PDA

View Full Version : Well done the Hibs support

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Thanks to the folk who turned out this evening to support the team. Aye we got pumped as we all feared we would, but at least you can hold your heads up and say you did what you could to make sure the team wasnt alone out there tonight, though in all honesty they probably felt like they were anyway with us being so massively outnumbered.

As for the rest ... dress it up how you want, you let the club you claim to support down tonight ... well done :aok:

JimBHibees
03-11-2019, 12:15 AM
Thanks to the folk who turned out this evening to support the team. Aye we got pumped as we all feared we would, but at least you can hold your heads up and say you did what you could to make sure the team wasnt alone out there tonight, though in all honesty they probably felt like they were anyway with us being so massively outnumbered.

As for the rest ... dress it up how you want, you let the club you claim to support down tonight ... well done :aok:

Couldn't agree more

Glory Lurker
03-11-2019, 12:19 AM
Bed time, boys :-)

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Bed time, boys :-)

Bed time nothin' mate ... Folk need to face the truth .. they come on here posting this and that about the club, the team, the manager etc etc etc. But the fact is that being a fitba fan begins and ends with supporting your team in the good times and the bad and too many of our so called fans chose to desert their club tonight .. the same so called fans who I bet were shedding tears of unbridled joy in May 2016 swearing undying love for the Hibees ... what an f'ing joke.

I couldnt give a rats arse how they try to justify it with how bad the team is our how much they hate the manager ... they were needed tonight and they crapped out ... fair weather fans, nothing more, nothing less.

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Bed time nothin' mate ... Folk need to face the truth .. they come on here posting this and that about the club, the team, the manager etc etc etc. But the fact is that being a fitba fan begins and ends with supporting your team in the good times and the bad and too many of our so called fans chose to desert their club tonight .. the same so called fans who I bet were shedding tears of unbridled joy in May 2016 swearing undying love for the Hibees ... what an f'ing joke.

I couldnt give a rats arse how they try to justify it with how bad the team is our how much they hate the manager ... they were needed tonight and they crapped out ... fair weather fans, nothing more, nothing less.

I was there but I choose to not go to games sometimes. If I'm less a fan in yours or anyone's eyes I can live with that and I probably am but I don't care either. There are people I know who will never miss a game but that's not me and I have other things I find equally as important as Hibs to be getting on with.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 12:35 AM

Ah, that old trope. We lost because the fans wernae good enough.

I didn't go and i'm delighted I didn't. Deal with it.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 12:39 AM
We didn’t lose because the fans weren’t good. Absolutely 100% nothing to do with the fans.

I want Heckingbottom our as much as anything. But folk can’t really moan about Vela no turning up when they couldn’t be bothered themselves.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 12:42 AM

Aye ok! :faf:

Captain Trips
We didn’t lose because the fans weren’t good. Absolutely 100% nothing to do with the fans.

I want Heckingbottom our as much as anything. But folk can’t really moan about Vela no turning up when they couldn’t be bothered themselves.

Folk can moan if they like if you choose to not bother with them due to not going that's up to you but everyone can say whatever they feel.

Fife-Hibee

Fans aren't paid thousands to turn up. They pay those who are given thousands each week to turn up. It's not a sensible comparison.

darwenhibby
I went tonight
Got back about an hour ago
The hibs support tonight stayed with the team
But if Heckingbottom gets his team to challenge like he did in the second half, we would live with that!
That performance and effort would have given us more points against The Hamilton Livingston Ross County Hearts of this world
Supporters might just give him a bit of slack
Heckingbottom has dug his own hole
But tonight the Hibs support stuck with the team

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 12:48 AM
I was there but I choose to not go to games sometimes. If I'm less a fan in yours or anyone's eyes I can live with that and I probably am but I don't care either. There are people I know who will never miss a game but that's not me and I have other things I find equally as important as Hibs to be getting on with.

Cool mate ... but this was a semi final, if you cant support the team at that then when?

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 12:50 AM

Fair weather fan it is then ... you deal with it :aok:

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 12:52 AM
Fans aren't paid thousands to turn up. They pay those who are given thousands each week to turn up. It's not a sensible comparison.

Not sensible, perhaps, when you’ve already stated that you’re delighted you didn’t bother.

I go week in, week out and have stated plenty times that I don’t really blame folk for not wanting to go at the moment.

A game at Hampden is just different for me. They maybe get paid, but we’re meant to be the ones with the emotional attachment to the club.

Each to their own and, as I say, I’m not being overly critical of people for choosing not to go. Still think the same folk have a bit of a cheek to then grumble about the players no turning up etc.

The Harp Awakes
03-11-2019, 12:52 AM

ST for 40 years and tonight was the 1st Hampden appearance I've missed in that time. If you think I've let the club down that's your call.

Your posts are normally the best on here but you've let yourself down tonight. Don't turn on your fellow supporters. The Club needs to act pronto. That's where the problem lies.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 12:54 AM
I went tonight
But if Heckingbottom gets his team to challenge like he did in the second half, we would live with that!
That performance and effort would have given us more points against The Hamilton Livingston Ross County Hearts of this world

They did in the second half because, despite the score line, we tried to have a go. Maybe if he occasionally asked them to do that at 0-0, rather than 0-2, he’d have a bit more support.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 12:54 AM
Aye ok! :faf:

Aye OK 'Sir David Gray' .... Oooh I was there in 2016, mind I thought we might win that day and I'm that proud the cup winning captains name is my username ... Ooo I was that proud. Mind, we're pish now so I wont bother supporting the team when the chips are down ... mind ah love the club though :faf:

darwenhibby
03-11-2019, 01:02 AM
They did in the second half because, despite the score line, we tried to have a go. Maybe if he occasionally asked them to do that at 0-0, rather than 0-2, he’d have a bit more support.

Exactly bhfc
Came away tonight feeling they did what they can
Came home from last weeks game v Ross County thinking ffs
By the time we got to rutherglen my boy is asking how do we get to Perth next week GGTTH
Answer change the manager

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 01:04 AM
ST for 40 years and tonight was the 1st Hampden appearance I've missed in that time. If you think I've let the club down that's your call.

Your posts are normally the best on here but you've let yourself down tonight. Don't turn on your fellow supporters. The Club needs to act pronto. That's where the problem lies.

I dont think I am letting myself down mate. I think I have a right to be annoyed at seeing folk who profess to be Hibs fans turning their back on the club so dramatically and in such depressingly large numbers just a few years after the club giving us the biggest day in most of our living memories. 150,000 folk on the streets to see the club parade the cup that day and as soon as the chips are down where are they?

I dont care what the circumstances are ... tonights turnout was pathetic and nothing short of an embarrassment for a club of our size.

stoneyburn hibs
03-11-2019, 01:07 AM
Aye OK 'Sir David Gray' .... Oooh I was there in 2016, mind I thought we might win that day and I'm that proud the cup winning captains name is my username ... Ooo I was that proud. Mind, we're pish now so I wont bother supporting the team when the chips are down ... mind ah love the club though :faf:

Mate your so much better than that. Your posts are as always well constructed with a lot of thought. I genuinely like reading what you have to say.
Sack tonight and start afresh when you get up.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 01:08 AM
Not sensible, perhaps, when you’ve already stated that you’re delighted you didn’t bother.

I go week in, week out and have stated plenty times that I don’t really blame folk for not wanting to go at the moment.

A game at Hampden is just different for me. They maybe get paid, but we’re meant to be the ones with the emotional attachment to the club.

Each to their own and, as I say, I’m not being overly critical of people for choosing not to go. Still think the same folk have a bit of a cheek to then grumble about the players no turning up etc.

Exactly mate .... Aye things arent great at the club just now, nobody is pretending they are least of all me. But when the team is in a semi final that should be put aside in favour of backing the team in a huge game for 90 minutes.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:09 AM

As far as i'm concerned, our club has taken advantage of blind loyalty for far too long. There's no motive to change anything as long as the money rolls in.

