PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to protest or what?

Diclonius
03-11-2019, 12:17 PM
We will almost certainly lose to St Johnstone next week and he will still keep his job - now should be the time for protesting, either during or after the Motherwell game regardless of the result.

Hearts have been protesting Levein for weeks, it finally paid off and they're now getting a head start on us re the change of manager. The only thing we seem to do is the "I'm not going back" approach, which works eventually but takes a lot longer and ends up having far greater collateral damage. Let's get organised.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
If we don't win next week and he's still in charge for the Motherwell game then I'm all for having a protest at this game.

The time for action passed weeks ago.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Genuinely cannot fathom how bad our recruitment has been yet our head of recruitment has just been promoted. Team had its soul ripped out of it when McGinn, McGeouch, Fontaine et al left and we decided to let Bartley leave as well. All the while we are letting manager recruit players that seem to have absolutely no passion or fight...or quality.

The club is in serious trouble and if he is in charge against St Johnstone that serious trouble will amount to “extremely likely relegation candidate”.

Sacking manager doesn’t fix the club’s issues though. Our recruitment has been shocking in the last 3 summer windows.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2019, 12:44 PM
A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'. We had a couple after we were relegated and that was about it.

There's a lot of talk on another thread about whether people are disengaged or otherwise. I have no idea but there is an apathy running through the fanbase. There's been the odd outbreak of 'Hecky GTF' but beyond that most folk just seem to walk away after games with that resigned 'we have been here before' attitude.

hibsbollah
03-11-2019, 12:44 PM
deleted

...and so it begins

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 12:47 PM
A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'.

:agree:

Have people forgotten what would have happened to our club had it not been for all of those major protests in the late 80's/early 90's?

30 years on and some fans seem to think we're "above" protest.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:57 PM
:agree:

Have people forgotten what would have happened to our club had it not been for all of those major protests in the late 80's/early 90's?

30 years on and some fans seem to think we're "above" protest.

I’m not above a protest, problem is the apathy. We are in a worse position due to this apathy, the club have been expecting protests for weeks...I think most have seen the difference outside the West stand after games. They believed protests were coming. Most fans are walking away having a wee rant or simply walking looking at their shoes. We’re fed up, we keep getting told that this inconsistent rubbish year to year was done. We’ve been told this year by our illustrious owner that he wants to be best of the rest. I’m sick hearing utter rubbish from Hibs.

In my perverse way of thinking, a Mental Health collection outside ER last week was almost a mocking jibe at the mindsets of our fans at the moment. Community club that won’t have a means of raising funds for the community at this rate.

Disconnect or however it’s been put probably isn’t the right way of wording it but fed up and had enough with the club is where a lot of fans are. Our history is dominated by underachievement and, as it currently stands, we’ve been sold a dream once again.

H18 SFR
03-11-2019, 12:58 PM
deleted

Absolute tool!

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 01:08 PM
A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'. We had a couple after we were relegated and that was about it.

There's a lot of talk on another thread about whether people are disengaged or otherwise. I have no idea but there is an apathy running through the fanbase. There's been the odd outbreak of 'Hecky GTF' but beyond that most folk just seem to walk away after games with that resigned 'we have been here before' attitude.

Interesting point. I said after the game yesterday that it wasn’t the hope that killed me this time. It was the fact that I was resigned to what happened, happening, before a ball was kicked. And because of that, I didn’t feel nearly as gutted as I normally would after a semi final defeat.

I don’t think a protest would make the blindest bit of difference. The empty seats at ER and lack of sales yesterday is all the protest they should need to understand the depth of feeling within the support.

Hector Mudflap
03-11-2019, 01:09 PM
apathy

thats where I am

Had four tickets and gave them away to mates down South to come up and watch. I went to Ikea. (got some nice wall units, lots of scented candles and a bottle of Swedish mustard)
I probably spent less than the semi would have cost and inside there's no phone signal. Spared the stress. I have no reason to go back till he's away and someone with genuine drive and passion is installed. What makes me laugh is remembering the PH interview about his high tempo high pressing game. What a joke. I have no hatred for someone who seems like a nice guy but he's not delivering and it absolutely makes me mad that the board are ignoring the fans and the facts.
WHERE IS THE PLAYER WHO WOULD NOT DARE TO FIGHT FOR HIBERNIAN?

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Absolute tool!

Flame thrower?

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Absolute tool!

:faf: You dont recognise a joke do you?

calumb
03-11-2019, 01:12 PM
East mains tomorrow burn his car bye bye

Less chance of him leaving if someone burns his car

CloudSquall
03-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately what will happen is we'll either scrape a draw or leave Perth with a narrow defeat and we'll be back on here ripping the tap aff it about Doidge's "all round game" after producing the square root of **** all goals again and identifying the grand total of 5 minutes where we strung a few passes together and use that as a sign of Takingusbottom turning it around.

