PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom SACKED (Scottish Sun)

Hibs90
04-11-2019, 02:27 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4750736/paul-heckingbottom-sacked-hibs/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1572881172

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-sack-paul-heckingbottom-after-disastrous-start-to-the-season-1-5039235

Journo's tweets;

https://twitter.com/atkotweets/status/1191376135470419969?s=20

https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1191376216399450112?s=20

HibbyAndy
04-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Thank **** !!!!!

Gerard
04-11-2019, 02:29 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4750736/paul-heckingbottom-sacked-hibs/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1572881172
Not a surprise. I hope PH has good luck for the future.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-sack-paul-heckingbottom-after-disastrous-start-to-the-season-1-5039235

jonty
Scott McDermott (Sunday Mail chief football writer) tweeted it at 15:16 but twitter has been relatively quiet.
No reason to doubt it though.

J-C
Nothing personal against the man but was clearly out his depth, onwards and upwards.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Nothing personal against the man but was clearly out his depth, onwards and upwards.

Me neither. He will do well again down south at Carlisle or the likes. He did without a doubt work hard to make it happen but he underestimated us big time.

Fife-Hibee
Yep - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-sack-paul-heckingbottom-after-disastrous-start-to-the-season-1-5039235

It had to happen. His position was completely untenable.

Green&White
Evening news reporting it now ... Liked Hecky as seemed a decent guy but 110% the correct decision. all the best to him in the future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
04-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Seemed a decent enough guy. Started well. Awful this season. Correct decision.

Think that sums it up really.

J-C
04-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Me neither. He will do well again down south at Carlisle or the likes. He did without a doubt work hard to make it happen but he underestimated us big time.

I think he'll be a good no.2 bit not a head coach, he was the Barnsley U18 coach before he got that gig.

LancashireHibby
04-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Not doubting the accuracy of the reports, but it does strike me as a little odd that there is such a big gap between the initial reporting and a club statement being released.

Hibs90
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-sack-paul-heckingbottom-after-disastrous-start-season-826506

GreenCastle
Thanks for getting us into the Top 6 and that Horgan Derby win but apart from that...good luck wherever you go next.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 02:39 PM
I think he'll be a good no.2 bit not a head coach, he was the Barnsley U18 coach before he got that gig.

Yeah. Good shout, I hope he stays in football regardless.

Col L
04-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Thank God for that. Glad we have finally taken some action. Let's hope they get someone in who 'gets Hibs' next time and is willing to reintroduce some flair and passion. Hecky was a huge mistake and the squad now needs an overhaul, but hopefully we can all look forward to some positivity again. GGTTH

BobMilne
04-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Thank ****! Now how do we get rid of the dross he signed

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Not a surprise. I hope PH has good luck for the future.

this :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2019, 02:49 PM

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Is it confirmed?

Sir David Gray
04-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Is it confirmed?

Nothing from Hibs yet that I can see.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2019, 02:53 PM
It was inevitable, few managers survive a start like he has had at a club where ambitions are and have to be far higher than one win in 11 and an utter capitulation in a big game like Saturday's.

He seemed to think that average lower league EFL players would make above average SPL players ... When we signed all these guys my hope was that two of them would be standouts, as it turns out none of them appear to be any better than we could have got from Ross County or St Mirren.

Whatever the case he's gone and what now faces LD and the board in general is probably the biggest decision they have had to make since the start of their tenure at ER .... they simply have to get it right.

Good luck Hecky.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Nothing on Sky News

Speedway
04-11-2019, 02:55 PM

We stick it on the bench until we can flog it.

fiolex1
04-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Really disappointed it didn’t work out. His recruitment and tactics weren’t up to scratch. Unfortunately will mean a few players moving on in Jan but will be for the greater good

BroxburnHibee
04-11-2019, 02:58 PM
All the main news channels reporting it yet Hibs yet again taking forever to confirm it.

Hibs1969
04-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Hard to disagree with any of that. After the bounce we got when he first came in and stabilised us and got us into the top 6, it fell apart for him. The post split games last season were dreadful, the pre-season friendlies and League cup group games not much better.