They're taking advantage of the emotional attatchments, rather than rewarding it. That's what disgusts me the most.

Glory Lurker
03-11-2019, 01:10 AM
Thread.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 01:16 AM
I dont think I am letting myself down mate. I think I have a right to be annoyed at seeing folk who profess to be Hibs fans turning their back on the club so dramatically and in such depressingly large numbers just a few years after the club giving us the biggest day in most of our living memories. 150,000 folk on the streets to see the club parade the cup that day and as soon as the chips are down where are they?

I dont care what the circumstances are ... tonights turnout was pathetic and nothing short of an embarrassment for a club of our size.

You've got no right to be annoyed at anyone who didn't go tonight. Folk that didn't go for whatever reason is **** all to do with you whether they've posted on here and whether you agree with their views or not. An embarrassment? Nah, there was much less at the semi final v Rangers in 2004.

Since you've come on here with the attitude that you're Hibernians greatest ever fan I'm automatically assuming that you've been to every away game this season? Friendlies and LC cup group stages included??

Lay off the booze before coming on here and having a go at the fans. They are not the reason that our club is in turmoil and fine you know it.

The Harp Awakes
03-11-2019, 01:16 AM

I agree the turnout was poor. But rather than have a go at your own supporters you need to ask yourself why.

Following Hibs has always been a rollercoaster, but in the last year we've witnessed a period of utter negligence by the custodians of the club. We have gone from an upward trajectory into a complete nosedive and urgent action is needed. This isn't about a short term dip in form. This is about people falling asleep at the wheel.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Mate your so much better than that. Your posts are as always well constructed with a lot of thought. I genuinely like reading what you have to say.
Sack tonight and start afresh when you get up.

I responded in kind to him mate. But yeh, perhaps you have a point ... I find it hard to accept that so many folk are happy to turn their backs on the club as soon as we hit a bad patch, thats not what being a fan is about for me but I suppose a lot of folk dont look at it that way and I should respect their decision to save their time and money for such times as they have a winning team to support.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:29 AM
I responded in kind to him mate. But yeh, perhaps you have a point ... I find it hard to accept that so many folk are happy to turn their backs on the club as soon as we hit a bad patch, thats not what being a fan is about for me but I suppose a lot of folk dont look at it that way and I should respect their decision to save their time and money for such times as they have a winning team to support.

It's not "turning our backs". It's trying to force the board into taking action before they damage our club even further. Do you not understand?

This isn't a "bad patch" either. It's issues that we're all too familar with as Hibs fans. A patch is a rare thing that comes and goes. This on the other hand is something that drags on for years at a time.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 02:07 AM
You've got no right to be annoyed at anyone who didn't go tonight. Folk that didn't go for whatever reason is **** all to do with you whether they've posted on here and whether you agree with their views or not. An embarrassment? Nah, there was much less at the semi final v Rangers in 2004.

Since you've come on here with the attitude that you're Hibernians greatest ever fan I'm automatically assuming that you've been to every away game this season? Friendlies and LC cup group stages included??

Lay off the booze before coming on here and having a go at the fans. They are not the reason that our club is in turmoil and fine you know it.

Naaaaaahh ...wrong. This is a fitba fans forum, the subject is fitba and the posts I make are in that context. If you are talking about 'real life' I couldnt give a rats arse where the population of Edinburgh and the Lothians were this Saturday or what they were doing. But what we are discussing here is football and specifically Hibs fans of which I am one.

Every fitba fan sets store in the support their club gets from its fanbase, they celebrate great crowds and great support and they deride poor crowds and poor support .. thats what football fans do, have done and always will do, so no offence mate but I stand by what I said. And no I dont go to many away games, but lets not pretend a bog standard away game and a big semi final are comparable, because they are not ... thats why you dont get folk, least of all me, criticizing the turnout for round one in the league cup away to some highland team north of the arctic circle and FWIW my round trip to every home game is 80 miles ... every game is pretty well a sodding away game.

Every time somebody comes on here regarding a piss poor turnout for a semi final or other vital game you get the same tired old pish about 'uber fans' etc ..... I am not claiming to be, nor have I ever claimed to be, an uber fan. I am not suggesting that folk are only decent fans if they go to every game ... I am suggesting that its a piss poor show when a fanbase thats capable of far better fails to back its team in a big game, and as a Hibs fan I have a right to do so, I'm not asking or expecting everybody to agree with me, but on the other hand I could care less if they dont ... the turnout on Saturday let down Hibs as a club and us as a support .... and that has sod all to do with blaming the fans for the teams current poor form, thats a whole different thing.

FilipinoHibs
03-11-2019, 02:37 AM
The fans sounded good on Hibs TV. Think we were down to the core. Always gone to the games. More important when we are struggling that they need our support no matter who is in charge. Always want Hibs to win or at least avoid defeat. There have been some tough times watching Hibs but the support has often help keep us up. GGTTH

Helensburghhibs
03-11-2019, 03:30 AM
It's not "turning our backs". It's trying to force the board into taking action before they damage our club even further. Do you not understand?

This isn't a "bad patch" either. It's issues that we're all too familar with as Hibs fans. A patch is a rare thing that comes and goes. This on the other hand is something that drags on for years at a time.

I'm not buying this argument. I won't have a go at anyone for choosing not to go but don't dress it up with anything other than we had little chance of winning. That's what drives wether a significant portion of "support" turn up. There will always be an alternative story for some but as the excuse used to be petrie/farmer, where was the attendance rise when they left? Or was it just convenient for these guys that the had found another reason so soon after so they haven't had to bother.

pacoluna
03-11-2019, 03:30 AM

Hear, hear

"we only sing when we are winning"

Sums up a lot of people on this forum.

sean04
03-11-2019, 03:46 AM

Completely agree! Hibs are backed in huge numbers and we are constantly let down. I’ve went to Easter road for 34 years now, 20odd years season ticket holder. I’m sick of the *****! We deserve better

May21/05/16
03-11-2019, 05:20 AM
Each fan has the right to go games if they want to I wouldn't blame them for not going I would never miss a trip to hampden as long as in healthy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 06:10 AM
Hear, hear

"we only sing when we are winning"

Sums up a lot of people on this forum.

Do you actually think people care whether they reach your standards of attendance?

theonlywayisup
03-11-2019, 06:17 AM
I thought that the fans who turned up yesterday were excellent. Very supportive of the team.

The fans that chose not to attend might have had good valid reasons for not attending, but the atmosphere was certainly better without them.

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 06:18 AM
I thought that the fans who turned up yesterday were excellent. Very supportive of the team.

The fans that chose not to attend might have had good valid reasons for not attending, but the atmosphere was certainly better without them.

You know that how?

theonlywayisup
03-11-2019, 06:28 AM

It's a cup semi final! Do you not understand?

Any actions to force the board should be reserved for league games. Not a cup semi final at Hampden.

theonlywayisup
03-11-2019, 06:29 AM
You know that how?

I was there!

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 06:37 AM

How many fans who currently have a season ticket and plough £1000s into the club didn't go do you think? I do not have a season ticket and haven't been to every game but I was there, I haven't ploughed as much hard earned money into the club as many who never went already have.

There are plenty of people far more loyal than me who didn't attend and I have no desire or need to question that. I went it suited me that's what matters to me. We lost we were not good enough that is it.

"claim to support" that comment will very likely involve season ticket holders who I believe are the lifeblood of club. You saying some season ticket holders "claim to support" the club?

This will be why we lost 6-1 at Ibrox then because we were massively outnumbered.

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 06:41 AM
I was there!

That's not an answer you said it was better without people there. How can you know that? The answer is you can't, being there doesn't let you know what the atmosphere "could" have been if 4 or 5k more fans were there.

It is not possible to know it. It's a complete guess.

Lee Marvin
03-11-2019, 07:14 AM

You have had a shocker tonight.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 07:19 AM

Aye that'll be right since i'm going to Perth next week. Just stop it, you're embarrassing yourself. :faf:

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 07:19 AM
I didn’t go.
Season ticket holder.
Hecky has taken all the excitement out being a hibby as it stands. No desire to spend all day in Glasgow watching that in person.

