PDA

View Full Version : How much has the way you watch Hibs changed this season?

G B Young
03-11-2019, 07:39 AM
How much has the way you watch Hibs changed this season?

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Now mostly through my fingers.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 07:56 AM
While reading a book.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 07:58 AM
I still go to all home games as I have a season ticket and I go to a few away games although I put in less effort to attend them at the moment so if they're midweek (Kilmarnock in the cup or St Mirren coming up in a few weeks) or quite a distance away (Aberdeen a few weeks ago) then I won't bother whereas in previous seasons I would have made every effort to be there.

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 07:59 AM
None of the above.

PeeJay
03-11-2019, 08:00 AM
No option available for me here, but as an expat here in Berlin I watch as many Hibs games on TV as are broadcast - don't really care how bad the current team is, it's my club, I'll keep watching and we're bound to get better at some point down the road ... :greengrin

Carheenlea
03-11-2019, 08:04 AM
If Hibs are playing and I can get to the game then I’ll mostly be there and that’s not going to change. I enjoy going to support Hibs even if the games can then let you down, but that’s the kicks most football fans have to take and go through at times.

GoalsMcGinley
03-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Won’t be back until he’s gone. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Captain....
03-11-2019, 08:13 AM
I've actually preferred away games for the day out etc but even they are becoming a chore.

Home games bore me senseless and I've missed a couple recently. Not sure if I'll get a season ticket next year..we'll see..I'll probably end up changing my mind and bitterly regretting it like I have this season

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bob1875
03-11-2019, 08:14 AM
I’ve got a season ticket and I’ve been to St Mirren at home.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Won’t be back until he’s gone. Simple as that.

So what happens if we replace him and the new manager doesnt get them playing well either, do you stop going again?

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 08:19 AM
So what happens if we replace him and the new manager doesnt get them playing well either, do you stop going again?

Sounds fair enough.

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Fans that don’t go to see Hibs when we are poor - must have missed about 60% of our games in the last 20 years ...

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Sounds fair enough.

I will never have a pop at people not going but I will never get my head round not going because of a manager. We have had some shocking managers in my time watching hibs, which has only been 25 years so not really that long compared to others and have never not went because of a manager, but each to their own

superfurryhibby
03-11-2019, 08:26 AM
None of the above. Season ticket, been to three games. Probably not going to renew, although if things improve then that will change.

As had always been the case, my dalliance with Hibs has ebbed and flowed over nearly 50 years of attending. Lord knows I’ve paid some dues.

jeffers
03-11-2019, 08:40 AM
I will never have a pop at people not going but I will never get my head round not going because of a manager. We have had some shocking managers in my time watching hibs, which has only been 25 years so not really that long compared to others and have never not went because of a manager, but each to their own

I have a season ticket, have been to every home league game this season, but if I'm honest it's becoming a real chore. Normally I'd attend some away games but haven't this season, I'm not prepared to spend money I don't really have on something I'm not enjoying. I've seen some terrible Hibs sides in the past, but for me it's harder to accept now given where we are as in stadium, training centre, debt paid off, season ticket sales etc.

I can't speak for others, but maybe those who aren't attending feel by doing so it will force those in charge to take action and sack a guy the vast majority of Hibs fans have lost faith in. Short of demonstrating at the ground withdrawing their attendance is their only option to express their dissatisfaction.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 08:46 AM
I have a season ticket, have been to every home league game this season, but if I'm honest it's becoming a real chore. Normally I'd attend some away games but haven't this season, I'm not prepared to spend money I don't really have on something I'm not enjoying. I've seen some terrible Hibs sides in the past, but for me it's harder to accept now given where we are as in stadium, training centre, debt paid off, season ticket sales etc.

I can't speak for others, but maybe those who aren't attending feel by doing so it will force those in charge to take action and sack a guy the vast majority of Hibs fans have lost faith in. Short of demonstrating at the ground withdrawing their attendance is their only option to express their dissatisfaction.

Again though, if we replace this manager with one who also ends up the way heckingbottom has do folk stop going again because of the manager? I dont go to support the manager, I go to watch the team, poor or not, as I've said though,each to their own

DTS
03-11-2019, 08:46 AM
I’ve not missed a game all season and that’s me done until he’s away

CloudSquall
03-11-2019, 08:47 AM
I've went from being pissed off or annoyed at defeats to having a giggle and forgetting all about it.

The Modfather
03-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Again though, if we replace this manager with one who also ends up the way heckingbottom has do folk stop going again because of the manager? I dont go to support the manager, I go to watch the team, poor or not, as I've said though,each to their own

Yes. I go because it’s meant to be enjoyable. After a new manager has been given time to show signs of improvement, if that improvement isn’t evident, and it still feels like a chore going to games I’ll probably start spending my time doing other things on a Saturday again.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Yes. I go because it’s meant to be enjoyable. After a new manager has been given time to show signs of improvement, if that improvement isn’t evident, and it still feels like a chore going to games I’ll probably start spending my time doing other things on a Saturday again.