Until we are stranded at the bottom of the table nothing is going to happen.

Hibernian32
03-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Flame thrower?

:thumbsup:

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 01:29 PM
We will almost certainly lose to St Johnstone next week and he will still keep his job - now should be the time for protesting, either during or after the Motherwell game regardless of the result.

Hearts have been protesting Levein for weeks, it finally paid off and they're now getting a head start on us re the change of manager. The only thing we seem to do is the "I'm not going back" approach, which works eventually but takes a lot longer and ends up having far greater collateral damage. Let's get organised.

Why will we almost certainly lose at St Johnstone next week?

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Less than a hundred after the derby defeat,the Board wouldn't come out. They are uninterested in engaging with us

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Does anybody know where he lives?

I think it's essential to tell him we do, as that what seems to happen elsewhere.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Why will we almost certainly lose?

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 01:34 PM
I think if we lose to St Johnstone next week we won’t need to protest as that will be the nail in the coffin.

Firmly believe league wise he’s now literally game at a time.

Also after the St Johnstone game (if we lose) makes logical sense as there’s an international break which gives a window of opportunity to bring a permanent replacement in before the Motherwell game on the 23rd.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Because we are ***** and they’ve won two games on the bounce?

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Does anybody know where he lives?

I think it's essential to tell him we do, as that what seems to happen elsewhere.

Please no. That really is not “Hibs Class”. Whilst around 98% of supporters want him to leave he is still a human being and barracking someone at their home is utterly indefensible in my opinion.

03-11-2019, 01:39 PM
deleted

Flame thrower?

:thumbsup:

Out of order, even if meant to be a joke.

mentalhibee
03-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Genuinely cannot fathom how bad our recruitment has been yet our head of recruitment has just been promoted. Team had its soul ripped out of it when McGinn, McGeouch, Fontaine et al left and we decided to let Bartley leave as well. All the while we are letting manager recruit players that seem to have absolutely no passion or fight...or quality.

The club is in serious trouble and if he is in charge against St Johnstone that serious trouble will amount to “extremely likely relegation candidate”.

Sacking manager doesn’t fix the club’s issues though. Our recruitment has been shocking in the last 3 summer windows.

I agree, the managers time is up but it’s more than just him that’s the problem. We’ve got players that are past it on long term contracts and the new signings aren’t good enough. Major changes needed at the club.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Out of order, even if meant to be a joke.

I don’t even know if he’s got a car tbh. It’s no went to good at the teams wheel.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Because we are ***** and they’ve won two games on the bounce?

So they are Barcelona suddenly? Very winnable game for Hibs.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Please no. That really is not “Hibs Class”. Whilst around 98% of supporters want him to leave he is still a human being and barracking someone at their home is utterly indefensible in my opinion.

Boo!!!

I thought we were coming into line with what big clubs do.

I don't suppose an open letter would be OK?

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 01:48 PM

I’ll agree to disagree. We couldn’t beat them at home let alone away to a side in form having beat two teams we have failed to win against recently. Under this manager the odds are against us picking up a win anywhere.

Andy74
03-11-2019, 01:55 PM
I’ll agree to disagree. We couldn’t beat them at home let alone away to a side in form having beat two teams we have failed to win against recently. Under this manager the odds are against us picking up a win anywhere.

You might be more credible if you were a bit less dramatic about it all.

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:59 PM

The big protest outside ER after relegation had a really large turn out, around 1500-2000 fans. I firmly believe that put the frighteners on Petrie etc and things improved culminating in good football, the cup win and promotion.

We’re not far off something similar needing done if Heckingbottom stays in post.

Hector Mudflap
03-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Im trying the Ikea mustard tonight if anyone would like to know how it goes.

green day
03-11-2019, 02:03 PM
I posted on the other thread that we should wrap the west in clingfilm to keep the board in until they do what we want or eat each other.

I have now set up a crowdfunding site -

www.wrapthewest-heckyout-dempster-is-rubbish.co.uk (https://crybabies.toys/)

hibsbollah
03-11-2019, 02:03 PM

That's madness. French's is the only choice

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Thats good, i think Hecky likes a flat pack 4.

hibsbollah
03-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Thats good, i think Hecky likes a flat pack 4.

:faf: :top marks

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 02:09 PM

You're right. But Hibs aren't winning "very winnable" games. That's the problem.

timewilltell
03-11-2019, 02:13 PM
deleted

Grow up....

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Boo!!!

I thought we were coming into line with what big clubs do.

I don't suppose an open letter would be OK?

An open letter sent to the him at ER isn’t actually a bad idea.

Hector Mudflap
03-11-2019, 02:34 PM
The only question is if we do or dont put a dog turd in the envelope.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 02:43 PM

Never seemed to do Hearts any good, and they were always firing them off to every owner they had.