As I say respect to all fans that went. But £30 to watch that at this close to Christmas, not justified, hard enough attending on a Saturday and that’s paid for.

Hecky out pronto

Carheenlea
03-11-2019, 07:21 AM

I’m sure you have said before that you don’t normally go to away games? Correct me if I’m wrong.

There will be a big game next week up at Perth and will be lucky if 1500 will be there - will everyone who doesn’t go to that one be disgraced and letting the club down?

Fans tend to judge others with a marker based on what games they attend themselves.
Not at game yourself? - Join in with threads listing the excuses for not going and justifying your own.
At a game yourself? - Anybody who wasn’t is not a true fan.

Home and a bit emotional after a long day on the ale? - probably best not to post on social media...

Lee Marvin
03-11-2019, 07:22 AM
I stopped giving a sh ite when the board stopped giving a sh ite. Season ticket holder who didn't go to one game this week out of 3.

I wont be back until the board show me they actually care about this club.

How you feel about that Nae Nookie?

Brizo
03-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Pompous tw@t gets pished and posts pish.

Didn't go …. first Hampden appearance ive missed since 1979 but hey i'm just a fair weather fan :greengrin

Sudds_1
03-11-2019, 07:30 AM

Spot on. Outsung the unwashed right to the very end. And let down again.

Leith Green
03-11-2019, 07:32 AM
How many fans who currently have a season ticket and plough £1000s into the club didn't go do you think? I do not have a season ticket and haven't been to every game but I was there, I haven't ploughed as much hard earned money into the club as many who never went already have.

There are plenty of people far more loyal than me who didn't attend and I have no desire or need to question that. I went it suited me that's what matters to me. We lost we were not good enough that is it.

"claim to support" that comment will very likely involve season ticket holders who I believe are the lifeblood of club. You saying some season ticket holders "claim to support" the club?

This will be why we lost 6-1 at Ibrox then because we were massively outnumbered.

Exactly... There were guys there yesterday who hardly go to Easter road and plenty who have season tickets who didnt bother ... Who is the better supporter?

Doh Rae Me
03-11-2019, 07:35 AM
I can fully understand where the OP is coming from and maybe his view will have changed slightly from last night.

I'm a walk up, who wont be back till Hecky is offski, the disconnect I feel from the club in a year is scary.
New missing owner, silent CEO, clueless manager and a team with too many incompetent players.
My frustrations over the above leave me only 1 option that I believe the club will notice and that is withholding all money to them. So I didn't go yesterday and will be nowhere near ER till things change.

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Why do so many people give so much of a **** about people theyve never met before going to a game or football or not? Honestly its embarrassing the amount of people on here wanting to dig at fellow hibs fans for chosing not to go to a game at the minute. People can do what they want and dont need lectured by others for not being there. And i say that as someone who was there. Grow up.

Sammy7nil
03-11-2019, 08:02 AM
Another uber fan thread :confused:

Scottish football does nothing to sell its self we had one dominant team now we have two. We play in wet cold windy weather in a terrible National stadium that is a nightmare to get back to Edinburgh from because we have a Celtic and rangers end. The cost of a day out for a father and a seven year would see next to no change from £100. The whole family could go to the cinema , ten min bowling have a burger and a few drinks for less.

And we wonder why folk don't want to go a game that Hibs will be pumped in and going home with a disappointed and upset bairn.

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 08:03 AM
I was there, thats all that matters to me now.

Understand the frustration of people who aren't attending, but I will go regardless. Do I get my medal soon?:greengrin

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 08:06 AM

Thanks, most kind

:greengrin

bigwheel
03-11-2019, 08:10 AM
I was there, thats all that matters to me now.

Understand the frustration of people who aren't attending, but I will go regardless. Do I get my medal soon?:greengrin

People can make their own choices ..I have no issues with anyone who chooses to do something else with their time ...those who want to follow Hibs, can afford it, and have the time..then following them through thick and thin is part of the journey.

Looking forward to Perth ...if we lose, will be the end of the road for management team imho...

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 08:13 AM
People can make their own choices ..I have no issues with anyone who chooses to do something else with their time ...those who want to follow Hibs, can afford it, and have the time..then following them through thick and thin is part of the journey.

Looking forward to Perth ...if we lose, will be the end of the road for management team imho...

Spot on M. Money, families, life in general is just some reasons, no-one needs to say why they can't attend. We can through choice and money. Just makes us look older through the stress:cb

SlickShoes
03-11-2019, 08:16 AM
If our fans are so bad then how come we take more away fans to some teams home games and still lose? How come teams bring 40 fans to Easter road that may as well be invisible and they still beat us?

It’s down to the players, if it was related to the fans we’d never have let Livi win the CIS cup in 2004 or whenever it was.

All this posturing over fellow supporters is just to make yourself feel better, everyone supports the club in different ways, I’ve not been to more than a couple of games for years because I live in Switzerland but I still pay about the same money as I ever did every year, even if I can’t be there in person.

munchar
03-11-2019, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5976458]Bed time nothin' mate ... Folk need to face the truth .. they come on here posting this and that about the club, the team, the manager etc etc etc. But the fact is that being a fitba fan begins and ends with supporting your team in the good times and the bad and too many of our so called fans chose to desert their club tonight .. the same so called fans who I bet were shedding tears of unbridled joy in May 2016 swearing undying love for the Hibees ... what an f'ing joke.

I couldnt give a rats arse how they try to justify it with how bad the team is our how much they hate the manager ... they were needed tonight and they crapped out ... fair weather fans, nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOT

Irrespective of how poorly the manager, board & team are doing, I will ALLWAYS support the team. Booked a 70 seat bus, knowing it might be half empty & cost me, but ended up full. Our usual pre match party 🎉 🎈 🥳 in Shettleston Juniors, where once again we were treated fantastically. Driver dropping everyone at Celtic end, then scrambling to find people after the game. Only 1 missing! 😂 We should all live for these occasions.

We’ll support you ever more GGTTH 🇳🇬💚⚽️

jeffers
03-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Piss poor thread and the OP lost all credibility when he admitted he doesn't go to all away games, but as he was there last night felt he had the right to have a go at the fans who weren't. My days of going home and away every week have been and gone, I don't need other Hibs supporters to tell me what a good or bad fan I am. For those who did go last night though well done, you clearly backed the team and were heard loud and clear on the tv.

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 08:31 AM
Piss poor thread and the OP lost all credibility when he admitted he doesn't go to all away games, but as he was there last night felt he had the right to have a go at the fans who weren't. My days of going home and away every week have been and gone, I don't need other Hibs supporters to tell me what a good or bad fan I am. For those who did go last night though well done, you clearly backed the team and were heard loud and clear on the tv.

:top marks

GaryOsCheerios
03-11-2019, 08:39 AM
The old Im a bigger and better fan than you approach. Intresting.

If people dont want to or cant afford to spend the guts of £100 quid and sink the time in getting to Hampden, based on the dross thats been served up this season then I think thats fair enough.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 08:42 AM

And tries to justify not going to aways because he says he has an 80 mile round trip just for home games. The OP chooses to live so far away.

Since90+2
03-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Grown men arguing over whether complete strangers attend a football game or not. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2019, 08:43 AM
I couldn’t imagine missing a Hibs game at Hampden. Folk didn’t want to go fine but posters on other threads boasting about not being there and what whisky they’re drinking watching the game is embarrassing.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2019, 08:47 AM
I went to Ascot rather than Hampden. Had a great day and don't feel the least bit guilty about leaving the poor wee lambs in our team all alone out on the pitch.

I've done my stint watching us lose semi finals to the likes of Ayr, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd as well as the obligatory humpings by Rangers, Celtic and Hearts and I'll do so again. If I've let Hibs down so be it, I can live with it. They have let me down far more often this season.

loanheadhibby
03-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Grown men arguing over whether complete strangers attend a football game or not. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.