You cant have been to many games over the years if you wanted enjoyment! We have only had maybe 4/5 years of really good teams since I started watching us and a few of then were in the 1st division

GoalsMcGinley
03-11-2019, 08:55 AM

This. Football is entertainment. We pay to be entertained/win games or both. We are doing neither. As previously stated, won’t be back until Fenlonbottom is gone.

Albanian Hibs
03-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Cancelled my AST

Leitherhibs
03-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Go home and away because I’m not a fair weather fan.

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 09:00 AM
This. Football is entertainment. We pay to be entertained/win games or both. We are doing neither. As previously stated, won’t be back until Fenlonbottom is gone.

Entertainment is true for some ..and whilst we all wish to be entertained, some people go simply to support their team..

Different motivations for different folks - neither is wrong ..

jeffers
03-11-2019, 09:03 AM

I don't go to support the manager either but the answer to your question is yes, if another manager as equally as poor as Heckingbottom was appointed I can understand why some fans would stop attending. The situation should never have got as far as it has anyway, he should have been punted weeks ago. There is literally no excuse for our league position, the blame lies with one person.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2019, 09:08 AM
For years I went home and away. In the last couple of years away games have been far more hit and miss as my daughter has just turned 2 and I can't justify one day of every weekend where I am not around. The compromise was I can still get my ST and go to home games but have to be a bit more choosy about away games.

This season I still have my ST but I'm definitely less bothered about missing games. I missed last night's game and I'm missing the Rangers game in December. A few years ago I caused a relationship to end because I missed a mutual friends wedding to attend a Hibs game away at Kilmarnock and a birthday party to travel away to Motherwell, both within a few weeks of each other.

Times change, priorities change. I'm not sure it's anything to do with us being crap either; I've watched crap Hibs team before and stood by through thick and thin. I think most fans go through a phase during which football becomes a bit less important for a while.

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 09:14 AM
A few years ago I caused a relationship to end because I missed a mutual friends wedding to attend a Hibs game away at Kilmarnock and a birthday party to travel away to Motherwell, both within a few weeks of each other.

Good post..this bit reminded me of the old classic...

“You love Hibs more than me!”

“Hibs?? I love Hearts more than you.....”

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Fans that don’t go to see Hibs when we are poor - must have missed about 60% of our games in the last 20 years ...

20 years?

Aside from a few years in-between, its nearly 40 for me.

Eyrie
03-11-2019, 10:12 AM
None of the above.

Have a season ticket and go to the homes games I can make, so no change there. Away games don't interest me.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 10:57 AM
ST holder, but just can't find the motive to go at the moment. Our chronic underachievement is a scandal. The fans that still go are some of the best fans in the world.

Alfred E Newman
03-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Same as always, its called supporting your team and as long as I'm able that's what I'll do. If I'd only went to Easter Road when the going was good I would have missed a hell of a games over the years. It makes the good times even sweeter.

Bangkok Hibby
03-11-2019, 11:20 AM
How much has the way you watch Hibs changed this season?

Living in Thailand I don't get to games but I still watch every game I can on Hibs Tv, streams etc. Midweek games mean 02.30 in the morning here and I'd be going absolutely mad if the stream broke down as often happens. This season though...meh! If I can't see or hear a game its no big deal anymore. I'll just pop along here and wallow in the shared misery.

hibby6270
03-11-2019, 11:21 AM
ST holder. Shareholder. HSL member.

Go to every home game but very rarely go to away games due to finances.

For me, after 55+ years, it’s first and foremost about supporting the club. That is now inbred and will never change.

Teams, players, managers will come and go. Some great. Some good. Some downright rubbish. But, I’m a Hibby. Always will be. Moaning and groaning when performances are, shall we say, not up to standard isn’t worth it. You have to support the club and current setup through thick and thin. No ifs, no buts!! (Profuse apologies for the BoJo quote!:wink:)

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 11:29 AM

The thing is, a lot of people will stop going during the bad times.

Like yourself, I've seen a lot of poor teams in my time but, for some reason, still go to ganes.

What I don't get, and I get the feeling you're the same, is the current Drama Queen trend.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 11:37 AM
The thing is, a lot of people will stop going during the bad times.

Like yourself, I've seen a lot of poor teams in my time but, for some reason, still go to ganes.

What I don't get, and I get the feeling you're the same, is the current Drama Queen trend.

There certainly seem to be a few over reactions just now, I read earlier we are heading towards obscurity, we have had worse times than this and came out of it better. Yip still head along as well but think its cause I want out the house for a while!

GoalsMcGinley
03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I was there for Miller, Duffy, Williamson, fenlon, Calderwood the lot.

This is the worst I’ve ever felt towards the club.

GreenLake
03-11-2019, 11:44 AM
I have been traveling so much that several times I missed games being out of data reception. The match thread is a real saver though and I could recap with that as soon as we touched down, got to WIFI or a decent phone signal. The performances sounded so poor I just watched the goal highlights late at night after getting drunk enough.

Must be brutal watching the whole of games with the huge drop in quality this year.

Our travels will stop after we move house next month and I expect to hunker down and watch all the games on HibsTV, painfully hoping we avoid relegation, and that someone pivots us out of the downward spiral.