PDA

View Full Version : Trouble outside Hampden

One Day
03-11-2019, 05:58 PM
I've been hearing that there was some trouble outside after the game between Hibs and Celtic fans. I wasn't aware of anything and I left at the final whistle. Any one else see / hear anything

Heisenberg
03-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Celtc fan or two got out of one of their supporters buses and thought it’d be a good idea to start running through the hibs fans with a flag. All kicked off from there.

Carheenlea
03-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Saw nothing on the walk back up towards Kings Park with no segregation in place outside stadium

Itsnoteasy
03-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Polis were on it immediately.

Someone got bluttered wi the pepper spray. Greetin like a bairn.

Skol
03-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Any idea what happened before the game. There was a guy lying in the middle of the road. Wasnt clear if he had fallen or been hit by a car. People were in attendance already.

Jumbo
03-11-2019, 06:15 PM
There were a few cases of handbags towards Mount Florida , that I seen, but nothing major

TheMentalHibees
03-11-2019, 06:17 PM
There was some handbags outside the stadium after the game. One punch thrown and a lot of river dancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Rude
03-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Was getting a bit heated on the train from central before the game. Wonder if we would have been expected to share a train had it been the Huns we were playing. Guess it's fine though cause us and celtc are all good pals 😒

wookie70
03-11-2019, 06:31 PM
A few Celtc fans took a few punches from a group of young Hibs fans just after the game. Polis nowhere to be seen and a couple of stewards watching without doing anything. Two minutes later two portly polis ran after a young guy right up the middle of the street. Despite them being cheered, obviously without a hint of sarcasm, the young chap easily outran portly plod. Doubt they would have been able to alert colleagues on their radios given how out of breath they were.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Unsegregated and absolutely no problems that I saw, either in the streets, or on the trains which were completely mixed.

CMurdoch
03-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Idiots get upset at other idiots disrespectin' them and soon pavement dancing begins.
Normal folk look on bemused at this age old ceremony of the dafty's.

Superfurry72
03-11-2019, 06:58 PM
I live just outside the ground, and on the way along Battlefield Road I saw some of the young team acting like dicks, singing the Mercer song etc, and one of them got collared for slapping a police horse. It all felt a bit pissed up and nasty but I suppose its inevitable with a 5.30 Saturday kick off. Also, it was my daughter’s third birthday party earlier that day and somebody nicked the balloons and streamers off our front door!

One Day
03-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Idiots get upset at other idiots disrespectin' them and soon pavement dancing begins.
Normal folk look on bemused at this age old ceremony of the dafty's.

Very well and accurately put

Billy Whizz
03-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Unsegregated and absolutely no problems that I saw, either in the streets, or on the trains which were completely mixed.

Me too. Walked round the North Stand prematch, the young lads bought food and mingled with the Celtic fans
Post match, left the South and walked to the car, again nothing!

Should that not be the way it’s meant to be, anyway?

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 07:02 PM
There was probably more trouble inside the ground with our own fans fighting each other.

Iggy Pope
03-11-2019, 10:00 PM
There was probably more trouble inside the ground with our own fans fighting each other.

There probably wasn’t. Eek! Look! Greeks! Aw naw. Ma pants are full.

BegbieHSC
03-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Always morons kicking about.

There was some good natured hun bashing between the two sets of fans on my train into Mount Florida, which was a laugh.

I did see pavement dancing post match by the coaches though.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 10:30 PM
I live just outside the ground, and on the way along Battlefield Road I saw some of the young team acting like dicks, singing the Mercer song etc, and one of them got collared for slapping a police horse. It all felt a bit pissed up and nasty but I suppose its inevitable with a 5.30 Saturday kick off. Also, it was my daughter’s third birthday party earlier that day and somebody nicked the balloons and streamers off our front door!

Disgusting behaviour. I hope it didn’t spoil any of her party. What kind of clowns go into a garden and do that ****?

matty_f
03-11-2019, 10:34 PM

Two fights in the vicinity of where we were sitting, so maybe Hermit's not far wrong.

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Two fights in the vicinity of where we were sitting, so maybe Hermit's not far wrong.