Agreed. Saddest thing I've read in a long time. At least we now know who Hibernians greatest supporter is. It's all the fans fault.

Sioux
03-11-2019, 09:00 AM
And tries to justify not going to aways because he says he has an 80 mile round trip just for home games. The OP chooses to live so far away.

:faf::faf::faf:

You come out with some nonsense Mr Uberfan.

Anthony Soprano
03-11-2019, 09:08 AM

Nah you're wrong the players on the pitch let the club down, the manager let the club down, Leanne Dempster is letting the club down by keeping this c*** employed, nothing to do with the fans, we could of had 100,000 there tonight and we still would of got pumped because we're absolutely s****

Jim44
03-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Exactly. Especially when the schoolboy argument is ‘ shame on you for not being there but, anyway, it’s just as well you weren’t there ‘cos it’s better without you. Ooh, how hurtful!!! :greengrin

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Exactly. Especially when the schoolboy argument is ‘ shame on you for not being there but, anyway, it’s just as well you weren’t there ‘cos it’s better without you. Ooh, how hurtful!!! :greengrin

Its a good job you weren't there because you weren't getting to come anyway, and if you had come we wouldn't have been there.

heretoday
03-11-2019, 09:27 AM
You have to be there if you're a Hibs supporter. It's a semi-final.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it.

flash
03-11-2019, 09:29 AM
I went to Ascot rather than Hampden. Had a great day and don't feel the least bit guilty about leaving the poor wee lambs in our team all alone out on the pitch.

I've done my stint watching us lose semi finals to the likes of Ayr, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd as well as the obligatory humpings by Rangers, Celtic and Hearts and I'll do so again. If I've let Hibs down so be it, I can live with it. They have let me down far more often this season.

You just swapped one sporting occasion populated by loads of coke fuelled erses for another.:wink:

Pete
03-11-2019, 09:34 AM
So Paul Heckingbottom was right.

People were bored of going to Hampden so they went elsewhere.

Credit where it's due.

percy veer
03-11-2019, 09:34 AM
I didn’t go.
Season ticket holder.
Hecky has taken all the excitement out being a hibby as it stands. No desire to spend all day in Glasgow watching that in person.

As I say respect to all fans that went. But £30 to watch that at this close to Christmas, not justified, hard enough attending on a Saturday and that’s paid for.

Hecky out pronto

close to Christmas , I think that's the best excuse yet.

Pete
03-11-2019, 09:36 AM

🤣 Its just as well we didn't reach the final. We'd have even less people there.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 09:51 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

You come out with some nonsense Mr Uberfan.

Aye no bother mate, you can't moan about not going to every game because you live so far away... especially when you are having a pop at fans for not going to an away game.

hibsmad
03-11-2019, 10:02 AM
I don't understand what people can't get their heads around. It's the size of club we are, there's no point in getting frustrated or upset about it.

If we are doing well then we could sell 40k tickets, and if we are not playing well we might only take 8k.

Some clubs could have 200k wanting tickets during good times and only 50k during bad. Or some could take 10k on a good day and 2k on a bad one.

Just accept the size of fan base we have.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Nailed it. The Hibs supporters turned out yesterday. The fairweather ''fans'' didn't

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Kids Christmas will always come first. Thanks for feedback though.

The Modfather
03-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Nailed it. The Hibs supporters turned out yesterday. The fairweather ''fans'' didn't

Hibs should bring out a range of fair weather fans merchandise, the target market is growing. Could be very lucrative.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 10:47 AM
I'm not buying this argument. I won't have a go at anyone for choosing not to go but don't dress it up with anything other than we had little chance of winning. That's what drives wether a significant portion of "support" turn up. There will always be an alternative story for some but as the excuse used to be petrie/farmer, where was the attendance rise when they left? Or was it just convenient for these guys that the had found another reason so soon after so they haven't had to bother.

That's absolute crap. I've been to plenty of Hibs games over the years where we've had virtually no chance of winning. This isn't about the winning or losing of a single match. It's about forcing our club into action before it fades away into obscurity.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 11:07 AM
That's absolute crap. I've been to plenty of Hibs games over the years where we've had virtually no chance of winning. This isn't about the winning or losing of a single match. It's about forcing our club into action before it fades away into obscurity.

You think Hibs are going to fade away into obscrurity? The only way that happens is if people stop turning up. No amount of bad results will ever make Hibs fade away.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:17 AM
You think Hibs are going to fade away into obscrurity? The only way that happens is if people stop turning up. No amount of bad results will ever make Hibs fade away.

Well that's exactly what the board are banking on. "It doesn't matter if Hibs become a midtable championship side, because fans will still throw their money at us regardless."

But they're wrong. Fans can only take so much punishment. Whether you agree with fans not turning up or not doesn't matter. Because we both know that fans WILL stop turning up if things don't drastically improve.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 11:33 AM
Well that's exactly what the board are banking on. "It doesn't matter if Hibs become a midtable championship side, because fans will still throw their money at us regardless."

But they're wrong. Fans can only take so much punishment. Whether you agree with fans not turning up or not doesn't matter. Because we both know that fans WILL stop turning up if things don't drastically improve.

Hibs have never and will never be a mid table championship side. The board do not want that and wouldn't let it happen. The fans wouldn't let that happen. The board aren't banking on fans turning up regardless. That is a nonsense claim based on nothing.

2 good transfer windows and a decent new manager and we're absolutely fine again. Stop the hysterics. He'll be out soon and we'll be moving forward.

Irish-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:35 AM
I love how people say "I'm not giving anymore money to the club because I don't agree with what they are doing"..that will work alright! Same people will be complaining when we don't sign new players because we can't afford to!

And before people say our signings have been *****. Yes they have! But every club signs ***** players at times. Signing these lower league english league players hasn't worked but you learn from this. It hopefully won't happen again! If it does then fair enough, that is the time for change, not after one transfer window!

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Hibs have never and will never be a mid table championship side. The board do not want that and wouldn't let it happen. The fans wouldn't let that happen. The board aren't banking on fans turning up regardless. That is a nonsense claim based on nothing.

2 good transfer windows and a decent new manager and we're absolutely fine again. Stop the hysterics. He'll be out soon and we'll be moving forward.

Yeah yeah, i've heard it so many times. "Things will get better". "You've just got to be patient". "You're expecting too much for the 3rd/4th largest club in Scottish Football."

It's all talk.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Yeah yeah, i've heard it so many times. "Things will get better". "You've just got to be patient". "You're expecting too much for the 3rd/4th largest club in Scottish Football."

It's all talk.

I did not say any of that. Everything you are saying it just talk as well, based on absolutely nothing.

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I did not say any of that. Everything you are saying it just talk as well, based on absolutely nothing.

To be fair you did say “2 good transfer windows and a decent new manager and we're absolutely fine again. Stop the hysterics. He'll be out soon and we'll be moving forward”

That surely says things will get better no?

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I love how people say "I'm not giving anymore money to the club because I don't agree with what they are doing"..that will work alright! Same people will be complaining when we don't sign new players because we can't afford to!

And before people say our signings have been *****. Yes they have! But every club signs ***** players at times. Signing these lower league english league players hasn't worked but you learn from this. It hopefully won't happen again! If it does then fair enough, that is the time for change, not after one transfer window!

Except we can afford to sign new players. Our new owner isn't exactly living on the bread line. He has the opportunity to show that he cares and is actually serious about taking the club forward. There's nothing to stop him investing in the club right now, then getting his money back later from boosted attendances.

But i'm getting the impression that he's fed up with his new toy already.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 11:40 AM
To be fair you did say “2 good transfer windows and a decent new manager and we're absolutely fine again. Stop the hysterics. He'll be out soon and we'll be moving forward”

Things will get better, that is a fact. Bet my ****ing life things get better than they have been recently.

Leith Green
03-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Absolute bollocks ... I know scores and scores of season ticket holders , hardly any of them went through yesterday. I seem to remember a time when the fair weather fans were the ones kicking about at semis and finals.

