PDA

View Full Version : Hearts hamden

humptiedumptie
03-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Just watched Hampden Part TWO and the anti-football from Hearts, on tv of course and they make us look like the swashbuckling Hibs of old. Now the dust has settled and having just watched our highlights, there is some positive play to appreciate. Feel free to disagree!

Joe6-2
03-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Always good to be better than them, but...........

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Losing 5-2 or losing 3-0.

Hmmmmmm......

Jim44
03-11-2019, 05:41 PM

Hmmmmmm......

A 5-2 loss is better in my book than a 3-0 loss. Ok we lost five goals but that wasn’t the result of parking the bus. We tried to attack at times and we got a couple of goals and paid the price for leaving ourselves open at the back.The Jambos’ sole intent was to stop them scoring and they failed miserably.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 05:46 PM
The way I see it. Both Hibs and Hearts are both opposite extremes at the moment. Hearts sit in far too deep and can't break out. We on the other hand do get forward, but don't bother to track back.

Dare I say it, both teams could learn something from one another. :tin hat:

Since452
03-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Hmmmmmm......

Hearts got a bigger chasing today than we got yesterday. Could/Should have been double figures

Box 17
03-11-2019, 06:01 PM
What the semis have proved is that we are both far behind the Old Firm and the league positions don't lie.

Weegreenman
03-11-2019, 06:04 PM
If both teams don’t improve very soon, we’ll find ourselves in a real relegation dog fight. I hope and pray that doesn’t happen.

overdrive
03-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Both teams are god awful.

JKeatings
03-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Hearts got a bigger chasing today than we got yesterday. Could/Should have been double figures

We lost goals earlier on so had to chase the game much quicker than they did, they probably showed why you don’t sack a a manger 2 days before a semi final

lyonhibs
03-11-2019, 06:43 PM
2 very bald men fighting over a very crummy comb springs to mind here.

We're both utter pish.

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 06:44 PM

:agree:

Sammy7nil
03-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Just watched Hampden Part TWO and the anti-football from Hearts, on tv of course and they make us look like the swashbuckling Hibs of old. Now the dust has settled and having just watched our highlights, there is some positive play to appreciate. Feel free to disagree!

I disagree

hfc rd
03-11-2019, 09:40 PM

Agree. Both teams just as poor as each other.

Roxyhibee
03-11-2019, 09:55 PM

I think what you are saying is we had quite a few times in that second half that were quite entertaining for us as fans and they on the other hand today had absolutely nothing like that and were defending a 0-2 deficit for a long time.! I agree - we showed a bit balls yesterday in the second half and were in and around their box putting a bit pressure on.

But ultimately, as someone has pointed out already - Hibs and Hearts are as gash as each other in different ways.

basehibby
03-11-2019, 10:30 PM

Sure it was good to see us score a couple and Hibs are obviously a more entertaining watch to Hearts right now - but in the test that really mattered at ER in September it was the Yams who came out on top. That was absolutely the worst result of Heckingbottom's reign so far and should in my opinion have lead to his immediate dismissal - being as it was simply the latest in a succession of dismal results and performances. This was a Hearts team on a complete downer and Hecks let them away with the three points from Easter Road FFS! ****ing disgraceful and the fact that the board never sacked him for that still makes me wonder if they have any real pride in Hibernian FC at all.

delbert
04-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Hmmmmmm......

Have we honestly reached the stage where somehow we are trying to take some crumb of comfort out of getting horsed 5-2, is this truly where we are at as supporters of Hibernian FC? Christ almighty but we have fallen so far, it’s bloody unreal, it’s like arguing over whose dog does the smelliest ***** !!

Fife-Hibee
04-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Have we honestly reached the stage where somehow we are trying to take some crumb of comfort out of getting horsed 5-2, is this truly where we are at as supporters of Hibernian FC? Christ almighty but we have fallen so far, it’s bloody unreal, it’s like arguing over whose dog does the smelliest ***** !!

:agree:

It truly beggars belief. It was utterly embarrassing showings from both Edinburgh clubs.

Spike Mandela
04-11-2019, 02:23 PM
.....and we still contrived to lose to that lot.:rolleyes: They would be sitting rock bottom if we had been good enough to do our jobs at Easter Road.