I saw one square go amongst our fans, which was soon sorted by fans around them pulling them apart. Didn't see anything physical between rival fans.

monktonharp
03-11-2019, 11:08 PM
I was walking on my own, back to our bus when a Celtic fan shouted down to me from the walkway above the stairs. Aye, see you CSS boys, yer a bunch o' f****ies. I then replied saying, are you talking to me? twice yer age? come down here and I will introduce you to some of the CSS ya dick! he went the other way . couldnae resist it but he was the real f**ny

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2019, 11:56 PM

You really should t start swinging when someone’s in your seat Matty ;) you have a habit of sitting next to bams ;)

sadtom
04-11-2019, 01:12 AM
Saw a scrap about 10 seats to my left midway through 1st half. Started off as an arguement betwwen 2/3 guys. Looked like it had all calmed down then 1 guy who didnt seem to have been involved, sucker puched a guy, who then started hittting back, 2/3 others got involved but then it gradually stopped with a bit of verbals for afters.
Right outside the ground we were waiting on one of our group then I heard a smack or two turned round and there were a handful of guys swinging at each other.. two ended up pinned to the deck by the bizzies One was a hibby, dunno abut the other guy. 1 celtc fan with a bloody beak, and another lesser green getting shouted at by a cop. He had obviously complained about something cause the polis was shouting "and what do you want me to do about it?"
Zero segregation, could have been a lot worse. If it had been the sticky buns it would have been utter f***in' chaos.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 04:52 AM

Only trouble I seen was inside the ground.

Since90+2
04-11-2019, 05:25 AM
Saw a scrap about 10 seats to my left midway through 1st half. Started off as an arguement betwwen 2/3 guys. Looked like it had all calmed down then 1 guy who didnt seem to have been involved, sucker puched a guy, who then started hittting back, 2/3 others got involved but then it gradually stopped with a bit of verbals for afters.
Right outside the ground we were waiting on one of our group then I heard a smack or two turned round and there were a handful of guys swinging at each other.. two ended up pinned to the deck by the bizzies One was a hibby, dunno abut the other guy. 1 celtc fan with a bloody beak, and another lesser green getting shouted at by a cop. He had obviously complained about something cause the polis was shouting "and what do you want me to do about it?"
Zero segregation, could have been a lot worse. If it had been the sticky buns it would have been utter f***in' chaos.

It would have been segrogated if it was Sevco.

Bangkok Hibby
04-11-2019, 06:02 AM
I was walking on my own, back to our bus when a Celtic fan shouted down to me from the walkway above the stairs. Aye, see you CSS boys, yer a bunch o' f****ies. I then replied saying, are you talking to me? twice yer age? come down here and I will introduce you to some of the CSS ya dick! he went the other way . couldnae resist it but he was the real f**ny

CSS? Maybe you should have put him right.

danhibees1875
04-11-2019, 07:57 AM
There were 2 young guys fighting just outside Hampden immediately after the match with 1 girl in-between them/pushing one of them. It kind of looked like it might have been between Hibs fans but I think the crowd had just about started to mix by that point so not sure.

Alfred E Newman
04-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Trouble?? 😂😂
It's just as well some of you snowflakes weren't, following Hibs in the 70s!

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 08:08 AM
CSS? Maybe you should have put him right.

I thought css was Celtic?

The Modfather
04-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Trouble?? 😂😂
It's just as well some of you snowflakes weren't, following Hibs in the 70s!

Thankfully time has moved on from the 70s.

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2019, 08:11 AM

Yes I much prefer today's pavement dancers. One puff to blow them over.

Bostonhibby
04-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Yes I much prefer today's pavement dancers. One puff to blow them over.[emoji16]

Contactless boxing is the future.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
04-11-2019, 08:15 AM
i thought css was celtic?

csc

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2019, 08:23 AM
[emoji16]

Contactless boxing is the future.

😄

Bangkok Hibby
04-11-2019, 08:27 AM

Certainly not Hibs

Rattler
04-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Polis were on it immediately.

Someone got bluttered wi the pepper spray. Greetin like a bairn.

There was a 15 year old boy on our bus who was saying he’d been sprayed by the Police after the game. No idea what the issue was for it to happen, but was rubbing his eyes and had sore throat all the way back home.

Gloucester Hibs
04-11-2019, 09:41 AM
A few Celtc fans took a few punches from a group of young Hibs fans just after the game. Polis nowhere to be seen and a couple of stewards watching without doing anything. Two minutes later two portly polis ran after a young guy right up the middle of the street. Despite them being cheered, obviously without a hint of sarcasm, the young chap easily outran portly plod. Doubt they would have been able to alert colleagues on their radios given how out of breath they were.

Seen this! Portly is an apt description, they looked looked absolutely puggled!

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2019, 09:46 AM

Naw that was CS gas

Hibby70
04-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Better with SCS.

Franck Stanton
04-11-2019, 10:40 AM

As far as the dafties fighting it's a good thing.as for the team? Not so good, can we go back to the early 70's team please.

The Modfather
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
As far as the dafties fighting it's a good thing.as for the team? Not so good, can we go back to the early 70's team please.

You don’t think Heckingbottom’s Hurricanes will be remembered in the same vein then in years to come? :duck:

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 01:41 PM

Speak for yourself. I still miss Morecambe and Wise.

Bostonhibby
04-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Speak for yourself. I still miss Morecambe and Wise.Some combination I agree , we'll never go two up top under this manager.

