PDA

View Full Version : Eion Doyle

vuefrom1875
03-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Top scorer in England..... all divisions..

Andy74
03-11-2019, 10:51 PM
There’s a few from that period doing alright.

Doyle, Doherty, Collins, Zoubir.

basehibby
03-11-2019, 10:59 PM

Doyle, Doherty, Collins, Zoubir.

Was always a fan of Doyle - not so much the others although I can barely remember Zoubir - I'm unsurprised that he's doing well but pleased for him all the same :thumbsup:

wookie70
03-11-2019, 11:13 PM

Doyle, Doherty, Collins, Zoubir. All written off by many on here and I'll include myself in that. Players rely heavily on the structure they are played in and the players around them but even more on confidence. It doesn't take much to go on a run and we need that spark. It is a pity that we had the cup game on Saturday as the Livi game could have acted like a springboard.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Really liked Doyle. Always played with a smile on his face and never grumbled.

wookie70
03-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Really liked Doyle. Always played with a smile on his face and never grumbled. I rated him highly. Scored, assisted and often played out of position wide. Just got on with it and had a massive part to play in the Falkirk semi win. No surprise he is doing well. Collins was a mystery as he looked terrified to be in the box at Hibs.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:39 PM
Not surprised Doyle is doing so well at all. A highly intelligent player who was simply over shadowed by the natural talents of Griffiths. I always felt we let him go far too early.

He also worked his erse off in every game and would run circles around the current crop without breaking a sweat.

Andy74
03-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Was always a fan of Doyle - not so much the others although I can barely remember Zoubir - I'm unsurprised that he's doing well but pleased for him all the same :thumbsup:

Zoubir had an incredible cameo debut at McDiarmid Park. He was ridiculously talented with the ball but had little awareness of what to do with it.

He’s done well for himself since though.

monktonharp
03-11-2019, 11:55 PM
Not surprised Doyle is doing so well at all. A highly intelligent player who was simply over shadowed by the natural talents of Griffiths. I always felt we let him go far too early.

He also worked his erse off in every game and would run circles around the current crop without breaking a sweat.:agree:

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 12:01 AM
I rated him highly. Scored, assisted and often played out of position wide. Just got on with it and had a massive part to play in the Falkirk semi win. No surprise he is doing well. Collins was a mystery as he looked terrified to be in the box at Hibs.

Definitely! That semi final he had already agreed to go to Chesterfield before it too.

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2019, 03:48 AM
Definitely! That semi final he had already agreed to go to Chesterfield before it too.

Met outside a Tesco ATM on the Sunday after the 3-0 cup final and said hard luck you worked hard. He thanked me but was in a hurry as other players waiting the taxi. Looked like a 24 hour at least puishup. Nice lad.

Forza Fred
04-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Met outside a Tesco ATM on the Sunday after the 3-0 cup final and said hard luck you worked hard. He thanked me but was in a hurry as other players waiting the taxi. Looked like a 24 hour at least puishup. Nice lad.

He had an early chance in that game with a header he should have scored with but didn’t.

He always seemed to try very hard, but to me just lacked the quality of finish required.

Mind you, and before anyone says it....times change!

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 05:49 AM
Really silly we let him go for free. Should've renewed his deal after his good start to that season.

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2019, 06:02 AM
He had an early chance in that game with a header he should have scored with but didn’t.

He always seemed to try very hard, but to me just lacked the quality of finish required.

Mind you, and before anyone says it....times change!

Yes remember that header 😳

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Always liked him

Very good player

Big90inOz
04-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Intelligent player who made great runs, unfortunately our midfield were not on the same page

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Doyle was a good player.Suffered as Griffiths was going through a hit everything at goal phase and hardly ever passed to him.

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2019, 11:43 AM
He is playing in the 4th tier of English football.

easty
04-11-2019, 11:55 AM
He is playing in the 4th tier of English football.

:agree: he's only 31, so not exactly right at the end of his career. Wasn't wanted in a horse **** Bradford team, loaned out to Swindon where he's doing well. At that level though. The same level Doidge was banging them in at. Look how he's doing here...

Also, while he was far from the worst player we've had, we let him go for a reason. I don't remember too many folk being bothered when he left.

jacomo
04-11-2019, 01:03 PM
:agree: he's only 31, so not exactly right at the end of his career. Wasn't wanted in a horse **** Bradford team, loaned out to Swindon where he's doing well. At that level though. The same level Doidge was banging them in at. Look how he's doing here...

Also, while he was far from the worst player we've had, we let him go for a reason. I don't remember too many folk being bothered when he left.

Not true. His name pops up regularly enough on here and he is always remembered fondly. It’s hardly news that some fans don’t recognise a player when they see one.

However, Matt Doherty and James Collins are proper enigmas for me. Wasn’t fussed by either at Hibs, but the former in particular has gone on to have a stellar career.

They say that the best players are stand outs at any age but that’s not always true.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Not true. His name pops up regularly enough on here and he is always remembered fondly. It’s hardly news that some fans don’t recognise a player when they see one.

However, Matt Doherty and James Collins are proper enigmas for me. Wasn’t fussed by either at Hibs, but the former in particular has gone on to have a stellar career.

They say that the best players are stand outs at any age but that’s not always true.

Matt Doherty didn’t do much wrong on the field and was never our decision to make in terms of keeping such a young talent.. He’s been at Wolves throughout and has worked hard to get where he is. A season at Hibs probably worked for him.