PDA

View Full Version : I'd have taken 2-5 before the game.

G B Young
02-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Main thing was not to have our confidence well and truly shot and I think we showed enough to provide hope we can get away from the drop zone.

Might be wrong but I think the players looked like they still want to perform for the manager.

stokesmessiah
02-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Is this a joke? You would take a 5-2 beating.

Fife-Hibee
You'd have taken a loss before kick off in a semi final? Have we really sunk that low now? :rolleyes:

Since90+2
Just shows how far we've fallen that you'd have accepted a 3 nil defeat before the game. That's a absolutely ***** situation to be in.

Joe6-2
02-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Really??? 2 goals might be enough for him to stay in a job, 5-0 might, just might have got rid of him

HendoDelivered
02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
😂😂😂 embarrassing.

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Think you're on your own there.

We've held Celtic to a draw already this year and have the best record against them of any team in the country since our promotion.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Amazing 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Main thing was not to have our confidence well and truly shot and I think we showed enough to provide hope we can get away from the drop zone.

Might be wrong but I think the players looked like they still want to perform for the manager.

Thanks for that Mr Heckingbottom 👍

CloudSquall
:faf::faf::faf:

****ing delusional

The Harp Awakes

I'm speechless. If that's the attitude we are well and truly ****ed.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 07:30 PM
****in loser at the wind up

Joe6-2

They ARE NOT performing for anyone!!!

CathroMustStay
Cringeworthy beyond belief to state you'd have taken a 5-2 defeat beforehand.

Nevi_SOL
02-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Crackpot!

Sergey
02-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Someones anti-depressants are clearly kicking-in.

We are utterly Tom Kite.

emerald green
02-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Joke surely? This Hibs team do not play with any confidence whatsoever, and it has been like that since Heckingbottom (and whoever else) shipped in a load of duds.

"Perform for the manager". Yep, perform like clowns some of them.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM

I’d rather have taken an honourable penalty defeat from Killie, thereby relieving us of the drivel of the past few weeks, culminating in a match today, which we had no chance of winning and which will see us managerless by midday on Monday.

Hermit Crab
02-11-2019, 07:34 PM
You’d have Taken a defeat before the game with a free hit a Celtic today?? Ok then mate.

Ozyhibby
02-11-2019, 07:34 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakedance
02-11-2019, 07:35 PM
I’ve seen it all now.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 07:36 PM

Wow never thought anyone would find that acceptable.

Frankhfc
02-11-2019, 07:36 PM

I know what you're getting at and I thought most of the players showed passion and a willingness. Celtic were very good today though and with the budget and squad they've got when they're up for it they'll beat any team in Scotland.

You could have worded it better though giving the expected reactions :wink:

The Captain....
02-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Almost dempster like powers of self delusion.

I'm glad someone is optimistic after tonight tho.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Fife-Hibee
02-11-2019, 07:39 PM
I know what you're getting at and I thought most of the players showed passion and a willingness. Celtic were very good today though and with the budget and squad they've got when they're up for it they'll beat any team in Scotland.

You could have worded it better though giving the expected reactions :wink:

Celtic weren't that good. It was their B team. Even St Mirren would have waltzed through that midfield and "defence" today.

PeeKay
02-11-2019, 07:40 PM
I think what the OP means is that he is relieved that the score line was not a whole lot worse.

hibeejeebies
02-11-2019, 07:41 PM

In fairness to the OP a bit tongue in cheek, and I know what you mean, I was fearing an annihilation before the game too and had thoughts of Leicester Southampton flashing through my mind at 0-2.

Fife-Hibee
02-11-2019, 07:42 PM
I think what the OP means is that he is relieved that the score line was not a whole lot worse.

If the scoreline had been 10-0, we'd have been relieved that it wasn't 20-0. It's meaningless.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 07:47 PM
You’d have Taken a defeat before the game with a free hit a Celtic today?? Ok then mate.

Stuff the free hit at Celtic, which turned out as we expected. Yes a defeat against Killie, but a defeat which would have seen us further down the road to turning the corner than we are tonight. Talk about prolonging the agony. On a positive note, it’s good to see you being a wee bit positive for a change. Keep up the good work. :greengrin

ddoc
02-11-2019, 07:49 PM

I, like many, expected this result, or worse. That in itself does not mean it is acceptable. A half decent second half performance does not paper over what was essentially a poor show by so many players.

As for your last sentence, imo I think you are wrong and I could be here for a while yet spelling out why I think you are but I just do not have the energy.

