PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone game

dastardly8
03-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Play like we did at Hampden next game and St Johnstone will score five goals , for me Marciano back in , Ollie Shaw and Kamberi up front , Boyle from the start , vela peeling the oranges , any right back we have apart from James , and a half fit McGregor, January needs to see a new manager , a new left and right back of quality , a snarling decent talking and tackling midfielder and 2 decent strikers who know that their job is to put the ball in the net , not going back until at least this happens

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-11-2019, 03:36 PM
A must win 100%, even in our poor form I still think SJ are rank.

Speedway
03-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Here's what should, but will never, happen.

Marciano

Whittaker
Porto
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Allan
Slivka
Middleton

Boyle
Kamberi

H18 SFR
03-11-2019, 03:58 PM
The thought of Middleton being asked to protect the left hand side fills me with fear. The thought of Naismith being asked to meaningfully produce something on the right makes it even more fearful.

Despite a hard season so far, St Johnstone's wide players have done well, Kennedy in particular, I think this formation would cause us bother.

hibee1875
03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Who plays RB for the u21s? Are they ready to step up?

Given how Heckingottom described his type of player at the start of the year I really thought James would be a tough tackling, flying down the wing RB - David Murphy like, but sadly he is not.

wookie70
03-11-2019, 05:30 PM
Play like we did at Hampden next game and St Johnstone will score five goals , for me Marciano back in , Ollie Shaw and Kamberi up front , Boyle from the start , vela peeling the oranges , any right back we have apart from James , and a half fit McGregor, January needs to see a new manager , a new left and right back of quality , a snarling decent talking and tackling midfielder and 2 decent strikers who know that their job is to put the ball in the net , not going back until at least this happens

Right enough St Johnstone are firing on all cylinders up the top of the league challenging Celtc so will score 5. This place is so full of hyperbole at the moment and you aren't even willing to cheer the team on to help make us better. Yes' we need to defend better and sort some of the failings but we also need to look at what went right. Celtc are averaging over 3 goals a game over their 30 run unbeaten in the cup and only conceded 11. I think we have scored at least 4 of those. Yesterday, was what it was. We were poor in the first half and much better in the second. If we show the spirit, endeavour and skill that we did in the last two games during the second halves that will be enough to tuck away most teams. Unfortunately that is still an if. If we win the next five will you make a return or will Heck or his successor have to meet every one of your demands.

Diclonius
03-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Marciano

Naismith Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker

Slivka Hallberg

Allan

Boyle Kamberi

If he plays ****ing one up ****ing front AGAIN, or starts Vela, we can all just go home.

basehibby
03-11-2019, 07:09 PM

Looks like you might not be back for a long time.

I agree that additions are desperately needed - particularly in the shape of a snarling decent talking and tackling midfielder. The thing is though that a couple of signings in the right positions who actually raise the bar can make all the difference. Too many of the players we have at the moment are mediocre at this level - add a couple that actually raise the bar and all of a sudden the mediocre ones look a lot better.

What I'm saying is that we don't have to replace the whole team to get a whole lot better.

NB - the suggestion that we should rush half fit players back to the starting line up is a poor one.

CloudSquall
03-11-2019, 07:27 PM
...........Marciano

..Whittaker Porteous Hanlon

......Hallberg...Slivka

..Boyle......Allan.....Middleton

........Kamberi...Shaw

If he goes 451 with Vela in at CM and Doidge as a lone striker I'm doing time.

BlackSheep
03-11-2019, 07:30 PM
...........Marciano

......Hallberg...Slivka

........Kamberi...Shaw

I’d like to see this, but I’d also swap Hanlon for Jackson... Hanlon needs to re-earn his place in my eyes.

I’m also up for Doidge in place of Shaw... either/either... just think they need to give 2 up top a good run to develop a partnership.

Daydreamer
03-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Time to go to a 3-5-2.

