PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Smiggy 7-0
02-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Kamberi showed in the second half why he should be in the starting line up. Doidge showed what he normally shows.........absolutely HEE HAW

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:08 PM
He's so much better than any other striker at the club, absolutely bizarre that he's being kept out of the side by Doidge.

I was worried when I watched highlights of Doidge, it seemed like he missed as many good chances as he scored, and most of his goals were very scrappy, close range and not technically challenging. My fears have been cemented these last few weeks. He's so far from being good enough to play at this level, let alone being our most expensive signing in yonks.

I'm very concerned about how we're going to shift the likes of Doidge, Newell and Vela, because who on earth would want them?

Anyway, I hope we get a new manager in who can get the best out of Flo. He's a quality player and I want him to stay, but if things don't change, he'll be desperate to get away in January.

Danderhall Hibs
02-11-2019, 07:10 PM
He did show up. It’s a pity he only does it sometimes - usually when the TV cameras are there.

Andy74
02-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Kamberi showed in the second half why he should be in the starting line up. Doidge showed what he normally shows.........absolutely HEE HAW

If he played like that every week aye.

Doidge has been better recently though all round, other than scoring.

Playing both should be possible though.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I hope Kamberi doesn’t give up on us before PH goes. There’s definitely a player in there and his confidence is low because PH sees Doidge as his main striker.

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Or we could try playing both of them together from the start 🤔

Smiggy 7-0
02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
At one time I thought the best for Doidge was in the development squad to get some game time, now I just think he's gash as is Vela

A Hi-Bee
Kamberi is a good forward Doidge is a crap forward not much to choose between, good v crap.

Danderhall Hibs
Or we could try playing both of them together from the start 🤔

:agree: notable difference when they were both up there.

Andy74
02-11-2019, 07:15 PM

Also noticeable our spell being on top fell away when Doidge went off.

Leith Green

Shame our manager cant fathom that one out , that is unless we are already getting pumped. His setup is just all wrong , he needs to go..

Scouse Hibee
Kamberi scores, Doidge doesn’t, I know who I prefer..........both of them.

JimBHibees
02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
If he played like that every week aye.

Doidge has been better recently though all round, other than scoring.

Playing both should be possible though.

Better is relative he is nowhere near good enough on what he has shown thus far.

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:17 PM

Ive said before doidge is the least of our problems, he is hung out to dry most weeks by his inept managers *****y tactics and formations

Squirrel 1875
02-11-2019, 07:18 PM

Completely agree with Doidge. People on this site keep posting about how much he brings to the team? Nonsense. He is not even close to the standard we require. He showed again he doesn’t have the game intelligence (look at the ball played across goal for him to tap in, he was no where near)

emerald green
02-11-2019, 07:19 PM
I wonder if Doidge will ever score a goal for Hibs. Another signing who is not good enough to be playing at this level.

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Completely agree with Doidge. People on this site keep posting about how much he brings to the team? Nonsense. He is not even close to the standard we require. He showed again he doesn’t have the game intelligence (look at the ball played across goal for him to tap in, he was no where near)

He is literally playing against 2 or 3 defenders on his own most weeks with no support and nobody braking beyond him. Kamberi looks equally **** playing the same role. We have no midfield runners and no support up front. The manager has us setup all wrong and only changes it when its too late.

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Ive said before doidge is the least of our problems, he is hung out to dry most weeks by his inept managers *****y tactics and formations

I don't disagree that our tactics this season have been shockingly bad, but to say Doidge is the least of our problems is surely disingenuous?

He's a striker that misses every single one of his chances, playing in a team that has struggled for goals this season. He might not be our only worry, but he's certainly one of them.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM
I wonder if Doidge will ever score a goal for Hibs. Another signing who is not good enough to be playing at this level.

He has already scored 2. Still dreadful though.

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2019, 07:35 PM
He is literally playing against 2 or 3 defenders on his own most weeks with no support and nobody braking beyond him. Kamberi looks equally **** playing the same role. We have no midfield runners and no support up front. The manager has us setup all wrong and only changes it when its too late.

:agree:

roo62
02-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Better is relative he is nowhere near good enough on what he has shown thus far.

Much rather see a combo of Kamberi and Boyle given a try

mcfly
02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Well played Flo

showed energy and fight.

Can you do the same to vela, James and Doidge please.

PeeKay
02-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Neither Doidge nor Kamberi can play effectively as a lone striker so why play a system that asks either of them to do just that?

emerald green
02-11-2019, 07:46 PM
He has already scored 2. Still dreadful though.

Yep against Alloa and Morton. Not a single goal in the Scottish Premiership though. Agree dreadful.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 07:51 PM
He must be sitting on the bench thinking why the **** is he at Hibs.

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Well played Flo

showed energy and fight.

Can you do the same to vela, James and Doidge please.

He was awful against ross county last week playing as a lone striker

Andy74
02-11-2019, 07:57 PM
He must be sitting on the bench thinking why the **** is he at Hibs.