TheHarpy76
02-11-2019, 07:54 PM

And with that...I’m off to the drink cabinet!

Is It On....
02-11-2019, 07:57 PM
You'd have taken a loss before kick off in a semi final? Have we really sunk that low now? :rolleyes:

I understand the sentiment's [the resigned attitude of everyone walking over the bridge last week after the game is testament to this] but I don't believe it's healthy. Celtic haven't massively improved so thinking a 5-2 defeat isn't as bad as it could have been shows how far we have regressed.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 08:25 PM
I understand the sentiment's [the resigned attitude of everyone walking over the bridge last week after the game is testament to this] but I don't believe it's healthy. Celtic haven't massively improved so thinking a 5-2 defeat isn't as bad as it could have been shows how far we have regressed.

It depends where you want to pitch the term ‘healthy’. How healthy is it to drift endlessly from one draw to the next with little or no sign of turning the corner. Major surgery urgently required before the condition becomes terminal.

Squirrel 1875
02-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Ah the Hibernian losers mindset. As seen when we got papped by Celtic 3-0 in the cup final under Fenlon and failed to get past Rangers in the ChMpionship playoffs. So pwoud of our valiant defeat.

killie-hibby
02-11-2019, 08:29 PM
**** off ya ****

To whom are you referring.
From killie-hibby the 1st

RCNG
02-11-2019, 08:30 PM
This thread is a ****ign embarrassment

SickBoy32
02-11-2019, 08:32 PM
OP must be at the wind up.

We were never in the game apart from the first 5-10.

So uncompetitive. Get this **** away from our club now !!

Killiehibbie
02-11-2019, 08:42 PM
To whom are you referring.
From killie-hibby the 1st

The op. As i've said before if I knew you existed I would've chose another name.

He can take the manager with him

Crab apple
02-11-2019, 08:48 PM
This is exactly why PH should be gone. Under Lennon and Stubbs we turned up in Glasgow believing we could go toe to toe with them. The club as a whole is regressing badly.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2019, 08:50 PM
The thing is, 99% of us expected to get stuffed today, and we go into games against the likes of Ross County and Hamilton not really expecting to win now.

Thats what its come to under this clown, expectations are **** and he really needs to go yesterday.

jacomo
02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Ah the Hibernian losers mindset. As seen when we got papped by Celtic 3-0 in the cup final under Fenlon and failed to get past Rangers in the ChMpionship playoffs. So pwoud of our valiant defeat.

Different contexts, meaningless comparisons.

Things are woeful just now though.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 08:55 PM
The thing is, 99% of us expected to get stuffed today, and we go into games against the likes of Ross County and Hamilton not really expecting to win now.

Thats what its come to under this clown, expectations are **** and he really needs to go yesterday.

Exactly, and, with the semi behind us, maybe RG and LD might get a grip on the reality of our perilous situation and act.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2019, 08:55 PM
I would take the second half but not the first. At least the OP has given me a chuckle.

superfurryhibby
02-11-2019, 11:09 PM

Idiotic statement.

Glory Lurker
02-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Just imagine if Celtic had bothered themselves to hit second gear.

green with envy
02-11-2019, 11:48 PM

One must do better when fishing without bait.

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2019, 04:57 AM
I'd have accepted penalties. That's where it ends for me.

G B Young
03-11-2019, 07:36 AM

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Celtic were 4-0 up (going on seven or eight) after half an hour at Pittodrie last week. On their day they are streets ahead of any team in the league bar the huns. Whatever anyone thinks of him Lennon has them playing very well and as he pointed out they have a £16 million striker up front. We have Christian Doidge.

I think it's fair to say that pretty much all Hibs fans, hand on heart, expected us to lose yesterday, probably heavily. Personally I feared a real hiding, perhaps six or seven nil, and the pre-match prediction poll on here showed most felt the same. That's why I didn't go (but hats off to those who did make the effort to support the team). On that basis I thought we did better than expected and if I'd been told we'd score a couple of goals and show some spirit then I'd have accepted that 2-5 scoreline before the game. As Johnnyboy says in his 'This is how it feels' report there were some positive signs there.

None of this means I think we're in an acceptable place. The speed at which we've declined is alarming and depressing. However, we are where we are and at this moment the priority is trying to climb the league table. On yesterday's evidence I thought we had enough about us to at least scramble clear of the relegation zone. Not exactly a lofty target I agree, but assuming Heckingbottom is staying put for now it's what we have to focus on.