For what its worth , calling season ticket holders and longstanding hibs supporters ad fair weather fans is so cringeworthy its unbelievable

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Things will get better, that is a fact. Bet my ****ing life things get better than they have been recently.

Things get better for a season, then they're horrific for another 7 or 8 seasons. The only time proactive action seems to be taken is after we're relegated. Never before it.

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2019, 11:44 AM

That may well be true however I was responding to the “I never said any of that” part

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Absolute bollocks ... I know scores and scores of season ticket holders , hardly any of them went through yesterday. I seem to remember a time when the fair weather fans were the ones kicking about at semis and finals.

For what its worth , calling season ticket holders and longstanding hibs supporters ad fair weather fans is so cringeworthy its unbelievable

So why didnt they bother? It us surely related to the lack of winning recently?

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 11:56 AM

They didn't bother, because they want the board to take action. Action that simply won't happen as long as the money keeps rolling in.

If fans stop going, the board will miraculously find money from somewhere (they always do when this happens) to bring fans back to the club again.

SickBoy32
03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Holier than thou fans are ****s.

This ‘team’ got way more support than they deserved last night.

green day
03-11-2019, 12:47 PM

Not for me it wasnt.

My wife arranged something with friends of ours at the beginning of 2019 - and I wasnt prepared to cancel that and screw up her day.

Whereas, the Ross County match and the Livi match, there were half a dozen ST seats near me empty - that is a bigger barometer of how "lack of winning recently" impacts on fans rather than yesterday.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Had time to reflect after last nights OP and I do have a regret :embarrass In one post I said I hope yer framed 2016 cup final programme falls off the wall and kills yer cat. I didnt mean that, I love animals and especially cats so apologies to anybody who was offended by it.

I'm_cabbaged
03-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Had time to reflect after last nights OP and I do have a regret :embarrass In one post I said I hope yer framed 2016 cup final programme falls off the wall and kills yer cat. I didnt mean that, I love animals and especially cats so apologies to anybody who was offended by it.

😂

Pete
03-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Holier than thou fans are ****s.

This ‘team’ got way more support than they deserved last night.

Nonsense. The hibs team on the park always deserve support.

hibeerealist
03-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Give it a rest, you want a ****ing knighthood cos you went to a semi at hampden????

Fans have every right to protest against the s h ite that is being produced and played in our clubs colours and if they choose to do that by refusing to attend a semi in the weedge so be it. It certainly does not follow that you are a better fan than them.

Lee Marvin
03-11-2019, 01:17 PM

The only thing more embarrassing than your initial pissed up post is admitting you only have one regret about it.

You going next week?

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:18 PM
This logic is absolutely dreadful because there isn't one football team, even one business, that makes more money when their performance is poor. Hibs makes more money by winning, THE BOARD OBVIOUSLY WANT US TO WIN

:faf: Okay then mate. Think you need to calm yourself down a little.

Hibs don't need to make money right now for investment. There is an owner with plenty of it. Either he puts up or shuts ups..... although it appears he's already chosen the shut up option.

It's not the responsibility of the fans to reward a club that's failing at all levels.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Not for me it wasnt.

My wife arranged something with friends of ours at the beginning of 2019 - and I wasnt prepared to cancel that and screw up her day.

Whereas, the Ross County match and the Livi match, there were half a dozen ST seats near me empty - that is a bigger barometer of how "lack of winning recently" impacts on fans rather than yesterday.

So you had a perfectly valid reason then? No one said there was anything wrong with that.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Hibs don't need to make money right now for investment. There is an owner with plenty of it. Either he puts up or shuts ups..... although it appears he's already chosen the shut up option.

It's not the responsibility of the fans to reward a club that's failing at all levels.

The owner isn't going to invest mate. That doesn't mean he is shutting up. Very few football clubs have massive investment from owners.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:23 PM
The owner isn't going to invest mate. That doesn't mean he is shutting up. Very few football clubs have massive investment from owners.

Most clubs don't require it. Most clubs aren't in the mess we're in. Fans are not going to continue to invest in a failing product, just because those in charge of the product can't get it right.

We can talk about emotional attachments all we like, but the board can only milk that for so long before people think **** it, i've had enough.

green day
03-11-2019, 01:23 PM
So you had a perfectly valid reason then? No one said there was anything wrong with that.

To paraphrase the OP - if you went you are a hero, if you didnt you were a zero.

A bit disappointing, as it tarred everyone with the same brush.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Most clubs don't require it. Most clubs aren't in the mess we're in. Fans are not going to continue to invest in a failing product, just because those in charge of the product can't get it right.

We can talk about emotional attachments all we like, but the board can only milk that for so long before people think **** it, i've had enough.

We didn't need massive investment to win the SCottish cup from a horrendous position. WE don't need it now. We need to make consistent progress, get a good manager in place and sign some good players who are within our budget (which is more than enough to build a good side)

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:27 PM
We didn't need massive investment to win the SCottish cup from a horrendous position. WE don't need it now. We need to make consistent progress, get a good manager in place and sign some good players who are within our budget (which is more than enough to build a good side)

We do need it. Because we're currently lumped with players and a manager who aren't up to snatch on long term contracts. So it's not just as simple as bringing in a good manager and good players, we have to pay off the passengers we have right now as well.

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Some people really don't like being called out on how ***** a supporter they are, do they?

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Some people really don't like being called out on how ***** a supporter they are, do they?

You'd think a supporter would want what was best for the club. Perhaps you can explain to me how throwing money at a broken system at the club is in the best interests of the club?

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 01:39 PM
I went tonight

Agree with this. At least we showed a bit of fight and passion in the 2nd half.

As for the fans last night, I thought we were tremendous supporters of our club. As noisy as we could be and a really boisterous atmosphere before the game kicked off and until the stuffing was knocked out of us at 2-0 but at 2-1 & 4-2 the support did everything we could to lift the team.

Was gutted with the result of course but pleased me and the laddie went as it was real ‘big game atmosphere’ made by those who did go.

As for going or not going, to me that’s each individual’s choice. For some it will have been a tough decision either way and for some no decision at all.

The Modfather
03-11-2019, 01:41 PM

It’s almost as if strangers on the internet castigating other strangers for their disapproval in how they choose to spend their time and money would get some people’s backs up.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 02:12 PM
The only thing more embarrassing than your initial pissed up post is admitting you only have one regret about it.

You going next week?

In your opinion. If you read the thread not everybody disagreed with me and I'm not in the slightest bit embarrassed by it. And no I'm not going next week, lets not pretend comparing attendance at a bog standard league game with the semi final of one of the only two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning isnt comparing apples and oranges, because it is. FWIW if the game next week was at the end of the season and the result was pivotal to our chance of avoiding the bottom two I certainly would be there if I could get a ticket.

This is where I dont get the 'uber fan' criticism of my post. The whole point is that games like that one are the sort of games where you shouldnt have to be an uber fan or anything like one to want to attend it, nobody was asking folk to be uber fans, least of all me .... In fact if I recall correctly is it not true that when we have had 17 and 18 thousand attendances at Hampden semis in the recent past you have had a lot of folk moaning about 'day trippers' ... if you ask me we could have done with them last night, they would have been most welcome.

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 02:15 PM
In your opinion. If you read the thread not everybody disagreed with me and I'm not in the slightest bit embarrassed by it. And no I'm not going next week, lets not pretend comparing attendance at a bog standard league game with the semi final of one of the only two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning isnt comparing apples and oranges, because it is. FWIW if the game next week was at the end of the season and the result was pivotal to our chance of avoiding the bottom two I certainly would be there if I could get a ticket.

This is where I dont get the 'uber fan' criticism of my post. The whole point is that games like that one are the sort of games where you shouldnt have to be an uber fan or anything like one to want to attend it, nobody was asking folk to be uber fans, least of all me .... In fact if I recall correctly is it not true that when we have had 17 and 18 thousand attendances at Hampden semis in the recent past you have had a lot of folk moaning about 'day trippers' ... if you ask me we could have done with them last night, they would have been most welcome.