Morecambe in the Doidge role maybe, with Wise standing about deeper in the Vela one, whatever that is?

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Music was much better though I’m sure you’ll agree.

EI255
04-11-2019, 03:06 PM
CSS? Maybe you should have put him right.Maybe getting confused with his own CSC and CSS and CCS..... What about the SCC and CCC or what about the SCS (good sofas)?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
04-11-2019, 03:13 PM
CSC is/was the Carnegie soccer casuals from Dunfermline:thumbsup::thumbsup:

EI255
04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
CSC is/was the Carnegie soccer casuals from Dunfermline[emoji106][emoji106]Probably slighted bigger and better heard of, but CSC is actually also the Celtic Supporters Clubs.

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Some combination I agree , we'll never go two up top under this manager.

Morecambe in the Doidge role maybe, with Wise standing about deeper in the Vela one, whatever that is?

You should see the play what I wrote about it.

LancashireHibby
04-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Probably slighted bigger and better heard of, but CSC is actually also the Celtic Supporters Clubs.

Celtic Soccer Casuals, isn't it?

Foritza
04-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Myself and 3 other Hibs fans arrived and went into a bar before the game at the East side of the stadium.It was crowded wih Celtic fans and yes it might have been a bad move , but no way did I feel intimidated. They seemed to admire our courage to have a beer before the game and not be troubed by our presence. Yes it can be construed as contempt, or the Green thing non threatining But at least they as football fans gave us the opportunity to discuss football. For that I give them respect . Could I do that in Govan or Gorgie , probably not.

Johnny Clash
04-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Myself and 3 other Hibs fans arrived and went into a bar before the game at the East side of the stadium.It was crowded wih Celtic fans and yes it might have been a bad move , but no way did I feel intimidated. They seemed to admire our courage to have a beer before the game and not be troubed by our presence. Yes it can be construed as contempt, or the Green thing non threatining But at least they as football fans gave us the opportunity to discuss football. For that I give them respect . Could I do that in Govan or Gorgie , probably not.

Been in mixed pubs with them countless times and never seen any bother. Just wind ups and banter but nothing else although I’m sure there’s bammers on both sides who would kick off but I’ve not seen any bother. There’s no chance of that at all in sevco pubs. It’s just unthinkable!

Nakedmanoncrack
04-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Been in mixed pubs with them countless times and never seen any bother. Just wind ups and banter but nothing else although I’m sure there’s bammers on both sides who would kick off but I’ve not seen any bother. There’s no chance of that at all in sevco pubs. It’s just unthinkable!

:agree:

StevieC
04-11-2019, 09:59 PM
csc

They even stole the 3 initials of our casuals!!
Have they no shame?

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Celtic Soccer Casuals, isn't it?

C””” sucking ****s
(Edited that for you admins)

monktonharp
04-11-2019, 11:30 PM
couldnae gie a flyin' fiddler's ****** what he initialy said but he was referring to the Hibs casuals and calling to me, a 66yr auld Hibs fan and virtually challenging me to scrap. maybe a while ago something might have happened. ********g rodent he was.

Carheenlea
05-11-2019, 11:54 AM

We like to accuse the old firm of being two cheeks of the same backside, but the reality is very different. A lot of fans won’t like to hear it, but an away game to Celtic is one where no pub is out of bounds and you can mingle and enjoy a few beers without hiding your colours or feeling the need to lie low.
We always end up getting a blether with Celtic fans and most are just like us in enjoying a day out at the football and not interested in any aggressive posturing or trouble. Pretty much all Scottish fans are the same really with one exception.. I’ve got a couple of Rangers mates who go to games and the fact is there is not a hope of meeting up with them before a game at Ibrox or Easter Road.

Jamesie
05-11-2019, 12:41 PM
We like to accuse the old firm of being two cheeks of the same backside, but the reality is very different. A lot of fans won’t like to hear it, but an away game to Celtic is one where no pub is out of bounds and you can mingle and enjoy a few beers without hiding your colours or feeling the need to lie low.
We always end up getting a blether with Celtic fans and most are just like us in enjoying a day out at the football and not interested in any aggressive posturing or trouble. Pretty much all Scottish fans are the same really with one exception.. I’ve got a couple of Rangers mates who go to games and the fact is there is not a hope of meeting up with them before a game at Ibrox or Easter Road.

Difficult to disagree with this: had a piece of minor aggro from two bevvied Celtic fans before the 2001 Cup Final but that has been the exception to the rule over the years. We were speaking in similar terms last October when we were sitting having lunch in a cafe not far from Parkhead in our Hibs gear with Celtic fans all around us and no problems at all. Ibrox, on the other hand, has always felt like running the gauntlet.