His signings for the most part have been honking and have cost us dearly. I wish him
well but am glad to see the back of him before things get even worse.

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Underestimated our League

Underestimated the expectations of our fans

Did not do his homework on our great once proud club

Did not recruit enough quality to compete with Celtic The Rangers Hearts and Aberdeen

He did not appreciate that Hibernian Football Club always expect to beat the above clubs home or away

Did not engage with the fans

There was always only going to be one outcome

GGTTH

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 03:12 PM
The club were quite right to give him a free hit at the semi and have done the right thing now.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 03:13 PM
All the main news channels reporting it yet Hibs yet again taking forever to confirm it.

Very unsurprising and uninspiring.

PeeJay
04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
He had to go, but our problems are far from over - irrespective of who now comes in ...

HibbySpurs
04-11-2019, 03:14 PM

Yes, think the statement will be issued soon as the major outlets are now saying he’s gone like the BBC etc.

Still nowt on Sky Sports though which seems a bit odd.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Good news at last.

hibbie02
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Thank F*** for that! Unfortunately about a month too late. I have nothing against the guy personally but he is not a Football Manager and he had no understanding of football in Scotland. Frittered away a good budget on utter dross. Unfortunately he has saddled us with them for the next two years unless there is a massive investment into the playing side of the Club

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:19 PM
He had to go, but our problems are far from over - irrespective of who now comes in ...

Yes, we still have his signings here. Whether any of them are capable of improvement with a new manager remains to be seen.

calumhibee1
04-11-2019, 03:19 PM
How on earth can everyone be reporting it other than Hibs? Surely we should be the first to report it by releasing a statement?

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Underestimated our League

Underestimated the expectations of our fans

Did not do his homework on our great once proud club

Did not recruit enough quality to compete with Celtic The Rangers Hearts and Aberdeen

He did not appreciate that Hibernian Football Club always expect to beat the above clubs home or away

Did not engage with the fans

There was always only going to be one outcome

GGTTH
We expect to beat Celtic and Rangers away? I'd take a draw every time until I die away there. Definitely don't expect us to win those.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:21 PM
How on earth can everyone be reporting it other than Hibs? Surely we should be the first to report it by releasing a statement?

Have they hidden it under the vacancies section on the homepage? :greengrin

Peevemor
04-11-2019, 03:22 PM

The reports are saying that Hecky's been sacked and nothing more. Maybe we're still in talks with Stockdale. Maybe there's stuff to be sorted out before Hibs make an official announcement.

Calm down and stop moaning.

JKeatings
04-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Lost this support the day he criticised us for booing the decision to take Scott Allan of.

GonzoReturns
04-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Yes, think the statement will be issued soon as the major outlets are now saying he’s gone like the BBC etc.

Still nowt on Sky Sports though which seems a bit odd.

Strange no official statement. Could be other things happening at the same time!!

Since452
04-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Happy to admit i was wrong. Stuck by him, probably wanted him to succeed too much. Onwards and upwards hopefully

calumhibee1
04-11-2019, 03:30 PM
The reports are saying that Hecky's been sacked and nothing more. Maybe we're still in talks with Stockdale. Maybe there's stuff to be sorted out before Hibs make an official announcement.

Calm down and stop moaning.

I’m perfectly calm :greengrin.

Just always think Hibs should be the ones to announce these things first.

Steve Austin
04-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Don't like anyone lose their job,but results and style of play,recruitment and disconnect with fans mean it was only a matter of Time!!.
This time hibs get someone of stature and plays fitba and not feared of old firm!!.

scooby
04-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Long overdue, correct decision eventually reached.
Now make the right appointment Hibs.

LancashireHibby
04-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Still no official announcement. Makes you wonder how the news got out if there are still things to be sorted.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Sky sports have it on the breaking news bad thing.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Still no official announcement. Makes you wonder how the news got out if there are still things to be sorted.

Somebody on the inside must have leaked the news to someone. The media didn't all guess the news simultaneously.

StevieC
Does this now mean we are in a play-off with the Jambos for our next manager?