No Hibs match is bog standard, either go or don't go, but you can't bemoan yesterday's crowd, when you are not going next week can you?

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 02:18 PM
No Hibs match is bog standard, either go or don't go, but you can't bemoan yesterday's crowd, when you are not going next week can you?

Well said, ridiculous comments by the OP.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2019, 02:25 PM
We do need it. Because we're currently lumped with players and a manager who aren't up to snatch on long term contracts. So it's not just as simple as bringing in a good manager and good players, we have to pay off the passengers we have right now as well.

So you are expecting him to sign 7/8 players and pay off 7/8? Never going to happen. Most likely we'll sign 3/4, get rid of 3/4 and improve the ones who are still here.

hfc rd
03-11-2019, 02:31 PM

Then that doesn’t give you the right to criticise any Hibs fan that wasn’t there last night if you aren’t going next week.

Ridiculous.

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 02:35 PM
I keep hearing the "our tune" music reading this.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 02:45 PM

Every, and I mean every, football club operates under the same circumstances. Its core support attends home matches with a proportion of that support also attending every away match and a few who pick and choose certain away games. When the club reaches a semi final or final thats when it looks to the core support to step up and ensure it has a healthy backing at whatever neutral venue the game is being played at.

I am one of that core support who goes to every home game semi finals or finals and the odd quarter final ... I never look to get a ticket for Tynecastle because I feel that opportunity in fairness should be left to the folk who do attend every away game. In that context I think I have every right to criticise what was a failure on the part of the club's 'core' support .... not its uber fans who follow it every weekend .... its core support.

In order to be able to sustain my current level of support I clean bogs for 10, sometimes 20, hours a week, and only for that reason, without the fitba to pay for I could be fully retired and never have to clean a ****ty lavvy again. I doubt my commitment can be questioned away games or not, but even then I dont consider myself to be an uber fan and as I've said I'm not asking folk to be one, because lets face it supporting your club in a semi final isnt even in that ball park.

Itsnoteasy
03-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Just wondering if you copy & paste this post, as we don't ever seem to have a great turn out for semis.

So as a whole the support is consistent.

As for finals that's a different ball game.

Keith_M
03-11-2019, 02:58 PM
If you'd left it at just praising those that turned up and backed the side, I don't think anybody could have argued.

CLASS OF 72 -73
03-11-2019, 03:05 PM
I went tonight

dito just back to Liverpool. Fans were as good as they could be vastly outnumbered and on the field out played. Proud to be a first green. Well done fellow fans that took the trouble.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Do the folk who turned up and then walked out early, argued amongst themselves or hurled abuse at our dug out get a well done as well? Or are they exempt? What about people who were pished? Or people who went but didn't join in with the singing?

There's clearly so many rules and regulations to supporting Hibs that I think we need a list so we can be clear about which tier we fall into and act accordingly.

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 03:15 PM
If you'd left it at just praising those that turned up and backed the side, I don't think anybody could have argued.

I think that praise was implied mate. But hell, I needed to vent as some sort of payback for the way my heart sank when I got into the stadium and having my thought that we hadnt done too badly ticket wise rammed down my throat when I realised the packed north half of the west stand was actually Celtic fans and the 3/4 filled south half was all we had brought. And I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who felt that way.

FWIW the very last thought on my mind when I posted was that everybody was going to agree with me, lets face it this isnt exactly the first time a thread like mine has appeared on this forum :greengrin

Captain Trips
03-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Do the folk who turned up and then walked out early, argued amongst themselves or hurled abuse at our dug out get a well done as well? Or are they exempt? What about people who were pished? Or people who went but didn't join in with the singing?

There's clearly so many rules and regulations to supporting Hibs that I think we need a list so we can be clear about which tier we fall into and act accordingly.

Good shout PB let's get the MS Excel worksheet out and start.

The Modfather
03-11-2019, 03:27 PM

It’s difficult to keep up. I remember a time when you were called a glory hunter and a day tripper for the only away games you went to being semi finals and finals. Now it appears you’re in the Uber fans camp and those that go to away league games but didn’t go last night are the fair weather fans.

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 03:37 PM
If you could afford to go yesterday, and the only reason you chose not to was "we're pish", then personally I think that's a shame. We're never going to be as well-supported as the Old Firm, but when we're good again, what right will we have to demand more tickets at Hampden? It was a game at a convenient, popular kickoff time yesterday (many fans have long been calling for Saturday teatime games to be more of a thing in Scottish football), at a stadium that isn't too far from Edinburgh.

Like I say, I'm not looking down on anyone who didn't go, and people will have had their own reasons for not, but if that reason was simply "**** that, we're rubbish", then in the long term, I don't think it helps. The board know our anger at the current situation, and there was no 'boycott' to speak of, it was more people not wanting to see us getting skelped by Celtic, which I understand, but it's still a big shame for me

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Just wondering if you copy & paste this post, as we don't ever seem to have a great turn out for semis.

So as a whole the support is consistent.

As for finals that's a different ball game.

We have had pretty good, sometimes excellent, turnouts for semis since 2014 with the major exception being the last time we played Celtic at Hampden. I honestly didnt think that with nearly 13,000 season ticket holders on the books no matter how badly we have been playing that we could do worse than that day, and yet with a kick off time that was on a Saturday and in my opinion infinitely better than the usual 12:30 we always seem to get and better weather as well we still managed to.

I fail to see how anybody cant be disappointed about that, Hampden is 40 miles along the road for goodness sake and yet the way some folk go on you would think it was in the Orkneys ... an open adult return ticket on the train was £12:50.

Since452
03-11-2019, 03:42 PM
I don't think I've ever decided to not go to a game because we're pish. Certainly not a cup semi final. They're the games/occasions you live for. Plenty of other reasons I've not gone but being crap isn't one of them

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 03:43 PM
We have had pretty good, sometimes excellent, turnouts for semis since 2014 with the major exception being the last time we played Celtic at Hampden. I honestly didnt think that with nearly 13,000 season ticket holders on the books no matter how badly we have been playing that we could do worse than that day, and yet with a kick off time that was on a Saturday and in my opinion infinitely better than the usual 12:30 we always seem to get and better weather as well we still managed to.

I fail to see how anybody cant be disappointed about that, Hampden is 40 miles along the road for goodness sake and yet the way some folk go on you would think it was in the Orkneys ... an open adult return ticket on the train was £12:50.

I do think the winter semi-finals don't help, if it was sunny April, I'm sure we'd see much better numbers - even if we were still playing badly

greenlex
03-11-2019, 03:56 PM
If you could afford to go yesterday, and the only reason you chose not to was "we're pish", then personally I think that's a shame. We're never going to be as well-supported as the Old Firm, but when we're good again, what right will we have to demand more tickets at Hampden? It was a game at a convenient, popular kickoff time yesterday (many fans have long been calling for Saturday teatime games to be more of a thing in Scottish football), at a stadium that isn't too far from Edinburgh.

Like I say, I'm not looking down on anyone who didn't go, and people will have had their own reasons for not, but if that reason was simply "**** that, we're rubbish", then in the long term, I don't think it helps. The board know our anger at the current situation, and there was no 'boycott' to speak of, it was more people not wanting to see us getting skelped by Celtic, which I understand, but it's still a big shame for me
The kick off time was neither popular or convenient at a stadium that’s parking is likewise inconvenient and unpopular.

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 03:58 PM
The kick off time was neither popular or convenient at a stadium that’s parking is likewise inconvenient and unpopular.

Oh come on, every single time we've played an early kickoff at Hampden, people have said "why can't it be at teatime instead?!", now we get a teatime kickoff and hardly anyone goes. Parking might not be great at Hampden, but it takes the best part of an hour by train from Edinburgh.

