PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom an alternative view.

Alfiembra
03-11-2019, 04:18 PM
I’m picking up that the general view is he’s a genuinely decent person and the players like him.

It’s also pretty obvious that he’s not engaged with the supporters and gives the impression of being a bit laid back and not really passionate about the club.

If an employee is failing in his job, at most decent sized organisations there would be an intervention of some sort either by a line manager or HR department to try and support the person and sort things out.

So my question is do you think PH getting the necessary support to help him turn things around.

If not then given the scenario that everyone at the club wants him to succeed what is needed to make that happen and what could the club do to help him succeed?

I certainly think his apparent disconnect with the support needs addressed first, I’d like to see him talk directly to the fans and tell them what he’s trying to do. I also think the senior players need to step up and get him on board with what it means to be a Hibby. By that I mean showing the passion for the club and the job.

Next I would bring in someone, maybe like Gordon Strachan to be a mentor for him, even if it was as a temporary or short term consultancy basis someone that would be happy to work away behind the scenes and knows the club and Scottish football.

My own thoughts are the board are sitting on their hands and hoping he turns it around and are not going to take any action before January.

I personally would like to see PH succeed but think he needs help. Whether he would be willing to accept that is another question.

lord bunberry
03-11-2019, 04:34 PM
I’m picking up that the general view is he’s a genuinely decent person and the players like him.

It’s also pretty obvious that he’s not engaged with the supporters and gives the impression of being a bit laid back and not really passionate about the club.

If an employee is failing in his job, at most decent sized organisations there would be an intervention of some sort either by a line manager or HR department to try and support the person and sort things out.

So my question is do you think PH getting the necessary support to help him turn things around.

If not then given the scenario that everyone at the club wants him to succeed what is needed to make that happen and what could the club do to help him succeed?

I certainly think his apparent disconnect with the support needs addressed first, I’d like to see him talk directly to the fans and tell them what he’s trying to do. I also think the senior players need to step up and get him on board with what it means to be a Hibby. By that I mean showing the passion for the club and the job.

Next I would bring in someone, maybe like Gordon Strachan to be a mentor for him, even if it was as a temporary or short term consultancy basis someone that would be happy to work away behind the scenes and knows the club and Scottish football.

My own thoughts are the board are sitting on their hands and hoping he turns it around and are not going to take any action before January.

I personally would like to see PH succeed but think he needs help. Whether he would be willing to accept that is another question.
You make a lot of good points, but it’s gone too far now and I very much doubt he’ll win folk around. When you have fans saying they were disappointed when we equalised against Livingston or hoping we get hammered in a cup semi final then it’s time for a change. He’s had his chance and he’s failed to produce the goods.

The Captain....
03-11-2019, 05:27 PM
It's gone well past the point of no return imo..I dont think he can turn it around with the current players..most of whom he brought in. We are rotten..there is no silver bullet or magic formula that changes that.. we have ***** players playing like ***** players play.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk