PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Season Ticket Sales

Real Emerald
03-11-2019, 12:04 PM
This situation surely can’t continue much longer but major damage has already been done. How many season tickets will not be renewed because of it? I’m guessing we’ll be down to under 10k again. When will the club wake up to this and act before it’s too late?

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2019, 12:05 PM
I’m hoping to shift over to the west lower so if anyone’s not renewing can they give me a shout and I’ll call the club to switch. I need 3 together please.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Post concerned about the way the club is heading and the future season ticket sales, reply takes the piss.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:11 PM
First round of league games gone and I think most fans wished this season was over (avoid relegation). Even during our comeback against Livingston I didn’t celebrate either goal, we shouldn’t have to experience such garbage on a frequent basis. I don’t think I’ll be renewing. I make sacrifices to buy a ST and to pay into HSL and I’ve had enough of hearing “Persevere” as a means of asking fans to stick with the club while it grossly underperforms.

Says it all that our summer recruitment has been rotten for 3 years straight, our head of recruitment gets promoted and in his interview he talks about Hibs DNA and the importance of “Persevering”. Not sure if I should laugh or cry at the way that has played out.

Doubt I’ll renew unless we storm back to a comfortable top six finish minimum. Suspect many will be the same.

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Post concerned about the way the club is heading and the future season ticket sales, reply takes the piss.

I think there’s another thread on here about sacking the manager. I’m sure I saw one. I just thought I’d see if I could get first dibs on a west lower seat - it’s been hard to get a move over there while we’ve been doing quite well.

flash
03-11-2019, 12:20 PM
I think there’s another thread on here about sacking the manager. I’m sure I saw one. I just thought I’d see if I could get first dibs on a west lower seat - it’s been hard to get a move over there while we’ve been doing quite well.

I think there another 20 at least. All saying exactly the same thing.

SickBoy32
03-11-2019, 12:22 PM
To be honest, every thread on this forum should be about removing this manager. And then his guffy players in Jan.

What else is there to be discussed?

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:25 PM
To be honest, every thread on this forum should be about removing this manager. And then his guffy players in Jan.

What else is there to be discussed?

Why the club cannot deliver more than 1-2 good seasons in a row?

SickBoy32
03-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Why the club cannot deliver more than 1-2 good seasons in a row?

The board have backed a total dud with PH, and by extension his signings, that simple IMO.

Get a good manager and things will all start to improve.

Shrekko
03-11-2019, 12:29 PM

Aye you cannae have too many threads from ‘concerned’ posters about our imminent demise with supporters deserting the club in droves eh? It’s not depressing at all is it?

I welcome a bit of humour on any thread these days.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Aye you cannae have too many threads from ‘concerned’ posters about our imminent demise with supporters deserting the club in droves eh? It’s not depressing at all is it?

I welcome a bit of humour on any thread these days.

Fair do’s.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
The board have backed a total dud with PH, and by extension his signings, that simple IMO.

Don’t think they will, his dud signings are on 3 year contracts. We, as a club, will go for a cheap managerial replacement (not at a club or a young English manager again).

This spans further than PH. Last 3 seasons have been tainted by horrendous summer transfer windows. Lennon was probably saved by Kamberi and Maclaren.

The club keep talking about building a culture and a DNA but it’s all talk with no substance. Genuinely think people are living off the cup win.

lord bunberry
03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
I very much doubt he’ll still be manager by the time season tickets go on sale. If he is then it will mean he’s turned things around. It’s unlikely he’s going to turn things around so it’s more likely he’ll be sacked.

SickBoy32
03-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Don’t think they will, his dud signings are on 3 year contracts. We, as a club, will go for a cheap managerial replacement (not at a club or a young English manager again).

This spans further than PH. Last 3 seasons have been tainted by horrendous summer transfer windows. Lennon was probably saved by Kamberi and Maclaren.

The club keep talking about building a culture and a DNA but it’s all talk with no substance. Genuinely think people are living off the cup win.

Can we slate the summer signings but not give credit where due, to successive good winter transfer windows?

I agree summer recruitment has been poor since Stubbs, particularly this year, but twice the Jan transfer window has been used to great effect by the club.

You looking to bin the recruitment dept or board members etc ?

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Can we slate the summer signings but not give credit where due, to successive good winter transfer windows?

I agree summer recruitment has been poor since Stubbs, particularly this year, but twice the Jan transfer window has been used to great effect by the club.

Summer is all about longer term planning. Winter loans paper over cracks.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:56 PM

January transfer window which is notoriously a hard time to recruit but we do so much better in than the summer window...I find that very strange. Seems like club trying to recover season by spending more on loans/signings than we did in the summer.

They got lucky with 1 January transfer window - the one with Kamberi and Maclaren - but that doesn’t change the fact that the January window has been used to save our seasons. That is not a healthy trend, if we get January window wrong this year we could be relegated let’s not kid ourselves. Our goal difference this season tells you all you need to know, we are one of the worst teams in the league.

Without recruitment can you tell me how a new manager fixes our midfield?

