PDA

View Full Version : David Moyes?

Springbank
04-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Davie Moyes is a name you hear touted for the Hibs and the Hearts jobs.

Would you take him?

I'm not sure but I couldn't see us getting any worse under someone like Moyes or Strachan (but just not sure how far Moyes would improve us)?

sean04
04-11-2019, 03:11 PM
I said moyes the last time we were looking for a manager

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Snap him up.

It's a no from me.

Make it happen, Ron.

Failed in his last 4 jobs.

Am I doing this right?

chrisski33
Unsure but did well at Everton and must be something about him if man u took him. Again like Lennon he will be looking to rebuild his reputation so would be offski if done well and another club downsouth came knocking

hibee
Would happily take him if he wanted the job.

calumhibee1
04-11-2019, 03:15 PM
100%.

sean04
04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Think Man Utd current position shows how hard a job it’s been to replace Ferguson

BoltonHibee
04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Why would Moyes take either job. His next gig would have to be one he succeeds in.

What can he do at Hibs or Hearts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elevengoats
04-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Moyes is a football dinosaur. I want someone who can innovate, help us over-achieve. Someone who can help us play modern football. Someone with a lot of experience in using football analytics and advanced nutrition techniques to get the players in the best possible shape and playing to their strengths on the pitch. I would rather hire a talented young manager with a vision than take a proven dinosaur who will bring us absolutely nowhere.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 03:17 PM
I think he would be a tremendous appointment if he wishes to have a long term project back up here.

Golden Bear
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM
I don't think that the "attraction" of Scottish Football will be a big enough fish for Moyes. He'll have his sights set on better things.

Sudds_1
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Moyes is a football dinosaur. I want someone who can innovate, help us over-achieve. Someone who can help us play modern football. Someone with a lot of experience in using football analytics and advanced nutrition techniques to get the players in the best possible shape and playing to their strengths on the pitch. I would rather hire a talented young manager with a vision than take a proven dinosaur who will bring us absolutely nowhere.

Hertz tried that....look where it got them.

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Why would Moyes take either job. His next gig would have to be one he succeeds in.

What can he do at Hibs or Hearts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn one of them from perennial under-achievers into achievers:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Anyone please, anyone could do a better job than that clown.

I'm pretty sure that was said last time. :faf:

sean04
04-11-2019, 03:20 PM

We have analysis and nutrition experts in the club already. Every club he has managed is bigger than Hibs. Premier league experience

hibbie02
04-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Definitely a no from me. Took the piss out of a load of West Ham mates about him taking over there and my views wouldn't change with him going to Hibs. Does anyone think he could do anything with the squad we are stuck with. He can't even put together a Team with tens of millions to play with.

elevengoats
04-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Hertz tried that....look where it got them.
With Craig Levein? :greengrin He's probably an embodiment of anti-innovation. Really similar to what I saw from Moyes at Man United.

elevengoats
04-11-2019, 03:26 PM
We have analysis and nutrition experts in the club already. Every club he has managed is bigger than Hibs. Premier league experience
Nah, you need a manager who is all over it. Like Wenger innovated the sh*t out of it at Arsenal and transformed the whole English Premier league. Could tell exactly the same about analytics - watch Marcelo Bielsa for example.

eezyrider
04-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Like Ian Cathro you mean?

EZ

Jim44
04-11-2019, 03:30 PM
I don't think that the "attraction" of Scottish Football will be a big enough fish for Moyes. He'll have his sights set on better things.

.......... which are going beyond his grasp as time passes. :wink:

ian cruise

The last sentence is exactly what Heckingbottom was meant to be. Experience counts for a lot.

Vault Boy
EEN said he's not interested in the Hearts job.

we are hibs
04-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Doesnt want the hearts job. Dont think he will want the hibs.

I imagine he thinks he could still attract a championship club down south; preston maybe if alex neil goes.

elevengoats
04-11-2019, 03:40 PM
The last sentence is exactly what Heckingbottom was meant to be. Experience counts for a lot.

Sure, it does count. All I'm saying is:
(1) We are not gonna sign the best proven managers out there (Guardiola, Klopp, etc.)
(2) Proven dinosaurs (Moyes, Keane, Strachan) that we in theory could afford (at least not beyond imagination) are not gonna bring us anything exciting
(3) So we will have to take a risk a little bit and go for someone who isn't proven but has the right skills and vision. And we have to be ready that we could get it wrong.