I don't get when else you'd realistically want the kickoff to be? Considering it cannot be a Saturday 3pm as it's on the tele

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 04:00 PM
The main point is this by the way, this is why we need a loyalty points system in place (and yes, I will call it loyalty points, because that it is what it rewards - loyalty)

If you decided not to go to Hampden yesterday (when you could afford to and would have if we were any good), then why should you expect a chance at first dibs on tickets when we're decent again?

Glory Lurker
03-11-2019, 04:03 PM
The main point is this by the way, this is why we need a loyalty points system in place (and yes, I will call it loyalty points, because that it is what it rewards - loyalty)

If you decided not to go to Hampden yesterday (when you could afford to and would have if we were any good), then why should you expect a chance at first dibs on tickets when we're decent again?

Because I've got a season ticket, and have done for years - including all four years of last two first division runs?

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Because I've got a season ticket, and have done for years - including all four years of last two first division runs?

And that entitles you to go to every home league game and sit in the same seat, nothing else. You should obviously have priority over people who do not have a season ticket but go to more away games than yourself, but those who have a season ticket *and* go to games like yesterday when we're ***** and certain to get beaten heavily deserve priority for big away games going forward where demand exceeds supply

greenlex
03-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Oh come on, every single time we've played an early kickoff at Hampden, people have said "why can't it be at teatime instead?!", now we get a teatime kickoff and hardly anyone goes. Parking might not be great at Hampden, but it takes the best part of an hour by train from Edinburgh.

I don't get when else you'd realistically want the kickoff to be? Considering it cannot be a Saturday 3pm as it's on the tele

Too disinterested to get into a debate about kick off times but we manage more going at early kick off times. You were claiming the teatime kick it was popular. It wasn’t that was the point I was making.
Train from Edinburgh to glasgow is rapid and plentiful. That’s great if you’d starting point is Edinburgh it anywhere along the route. Not if you have to travel a bit to get to the train.
TV? I’d tell them to bolt.

Glory Lurker
03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
And that entitles you to go to every home league game and sit in the same seat, nothing else. You should obviously have priority over people who do not have a season ticket but go to more away games than yourself, but those who have a season ticket *and* go to games like yesterday when we're ***** and certain to get beaten heavily deserve priority for big away games going forward where demand exceeds supply

I don't disagree, but AST takes care of it?

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 04:27 PM
It was a game at a convenient, popular kickoff time yesterday (many fans have long been calling for Saturday teatime games to be more of a thing in Scottish football), at a stadium that isn't too far from Edinburgh.

Personally I prefer lunchtime KO but that bits neither here nor there.

Hampden is far from convenient either regardless of its proximity to Edinburgh. It’s a brutal ground to get to by car regardless of what end we are housed in. It is a brutal stadium to get parked at.

More so when we are housed in the “Rangers end” as we were last night. I parked a mile away (not that big an issue) outside The parking exclusion zone but getting in coming off the M74 was its usual ridiculous self and getting out was even worse, so much so that I gave up trying to get east around the environs of the ground and ended up going straight west to join the M8 at the Ibrox Junction.

Sadly we have Mr. Haughty to thank for ensuring this misery continues for years to come when he ensured the opportunity for the national games to be united at one stadium in the capital city was quashed as he just couldn’t bear the concept.

Having said that the thought of hordes of ugly sisters fans marauding around the capital spewing their bile on cup final days doesn’t fill me with joy anyway so maybe not all bad...

On that note did everyone enjoy the chants of “Oh Ah Up The Ra, Say Oh Ah Up The RA” we were subjected to last night? None of which will even be acknowledged by the SFA or SPFL let alone investigated.

Itsnoteasy
03-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Every, and I mean every, football club operates under the same circumstances. Its core support attends home matches with a proportion of that support also attending every away match and a few who pick and choose certain away games. When the club reaches a semi final or final thats when it looks to the core support to step up and ensure it has a healthy backing at whatever neutral venue the game is being played at.

I am one of that core support who goes to every home game semi finals or finals and the odd quarter final ... I never look to get a ticket for Tynecastle because I feel that opportunity in fairness should be left to the folk who do attend every away game. In that context I think I have every right to criticise what was a failure on the part of the club's 'core' support .... not its uber fans who follow it every weekend .... its core support.

In order to be able to sustain my current level of support I clean bogs for 10, sometimes 20, hours a week, and only for that reason, without the fitba to pay for I could be fully retired and never have to clean a ****ty lavvy again. I doubt my commitment can be questioned away games or not, but even then I dont consider myself to be an uber fan and as I've said I'm not asking folk to be one, because lets face it supporting your club in a semi final isnt even in that ball park.

There are approx 3600 tickets for away at Tynie. We probably have a core of 1000 that attend away matches. So how can you say you don't want a ticket for this fixture as you will be depriving someone who attends all away matches. That leaves 2600 left for the TYNECASTLE day trippers.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 04:44 PM
There are approx 3600 tickets for away at Tynie. We probably have a core of 1000 that attend away matches. So how can you say you don't want a ticket for this fixture as you will be depriving someone who attends all away matches. That leaves 2600 left for the TYNECASTLE day trippers.

Its day trippers and coke sniffers that attend tyne now.

basehibby
03-11-2019, 05:16 PM

:top marksI wasn't at Ascot but could not have put it better than the bit in bold. I wasn't there last night but I'll be back - when it suits me BTW - the OP can do one :na na:

Jamesconnolly
03-11-2019, 05:19 PM

The cats are all right. The who could cover that

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 05:43 PM
I agree the turnout was poor. But rather than have a go at your own supporters you need to ask yourself why.

Following Hibs has always been a rollercoaster, but in the last year we've witnessed a period of utter negligence by the custodians of the club. We have gone from an upward trajectory into a complete nosedive and urgent action is needed. This isn't about a short term dip in form. This is about people falling asleep at the wheel.

Why? Because Hibs are cursed with a support full of torn-faced ********s who think they're owed success because they turn up every time we look like we're on the cusp of something good as a club.

SON OF PADDY
03-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Well said fella
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Alfred E Newman
03-11-2019, 05:48 PM
I do think the winter semi-finals don't help, if it was sunny April, I'm sure we'd see much better numbers - even if we were still playing badly

The weather was perfect for football yesterday. Very mild, dry and no wind.

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Pompous tw@t gets pished and posts pish.

Didn't go …. first Hampden appearance ive missed since 1979 but hey i'm just a fair weather fan :greengrin

Um...yeah that is exactly what you are?

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Hampden is far from convenient either regardless of its proximity to Edinburgh. It’s a brutal ground to get to by car regardless of what end we are housed in. It is a brutal stadium to get parked at.

Here's a bright idea, don't drive to football games. It's one of the biggest reasons that atmospheres in modern grounds have become sedated and crap. People sitting on their hands then silently returning to their cars and driving home.

In fact, given the climate change effect of everyone driving instead of going on buses/trains, it's more than one atmosphere you're killing...

(Disclaimer before I'm hit with a wall of "I AM A BLUE BADGE HOLDER", yes there are exceptions to what I'm saying).

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 06:11 PM
If our fans are so bad then how come we take more away fans to some teams home games and still lose? How come teams bring 40 fans to Easter road that may as well be invisible and they still beat us?

It’s down to the players, if it was related to the fans we’d never have let Livi win the CIS cup in 2004 or whenever it was.

Correlation and causation are not the same thing.

HibeeHibernian4
03-11-2019, 06:16 PM
You'd think a supporter would want what was best for the club. Perhaps you can explain to me how throwing money at a broken system at the club is in the best interests of the club?

Since gates are shared, and we meekly gave over our allocation to Celtic, the board made even more money from yesterday than if we'd had 15,000 Hibs fans there.

So there's one of you bull**** reasons for not going out of the window. Try another. :aok:

hibeerealist
03-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Why? Because Hibs are cursed with a support full of torn-faced ********s who think they're owed success because they turn up every time we look like we're on the cusp of something good as a club.

FFS you again, do you never give up having a go at the fans?

The players doing ok for you then?

The Manager doing fine too?