I think I'll stop now.

:brickwall

Hibee Mac
03-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Please why are we continuing with the "if he loses on Sat he's gone" thing? I don't give a toss if he somehow scrapes a win I want him emptied asap as it is so clear that he's not the man for the job.

We're in a relegation scrap!

BlackSheep
03-11-2019, 02:54 PM

As have many of our games this season so far and we’ve either lost or drawn them...!

Please why are we continuing with the "if he loses on Sat he's gone" thing? I don't give a toss if he somehow scrapes a win I want him emptied asap as it is so clear that he's not the man for the job.

THIS.

Every game since the Derby has been a case of if he loses then he should go... a win now means nothing! A friend of mine mentioned to me about how teams going through hard patches never get any luck... my response was that we shouldn’t need luck to win games!!!

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 02:58 PM

It was 7 points from 9 or he must be sacked then it was clinging on to a comeback against Livingston regardless of finding ourselves well behind before that or the fact we’ve spent our season letting other teams do that to us. There’s always some sort of excuse or something trying to cling on to. We are definitely in a relegation scrap plainly because we aren’t a better team than many if any in the division and we don’t know how to win a game of football.

Since452
03-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Will we? Not lost in the league for a while

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Protest if he loses v StJonstone? Ffs he shouldn't be here for that. Get him out tomorrow never mind another game.

He has to go before that game he simply has to.

Speedway
03-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Nope. Bartley signed a deal with Livvi without giving Hibs a chance to make him an offer.

snedzuk
03-11-2019, 04:19 PM

You can coat it in the mustard.

A Hi-Bee
03-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Already making my protest, stoped going and will not go back until things change and he goes perhaps with the board as well.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 04:28 PM

No, paper bag, turd, lighter. Ring the door bell at full time and set fire to the bag.

They will get the message.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2019, 04:29 PM
I think if we lose to St Johnstone next week we won’t need to protest as that will be the nail in the coffin.

Firmly believe league wise he’s now literally game at a time.

Also after the St Johnstone game (if we lose) makes logical sense as there’s an international break which gives a window of opportunity to bring a permanent replacement in before the Motherwell game on the 23rd.Sorry but what a load of ####...he needs sacked now am sick of reading in here about giving him one more game...get him as far to ###@as possible NOW

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Malthibby
03-11-2019, 04:49 PM
'A bunch of pansy woman.'
Apart from the issue of one woman managing to be a bunch, that's a 1970's beauty.
No doubt we should man up & grow a pair.
I'm away to put on my big girl's blouse & flounce around with my carpet sweeper.
Meanwhile, my particular pansy woman's getting the leads out to re-start her car battery
after talking to her other pansy girlfriend about how to replace a condenser pipe 'cos
her boiler becoming erratic (obviously a female boiler).
Jeez.

Malthibby
03-11-2019, 04:52 PM
'A bunch of pansy woman.'
Apart from the issue of one woman managing to be a bunch, that's a 1970's beauty.
No doubt we should man up & grow a pair.
I'm away to put on my big girl's blouse & flounce around with my carpet sweeper.
Meanwhile, my particular pansy woman's getting the leads out to re-start her car battery
after talking to her other pansy girlfriend about how to replace a condenser pipe 'cos
her boiler becoming erratic (obviously a female boiler).
Jeez.

Well that was a waste of time, by he time I've finished my post of righteous indignation he's left.
I assume that confirms he was just a Jumbo & I took the bait.:rolleyes:

basehibby
03-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Sorry but what a load of ####...he needs sacked now am sick of reading in here about giving him one more game...get him as far to ###@as possible NOW

I reckon most are in agreeement - but the thread title is "Are we going to protest or what?" This pre-supposes that he's NOT going to have been sacked before or after the St Johnstone game - otherwise there'd be nothing to protest about.

For my own tuppence worth - unless a great performance is produced against St Johnstone preferably resulting in 3 points - a protest would be entirely justified at the Motherwell match. A protest before the game would make sure the point is made regardless of the result against Motherwell.

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 09:50 PM
Sorry but what a load of ####...he needs sacked now am sick of reading in here about giving him one more game...get him as far to ###@as possible NOW

Sorry? Read the post again.. Where do I say he should get one more game? Oh that’s right, I don’t!

I’m giving an objective opinion on what appears to be the current state of play in that there’s probably a better than good chance he will be given one more game by the people who will make the decision, namely the board of directors.

At no point do I state I want him given another game.

BroxburnHibee
03-11-2019, 10:02 PM
I'm hoping he'll be sacked tomorrow.

Hibs have been surprisingly quiet since yesterday so I hope that means wheels are turning.

Greencore
03-11-2019, 10:08 PM

We aren't very good this season. Shhh it's a secret.