PDA

View Full Version : Another Heck thread but this is what does it for me

MacGruber
03-11-2019, 09:58 AM
So yes, I was being a sad act and spent time looking at our team/squad instead of getting hammered which would have been the obvious way to go 😅

I use Hibs.net as a therapy when it goes tits up and take solace from the sufferings of my fellow hibby.

Not that I'm posting anything not already said or that we know but this was my thinking in summarising the state of the team the new manager will inherit. To me says it all.

Going forward when all fit there are 14 players I would be choosing from for starting spots. Then Shaw and Murray both of which I haven't written off and would give chances to.

Marciano
Gray/Naismith
Hanlon/McGregor/Porteous
Stevenson
Boyle
Slivka/Hallberg/Allan
Horgan
Kamberi/Doidge

Then Murray/Shaw.

What is telling is that despite being handed a massive budget and having the latest transfer windows there are srill more Lennon signings in that lot. Even more telling is there are more Stubbs signings too even though he's been away now for multiple tranafer windows.

From the 3 Heck signings, 2 being Naismith and Halberg look to have been the recruitment team having more inflyence. The other Doidge is our non scoring striker (though I'm still convinced he has the attributes to come good)

Looking at who that leaves out as not being up to it

Tom James
Joe Newell
Adam Jackson
Josh Vela
Chris Maxwell
Glen Middleton
Stevie Mallan
Steven Whittaker (age and injuries more than ability)

That pattern is pretty obvious. Expensive budget blown on dross. If that wasn't enough he can't organise the players he does use into any kind of shape.

Moody Blues
03-11-2019, 10:04 AM
So yes, I was being a sad act and spent time looking at our team/squad instead of getting hammered which would have been the obvious way to go 😅

I use Hibs.net as a therapy when it goes tits up and take solace from the sufferings of my fellow hibby.

Not that I'm posting anything not already said or that we know but this was my thinking in summarising the state of the team the new manager will inherit. To me says it all.

Going forward when all fit there are 14 players I would be choosing from for starting spots. Then Shaw and Murray both of which I haven't written off and would give chances to.

Marciano
Gray/Naismith
Hanlon/McGregor/Porteous
Stevenson
Boyle
Slivka/Hallberg/Allan
Horgan
Kamberi/Doidge

Then Murray/Shaw.

What is telling is that despite being handed a massive budget and having the latest transfer windows there are srill more Lennon signings in that lot. Even more telling is there are more Stubbs signings too even though he's been away now for multiple tranafer windows.

From the 3 Heck signings, 2 being Naismith and Halberg look to have been the recruitment team having more inflyence. The other Doidge is our non scoring striker (though I'm still convinced he has the attributes to come good)

Tom James
Joe Newell
Adam Jackson
Josh Vela
Chris Maxwell
Glen Middleton
Stevie Mallan

That pattern is pretty obvious. Expensive budget blown on dross. If that wasn't enough he can't organise the players he does use into any kind of shape.

Doidge may come good....but it will be down in the lower divisions of England.

Hibee Mac
03-11-2019, 10:06 AM

Marciano
Gray/Naismith
Hanlon/McGregor/Porteous
Stevenson
Boyle
Slivka/Hallberg/Allan
Horgan
Kamberi/Doidge

Then Murray/Shaw.

Tom James
Joe Newell
Adam Jackson
Josh Vela
Chris Maxwell
Glen Middleton
Stevie Mallan

Agree completely (although maybe a bit harsh on Maxwell).

It's becoming abundantly clear that shocking recruitment has played just as much of a role in our downfall as the managers ineptitude.

hibee1875
03-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Doidge may come good....but it will be down in the lower divisions of England.

I reckon the likes of Newell, Doidge, Vella, James etc will all easily find clubs in England, maybe even clubs that are willing to pay for them. Their agents will sell it as “it’s a different game up there”

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 10:09 AM
I reckon the likes of Newell, Doidge, Vella, James etc will all easily find clubs in England, maybe even clubs that are willing to pay for them. Their agents will sell it as “it’s a different game up there”

Maybe. Apparently Doidge is on a big whack up here ...so will be a costly pay off for us .....