Get a life ya numptie.

hibeerealist
03-11-2019, 06:29 PM
um...yeah that is exactly what you are?

f u d

SON OF PADDY
03-11-2019, 06:30 PM

😆👏👏👏

Irish-Hibee
03-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Getting away from the who's right, who's wrong that the thread has taking, the one thing I will say is the fans yesterday were the best I heard them in a long long time, even during the lenny reign! Sang their hearts out the whole game!

The Modfather
03-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Here's a bright idea, don't drive to football games. It's one of the biggest reasons that atmospheres in modern grounds have become sedated and crap. People sitting on their hands then silently returning to their cars and driving home.

In fact, given the climate change effect of everyone driving instead of going on buses/trains, it's more than one atmosphere you're killing...

(Disclaimer before I'm hit with a wall of "I AM A BLUE BADGE HOLDER", yes there are exceptions to what I'm saying).

Looks like we can add mode of transport the list of what makes an Uber fan.

Radge70
03-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Looks like we can add mode of transport the list of what makes an Uber fan.
Travelling by Uber takes money away from Beep Beep and, in turn, Hibs. That's about as disloyal as it gets.

HibbySpurs
03-11-2019, 09:04 PM

What a load of rubbish. You have no right to decide how people travel to a football match. The point being made is the stadium in question is a brutal one for travelling to.

As for your comment about people who drive to games sitting on their hands and then returning “silently” to their vehicles what a load of utter bull****. You imply that because as one would hope the driver is and the other occupants of the vehicle are probably sober that this means they will not sing or shout? That’s utter nonsense.

What it does highlight is that you obviously need to have “had a few” before you get up the balls to join in chanting or vocally supporting the team, I’m sorry for your lack of social confidence.

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 09:07 PM

You are a really angry individual. Getting all worked up over people youve never met and whether they go to games and how they get there.

jws1875
04-11-2019, 06:38 AM

Guessing you had a few when you were writing this? 😂

Mideon
04-11-2019, 10:18 AM

Aye very good, some people have valid excuses for not going so don’t be thinking you are the high and mighty. Personally been a season ticket holder for 25 years so don’t need to be told of a .net warrior that I’m not a proper supporter just because you managed to make it to a game. Get a grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
04-11-2019, 10:22 AM
What a load of rubbish. You have no right to decide how people travel to a football match. The point being made is the stadium in question is a brutal one for travelling to.

As for your comment about people who drive to games sitting on their hands and then returning “silently” to their vehicles what a load of utter bull****. You imply that because as one would hope the driver is and the other occupants of the vehicle are probably sober that this means they will not sing or shout? That’s utter nonsense.

What it does highlight is that you obviously need to have “had a few” before you get up the balls to join in chanting or vocally supporting the team, I’m sorry for your lack of social confidence.

There are two separate points that I made.

The first is that Hampden has lots of good transport links if you are taking a bus or the train through. The fact it "isn't good for parking my car" should be the ground's very last consideration, save for a few hundred spaces for any blue badge holders who may need to park close the ground.

At grounds like McDiarmid Park (and we'll both witness this when we're there on Saturday) you'll see what I mean. Most folk drive. Most folk sit on their hands all game and don't sing once.

It isn't about people needing to be boozed up to have a sing song (though that usually does help generally speaking), it's about trains and buses bringing our support together more. Everybody filing into their own car and driving home does none of that and is bad for the planet.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2019, 10:45 AM
So now I've not to drive to the game 'cause it's bad for the planet??

Right you are then :rolleyes:

Mantis Toboggan
04-11-2019, 10:50 AM
There are two separate points that I made.

The first is that Hampden has lots of good transport links if you are taking a bus or the train through. The fact it "isn't good for parking my car" should be the ground's very last consideration, save for a few hundred spaces for any blue badge holders who may need to park close the ground.

At grounds like McDiarmid Park (and we'll both witness this when we're there on Saturday) you'll see what I mean. Most folk drive. Most folk sit on their hands all game and don't sing once.

It isn't about people needing to be boozed up to have a sing song (though that usually does help generally speaking), it's about trains and buses bringing our support together more. Everybody filing into their own car and driving home does none of that and is bad for the planet.

No it doesn't.

we are hibs
04-11-2019, 10:52 AM
As i sat outside hampden on a coach for 25 minutes i must admit i really admired the outstanding transport links and how well run the roads are in and around that hovel.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2019, 11:07 AM
This thread is something else. Not pleasant reading.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/KgFHb3OjjrQHlKgKSo/200.webp?cid=790b76110f029022ae3b5b34f4c8154478060 ac1902e75e9&rid=200.webp (https://giphy.com/gifs/fallontonight-wow-mood-ugh-KgFHb3OjjrQHlKgKSo)

HibeeHibernian4
04-11-2019, 11:15 AM
No it doesn't.

It has five train stations within a twenty minute walk of the ground.

superfurryhibby
04-11-2019, 11:21 AM
No it doesn't.

Agree. To get to Hampden from Queen Street station is a pain in the erchie, but not that hard really.

Getting back to Edinburgh is horrible. No way I'm waiting for the train from Mount Florida back to Central, abandoned that nonsense after the Sheep League Cup final in 86. Usually we walk back, which takes c 45 minutes. Then you have the hour plus wait to get on a train. By the time you get from stadium to Haymarket, your looking at a three hour journey. Then you need to get the bus home.

Anyway, no excuse needed not to go. I've paid my dues and go when I want, so can anyone else. Hats off to those who went through, but there are other things in life. I've only been to three games this season and if this ***** keeps going there will be no season ticket renewal, end of.

Carheenlea
04-11-2019, 11:23 AM
As i sat outside hampden on a coach for 25 minutes i must admit i really admired the outstanding transport links and how well run the roads are in and around that hovel.

The route the police want the buses to use out of the vicinity of Hampden is the most congested. Car travellers have other options that are far less troublesome.

Travelling from Peebles, we come in via M74 and you would hardly know there was a game on at Hampden until you get there. Straight out after game and home in no time. It’s one of our easier grounds to get to in all honesty. Because you can walk all the way round the outside of the ground it doesn’t really matter what end we are in.

Mantis Toboggan
04-11-2019, 11:37 AM
It has five train stations within a twenty minute walk of the ground.

Superfurrys reply covers off this point in relation to getting back from hampden via train. Doesnt matter how many stations there, number of lines and frequency of trains is what is relevant.

Keith_M
04-11-2019, 12:14 PM
There seemed to be a number of Hearts buses re-routed via Partick yesterday.

Was there some problem on the motorway?

CMurdoch
04-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Agree. To get to Hampden from Queen Street station is a pain in the erchie, but not that hard really.

Getting back to Edinburgh is horrible. No way I'm waiting for the train from Mount Florida back to Central, abandoned that nonsense after the Sheep League Cup final in 86. Usually we walk back, which takes c 45 minutes. Then you have the hour plus wait to get on a train. By the time you get from stadium to Haymarket, your looking at a three hour journey. Then you need to get the bus home.

Anyway, no excuse needed not to go. I've paid my dues and go when I want, so can anyone else. Hats off to those who went through, but there are other things in life. I've only been to three games this season and if this ***** keeps going there will be no season ticket renewal, end of.

This post explains why folk take their cars.
We stayed until the final whistle on Saturday then strolled back to the car. Left the area with no real traffic issues and I dropped one of the guys off in Polworth at 8:40pm.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2019, 02:04 PM
This thread is something else. Not pleasant reading.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/KgFHb3OjjrQHlKgKSo/200.webp?cid=790b76110f029022ae3b5b34f4c8154478060 ac1902e75e9&rid=200.webp (https://giphy.com/gifs/fallontonight-wow-mood-ugh-KgFHb3OjjrQHlKgKSo)

I’ve only just clocked it. It’s very funny. Nae Nookie started off armed to the teeth and by end of page 1 is lobbing grenades.
Sorry I’m late but I agree with him. Hibs are difficult to support right now but support them some of us must.
I’m taking my car on Saturday though. And it’s full.