The choice is between a guarantee of being mediocre (top 4-6) or pushing for the stars with a risk of being burned. I'll go for the stars any day.

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Moyes,jeez hope not 😒

brianmc
04-11-2019, 03:58 PM

You've just described Heckinbottom...

McKenzie
04-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Moyes is a cracking manager. We won’t be able to attract better that’s for sure. He built an incredible side at Everton whilst never spending more than 5 million a year in the English leagues is some job.

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 04:17 PM
What did he actually achieve at Everton? Because he's done nothing since.

Lago
04-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Moyes would only be interested in the Glasgow 2, the rest of Scottish football is small beer to him.

CLASS OF 72 -73
04-11-2019, 04:38 PM
I would have him. Contacts and all, doesn't need the money. When you look at what's happened since he got shunted at United he wasn't that bad. Ron might want to make a statement of intent.
(or even a statement):wink:

Unseen work
04-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Not for me, I don’t know what it is but he just doesn’t excite me in the slightest.

i think some people are suited to certain clubs and personally don’t think he is suited to us in the slightest

hibee-boys
04-11-2019, 04:46 PM
People still on the drink from Saturday? Only job he'd come up here for would one of the Glasgow gigs, no danger he'd be interested in what we could offer as a wage.

chrisski33
04-11-2019, 05:35 PM
He's just said he's not interested in Hibs or Hearts on the radio

Smartie
04-11-2019, 05:37 PM
What about David Notes?

Have we written him off?

WestCoastHibby
04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Yep, just confirmed on Sportsound. Not interested

Expect his appointment by end of the week!?

Iain G
He's just said he's not interested in Hibs or Hearts on the radio

Good he is so high an opinion of himself for a man that has failed in most of his managerial career to do very much of anything

sleeping giant
What about David Notes?

Have we written him off?

:greengrin

Scottie
04-11-2019, 05:39 PM
What about David Notes?

Have we written him off?

:greengrin
:faf:

sleeping giant
04-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Stubbs rules himself in.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Anyone please, anyone could do a better job than that clown.

I'm pretty sure that was said last time. :faf:

Yeah, for a while it was right. Hecky done much better than Lennon last season.

eezyrider
04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Stubbs rules himself in.

Ye, Stubbs sounded like he'd love the job when chatting to Sportsound this evening.

EZ

eezyrider
04-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Moyes now bigging up Yogi.

Not for me though.

EZ

Lago
04-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Davie Moyes is a name you hear touted for the Hibs and the Hearts jobs.

Would you take him?

I'm not sure but I couldn't see us getting any worse under someone like Moyes or Strachan (but just not sure how far Moyes would improve us)?
No

heretoday
04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Davie Moyes is not interested in managing Hibs or Hearts. He still wants a Prem job in England.

With his recent record I'd say he's more chance of a championship position.

HoboHarry
04-11-2019, 06:41 PM
What about David Notes?

Have we written him off?
That was a bit off key......

HibbyAndy
04-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Stubbs rules himself in.

Good

G B Young
04-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Stubbs rules himself in.

If Leeann still carries clout (ie assuming Ron sees her staying long term) I wonder if she might be tempted to offer Stubbs the job until the end of the season to give herself some breathing space rather than rush into appointing someone on another long-term deal. Hecky's pay-off is going to cost us a fair whack.

wookie70
04-11-2019, 06:54 PM
If Leeann still carries clout (ie assuming Ron sees her staying long term) I wonder if she might be tempted to offer Stubbs the job until the end of the season to give herself some breathing space rather than rush into appointing someone on another long-term deal. Hecky's pay-off is going to cost us a fair whack.

That would make sense to me. He can be trusted with recruitment and had a way of making players play with some confidence. Whoever it is we need to give them support.

sleeping giant
04-11-2019, 07:00 PM

The pay off for Hecky will be 3 months I think.
This was the package that seemingly soured the Appleton deal.
Reported on here and in the papers at the time.

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2019, 07:14 PM
The pay off for Hecky will be 3 months I think.
This was the package that seemingly soured the Appleton deal.
Reported on here and in the papers at the time.

Yes it’s three months.