Marciano

Porteous
Whittaker (looked the part last time he played there)
Hanlon

Boyle
Slivka
Hallberg
Allan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw/Doidge

Its probably too late for him but he loses and he's at the job centre!

dastardly8
03-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Right enough St Johnstone are firing on all cylinders up the top of the league challenging Celtc so will score 5. This place is so full of hyperbole at the moment and you aren't even willing to cheer the team on to help make us better. Yes' we need to defend better and sort some of the failings but we also need to look at what went right. Celtc are averaging over 3 goals a game over their 30 run unbeaten in the cup and only conceded 11. I think we have scored at least 4 of those. Yesterday, was what it was. We were poor in the first half and much better in the second. If we show the spirit, endeavour and skill that we did in the last two games during the second halves that will be enough to tuck away most teams. Unfortunately that is still an if. If we win the next five will you make a return or will Heck or his successor have to meet every one of your demands.

It’s not my demands that matter , what matters is we must be the softest team in the league , what I’m saying is STJ could score 5 against us if we defend like we are currently and to add to it we are hardly scaring defenders with our stellar strike force , from winning the Scottish cup to challenging for a euro spot , to being a match for Celtic , Rangers , hearts etc to what’s on show now ?? , I bet there are plenty who would agree not good enough and needs changed now , not after the next drubbing now before the January transfer window opens , as I fear the manager will add more dross

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2019, 08:16 PM
1. st.johnstone will NOT score 5 goals against us no matter the performance we put in
2. i think we will beat them, law of averages and all that...we HAVE to win sometime :greengrin

some teams gonnae get it

#2 Double Tap
03-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Here's what should, but will never, happen.

Marciano

Whittaker
Porto
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Allan
Slivka
Middleton

Boyle
Kamberi

I am so glad you are not the manager, hahaha

wookie70
03-11-2019, 08:45 PM
It’s not my demands that matter , what matters is we must be the softest team in the league , what I’m saying is STJ could score 5 against us if we defend like we are currently and to add to it we are hardly scaring defenders with our stellar strike force , from winning the Scottish cup to challenging for a euro spot , to being a match for Celtic , Rangers , hearts etc to what’s on show now ?? , I bet there are plenty who would agree not good enough and needs changed now , not after the next drubbing now before the January transfer window opens , as I fear the manager will add more dross

Just going by your post. I reread it and it was "at least" those demands so maybe you will need more to return.

If Heck turns it round and we somehow get up the league and manage to be challenging for Europe with the same squad would you still need you demands to be at least met. Your demands don't make a difference to the team but they do to your attendance and you seem to be forgetting the long period before Heck took over when we were a complete shambles. I agree that Heck hasn't done well enough but it won't stop me going and more importantly supporting.

What were your demands when we had taken 15 points from 51 and were scoring under a goal a game during the period before Heck took charge.

Heck is not doing what we need but supporters need to stick with the team and try to get them through this.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Whats with Rocky getting a start? What has Maxwell done wrong other than one mistake last night?

thegaffer12
03-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Marciano/Maxwell

Naismith Porteous/Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Hallberg Allan Slivka
Doidge Kamberi

hibee1875
03-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Marciano/Maxwell

Naismith Porteous/Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Hallberg Allan Slivka
Doidge Kamberi

Slivka is a waste of a jersey when he’s playing out wide.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Slivka is a waste of a jersey when he’s playing out wide.

Play him behind Allan and Halberg

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Marciano

Whittaker Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Hallberg
Horgan Mallan
Allan

Boyle Kamberi

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 10:03 PM
He shouldn't be anywhere near this match.

stuart-farquhar
03-11-2019, 10:08 PM
I'm going to each game till we win.

Then I will bugger off on a jolly holiday.

Nothing booked yet!

SteveHFC
03-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Would like to see Boyle and Kamberi upfront together.

CMurdoch
03-11-2019, 11:53 PM
................Maxwell................

....Jackson Porteous Hanlon

James.......Hallberg......Newell

......Slivka ..Allan..Kamberi.....

................Doidge ................