I think you’re letting your dislike of the manager cloud things here a bit.

On his day Kamberi can be brilliant but the last two managers have both had trouble getting those performances from him regularly.

We’re Hibs. Instead of sitting wondering whether Hibs deserve him he should be showing everyone why he’s too good to be here.

Much of his time here I’d quite happily have taken money for him if anyone was willing to pay it.

Centre Hawf
02-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Flo showed why he’s the better striker. People that think he’s a problem need to have a proper think imo

dchibs
02-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Much rather see a combo of Kamberi and Boyle given a try

I still prefer Boyle on the right wing, we need a penalty box nuciance type striker in there playing up front with Kamberi

I_Love_Latapy
02-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Yup agree with this. On Weds and today we looked stronger with 2 up.

Convinced we should give 4-4-2 diamond a whirl with Allan at top & Halberg at bottom, Squirrel right, Mallan left and Doige/Kamberi up front.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:05 PM

On his day Kamberi can be brilliant but the last two managers have both had trouble getting those performances from him regularly.

We’re Hibs. Instead of sitting wondering whether Hibs deserve him he should be showing everyone why he’s too good to be here.

Much of his time here I’d quite happily have taken money for him if anyone was willing to pay it.

Our manager has had trouble getting performances out of absolutely everyone, mainly his absolutely shocking signings.

Kamberi is one of the best strikers in Scotland if played to his strengths and even when not his class shows at times. Its mental people can’t wait to slag off him and the likes of Allan when the reality is they play in a **** team out of position.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:08 PM

One manager who played lottery every week with team selection and tactics and another manager who is so stubborn he refuses to change tactics from the start of a game, instead waiting till we're behind before he does anything positive.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Yup agree with this. On Weds and today we looked stronger with 2 up.

Convinced we should give 4-4-2 diamond a whirl with Allan at top & Halberg at bottom, Squirrel right, Mallan left and Doige/Kamberi up front.

The diamond leaves our fullbacks exposed and James is so back he'll get hammered every week.

mcfly
02-11-2019, 08:15 PM
He was awful against ross county last week playing as a lone striker

AND??

he was great tonight.

Doidge, vela, James are rubbish every week.

At least we know flo can play well - as for the other 3 the next manager will move them in - cert

MacGruber
02-11-2019, 08:15 PM
All we need now is either to play Celtic and Rangers every week or hope a scout is in the stand so he tries a leg for a move. We play St Johntone next, will he be back to not being interested

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:19 PM
All we need now is either to play Celtic and Rangers every week or hope a scout is in the stand so he tries a leg for a move. We play St Johntone next, will he be back to not being interested

He scored against St Johnston the last time we played them so let’s hope he plays.

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 08:26 PM
AND??

he was great tonight.

Doidge, vela, James are rubbish every week.

At least we know flo can play well - as for the other 3 the next manager will move them in - cert

Yes and you are missing the point i made. Flo looked good when he came on today and he had a strike partner. Against ross county he didnt and he looked *****. The manager needs to play two up top

Jim44
02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
PH must have missed the lesson on plurals at school. ........ ‘strikers’, ya dumplin’.

Hiber-nation
02-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Yes and you are missing the point i made. Flo looked good when he came on today and he had a strike partner. Against ross county he didnt and he looked *****. The manager needs to play two up top

Exactly. Nothing wrong with 1 up front if the striker is good at the role. Neither of these 2 are remotely good up there on their own.

CloudSquall
02-11-2019, 09:25 PM
I'd like to see Kamberi and Doidge (or ideally a new striker) up front together with Allan in behind and Boyle on the wing.

One up front isn't working for us, we need to try something else.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:25 PM
PH must have missed the lesson on plurals at school. ........ ‘strikers’, ya dumplin’.

:greengrin

hibbydog
02-11-2019, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see Kamberi and Doidge (or ideally a new striker) up front together with Allan in behind and Boyle on the wing.

One up front isn't working for us, we need to try something else.

I agree but Doidge is worse than *****. Kamberi and Shaw up front.

James, Vela and Hallberg need to bolt.

hibeerealist
02-11-2019, 09:29 PM

:confused: Confused.

hibeerealist
02-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Neither Doidge nor Kamberi can play effectively as a lone striker so why play a system that asks either of them to do just that?

Very good point perhaps our super manager can explain that one to us!!

I am sure 99% of us can see this but he can’t and IF he wants to play one up top why the **** did he not sign a striker that can play in that formation rather than Doidge ffs :confused:

Eyrie
02-11-2019, 09:35 PM
I agree but Doidge is worse than *****. Kamberi and Shaw up front.

James, Vela and Hallberg need to bolt.
Hallberg?

Surely you mean Newall?

JohnM1875
02-11-2019, 09:41 PM

I don't think a striker who hasn't scored a league goal, given the amount of minutes or chances, is the least of our problems if I'm honest. It's a major problem.

The guy is a charlatan.