PDA

View Full Version : Bayern

greenpaper55
04-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Bayern part company with their coach after a 5-1 defeat, they were fourth in the league only four points behind the leader ! The manager did the cup and league double in 2018 but even this wasn't good enough to save him, now that's what you call decisive action .

Speedway
04-11-2019, 08:59 AM
They also have the money to do it.

Humo
04-11-2019, 09:04 AM
We should see if Bayern would swap him for Hecky

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

IngolstadtHarry
04-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Bayern, like most German clubs, is owned by its fans - club members who elect the president of the club. Billionaires can't buy a club in the German league.
That's one reason why fans in Germany pay very low ticket prices, demand good football as a priority, and won't put up with any cr*p.

Keith_M
04-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Bayern, like most German clubs, is owned by its fans - club members who elect the president of the club. Billionaires can't buy a club in the German league.
That's one reason why fans in Germany pay very low ticket prices, demand good football as a priority, and won't put up with any cr*p.

Bayern fans have no shame. They celebrated the return of a convicted criminal to their club.

The whole club has an incredible sense of entitlement and is followed by a bunch of glory hunters that would dissapear if they ever hit a bad patch.

They are Rangers and Celtic wrapped into one.

Them losing 5-1 cheered me up no end.

green&left
04-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Bayern fans have no shame. They celebrated the return of a convicted criminal to their club.

The whole club has an incredible sense of entitlement and is followed by a bunch of glory hunters that would dissapear if they ever hit a bad patch.

Quite funny aswell it was Eintracht Kovac left to take the Bayern role and it was them who put 5 passed Bayern on Saturday :greengrin:cool2:

Are Bayern like Man U, Old Firm, Juve etc i take it with fans and supporters clubs all over the country?

Wonder if Kovac could end up at Man Utd?

IngolstadtHarry
04-11-2019, 10:54 AM

There are a number of top clubs in the UK owned by criminals who are walking around free, simply due to the influence their ill-gotten billions can buy and the complicity of the UK government.
I'm not a Bayern fan but their success seems to stick in your craw.

PeeJay
04-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Quite funny aswell it was Eintracht Kovac left to take the Bayern role and it was them who put 5 passed Bayern on Saturday :greengrin:cool2:

Are Bayern like Man U, Old Firm, Juve etc i take it with fans and supporters clubs all over the country?

Wonder if Kovac could end up at Man Utd?

Yeah - the autobahns leading out of Munich after a game are full of Bayern "glory-hunting fans" returning to their distant homes far from Munich

Baader
04-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Bayern have almost 300,000 'members' way more than any other club in Europe so glory hunters all over Germany and beyond. Personally I can't stand that club. Can't argue the success but 'FC Hollywood'? Get a grip.

overdrive
04-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Bayern have almost 300,000 'members' way more than any other club in Europe so glory hunters all over Germany and beyond. Personally I can't stand that club. Can't argue the success but 'FC Hollywood'? Get a grip.

There’s one in Gorgie with 400,000 though :wink:

Baader
04-11-2019, 12:23 PM
There’s one in Gorgie with 400,000 though :wink:

Forgot about them! Bayern second highest in Europe, sorry.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Yeah - the autobahns leading out of Munich after a game are full of Bayern "glory-hunting fans" returning to their distant homes far from Munich

Can't accuse Man United fans of being glory hunters now, sadly; but they still get 75,000 crowds.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-11-2019, 01:10 PM

And the television revenues play a minor part ;)

Keith_M
04-11-2019, 01:18 PM
There are a number of top clubs in the UK owned by criminals who are walking around free, simply due to the influence their ill-gotten billions can buy and the complicity of the UK government.
I'm not a Bayern fan but their success seems to stick in your craw.

I said nothing about their success. Here's the list of things I actually did mention in my post.

Arrogant, overly entitled fans.
A convicted crook as president of the club that was welcomed back as some sort of hero (other people being crooks does not negate that).

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Me too. Caught the goals in Droothies when we got back from Central and it brightened my mood a wee bit.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Can't accuse Man United fans of being glory hunters now, sadly; but they still get 75,000 crowds.

Half of them tourists!

IngolstadtHarry
04-11-2019, 04:40 PM
And the television revenues play a minor part ;)

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. Do you look on it as being something negative that German clubs make the sponsors and TV companies pay more in order to keep down ticket prices for fans?