Boyle/Horgan/Shaw/Mallan on the bench to come on during the 2nd half depending on what's required

**** it let's go for it!

ivan03
04-11-2019, 02:20 AM
Maxwell
Naismith Porto Hanlon Lewis
Whittaker
Slivka Hallberg
Allan
Flo Boyle

snedzuk
04-11-2019, 04:45 AM
If fit:-

Rocky

McGregor - Porteous - Hanlon

Gray Stevenson

Boyle S.Allan Hallberg

Kamberi Shaw

Bench - Horgan / Maxwell / Mallan / F.Murray / Whittaker / Naismith / Slivka

Middleton - end loan at first opportunity
Recall Gullan and Mackie at first opportunity
Tell the above 11 (preferably told this by Stubbs / Gordon Strachan / Pat Stanton - anyone with some Hibs gravitas but not necessarily the next manager)

you are the preferred eleven until the January window if not the season
we are in the fight of our lives here and the responsibility is now on you lot
get that 'where is the player' banner and hang it up at East Mains
Boyle and Hallberg - use your game intelligence to swap position when you agree to give the opposition something to think about - if we dont like it well tell you
Kamberi and Shaw - same
Kamberi and Scott Allan - you two need to have a golf day or something to clear the air and sit down and talk through what each of you want from a game / where youre likely to do your running etc - get to know each other better and play as if you do
Scott Allan - this team is going to be rebuilt around you and possibly Melker Hallberg
Oli Shaw - forget any loan chat - you need to step up
All 11 - settled team / no chopping and changing week in week so you eventually look like a team as opposed to a bunch of strangers
Any injuries - direct replacements from the bench or development squad
James / Newell / Doidge / Jackson / Vela - sorry boys but this isnt working. Tell your agents you can find something else but until then, train over there or preferably in a public park somewhere like Standrigg.
The board - come out and recognise the situation and tell the supporters what the plan is and that we are in this together - build / repair some bridges, keep communications flowing, fix some 'property company' basics (like the gates)
Fix the ****ing tannoy
HSL - some leaflets / reps in the concourse at games
Do something - anything - to bring back some sort of feel good factor to the club side (if not the team)
Out injured??? - go and meet some supporters / sign kids strips / pose for selfies / be in club shop etc etc

Meantime, make inquiries (or more inquires) about Mulumbu / Ambrose / Omeonga and McNulty and be prepared to sell Mallan / Horgan / Slivka / Rocky and possibly Flo

Also on our radar - I would have liked Craig Halkett but that ship has sailed - Matthew Kennedy - struggling to think of others for this particular fight - but thats later - salvage this NOW.

Edinburgh Green
04-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Whats with Rocky getting a start? What has Maxwell done wrong other than one mistake last night?

Maxwell doesn't save any shots. I like my keepers to save shots towards goal.

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2019, 10:41 AM
We won't get three points against St Johnstone with Heck in charge.

Springbank
04-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Maxwell seems like a really decent lad but he is, without knowing it, and without it being his fault, a good example of Heckingbottom's arrogant experiment in miniature.

Who on earth thinks that a keeper from Fleetwood Town FC is going to be better than an international goalie with a good track record in Scotland?

Marciano is simply a class above.
Like Porteous is a class above Jackson.
Stevenson a better full back than James.
McGeough (who was apparently considered but not signed) is twelve classes above Vela
Boyle is a few streets above Newell out wide
And Kamberi has so much more to his game than Doidge.

It's not just Heckingbottom's signings
It's the disharmony his team selections cause on a week by week basis
Each week that passes just shows how he has underestimated the league

GreenCastle
04-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Rocky

Gray Stevenson

Boyle S.Allan Hallberg

Kamberi Shaw

Tell the above 11 (preferably told this by Stubbs / Gordon Strachan / Pat Stanton - anyone with some Hibs gravitas but not necessarily the next manager)

Boyle and Hallberg - use your game intelligence to swap position when you agree to give the opposition something to think about - if we dont like it well tell you
Kamberi and Shaw - same
Kamberi and Scott Allan - you two need to have a golf day or something to clear the air and sit down and talk through what each of you want from a game / where youre likely to do your running etc - get to know each other better and play as if you do
Scott Allan - this team is going to be rebuilt around you and possibly Melker Hallberg
All 11 - settled team / no chopping and changing week in week so you eventually look like a team as opposed to a bunch of strangers
James / Newell / Doidge / Jackson / Vela - sorry boys but this isnt working. Tell your agents you can find something else but until then, train over there or preferably in a public park somewhere like Standrigg.
The board - come out and recognise the situation and tell the supporters what the plan is and that we are in this together - build / repair some bridges, keep communications flowing, fix some 'property company' basics (like the gates)
Fix the ****ing tannoy
Do something - anything - to bring back some sort of feel good factor to the club side (if not the team)
Out injured??? - go and meet some supporters / sign kids strips / pose for selfies / be in club shop etc etc