Golden Bear
03-11-2019, 01:01 PM
I'll no doubt renew but as things stand it will be more in the form of a donation as I've lost all appetite for match day attendance at the moment.

SickBoy32
03-11-2019, 01:02 PM
January transfer window which is notoriously a hard time to recruit but we do so much better in than the summer window...I find that very strange. Seems like club trying to recover season by spending more on loans/signings than we did in the summer.

They got lucky with 1 January transfer window - the one with Kamberi and Maclaren - but that doesn’t change the fact that the January window has been used to save our seasons. That is not a healthy trend, if we get January window wrong this year we could be relegated let’s not kid ourselves. Our goal difference this season tells you all you need to know, we are one of the worst teams in the league.

Without recruitment can you tell me how a new manager fixes our midfield?

Not sure why summer recruitment has been poorer than Jan last couple years, but I don’t think it’s a lack of financial backing - certainly not this summer.

Keep this joker and we’ll go down, or very close to it. Hoping that a new, proper football manager will get more out of the squad.

There is no way the midfield can be sorted without additions imo, Vela Newell are just not compatible with the club or league, and both need emptied in Jan.

Onion
03-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Club makes huge case for paying ST money up front as it helps them plan ...but for supporters it's a blind bet. Last few seasons, we could trust the club, Petrie, Dempster, Lennon to honour that trust. This season it feels like we've been scammed.

The longer it goes on the more fans will questioning handing over their hard earned to Dempster and Gordon. They must realise that ?

wookie70
03-11-2019, 01:32 PM
First round of league games gone and I think most fans wished this season was over (avoid relegation). Even during our comeback against Livingston I didn’t celebrate either goal, we shouldn’t have to experience such garbage on a frequent basis. I don’t think I’ll be renewing. I make sacrifices to buy a ST and to pay into HSL and I’ve had enough of hearing “Persevere” as a means of asking fans to stick with the club while it grossly underperforms.

If you can't celebrate your team coming back from two nil down them maybe football isn't the sport for you

madhatter
03-11-2019, 01:43 PM
If you can't celebrate your team coming back from two nil down them maybe football isn't the sport for you

Two nil down against a team that we should, based on size, be beating. Added to the fact that we are in awful form and are relegation candidates. Yes, you might be right, I wasn’t giddy about the draw so maybe football isn’t for me...I’d like to qualify that with absolutely garbage football isn’t for me.

Did you forget the Livingston player missing an open goal? Celebrating that draw...jeez how far have we fallen.

flash
03-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Two nil down against a team that we should, based on size, be beating. Added to the fact that we are in awful form and are relegation candidates. Yes, you might be right, I wasn’t giddy about the draw so maybe football isn’t for me...I’d like to qualify that with absolutely garbage football isn’t for me.

Did you forget the Livingston player missing an open goal? Celebrating that draw...jeez how far have we fallen.

It's not about being delighted at a draw. It's about your team having spirit and fighting back. Just because we want a new manager doesn't mean I stop supporting the team.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 01:51 PM
This situation surely can’t continue much longer but major damage has already been done. How many season tickets will not be renewed because of it? I’m guessing we’ll be down to under 10k again. When will the club wake up to this and act before it’s too late?

Absolutely true.

I had a go at the poor turnout last night and that would still have been the case back in the day when it was unusual for clubs to have lots of ST holders. Wanting folk to attend a single important game is one thing, hoping they will commit to £350 or a lot more for a whole season if they also take kids and stuff is different. To achieve that you have to dangle the prospect of decent or at least winning football in front of them and any club that thinks it can hold up ST numbers without both or at least one of those two things is kidding itself.

The 2nd half against Livvi was as exciting as its been at ER since Heckingbottom took over, but the truth is it was exciting for all the wrong reasons. Storming fightbacks against the OF or Aberdeen and Hearts are great, but being forced to do that against the likes of Livvi is a sign your team is under performing and when it happens time and again you have to ask if you have the right manager or players of the quality you need. As things stand its becoming more and more evident that we have neither.

Last night we were comprehensively played off the park under a manager who didnt seem to have the first clue about how to combat Celtic's movement and ability to find width on either wing .... If Hecky is a student of the game as he claims to be he clearly studied at the wrong educational establishment. If Hibs dont start taking action now to halt this slump the prediction here is going to come depressingly true.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 01:54 PM
It's not about being delighted at a draw. It's about your team having spirit and fighting back. Just because we want a new manager doesn't mean I stop supporting the team.

Why does it matter if I celebrate? People get grief for not attending, now people get grief for not jumping out their seat when their team equalise in a game they should be winning...

How about people support the team how they wish. This “I’m the measure of a supporter” is so tedious.

Hibee Mac
03-11-2019, 01:54 PM

Point is though, we've fallen a long way if we're applauding a home draw against Livingston as part of a winless run that left us second bottom. You won't catch me celebrating that

flash
03-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Why does it matter if I celebrate? People get grief for not attending, now people get grief for not jumping out their seat when their team equalise in a game they should be winning...

How about people support the team how they wish. This “I’m the measure of a supporter” is so tedious.

