into some wins?

Lago
04-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Because of his relationship with STF he was untouchable

Nakedmanoncrack
04-11-2019, 08:28 PM

:agree:

We are in a relegation battle, as much as I want to ambitious, talk of Euro places are fantasy at the moment.

Davy Mac
04-11-2019, 08:28 PM
I personally think Leeanne had to show assertiveness/CEO strength by recommending he should be removed from the position once Ron touched down in the UK.

Also, I'm sure Ron has watched re-runs of the magnificent 25-30K support singing SOL and then witnessed a hosing on Saturday in front of a mediocre Hibs audience.

In my experience, American business men are ruthless and are good poker faced players in business, I reckon LD is not sitting comfortably at the moment.

Gordy M
04-11-2019, 08:34 PM
:agree:

We are in a relegation battle, as much as I want to ambitious, talk of Euro places are fantasy at the moment.

Well kilmarnock are in 5th, and are 7 points clear of us, but we have played a game less. Id suggest if we are in a relegation battle then the 'bottom' 8 are all in a relgation fight........id say 11 games in is far too early to be in a fight for europe or relegation.