Bristolhibby
05-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Better with SCS.

Is that not where you can buy a sofa?

J

Keith_M
05-11-2019, 01:08 PM

If you don't mind mingling with a bunch of idiots chanting "Ooh, Ah, up the Ra", then I suppose it's no problem.

I had an incredibly strong urge to whack some of them on the way to the game, which I'm a bit ashamed of, as it's ridiculous at my age. I make no bones about the fact that I can't stand these people and the bile they come out with, I just need to learn to keep it inside.

Hibby70
05-11-2019, 01:22 PM
Is that not where you can buy a sofa?

J

Aye, that was the joke (albeit not a great one)

Juice-Terry
05-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Can Hertz supporters mingle with Celtc supporters in the same way?

Bristolhibby
05-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Haha, while we are at it, DFS.

J

Kojock
05-11-2019, 01:46 PM

Nope they get the same treatment from Celtic fans as we get from Rangers fans. Wonder why that is lol

oldbutdim
05-11-2019, 01:46 PM

I thought it was couched in good humour.
Didn't take the thread off course either.
Sofa so good.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2019, 03:27 PM
I thought it was couched in good humour.
Didn't take the thread off course either.
Sofa so good.

He divanitely didn't mean it!

Antifa Hibs
05-11-2019, 03:39 PM
If you don't mind mingling with a bunch of idiots chanting "Ooh, Ah, up the Ra", then I suppose it's no problem.

I had an incredibly strong urge to whack some of them on the way to the game, which I'm a bit ashamed of, as it's ridiculous at my age. I make no bones about the fact that I can't stand these people and the bile they come out with, I just need to learn to keep it inside.

Yep as opposed to the Mercer song, Ann Budge is the next one to go and the paedo/BJK chants from our great friendly un-offensive fans :rolleyes:

Amazes me people get upset about what Rangers and Celtic sing but choose to ignore the fanny's within our own support.

Antifa Hibs
05-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Nope they get the same treatment from Celtic fans as we get from Rangers fans. Wonder why that is lol

Wouldn't think Celtic hate Hearts as much as the Huns hate us. Obviously they don't like each other but largely speaking Hertz will be irrelevant to Celtic. The huns on the other hand have a genuine hate for anything green, Irish, Scottish, catholic and generally anything not white British protestant tbf.

A semi against them would be fun and games though. Surely they'd have to run specials and couldn't have fans sharing trains!?

gorgie greens
05-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't think Celtic hate Hearts as much as the Huns hate us. Obviously they don't like each other but largely speaking Hertz will be irrelevant to Celtic. The huns on the other hand have a genuine hate for anything green, Irish, Scottish, catholic and generally anything not white British protestant tbf.

A semi against them would be fun and games though. Surely they'd have to run specials and couldn't have fans sharing trains!?

Irrelevant until they wave a red hand or a union flag in their face

Antifa Hibs
05-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Irrelevant until they wave a red hand or a union flag in their face

Yep then they'd be fair game. The huns wouldn't need a tri-colour or rebel song to already despise us.

gorgie greens
05-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Yep then they'd be fair game. The huns wouldn't need a tri-colour or rebel song to already despise us.

You are correct , I can remember getting grown men kicking and punching me when I was around 12/13 for the crime of wearing a Hibs scarf at Ibrox .

Since90+2
05-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Not too sure about that to be honest. Celtic fans hate Hearts, probably about the same as Sevco with us.

It's just the fact that Rangers fans are the most violent in the country in general.

Devonhibs
05-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Ibrox, early 80's, only ground or time in my whole life I have been spot on by 'adults' when I was 15/16. Horrid place and fans.

Keith_M
05-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Yep as opposed to the Mercer song, Ann Budge is the next one to go and the paedo/BJK chants from our great friendly un-offensive fans :rolleyes:

Amazes me people get upset about what Rangers and Celtic sing but choose to ignore the fanny's within our own support.

Who says I ignore that?

Johnny Clash
07-11-2019, 04:34 PM

Hearts fans can’t mingle with Sevco fans either. They get more bother from the Paris Buns nowadays than Celtc

Scouse Hibee
07-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Hertz fans don’t mingle, they intermingle.

Irish-Hibee
07-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Same. Makes you wonder. No segregation outside the ground and fans using the same trains yet the home fans at easter road and trapped in behind the barriers for 20 minutes after.

Irish-Hibee
07-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Was getting a bit heated on the train from central before the game. Wonder if we would have been expected to share a train had it been the Huns we were playing. Guess it's fine though cause us and celtc are all good pals 😒

Well the conspiracy theory going around beforehand was the SFA didn't want hibs in the final because of the logistic issues if they were playing the huns or their little brothers. Clearly it is just that, a conspiracy seeing as we've played rangers and hearts at Hampton in the past!