PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical -Would Steve Robinson choose Hibs or Them?

The Wireless
03-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Just a thought. I wonder who Steve Robinson would choose between Hibs or Hearts if given the opportunity?

sauzee=legend
03-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Who ever pays him the most per week IMO.

Fife-Hibee
Who is offering him the longest contract and the most money? :confused:

matty_f

Correct

Diclonius
I hope he doesn't have to make that choice and we appoint Jack Ross.

Smartie
03-11-2019, 01:57 PM
They’ll pay more, they’ve got better players and a bigger budget.

There’s no way anyone would choose us over them unless they were a proper Hibs fan.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Them then.

DetroitHibs
03-11-2019, 03:20 PM
History has generally shown that they can usually outbid us. So probably them.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2019, 03:24 PM
No idea, but remember whoever Hearts appoint, will have Craigieboy hanging around the training centre, until the end of the season

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 03:25 PM

There’s no way anyone would choose us over them unless they were a proper Hibs fan.

Do they have better players? Fully fit our side is better easily IMO.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Yet they are no better than us, actually worse than us

Weegreenman
03-11-2019, 03:58 PM

Really??

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Yet they are no better than us, actually worse than us

We lost to their reserve side. I would say they have a better first eleven than us.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM

I’m not sure how you can draw that conclusion when they beat us without their best defender, best forward and their best player.

Smartie
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Fully fit would include David Gray being fit, which looks like it's never going to happen (what a difference he'd make to us right now btw).

I don't think they're great but I think a decent manager would want to start with their squad before starting with ours, knowing that he'd likely have more cash to spend to fix the obvious problems.

Jones28
03-11-2019, 05:34 PM
I hope he doesn't have to make that choice and we appoint Jack Ross.

I don’t understand what Ross has done to deserve the job over Robinson.

wookie70
03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Not sure about Robinson, fairly similar points per game with Motherwell as Heck has here. That should go up with better resources but he might get chased if he has a few poor months. More sure about Jack Ross a definite no for me.

bingo70
03-11-2019, 05:37 PM
I don’t understand what Ross has done to deserve the job over Robinson.

I don’t understand what Robinson has done to deserve any job over anyone?

Bottom 6 the last 2 seasons he seems to have built a reputation based on a good 3 months this season.

Jones28
03-11-2019, 06:06 PM
I don’t understand what Robinson has done to deserve any job over anyone?

Bottom 6 the last 2 seasons he seems to have built a reputation based on a good 3 months this season.

He got Motherwell to a couple of finals and generally has them playing a decent style of football. He’s had to do a lot of rebuilding as well.

I was more curious about why Ross, who did well with St Mirren but went to Sunderland and was sacked is viewed as being a better option than Robinson.

Since452
03-11-2019, 06:08 PM
The Motherwell fans were wanting rid of Robinson last season

Skol
03-11-2019, 06:15 PM
I would be happy if he chose hearts. Not sure he is the answer for either of us

bingo70
03-11-2019, 06:19 PM
He got Motherwell to a couple of finals and generally has them playing a decent style of football. He’s had to do a lot of rebuilding as well.

I was more curious about why Ross, who did well with St Mirren but went to Sunderland and was sacked is viewed as being a better option than Robinson.

Motherwell fans wanted rid of him last season because of his style of football.

Jones28
03-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Motherwell fans wanted rid of him last season because of his style of football.

Not the season ticket holders that I know.

JKeatings
03-11-2019, 06:35 PM

We haven’t had near the injuries they have, yet they still beat us at home! Hecky has signed a lot of rubbish from down England

Dmas
03-11-2019, 06:37 PM
He’s a hammer thrower and they have players capable of throwing hammers their welcome to each other

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Hearts have a bigger budget and are actually looking for a Coach

That's two reasons I'd say Hearts.

BlackSheep
03-11-2019, 06:38 PM
All these opinions that they can offer more than us etc etc etc... are wrong.

The level of offer we can make all comes down to Ron Gordon and his ambition for the club.

If we do sack Hecky and go for Robinson then if it comes down to us versus them for his signature then RG would do well to appease the Hibs support and compete to the finest of margins to bring him in (if that’s what the fans want?)

bingo70
03-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Not the season ticket holders that I know.

Fair enough, you’ve trumped me there.

I don’t know any Motherwell fans, I was just taking that from what I’ve read on Twitter.

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 06:41 PM
...oh and I don't want him as new Head Coach.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 06:43 PM
The Motherwell fans were wanting rid of Robinson last season

Maybe the start of the season after they lost their two best players but they brought through youngsters, dropped the huddy Main and played very good football, they’ve recruited very decent again over the summer and seem to be a club that lose their best players yet don’t bomb completely like we always do.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 06:44 PM
We haven’t had near the injuries they have, yet they still beat us at home! Hecky has signed a lot of rubbish from down England

McGregor injured, gray injured, boyle injured, slivka injured, james was injured for a fair bit, stevenson injured, porteous injured, We have had a lot of injuries this season

basehibby
03-11-2019, 07:15 PM

The bit in bold is not the considered opinion of many Hearts fans that I know. Unfortunately the budget bit has historically been accurate. With new owner in place, debts paid off etc that may no longer be the case though.

Smartie
03-11-2019, 07:17 PM
All these opinions that they can offer more than us etc etc etc... are wrong.

The level of offer we can make all comes down to Ron Gordon and his ambition for the club.

If we do sack Hecky and go for Robinson then if it comes down to us versus them for his signature then RG would do well to appease the Hibs support and compete to the finest of margins to bring him in (if that’s what the fans want?)

What are your early impressions?

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 01:02 PM
I’m not sure how you can draw that conclusion when they beat us without their best defender, best forward and their best player.

I'm one of those people that doesn't jump to conclusions based on one game.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2019, 01:03 PM

This is absolutely not true. Hibs have had far more injuries than Hearts in the last 18 months.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2019, 01:04 PM
I'm one of those people that doesn't jump to conclusions based on one game.

And I’m sure you’ve also read that the league table doesn’t lie?