Nah what's tedious to me is the thirty posts an hour kind of guy all of which are the same just worded slightly differently. It's a matter of supreme irrelevance to me whether you celebrate the team you support scoring or not.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Nah what's tedious to me is the thirty posts an hour kind of guy all of which are the same just worded slightly differently. It's a matter of supreme irrelevance to me whether you celebrate the team you support scoring or not.

Supreme irrelevance but yet you comment on it then try to offend my posts (I assume)...ok then. How about stop trying to pick fights...

Malthibby
03-11-2019, 02:14 PM
I suspect I'm core support (not Uber so let's no' go there) in that I can't imagine not renewing no matter how grim the fare on the pitch but there's no argument that the current team are losing support. We are losing the cup win momentum and it's a hard thing to regain once it has gone.
The half season sales are likely to be non-existent if things don't change, and even losing 2000 from full season sales will derail whatever plans Hibs have for the future.
Have to assume those in charge are well aware of this, it would be nice to see evidence of that but in the meantime please keep turning up and support the team. Boycotts are damaging.
GG

ColintonHibs
03-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Won’t be back until HECKY OUT

flash
03-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Supreme irrelevance but yet you comment on it then try to offend my posts (I assume)...ok then. How about stop trying to pick fights...

Sorry was under the impression this is a forum.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 02:41 PM

That the impression I had, hence why I thought it was fine to be a “thirty posts an hour kind of guy“.

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Flash I found out earlier if you disagree with someone now it’s called picking a fight. Changed days.

Imagine not celebrating your team scoring a goal when coming back from 0-2 down though eh?

madhatter
03-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Flash I found out earlier if you disagree with someone now it’s called picking a fight. Changed days.

Imagine not celebrating your team scoring a goal when coming back from 0-2 down though eh?

Disagreeing? No, the picking the fight is when he said “what’s tedious to me is the thirty posts an hour kind of guy”. Certain people on here can’t disagree without having a dig at someone.

I found out ages ago that people enjoy to dish out stuff, enjoy forming groups and then undermine people with opposing views.

Oh, and Flash made a comment about “thirty posts an hour kind of guy” when I had made 14 posts today and he had made 9. Probably pointless mentioning that though as I found out that most people don’t like facts.

Imagine having an opinion about the club without taking a dig at fellow fans, eh?

hibby6270
03-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Good grief. Rabitting about next season’s ST sales in November!,:rolleyes:
The OP probably puts his Xmas decorations up in September and expects everyone to understand why!!

FWIW I can confirm I’ll renew regardless of how rest of the season pans out. As I’ve said in other posts, I support the club no matter what. There’s no argument.

wookie70
03-11-2019, 06:05 PM

It was a game we looked like losing and fought till the death to get a last minute draw. Whether we should beat them because of resource is by the by. In that scenario I can't imagine football fans not celebrating and majority in ER that night certainly did. If you don't get a buzz out of your team doing that then I do think perhaps its not the sport for you. When Porteous scored a late goal to pull it back to 2-2 after a run of 2 points in 18 under Lennon were you equally unimpressed.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 06:26 PM
It was a game we looked like losing and fought till the death to get a last minute draw. Whether we should beat them because of resource is by the by. In that scenario I can't imagine football fans not celebrating and majority in ER that night certainly did. If you don't get a buzz out of your team doing that then I do think perhaps its not the sport for you. When Porteous scored a late goal to pull it back to 2-2 after a run of 2 points in 18 under Lennon were you equally unimpressed.

Why do you care if I celebrate or if football is the sport for me? Is this one of Hibs Community’s Outreach programmes or something? I don’t care how other people support the club as long as it doesn’t harm anyone but we’ve got people all over the place assessing how much of a fan people are, how much does football suit them as a person and everything else. Not sure if it is a feeling of superiority or what, I just don’t get why people can’t just let other people be different from them.

To answer your question about Porteous scoring a late goal, I honestly cannot remember how I felt or how I celebrated. I celebrate when I feel like it. I don’t keep a jotter with me logging my celebrations or anything so I don’t know. I wanted Lennon to leave before he did so I’m not sure what parallel you are trying to create. Other than horrendous form...

GreenCastle
03-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Club makes huge case for paying ST money up front as it helps them plan ...but for supporters it's a blind bet. Last few seasons, we could trust the club, Petrie, Dempster, Lennon to honour that trust. This season it feels like we've been scammed.

The longer it goes on the more fans will questioning handing over their hard earned to Dempster and Gordon. They must realise that ?

Very good point.

Right now serious lack of trust with the manager / players / tactics and leadership (direction of our club).

Squealing pig
03-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Not be renewing x3

erin go bragh
03-11-2019, 06:59 PM

Exactly . First bad appointment in five years but the longer he stays , the longer he will set us back .

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Not be renewing x3

Where do you sit mate? Looking for west lower.

Squealing pig
03-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Take em

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2019, 07:33 PM
It’s a bit early to be thinking about next season ST’s but as ever regardless of how bad we are or what league we are in I will renew.