Meantime, make inquiries (or more inquires) about Mulumbu / Ambrose / Omeonga and McNulty and be prepared to sell Mallan / Horgan / Slivka / Rocky and possibly Flo

Also on our radar - I would have liked Craig Halkett but that ship has sailed - Matthew Kennedy - struggling to think of others for this particular fight - but thats later - salvage this NOW.

Love this and I would approach it in similar fashion.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2019, 10:53 AM
If it keeps on raining, as is the forecast, game could be a doubt

Alfred E Newman
04-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Rocky

Gray Stevenson

Boyle S.Allan Hallberg

Kamberi Shaw

Kamberi and Shaw - same
Fix the ****ing tannoy

When can you start? :aok:

Hibiza
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Love this and I would approach it in similar fashion.

Mallan a passenger.☹️

flash
04-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Our best 3 players are Boyle, Allan and Kamberi. Just pick those 3 every week and fit others around them as best we can.
It's hard but my team would be
Rocky
Naismith Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Slivka Allan Hallberg
Boyle Kamberi Horgan.
No Porteous just now as he has been poor since returning. His time will come again soon.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Our best 3 players are Boyle, Allan and Kamberi. Just pick those 3 every week and fit others around them as best we can.
Rocky
Slivka Allan Hallberg
Boyle Kamberi Horgan.
No Porteous just now as he has been poor since returning. His time will come again soon.

Completely agree with all of this.

flash
04-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Completely agree with all of this.

Aye but the manager won't!

elevengoats
04-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Rocky
Slivka Allan Hallberg
Boyle Kamberi Horgan.

This is absolutely spot on!!! Nice balanced team with some pace on the wings and a forward who actually knows what he is doing and is happy to make runs in behind defence.

Golden Bear
04-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Going up to the St Johnstone game in an unusual mode of transport. A mixed bus, Hibees and Saintees travelling together for a convivial day out!

Their hospitality will of course be reciprocated in the return fixture.

I'm looking forward to it, its a pity the game might get in the way.

:greengrin

Carheenlea
04-11-2019, 11:30 AM
We’re having of all things a mixed mini bus from my home town travelling up. Nowhere near Perth but a handful of St Johnstone fans who go up to the games. A sociable Saturday out, and football apart - should be a fine day :cheers:

* edit - GB posting at same time more or less word for word looking forward to our trip! At least some of us will have some guaranteed entertainment on Saturday.

Golden Bear
04-11-2019, 11:33 AM
We’re having of all things a mixed mini bus from my home town travelling up. Nowhere near Perth but a handful of St Johnstone fans who go up to the games. A sociable Saturday out, and football apart - should be a fine day :cheers:

Snap !

See you on Saturday!

ekhibee
04-11-2019, 11:56 AM
When we played them at ER they were definitely the better side, not confident about beating them at all. Stranger things have happened though.

Joe6-2
04-11-2019, 12:00 PM
...........Marciano

......Hallberg...Slivka

........Kamberi...Shaw

I will be your witness ‘never saw a thing guvnor’

danhibees1875
04-11-2019, 12:30 PM

Rocky

Gray Stevenson

Boyle S.Allan Hallberg

Kamberi Shaw

Kamberi and Shaw - same
Fix the ****ing tannoy

Mostly spot on with this. :aok: Some tough decisions in there and also some very straightforward ones too, would all go a long way to reconnecting the club, team, and fans as one again.

I'd personally persist with Doidge. Slot him in alongside Kamberi.

Greenbeard
04-11-2019, 01:08 PM
I'm going to each game till we win.

Then I will bugger off on a jolly holiday.

Nothing booked yet!
Cheap deals in May.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Cheap deals in May.

Won't that clash with the play-offs???

Greenbeard
04-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Won't that clash with the play-offs???
Optimist.

FilipinoHibs
05-11-2019, 02:35 AM