The next few weeks are going to be interesting, as manager names are volleyed back and forth between here and Tynecastle. :hmmm:

BILLYHIBS
We expect to beat Celtic and Rangers away? I'd take a draw every time until I die away there. Definitely don't expect us to win those.

Thats the difference MWH

I always expect HIBS to win home or away

Hecky just shat it with his boring cautious safety first football

Onwards and upwards

LancashireHibby
04-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Somebody on the inside must have leaked the news to someone. The media didn't all guess the news simultaneously.
Indeed. Which really should be a cause of concern for Hibs for all manner of reasons, but more specifically when it comes to speaking to a potential new manager and/or new players.

basehibby
04-11-2019, 03:54 PM

I reckon some of them might turn out not too bad without being worldbeaters. In the immediate term the new gaffer's first task will be casting an eye over them and making his own mind up.

Pilrig_Sauzee
04-11-2019, 03:56 PM
I reacted to his appointment with some positivity and really though he would work out, despite the tepid end to the season. Felt equally positive over the Summer until the Cup games started and was beginning to worry, but beleive we dis the right thing in giving him and the signings more time. Ultimately he didn’t show enough tactical ability, and struggled to out out a team that would rather die than come off the park with anything less than a win. He had to go. There’s theory and reality, and if you can’t find a way to get Scott Allan passing it to Kamberi’s feet, and a defence that’s not left exposed, you won’t last. Those two things were in his gift, even with a bottom 6 squad.

My view is that a little like some down South used to find Andy Murray arrogant and rude, the Yorkshire manner was seen in the same light. I think he was a well-intentioned, decent, hard-working guy who fell far short of what we needed. Wish him well and a quick rehabilitation to the game.

Argylehibby
04-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Strange no official statement. Could be other things happening at the same time!!

Getting ready to announce the AGM :devil:

Gerard
04-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Getting ready to announce the AGM :devil:

The lack of information in recent times from ER suggests that many things are brewing,hopefully that will be the date of the AGM and appointment of the HC and assistant.In addition perhaps all the various ideas that are being considered by the Hibs BODs.

Lago
04-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Can't wait for all the moans & groans when the new man is appointed:wink:

Onion
04-11-2019, 04:10 PM
At long last, thank goodness for that. Hibs Board and owner eventually see what most of us saw weeks ago.

Now lets see how ambitious this new owner really is.

Golden Bear
04-11-2019, 04:12 PM
32 games in charge. Won 12, drew 11 and lost 9 .

Some would see that record as "reasonable" but every picture doesn't tell a story. The style of play left a lot to be desired and that's what we'll remember him for.

number9dream
04-11-2019, 04:13 PM

One leak is all it takes, then all the others chase it up or just take a flyer. We seem to have a near endless list of coaches and other assorted staff, just needs a text and it’s out there.
Hibs are either tying up a few loose legal ends or hoping to get a deal for his successor over the line.
The Lennon departure announcement was a shambles but those were unusual circumstances.

Hibee Mac
04-11-2019, 04:22 PM
One of the worst Hibs managers in living memory (for me anyway).

Not too often that a manager is sacked and 99.9% of the support are almost celebrating. Lost the support big time and never showed any evidence of really getting the club or where we should be/how we want to play.

eastmainsmsh
04-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Heck did well last season but ripped up heart of team with bartley and Milligan going who have been missed big time as results and performances have shown not worked out this season but good luck Heck in future

brog
04-11-2019, 05:07 PM

I think he underestimated Scottish football in general, along with most people in England!

brog
04-11-2019, 05:08 PM
The best news is we can shut down about 20 threads! 😊

basehibby
05-11-2019, 08:27 AM
32 games in charge. Won 12, drew 11 and lost 9 .

Some would see that record as "reasonable" but every picture doesn't tell a story. The style of play left a lot to be desired and that's what we'll remember him for.

For sure - on the face of it that's nowhere near a sackable record.

Looking at this season only though it starts to look a lot less impressive - and take out the League Cup and it's garbage! That's why he's gone and he won't be missed.